• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For you, winning is an aspiration, rather than a cast iron pledge. :p

To be fair he *was* the obvious person to get hunted. Either him or you. Both or you were fairly certain to be non-wolves.
Just like I was the obvious person to get hunted when I revealed my scannedness earlier.

(As an aside: That one is a fairly good example of me putting the good of the village over the good of myself. It's a character flaw ..
On the other hand, I did get subbed back in as I tend to do when I die early as a villager, so hey :) )

Back on topic though: Jonti, if you're a villager, you better come up with some genius plan to get the village out of this particular predicament. I sure don't have any.

Everyone will need to talk and analyse at least a little today if we're going to get out of this mess.

To be fair he *was* the obvious person to get hunted. Either him or you. Both or you were fairly certain to be non-wolves.
Just like I was the obvious person to get hunted when I revealed my scannedness earlier.

(As an aside: That one is a fairly good example of me putting the good of the village over the good of myself. It's a character flaw ..
On the other hand, I did get subbed back in as I tend to do when I die early as a villager, so hey :) )

Back on topic though: Jonti, if you're a villager, you better come up with some genius plan to get the village out of this particular predicament. I sure don't have any.

Everyone will need to talk and analyse at least a little today if we're going to get out of this mess.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume jonti's innocence. If anybody has developed a rep for being quick to pounce on a packmate, it's him. He proclaims it every chance he can get, usually whenever someone accuses him of defending a wolf. He jumped on one bandwagon after another on the fourth day, as if he was trying to either hide or to gain cred, and he was on the Slinkwagon yesterday (of course, so were you). He didn't lead the vote onto any of the wolves, he just followed others. With the seer dead, that sounds exactly like what a wolfish jonti would do, and it's probably one reason he has so many more victories than anyone else - he's good at hiding.

I have never been able to read jonti very well, and I don't think I've ever caught him when he was a wolf (I've lynched him as a fellow villager, however, usually on the last day...), but I don't think he's cleared. In fact, I think I made a mistake when I cleared him along with Strange earlier. After he and Euro almost killed each other, Strange was clearly good. I cleared jonti after a hurried conventional analysis, i.e. assuming that a wolf wouldn't endanger another, and avoid bandwagoning them. But conventional wisdom doesn't apply to a serial backstabber.

I think Steed could also easily be the last wolf, as his "claim" to innocence is the weakest out of all of us. He put the first vote on Euro in Round Three, when five other people all had one vote on them, and then just didn't leap off. He could have just been offline all day, or maybe he didn't want to risk unvoting a wolf in a close vote or not. But a first vote, and one without a real argument for it, doesn't clear him very much, if at all. Other than that, he voted for AOK over Jamie, and Slinky over Lemmy.

Unfortunately, I can't even write you off. But I have the least to suspect you of. I have much less experience with you than I do with jonti and Steed (who were already veterans when I was just starting, many years ago), and I can't say I know how you would deal with voting towards packmates. With them, however, I have a lot more to suspect. I guess that's about as good as you can get.

Jonti is a very questionable packmate with Euro or Jamie, you don't fit well with Jamie, and I don't fit with Lemmy or Euro. Steed and Euro, however, isn't as clear, and there's no reason at all he couldn't fit with Jamie or Lemmy.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume jonti's innocence. If anybody has developed a rep for being quick to pounce on a packmate, it's him. He proclaims it every chance he can get, usually whenever someone accuses him of defending a wolf.

I'm not. I'm simply assuming that if he's a villager he will want to do *something* to win this game, rather than doing what he did the previous round. As I stated earlier he isn't cleared by any means ..

He jumped on one bandwagon after another on the fourth day, as if he was trying to either hide or to gain cred, and he was on the Slinkwagon yesterday (of course, so were you).

I started it, so I should know.
Speaking of bandwagons, he did follow my vote switch from jamie, to lemeard, to steed, back to jamie rather quickly.
(edit: Especially considering the way he followed my silly vote on Lemeard based on faulty reasoning ;-) )

He didn't lead the vote onto any of the wolves, he just followed others. With the seer dead, that sounds exactly like what a wolfish jonti would do, and it's probably one reason he has so many more victories than anyone else - he's good at hiding.

The thing is that I had put him as a probable villager based on what happened rather early in the game - round one, I believe.

I have never been able to read jonti very well, and I don't think I've ever caught him when he was a wolf (I've lynched him as a fellow villager, however, usually on the last day...), but I don't think he's cleared.

In fact, I think I made a mistake when I cleared him along with Strange earlier. After he and Euro almost killed each other, Strange was clearly good. I cleared jonti after a hurried conventional analysis, i.e. assuming that a wolf wouldn't endanger another, and avoid bandwagoning them. But conventional wisdom doesn't apply to a serial backstabber.

It's a matter of "when" that counts. Circumstances matter a lot. That goes for every single one of us - when we voted a wolf, what were the circumstances?

I think Steed could also easily be the last wolf, as his "claim" to innocence is the weakest out of all of us. He put the first vote on Euro in Round Three, when five other people all had one vote on them, and then just didn't leap off. He could have just been offline all day, or maybe he didn't want to risk unvoting a wolf in a close vote or not. But a first vote, and one without a real argument for it, doesn't clear him very much, if at all. Other than that, he voted for AOK over Jamie, and Slinky over Lemmy.

True.
Too bad AOK isn't alive, I would havel liked to hear his reasoning why he felt Steed was innocent ;-)

Unfortunately, I can't even write you off. But I have the least to suspect you of. I have much less experience with you than I do with jonti and Steed (who were already veterans when I was just starting, many years ago), and I can't say I know how you would deal with voting towards packmates. With them, however, I have a lot more to suspect. I guess that's about as good as you can get.

Unfortunately I've done my share of packstabbing as I'm sure Steed can attest ;-)

I don't think I've ever done a full-thread-reread-and-post-the-musings as a wolf though. It's a lot harder to not show your wolfish nature if you have to do long analysis posts like that - for me, at least.

Jonti is a very questionable packmate with Euro or Jamie, you don't fit well with Jamie, and I don't fit with Lemmy or Euro. Steed and Euro, however, isn't as clear, and there's no reason at all he couldn't fit with Jamie or Lemmy.

So you're suggesting we lynch Steed, then?

Last edited:
I'm not. I'm simply assuming that if he's a villager he will want to do *something* to win this game, rather than doing what he did the previous round. As I stated earlier he isn't cleared by any means ..

I started it, so I should know.
Speaking of bandwagons, he did follow my vote switch from jamie, to lemeard, to steed, back to jamie rather quickly.

I just noticed that once you pointed that out.

Round Four Voting

Strange --> TT
TT --> Lemmy
Steed --> AOK
AOK --> Jamie
Jamie --> AOK
randy --> Jamie*
jonti --> Jamie*
randy --> Lemmy --> None (Jamie)*
jonti --> Lemmy (Jamie)*
randy --> Jamie (None)
jonti --> Steed --> Jamie (Lemmy)

Lemmy --> Steed
Slinky --> AOK --> Jamie

In the same post, jonti uses my pack possibilities as a reason to follow you onto Lemmy. Is he following both of us?

The thing is that I had put him as a probable villager based on what happened rather early in the game - round one, I believe.

That would have been a good time to separate yourself from a packmate. Very dangerous, though.

It's a matter of "when" that counts. Circumstances matter a lot. That goes for every single one of us - when we voted a wolf, what were the circumstances?

The only time you voted a wolf was when you jumped on AOK's Jamiewagon in the fourth, then lept to Lemmy, then back to Jamie. So you and jonti were both doing the same thing that round. Marty also put a second vote on Lemmy in the second, but pulled off to go after Lordy. I put the third vote on Euro in the third and only voted Lemmy in later rounds. Jonti only followed others onto wolves with minimal explanation, and Steed only put that first vote on Euro and didn't remove it once the bandwagon started. Other than that, Steed hasn't once voted for a baddie.

True.
Too bad AOK isn't alive, I would havel liked to hear his reasoning why he felt Steed was innocent ;-)

I don't want to use a ghost's reasoning as a motivation for my actions (as it would be like blaming them if I'm wrong), but I've known AOK to string wolves along by claiming he thinks they're innocent, all so he can maybe dodge the hunt and save that wolf for last. When AOK had "cleared" Steed, he was already going after Jamie, and unless he was abusing hindsight, he seemed to think Lemmy was a likely baddie too. But then, so did I. He was a rather obvious wolf. If Steed is a baddie, he's done a much better job of hiding than either Lemmy or Jamie, so AOK might have been a little less certain about him and wanted to see what would happen if he went after the easier suspects.

Again, though, that's all speculation.

Unfortunately I've done my share of packstabbing as I'm sure Steed can attest ;-)

Disappointing. And a little disheartening. Although it's nice you're being honest about that.

I don't think I've ever done a full-thread-reread-and-post-the-musings as a wolf though. It's a lot harder to not show your wolfish nature if you have to do long analysis posts like that - for me, at least.

Start early, and review every day, like you're supposed to do in school. It's so much easier that way. Just don't ever let the early analysis tell you what to do. It's little better than guesswork if you take it seriously before even a single wolf is exposed.

So you're suggesting we lynch Steed, then?

He seems like the best lynch. But I'd hate to get burned by jonti again. For once, I want to read him correctly.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume jonti's innocence. If anybody has developed a rep for being quick to pounce on a packmate, it's him. He proclaims it every chance he can get, usually whenever someone accuses him of defending a wolf. He jumped on one bandwagon after another on the fourth day, as if he was trying to either hide or to gain cred, and he was on the Slinkwagon yesterday (of course, so were you). He didn't lead the vote onto any of the wolves, he just followed others. With the seer dead, that sounds exactly like what a wolfish jonti would do, and it's probably one reason he has so many more victories than anyone else - he's good at hiding.

Well in your defence you did admit you can't read me ;)

I do jump on packmates, but only when the situation requires it. What wolf me would have done was to save Slinky to gain cred, not let the TIE happen. But this is getting too much into OJ territory. I'm not the wolf, and the pack analysis makes this pretty clear. Like AOK said, remove jonti-h and add in x and what does it say then.

I have never been able to read jonti very well, and I don't think I've ever caught him when he was a wolf (I've lynched him as a fellow villager, however, usually on the last day...),

Yes, you went through a phase when you did it every game, until I made some complaints IIRC.

But conventional wisdom doesn't apply to a serial backstabber.

The point with backstabbing is that you only do it when the situation demands it. That's the difference between a successful wolf and a loose cannon. See the game where Spacehusky outed me (we were packmates) for the difference. I do it where it's necessary for the pack's survival, not just because it's fun or it gets me a win.

Voting Lemeard yesterday, that would have been good wolfplay. Endangering EURO or even Jamie is not. You have to balance your desire for victory with the need for your faction to win. This is where you get a lot of false positives on me TT, and you need to look beyond the fact that I'm #1 player. Ockham's razor and all of that.

I think Steed could also easily be the last wolf, as his "claim" to innocence is the weakest out of all of us. He put the first vote on Euro in Round Three, when five other people all had one vote on them, and then just didn't leap off. He could have just been offline all day, or maybe he didn't want to risk unvoting a wolf in a close vote or not. But a first vote, and one without a real argument for it, doesn't clear him very much, if at all.

IMO making the first vote on someone looks more to screw any analysis than anything else. Especially when it is not a reasoned vote, and it sticks all day.

Other than that, he voted for AOK over Jamie, and Slinky over Lemmy.

Which makes him a pretty good suspect.

He's pretty much as bad a backstabber as me, but doesn't yet have the rep for it.

This is the key sentence here. Again, using Ockham's slightly blunt razor Steed is the best suspect. Not only that but he's not actually said anything much all game.

(edit: Especially considering the way he followed my silly vote on Lemeard based on faulty reasoning ;-) )

I had some suspicions of Lemeard myself, like the fact he got very cagey on MSN whenever I mentioned WW. He usually talks about the game a lot, who he suspects and who he thinks is clear and all of that.

Indeed.

I do think that Steed is the best suspect here. As has been said he is the only one of us who fits with the dead wolves at all well. There's not really much that I can add to what others have said (which despite Randakar usually siezing on that as a baddie tell, is nothing of the sort) because it's been said before and probably better than I can put it.

TT: Doesn't fit with the packs, and is too good to backstab - unless he's had a personality transplant.

Randakar: Doesn't fit with the packs, has been posting walls of text, which as he says, is near impossible without incriminating yourself.

Me: Fits with none of the confirmed wolves, and while a backstabber does not do it where it's avoidable. The only backstab that I'd have done as a wolf would be to have unvoted Slinky and voted Lem yesterday.

Vote Steed then. When all that remains and all that.

You've got 6 wins, according to the last update which was five months ago (*ahem update*):)

Really?! My memory makes me feel rubbish now....

I see the wolves have won this then.... Fair play to them. I got confused and lost ages ago in this game, the subs have lost me and im far to tired to concentrate.

Vote Randakar.

He is probably pulling the strings more than most with his posting.

Im the least likely wolf here and thus you all deserve to loose if you lynch me. I wont bother arguing as your obviously like a flock of sheep and the wools been pulled right over your eyes..
Well done wolves. :)

I see the wolves have won this then.... Fair play to them. I got confused and lost ages ago in this game, the subs have lost me and im far to tired to concentrate.

Vote Randakar.

He is probably pulling the strings more than most with his posting.

Im the least likely wolf here and thus you all deserve to loose if you lynch me. I wont bother arguing as your obviously like a flock of sheep and the wools been pulled right over your eyes..

And what makes you the least likely wolf again?

Explain more.

So if Steed is going to disappear after another inactive day, does that make him a resigned wolf, or an apathetic villager?

It could make him a pathetic, apathetic wolf.

jonti-h said:
He's pretty much as bad a backstabber as me, but doesn't yet have the rep for it.

Thank you for the compliment, I guess :p

@jonti-h - I have to go by something if I am going to figure out who the last wolf is ;-)
Looking for wolf tells is the only way left, I'm afraid.

For instance, TT has been posting walls of text today. Normally that would be a classic thistle wolf tell, if I understood some comments of the_hdk's (well before this game started) correctly - but he has only been doing that today, when the game is about to end.

Either way the vote is forcing my hand. I'm not a wolf, have no desire to get lynched, and no good arguments against anyone else anyway.

Vote Steed

As usual - jonti, thistle, if either of you is a wolf - chapeau. Well done.

edit: For the record, Kaetje seems to think jonti is a wolf again. I'm far from convinced though ;-)

Thank you for the compliment, I guess :p

@jonti-h - I have to go by something if I am going to figure out who the last wolf is ;-)
Looking for wolf tells is the only way left, I'm afraid.

For instance, TT has been posting walls of text today. Normally that would be a classic thistle wolf tell, if I understood some comments of the_hdk's (well before this game started) correctly - but he has only been doing that today, when the game is about to end.

I publicly overanalyze no matter what I am. I suspect that people only think I do it as a wolf because they don't expect wolves to do things like that. But I've been creating massive analytical posts stuffed to the gills with facts (usually with the useless or misleading drowning out the good stuff) since X-Men.

edit: For the record, Kaetje seems to think jonti is a wolf again. I'm far from convinced though ;-)

Crap. Just what I need, more evidence-of-sorts to make me feel all the stupider if I'm wrong.

Last Day​

We all know how it ended. Actually to be honest there isn't much to say about our last day at Hailsham. It's sad to think about it, how it ended. But for your sake i'll have to repeat it. So what happened was that the true mastermind behind the clone uprising was an anomaly. A thing not supposed to exist. Maybe it was animated. Some say it was raised by a necromancer. Either way it was a talking tooth that had you all fooled. Now with his minions gone he could go on and eliminate everything at Hailsham bringing actual peace to the grounds. No more adhd posters and mororns. No more undead walters hating the guts of his killers.

Total peace.

crown-tooth3.jpg

The talking tooth wins!

Winner:

Baddie WIN

Thistletooth

HA HA @ jonti

Well done Thistletooth. Although your sellouts were pretty brutal your packmates deserved it as they played poorly, while you yourself deserved to win.
However the halo image will have to go from now on:D

While the village can't be blamed for not lynching TT I'm surprised they chose Steed instead of Randakar or particularly jonti. I had stated early on that Steed was probably a villager, and then AOK elaborated on that later, nobody really challenged the argument. Also a wolf would never be as inactive as that on the last day.