• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AVN said:
Taiisatai64 said:
AVN said:
Hi,

It looks like you will be lynched tonight. And IMO that's a pity, because I believe you are a goodie just as I am.
Are you in contact with others or do you have other useful information for the village you like to share in private ?
Because even if you are lynched in an unreasonable way I still hope you will help the village as much as possible to win.

Regards,

AVN

Care to explain this PM before I publicize it? I'm not sure what to make of it, myself.

Just what it said. I think you are a goodie just as I am.
And if you had any information I hoped you would share it with me.
It's a tactic I use quite often in my games. Just getting in contact with others to share information with each other and in this way helping the village.
Of course you can publish the PM and create all sorts of suspicions against me.
There is nothing I can do against that, but note that if you publish the PM in that way you wilfully help lynching a villager.

Thoughts...?

It seems like the randy I know and am willing to trust is back. Perhaps it was really just different gameplay and not cover

Unvote randy

Vote Nautilu

Thoughts...?

I'm normally not too suspicious of people sending PMs and asking for information, unless they seem to insistent they are a villager.

The parts of the PM that get my attention is the part where AVN states that "you are a good just like [he is]" and then later when he is saying that publishing the PM will automatically create suspicions and get him lynched. That's basically seems like him acknowledging that the PM was suspicious and then tried to get you to keep it secret.

Neither of you should be blue. Blue is reserved for goodie scanners. Gigau is just new.

@ Randy, can you post the PMs please? We don't have much to go on with Xeno, so anything helps.

Let me dig a bit .. most of it has disappeared into the archives. Except for this - which happened after I went after Xeno in the thread for putting another 2-word post voting Jacob in the thread.

Timestamp on the original post I'm replying to is: 03-07-2012 23:32

randakar said:
XenomorphII said:
Here are some reasons for you randy, I don't want to post this in the thread just yet.

Yar is the reason. Also look at some of the people who piled on me yesterday for "not giving reasons" or "meta-gaming". One of them (Boris) has already voted someone without giving the slightest reason why he did, and instead indicating he would rather me or jacob be lynched today. A few of them also shifted from E_L, who managed to fall from the running pretty abruptly yesterday.

My favorites for bad right now are: J_L because yar (and he has been flying low because of it), HDK (outright says he is protecting AVN, then goes and makes a tie later which involves him, plus he is just putting off a shifty person vibe), and Boris (see above).

I hope that today I will irritate several of these people some more, and get them to do something stupid. Besides its not like I have an important role or anything, so might as well have fun. The voting should prove useful to the village later.

So it's deliberate, then?
Hmn.

I must say, I haven't been doing terribly great at spotting wolves this game. (read: miserably bad, even). Maybe you are in fact innocent, and right about these suspects.
I hate going after people who analyse. There's a reason I was voting you, and nautilu - people who post 2 word vote posts without text are the bane of werewolf. If I must lose, I shall lose to walls of text, not someone who displays the same mental capacity and clarity of reasoning as a random spambot.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and shift my vote to someone who has a better case against him than you. Annoying as that may be. Typical. Try to keep a low profile, and I still affect the game way too much for me to not get noticed.

I'll have to look in the archive for the rest.

I have a sudden desire to lynch tamius, telesein, Xeno and J. Pass.

Looking back at the voting charts and just remembering the game, they are very much staying under the radar.

Well, Xeno less so than the others. Tamius, in particular, gets my attention, because he's normally doing something that stands out.

Last edited:
Haven't found any Xeno stuff yet - not sure if there is any - but I did find this:

Archive said:
sedracus said:
================================================================================
To : randakar
Date : 2012-07-03 11:50
Title : Re: WW Big
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
randakar said:
Heya Sedracus,

Just a minor thing of note: You seem to be very active this game. I
like that, but please be careful. Being too active can easily be
misconstrued as having an important role, and therefore, a good hunt
target.
If that is your intention, carry on :p
Quite right! It would just be wrong to all of a sudden tone down my
activity after such a heavy move first day. That would suggest
me having an important role.

Carrying on :p

Or I could be intentionally profiling myself as a possible J-L
spokesperson to the right persons, whoever they may be.
Because, active people tend to get scanned more.

It depends, I suppose, on whether people believe my claim of having
one eye closed at night ;) Both packs are probably waiting for the
other pack to hunt me. Which suits me, since, in the meanwhile, I
don't get hunted ;)

On the contrary, you haven't been too active this game, I've noticed -
people who tend to be active, suddenly not being active, also can
easily be misconstrued as having an important role, and therefore, a
good hunt target - so, please be careful.
However, if that is your intention, carry on :p

================================================================================
To : randakar
Date : 2012-07-03 15:01
Title : Re: WW Big
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
randakar said:
Sedracus said:
randakar said:
Heya Sedracus,

Just a minor thing of note: You seem to be very active this game. I
like that, but please be careful. Being too active can easily be
misconstrued as having an important role, and therefore, a good hunt
target.
If that is your intention, carry on :p
Quite right! It would just be wrong to all of a sudden tone down my
activity after such a heavy move first day. That would suggest
me having an important role.

Carrying on :p

Or I could be intentionally profiling myself as a possible J-L
spokesperson to the right persons, whoever they may be.
Because, active people tend to get scanned more.

It depends, I suppose, on whether people believe my claim of having
one eye closed at night ;)

To be blunt: I don't.
The timing of you saying that doesn't fit. If you really had that
trait, why not mention it sooner, when you weren't under threat of
lynching?
Not that it matters. I have no interest in killing off potentially
important roles. Unless it's wolves, of course :p
Timing is essential - I prefer to save facts like that to save me from
a lynching. When I die (or the game ends), and it becomes known that I
really have the trait, it will lend some credence to future
claims of mine.
Randakar said:
Sedracus said:
Both packs are probably waiting for the other pack to
hunt me. Which suits me, since, in the meanwhile, I don't get hunted
;)

On the contrary, you haven't been too active this game, I've noticed -
people who tend to be active, suddenly not being active, also can
easily be misconstrued as having an important role, and therefore, a
good hunt target - so, please be careful.
However, if that is your intention, carry on :p

I've told people in advance, before role distribution even started,
that I intended to lie low this game. Which is exactly what I'm doing.
Also, it suits my mood, because I'm feeling lazy. And my role isn't
important enough to force me to be very actively analysing anyway ..
(Plain old villager for the first time in at least a dozen games. I
like it. Gives me a chance to relax a bit :p)

At any rate - I hope you will do well this game. And I sincerely mean
that. Even if you happen to be evil with a capital
E.
Thanks! The feeling's mutual, by the way.

It's been said often before, but Villager is what you make of it. I'm
making something out of it ;)

Thanks! Chances are, I'll see you Saturday - it doesn't look like the
weapon making session is going to be this saturday after all. I'll
know for sure tomorrow.

edit: Nope.
Funny. Thought there was more to that conversation than there actually was.
Oh well.

Last edited:
Wow, randy, you actually went through the trouble of translating that :)

Hmm, now how do I make half a cookie?

Vote tamius

Partially because he's really under the radar this game, and partially because he hasn't voted for any of the IRA wolves yet.

Based on how quickly randy and Nautilu were run up, I'm not sure if either of them are IRA wolves.

It seems that regardless of what you do you're suspicious.

Talking about seers... i was changing the_hdk's colour in my update of the summary in post #846. And realised something : we only had one seer, right ?

we did, actually. :p

Yep. Nothing about that PM is translated.
Don't ask why I choose english in circumstances like this. Didn't really think about it, I suppose :p

If I die, I'll sub, ok? :p

Didn't react at this earlier : the smiley looks like
1/ a joke because he is a villager, feels the noose is close and says he'll sub back in to help GM
2/ an inside-joke with the GM as he can't sub back in because he is a wolf

Guts tell me it's the option 2... my vote stands.

Jesus Christ, grow a pair you sissies.

Unvote tamius
Vote Taiisatai

Smeels wolf scent...

.. but why did you shoot Johho then? Just because you felt like it, or what?

There was ample informations about Johho's suspicious activities. Was i 100% certain of his guilt ? no... but i was certain enough to accept being lynched if i was wrong.

Unless there is another seer, yes.

Yeah, that's what i figured. As Seer has given out Commies, i slightly hoped there was an IRA-specific one. Given how efficient the other roles were (GA and doctor apparently not helping the JL spokesman, Seer giving out two wolves but not having much of a JL,...), either the remaining Seer is not much different, or we don't have a second one to help out.

Didn't react at this earlier : the smiley looks like
1/ a joke because he is a villager, feels the noose is close and says he'll sub back in to help GM
2/ an inside-joke with the GM as he can't sub back in because he is a wolf

Guts tell me it's the option 2... my vote stands.

And you are the one complaining about how you look suspicious no matter *what* you do?
If you're wondering why that is, start looking at yourself..

Smeels wolf scent...

Sorry to inform you, but that's just your socks you're smelling :p
edit: never mind, you're talking about esemesas here. Carry on :p
(Note my remarks about esemesas on day 1, though ..)

There was ample informations about Johho's suspicious activities. Was i 100% certain of his guilt ? no... but i was certain enough to accept being lynched if i was wrong.

Well, it's on your own head if you're wrong.
Of course, never mind that if you're an IRA wolf. That would in fact explain a lot :p

Yeah, that's what i figured. As Seer has given out Commies, i slightly hoped there was an IRA-specific one. Given how efficient the other roles were (GA and doctor apparently not helping the JL spokesman, Seer giving out two wolves but not having much of a JL,...), either the remaining Seer is not much different, or we don't have a second one to help out.

Did Boris's death update mention how he was supposedly a commie-specific seer? No?
Then you do the math :p