• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
De veraater or somthing like that in Dutch.
1694005983164.png

• 5Haha
Reactions:
Oh looks like there are loads of different international versions! Maybe I'll sign up and spend 1 day screaming about pack analysis before being voted off

Oh looks like there are loads of different international versions! Maybe I'll sign up and spend 1 day screaming about pack analysis before being voted off
I'd watch that.

You'd be in the pack, orchestrate the most blatant block voting ever, get the seer lynched day 1 after he self outed to save his neck, and still get a Stalingrad...

Reactions:
You'd be in the pack, orchestrate the most blatant block voting ever, get the seer lynched day 1 after he self outed to save his neck, and still get a Stalingrad...
Then I would say on camera, "Oh gosh, we lost the seer."

I received some insider info that MarioFan797 was secretly pjnlsn's sockpuppet. Don't ask how I know.
How do you even know about pencil? That was before your days.

Also, did mariofan ever actually play a game, or did they only advertise that championship game?

How do you even know about pencil? That was before your days.

Also, did mariofan ever actually play a game, or did they only advertise that championship game?
I believe they tried to participate in a game (Lost at Sea), but was doing so by claiming to be the GM and declaring the game suddenly over. Also, I don't know who "Pencil" is but apparently my insider does.

Okay, it's been three and a half months since the last game ended. Can we hold a funeral service for this forum now or should we wait a bit longer?

Okay, it's been three and a half months since the last game ended. Can we hold a funeral service for this forum now or should we wait a bit longer?
It's been longer times between games in the past.
But yeah, things have been really slow since around 2018. The problem to a large degree is a lack of players. That and a lack of constant activity. Back in the day there were lites constantly to keep people around, and thre also was a lot of other, forum games.
When those left for elsewhere, lites ground to a halt due to lack of players, people overall got older and with less time, and we just don't really get any new players anymore due to being at the bottom of a big focum list, and not even a top level focum, but under Online RPGs. Had OT forum games been top level things might have been different, but likeyl would ahve seen a decline anyway. Even OT has declined and doesn't really get much new meat anymore. That just still has a critical mass to keep people around.

Saving up my good game ideas for the 20 year anniversary
I'm honestly not sure there'll be any games going at that time at this rate.

Now, taht isn't to say that we can't get things back on track. Just takes somebody hosting a game. The problem is that, hosting. It takes time, and peope might not have that anymore.

Now, taht isn't to say that we can't get things back on track. Just takes somebody hosting a game. The problem is that, hosting. It takes time, and peope might not have that anymore.
I read the last ‘light’ werewolf game, and the first 15 pages of “Werewolf CCLIX: The City of Wine and Song,” and I can imagine that hosting a “big” game would require a lot of work!

I also noticed that y’all know each other’s playstyles, as both villagers and wolves, quite well. That’d make it more challenging for beginners to join.

Despite the disadvantaged position I’d be in, I’d join a game if there were one. Looks fun! Doubt I’d last long, though. ;)

That’d make it more challenging for beginners to join.
Not necessarily.
People generally are lenient towards new players and it's considered bad form to take them out early.

Also, not sure people know each others playstylds as such. There'll be some stuff that you can tell might be off from how somebody acts, but that's not exactly the same as knowing full playstules. And it's not valid for all players, or all situations.

Like, I've been "spotted" aa wolf and strung up when I was seer...

Reactions:
I kinda doubt we'll get games going again, at least more than just one or two at a time, as the player base has mostly vanished and people just also don't have the time anymore.

But would be fun to play again.

Also, GMing isn't THAT much work. Not even for a big.
If you're an active olayer you're likely spending more time as a player than as GM. The problem is that as a player you can miss deadline. As a GM not so much. So you need to be able to say you can spend an hour at the same time every day for a month, which can be hard to do for many people these days.

Reactions:
Also, GMing isn't THAT much work. Not even for a big.
If you're an active olayer you're likely spending more time as a player than as GM. The problem is that as a player you can miss deadline. As a GM not so much. So you need to be able to say you can spend an hour at the same time every day for a month, which can be hard to do for many people these days.
Would it become more possible if the work were divided up between two people? What kind of wiggle-room is there in how the game is played? Is there anything that could be changed to make it easier for someone to host?

If I could help, I would. (Though tallying the votes when there have been multiple shifts would be a nightmare for me!) o_O :eek: :D

Would it become more possible if the work were divided up between two people?
Not sure that'd make it much easier.
When there's been a co GM then jts been for stuff like RP updates.

Is there anything that could be changed to make it easier for someone to host?
not really

If I could help, I would. (Though tallying the votes when there have been multiple shifts would be a nightmare for me!) o_O :eek: :D
Vote counting isn't that bad.
Basically uoi count them as you go. Like, ideally you count them during the day, as you read the thread.

Reactions: