What is the story behind province xBB27F6 , plus other issues in the pacific ocean

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MtBannockburn

Private
65 Badges
Dec 22, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel

Integrity​

I have verified my game files (on Steam)​

Yes

I have disabled all mods​

Yes

Required​

Summary​

What is the story behind province xBB27F6 , plus other issues in the pacific ocean

Description​

While looking over the shape of states in the game I saw an island to the east of taiwan, google maps says it is the island of Yaeyama/Ishigaki which apparently had never had any history of being owned by any nation than Ryukyu (of EU4 fame) or Japan when the Ryukyu protectorate was annexed. The province is even combined with the Taiwan city of Hualien. Should Ishigaki not instead be painted to be part of province xF0F061? Is there a further story behind it which I missed?

The map would be cleaner in design if the Bonin Islands (Iwo Jima) x800111 were instead part of the Ryukyu Islands, to allow a nation to be able hold all pacific islands without needing to conquer Kyushu. (eg a resurgent Hawaii)

The first time Japan held the Northern Marianas Islands "xEF50C0" was during WW1 when they were conquered from Germany who had in turn purchased them from Spain, It would be better if it was part of the state of west micronesia

A bug which you have probably already heard, because I learned it from someone else but I will repeat it to be thorough. The Kuril Islands do not have a strait attached to them and considered impassable, if Japan colonizes Hokkaido before passing the colonization law it will be impossible for any nation to own the kurils without console commands.

Would be nice if Eastern Papua was part of the Oceania strategic area to better reflect its historical colonization and its general position in the Bismarck Sea

Finally what's up with the game file format for common/history/states:00_states
for everywhere else in the files you have it all partitioned into 15 continental regions, but for 00_states and only 00_states it is all in one super file. If it was in the same format as literally everywhere else in the game, the maintaining of mods would enormously easier. it would take less than a days work, I know the engine can manage it, I would even be willing to do it myself (copying the order of histrory/pops) if I didnt suspect that it would against some developer policy you probably have

Steps to reproduce​

map_data/provinces.png

Game Version​

OS​

Windows

Additional​

Bug Type​

Other

Save Game​

Attachments​

province xBB27F6 _2.pngprovince xBB27F6.png

Player Pain​