• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vinland/North America more likely than Greenland. Would be fun to have the EU3/4 map in CK2.

It's so obviously vikings... You can even see the dragon head of a longboat just to the left of those cliffs. Hope they're going to roll back the date a little though. Even though I don't share the same love for drugged up barbarians who did nothing but kill and rape as many people seem to, I'd love to play as a nation that was struggling against them like Britain or France.

You cleary have no idea who the vikings were.How about christians for barbarians?Teutonic Order raping and killing women and children?

Vinland/North America more likely than Greenland. Would be fun to have the EU3/4 map in CK2.

Would be nice to give those Aztecs a piece of our minds, or swords, or Catholicism. As the good Lord intended. By fire and sword.

Yay! My Ethiopian king can marry an Incan princess. And then the pope can call a crusade against the bad Aztecs. And eventually I should start a Holy War against Japan...

No please not. This game should stay eurocentric. If you wan't to play the whole world... There is a very nice mod (Umbra Sphaera)

Yay! My Ethiopian king can marry an Incan princess. And then the pope can call a crusade against the bad Aztecs. And eventually I should start a Holy War against Japan...

No please not. This game should stay eurocentric. If you wan't to play the whole world... There is a very nice mod (Umbra Sphaera)

Holy War against Japan.... i want to report a bug France discover Kyoto at the beginning of the game :p

I think the word you're looking for is "find".

For them to "found" Japan would imply they created it.

Up's... But found is possible... I destroy the title "Empire/Kingdom of Japan" and then I can creat it. :cool:

Up's... But found is possible... I destroy the title "Empire/Kingdom of Japan" and then I can creat it. :cool:

All good. Figured giving you're from Hamburg English isn't your first language... gods knows I like it when a native speaker fixes my German (my second language).

But I'm still getting the mental image that all the original Japanese were actually super-stereotypical Germans, now... Personally, I like it. Though it could use a little Godzilla.

There are 2-3 counties with Norse religion left at game start and these historically got assimilated fast. The DLC needs to be about PAGAN gameplay not only Vikings (who by the way are Norse, Viking just means raider). Lithuania was still pagan in the 15th century it would make more sense for them to be playable than Norse who got christianized in the 11th century.

You cleary have no idea who the vikings were.How about christians for barbarians?Teutonic Order raping and killing women and children?

Well, at lest the Teutonic Order committed this crimes with the self understanding of converting an area to the right believes and to civilize these barbarians. Gaining power and wealth was a nice side effect though. Do not get me wrong, their crimes are both cruel but you have to differ by judging their intentions. The TO though at least they were doing something good. The Vikings just set sails to destroy and plunder.

There are 2-3 counties with Norse religion left at game start and these historically got assimilated fast. The DLC needs to be about PAGAN gameplay not only Vikings (who by the way are Norse, Viking just means raider). Lithuania was still pagan in the 15th century it would make more sense for them to be playable than Norse who got christianized in the 11th century.
Lithuanian Paganism doesn't have the same mass appeal as Norse Paganism.

Norse don't get christianised in the 11th century... Only in the game at the moment. Historically they still exist in the 13th/14th century. And there where some Norse kings of Sweden at this time. Håkan the Red (who is catholic ingame...) or Blot-Sweyn (Who isn't ingame). And Eric the Pagan had good chances to became the king of Sweden too. In the game time Norse was still important in Sweden.

In actual history Sweden had only two or three Christian provinces by 1066 and it took many centuries for the country to become fully Christian.

Well, at lest the Teutonic Order committed this crimes with the self understanding of converting an area to the right believes and to civilize these barbarians. Gaining power and wealth was a nice side effect though. Do not get me wrong, their crimes are both cruel but you have to differ by judging their intentions. The TO though at least they were doing something good. The Vikings just set sails to destroy and plunder.

N... no? The ends don't justify the means, and the TO butchering people in the name of their god doesn't magically make it better. Not to mention, the Norse who went Viking didn't just sit down and go "well, time to raid n' rape!" They sought to explore, get rich, and earn themselves a right in their society to be somebody. Often times, the Vikings were younger or unliked sons who stood to have absolutely crap in their lives, and going Viking was their only option to avoid that. No one undertakes any action intentionally thing "NYAAAAH, THIS IS SO DELICIOUSLY EVIL!!!" The Vikings equally felt they were doing the "right thing", no different than the Teutons. And any argument of "well, they should've known better!" can be applied to both.

Not to mention, its hard to compare the raids of Vikings to the total conquest of a people and the brutal and violent destruction of their faith and much of their culture. Even the Danes weren't that vicious when they invaded England.

The idea that the Vikings were any more violent or "evil" than Christian Europeans comes from the fact that the only people of the time writing about the Vikings were the same ones who were failing to stop them. Yes, they were violent and at times brutal, but that's not the point... the point is, everyone during this period was pretty much just as violent and brutal, and the justification in their heads for it means little. If your lands are burned and family slaughtered, do you really care if the people behind it did it for their god(s) or for wealth?