• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which expansion would you like next?

• EU3 - (Rotw focus)

Votes: 1.262 46,2%
  • Rome -(Alexander era, revised map)

Votes: 685 25,1%
  • HoI3 - (Expanded timelines, battlescenarios)

Votes: 288 10,5%
  • Victoria 2 - (US Civil War)

Votes: 499 18,3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rome probably needs it most...

But nah. I've been trying to mod too much ROTW stuff, too often, since EU 3 came out to pass the chance to finally get that stuff in an expansion.

EU3: It Has Universalis in It, too has my vote.

I would probably vote for a Victoria 2 expansion, but as the game is not even released yet, it is impossible for us to tell what kinds of things would it need in an expansion. Besides, having the American Civil War as the focus of the expansion sounds just boring and way too specific for me.

Regarding HoI3, I would just have to see whether Semper Fi makes the game fun for me or not before I could make a decision. I also don't find battlescenarios interesting.

The Rome expansion might have some potential, but then again the Alexander era is not that exciting for me because of how few potentially playable countries there are. EU3 on the other hand is already a great game, but as I have had some of my most fun SP games as non-European countries, I'd really like to see them have some new game mechanics specifically designed for them. After the potential FIFTH expansion, the game would definitely need a 'Europa Universalis III: This Time Really Complete' version.

I voted rome but not too keen on the alexander era thing. the game really has potential and need more focus on the timeline it has now. there is a tread in the eu:r forum with good ideas

As much as I think Rome deserves a new expansion (with an improved/expanded map) and an extended character system, Rome hasn't and will probably never be my favourite Paradox game.

EU3 (and especially with the 3 expansions so far) is my favourite. I might tire from Rome, Vicky, HoI and EU3, but so far EU3 is the only one I return to everyime, even without a new expansion pack.

Vicky2 is new, and should be finished before works on a new expansion begins
HoI3 just has a new expansion, so to soon too.
CK2 isn't even there (yet)
Rome deserves it, but this does not have my preference.

EU3 can have lots more of expansion, and I would pre-order any of them. Simply because it's a great game, and still can be mightily expanded upon. Any expansion is bound to make it even greater.

This is a fair point. All I can say in defence of it is that Victoria 2 as a game scope has a lot of potential for expansion material.

To quote from the movie Gladiator: "But not yet... not yet." ;)

If it won't get an expansion now it will never get one (it IS the only possible choice if you consider the other three games and the time they got and get their expansion and will be released)

This is the way I see it, too. If Rome doesn't get an expansion next, Rome will become a forgotten title. Rome fans have been waiting for too long now. :)

EU3 is a pretty complete game and already has too many expansions IMO.

Rome probably has the most unfulfilled potential of any Paradox game I've played.

I haven't played HoI3 or Vicky2 so it's impossible for me to say anything about those.

For the above reasons I went with Rome.

rest of the world :)
HOI 3 just got its exansion , and i don't have the latter two (of maybe i have unregistered rome)

*throws flyers with a a big "VOTE FOR ROME" advertising to the crowd*

- Sorry for beeing penetrative, but Rome deserves this expansion! :)

I voted for the Civil War expansion for Victoria 2 but it would be nice if it also included a WW1 scenario.

I'd say Rome needs it more, but I'm not a beta for Rome, I'd have to wait for it like everyone else :( ...then again, maybe they'll let the CE owners test it...

I can see that EU3 is more popular, but Rome needs an expansion. 99% of the topics in the Rome forum are expansion ideas or requests, posted by myself and many other dedicated fans who can see the potential of Rome. As I see it, Paradox have barely scratched the surface of Rome and there's a rich goldmine beneath! I know I'll get flamed for my views, but here's what I feel about the choices:

EUIII - Already has three expansions under it's belt and has a huge, dedicated following. Does it really need a fourth expansion only two months after the third one was released?

Rome - There is much dissapointment amongst it's flagging fanbase with the lack of love Rome is getting.

HOI3 - Rome has been waiting for a second expansion for almost two years and HOI3 is considered for a second expansion before the first is even released?! :(

Victoria 2 - I'm sure many fans would appreciate a Victoria 2 expansion, but the game hasn't even been released yet! Isn't it a little early to be considered for an expansion?

I'm not having a dig at any of the games or their fans, but I just don't want to see Rome pushed out into the cold again. Yes, I am a Rome "fanboy" if you like, but I want Rome to receive the same attention as other Paradox titles.
Excellent reasoning, I completely agree.

I'm a big fan of EU3, but it has had a lot of support lately in its three expansions. Any more expansions and you may as well just start working on an EU4, TBH. Rome has a ton of potential, and making an Alexander expansion by necessity means that there will be some big gameplay improvements for the rest of the game.

Oh dear god, EU3 expansion is winning! ;-)

And now for something completely different...

Ice Cream Vendor: What kind of topping do you want for your ice-cream? We have strawberry, chocolate, tutti-frutti or mixed nuts.

Customer: WTF! You haven't even given me the ice-cream yet! This is outrageous!

Slargos: :rolleyes: GTFO of the line plz. :rolleyes:

EU3 - Has had enough expansions. Besides Magna Mundi will be coming out in 2011 (I think).

Rome - Has never had enough attention, while it does have a lot of potential.

HOI3 - Too soon for another expansion.

Vicky 2 - Too soon for an expansion.

Totally agree. I love EUIII and another expansion would be nice, but its time for EUIV, imo. Rome expansion would be best option.

EU3 seems almost perfect with HttT, no need for another expansion.

HoI3, lets see how SF turns out to be and I think the timeframe good enough and I don't play battlescenarios.

Vicky2, lets first enjoy the base game a while.

So a Rome Expansion is my choice.

I voted Rome. A bigger map and an extended timeline isn't my top priorities though. For me the most important thing would be making that characters come more alive. Players needs to be able to identify more with the characters and their families. In essence you need to look at what you did right in CK, and import that to Rome.

Also technology needs a major overhaul. Tech levels simply doesn't make sense within the timeframe. Again CK could be an inspiration. Local "tech" and doctrines spreading to nearby provinces makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.