What will the paradox game that covers our time frame be like?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, that would result in a impoverished WW2 World for everywhere but the US and Canada. trufacts bruh
The World economy would just be really biased toward USA's China's, South Korea's , and Germany's all of which were fed by US Banks.
And that is interesting, in the game one of big tasks for player could be to find a way to collapse those economies. By wars, embargoes, diplomacy, coups, unrest...
Forming new treaty organizations, new economic zones etc. Really are you not people interesting in something like this? That sounds like the best game from pdox for me that could be built.

They publicly said in a Q/A session that they wouldn't cover today's period.

It wouldn't be a lot of fun anyway, if you think about it. There has been not really much open conflict between great powers since 1945. (Thank God!)

An era of relative peace and prosperity doesn't make for a very interesting game.
There are fair amount of conflicts these days, especially in the middle-east. But it is far from peaceful and I won't even comment on the prosperity as that is such a ridiculous assumption you have made.

There are fair amount of conflicts these days, especially in the middle-east. But it is far from peaceful and I won't even comment on the prosperity as that is such a ridiculous assumption you have made.

He said relative peace and prosperity. The world has never been more peaceful or prosperous than it is today.

I don't know how the warfare could be handed for it's so expensive today and all the nuclear weapons would make it quite hard...

It'd be stupid to make a game about this day, but the near past has some interesting times. In particular I'd love to play a game where you try a rise to power in Russia while the Soviet bloc is collapsing. I think the timeline should be 1989-2008, and in those years, you work your way up through the socio-economic and political latter, beginning to shape the fate of Russia.

a cool concept i've thought of several times would be to have a HOI or EvW style game that incorporates some of the play style of the CK games: pick you country- pick your ideology (CK style)- lead it to glory and dominance domestically and abroad while juggling the needs of your (abstracted) constituents and country. it's not a very fleshed out idea, but hey, think of playing as WWII or cold war era UK conservative party and trying to get/keep Winston Churchill as PM while in the middle of trying to keep the UK from being invaded or nuked into oblivion. or any american political party that doesn't have "republican" or "democrat" in it.

The world is so boring at the moment. There are no major wars and America would be more OP than France is in EUIV, and that's saying a lot. If America aggressively conquers, the UN would impose some petty sanctions while America gets its vassals UK and France to try and veto any further sanctions. Eventually Russia would get pissed and nuke or something.

The world is so boring at the moment. There are no major wars and America would be more OP than France is in EUIV, and that's saying a lot. If America aggressively conquers, the UN would impose some petty sanctions while America gets its vassals UK and France to try and veto any further sanctions. Eventually Russia would get pissed and nuke or something.

actually bjorn, if you flip USA and Russia around, you'll get present day IRL. minus UK and france being puppets.

actually bjorn, if you flip USA and Russia around, you'll get present day IRL. minus UK and france being puppets.

American military is unquestionably the strongest in the world at the moment. For every war no matter who you were you would have to ask yourself. Will America help me? Will they give us their blessing? Will they just stay out of the conflict? If they enter on the opposite side and its an open war then you loose. No country could fight America in an open war.

American military is unquestionably the strongest in the world at the moment. For every war no matter who you were you would have to ask yourself. Will America help me? Will they give us their blessing? Will they just stay out of the conflict? If they enter on the opposite side and its an open war then you loose. No country could fight America in an open war.

technically speaking. here in the USA, we might have the best military, best tech, and the best of nearly everything (if only by the grace of a massive but inefficiently used budget), but superior powers have been defeated before. (SU vs Afghan Mujahideen, USA vs N. Vietnam) besides, it really all depends on the country in opposition, and how prevalent the 3 theaters of combat are, and the strategies and limits used.

Good points Aruon. I think that many of these wars have factors in them that are not in other Paradox games though. These wars were not total wars. IF we look at how America is acting inside of its current wars we have other priorities than just victory. If America went into a total war vs any nation with the idea of winning at all cost, do you think that it could loose?

It is the most peaceful and prosper era in human history. There is only wars at the periphery and most place in the world are developing or have developed a middle class...

You clearly have a lot of international news & geopolitics to catch up on...
Arab Spring, Crimea gets transferred by vote of the people, nothing much. There are wars and conflicts but the amount of them is not even comparable to past eras. 21st century history won't be half as interesting to future generations as 20th century, or 19th, or 18th, or 17th, or 16th, and so on.

Yes because Crimea having a referendum is Russia aggressively expanding[/sarcasm].

And the UK and France are puppets of America.