• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does anyone have any information on what Stimulus and Security do yet? It seems security prevents corruption. I am assuming stimulus aids natural growth of population, but I am trying to play with 0 stimulus.

Well, here a Information from my side, we allready talked about it in the Bug ticket.

To construct a Gem World or a Forge World, you need Political Science Research, First FTL Economys, after that the province update to 5, and after that you get the Research for Gem/Forge Worlds. If you got it, you get a new slider for Planets with minimum size 10 , as far as i know, and can put it to max. After the Construction of a "uber-industrialisation" is complete, the game let choose you what the world should become. Gem, thats a Population and Trade Planet that produces extremly high income, or Forge, a World that does only Production. Each option , if i remember it right, doubles the production or Income bonus of a planet, and you get a doubling in population/empire population.

But atm it seemed bugged, every time i choose it crash, other guy tryed it too, also crash. So i wouldnt yet use that option. Or at least make a savegame before build up.

And a Question from my side:

SOL-Forces

Node-Fighters and Drones. I tryed every varriation now, but it seems that i cannot fit a Rider-Carrier with Node Fighters, that i cannot build designed Drones, and that the research upgrade "Rider-Hangar" for starbases has no effect at all. Somebody know how it maybe works? Or no idear? I would like at least to try drones, but i didnt find any way to build them, only drone-carriers without a single drone it seems. In battle they dont launch any drone.

Put a link up for version 1.1 Manual. Admiral traits and some extra stuff in it compared to old one.

I'm not sure if this was in the old manual, but I just like this sentence from "Budgets and Accidents":
"But when you rush things, accidents can happen. And accidents never have good results for the empire." - Kind of ironic, after what happened this weekend. :)

I'm not sure if this was in the old manual, but I just like this sentence from "Budgets and Accidents":
"But when you rush things, accidents can happen. And accidents never have good results for the empire." - Kind of ironic, after what happened this weekend. :)

Pouring money into something is not conducive to rushing it, if the Gates Foundation gives 1 billion one day to the Polio Research foundation you can bet your ass they're going to have a lot more progress and better equipment and other such things and more people even. The whole overbudget thing is thrown around far too much and unrealistically and worse is the whole "rushing system".

Module update Info
Reflex Furnace- increases ship speed and turning
Aux Fusion- increases power for energy weapons and gives backup to your main generators if they take a critical.
Beam module-Adds a forward firing beam weapon to ship
Torpedo Module- Adds a single forward firing Torpedo weapon to ship
PD Module- Adds light laser turrets to ship
Professor X module-Increases Psionic Abilities in Combat and gives Psionic Defense

Pouring money into something is not conducive to rushing it, if the Gates Foundation gives 1 billion one day to the Polio Research foundation you can bet your ass they're going to have a lot more progress and better equipment and other such things and more people even.

Assuming a) the money goes to where it will do most good, rather than being frittered away on luxury bonuses for the company, middle managers or simply being embezzled and b) the problems facing the company are those which can be solved by a better budget rather than say needing a breakthrough in a completely unrelated area.

If putting money into things automatically made them more efficient, the British NHS would be the most efficient service in the world. Rather than being one of the worst in Europe despite having more money spent on it than in any other country. Money can do many things, overcoming human stupidity is not one of them.

If putting money into things automatically made them more efficient, the British NHS would be the most efficient service in the world. Rather than being one of the worst in Europe despite having more money spent on it than in any other country. Money can do many things, overcoming human stupidity is not one of them.

Your point, I assume, is that money is not used effectively. This doesn't mean that more money should make things blow up. I believe rushing things and increasing research budget should be treated separately, that is, there should be an option to rush research (the more rushed, the more prone to accidents), and a larger budget should decrease the chance of bad things happening (the more money, the less efficient, naturally).

I agree with aaaaaargh. Allocating more funds is not the same as trying to force results.

PD Module- Adds light laser turrets to ship

Actually just light turrets. They take gauss weapons too.

Pouring money into something is not conducive to rushing it, if the Gates Foundation gives 1 billion one day to the Polio Research foundation you can bet your ass they're going to have a lot more progress and better equipment and other such things and more people even. The whole overbudget thing is thrown around far too much and unrealistically and worse is the whole "rushing system".

I was making what we call a joke. The "rushing" was supposed to be the seemingly premature release of SotS 2 with bad things happening to the empire.

[/QUOTE]Admiral traits (Info from Kerberos forum. Link : http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=21997 )

Architect - increased construction points on construction missions. Characteristic can increase in level over time.
Bad Shepard - decreased population growth of new colony on colony missions.
Black Thumb - decreased terraforming rate of new colony on colony missions.
Conscript - more likely to be converted by the enemy. As well, they tend to retire earlier on average.
Drill Seargent - increase accuracy of fleet weapons, but also increase supply cost.
Evangelist - Liir only, increased chance to convert a captured enemy admiral, who then provides enemy movement info for a handful of turns.
Good Shepard - increased population growth of new colony on colony missions. Characteristic can increase in level over time.
Green Thumb - increased terraforming rate of new colony on colony missions.
Headhunter - Morrigi only, increased chance (50/50) that a captured enemy admiral joins the Morrigi.
Inquisitor - Zuul only, kills a captured enemy admiral and steals a trait
Livingstone - increases survey mission time by one or two turns.
Pathfinder - reduces survey mission time by one or two turns.
Slippery - larger chance to survive command ship destruction and avoid capture. Characteristic can increase in level over time.
Thrifty - reduces fleet supply cost.
True Believer - less likely to be converted by the enemy (resistance to Evangelist or Inquisitor attacks)
Vigilant - increased chance to engage pirates (works better on patrol than on interdiction).
Wastrel - increased fleet supply cost.

Lets hope Kerberos will fix the tool tips soon. Its much better to have info at hand when you in game.[/QUOTE]

All I have to say is WTF... They have bad traits and good traits but commanders only get one trait .. SO WHY would I bother using a commander with a bad trait? why not give him the axe and get a competent general in there.. Honestly they need to each have two traits a good and bad and there should be a whole lot more traits around as well.