• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was fun, although my early death was annoying. I got distracted by real life. I was planning on using the alderman, but... bad luck.

I'd definitely play again, although I'm mostly occupied by real life stuff until August.

... traumatic memories returning from my 2nd or 3rd ever game where I revealed myself and chieron as wolves due to panzer's fake Stockholm pact offer...

I had forgotten about that. That was glorious.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
wallpapersden.com_genshin-impact_2048x1152.jpg

Werewolf CCLIX: The City of Wine and Song

Welcome to Teyvat, the beautiful world filled with wonders and dangers. The Seven Nations, each ruled by their own Archon of a special element, abide in relative peace and prosperity. In Mondstadt, known as the City of Freedom or the City of Wine and Song, people are devoted to the anemo (air/wind) archon, Barbados, a gentle archon who does not interfere in the ways of his people but lets them live as freely as they wish. Under the protection of the Knights of Favonius, the land of Mondstadt has flourished for many generations. However, the departure of many of the Knights, including Grand Master Varka, on a grand expedition of indefinite length, has left a dangerous void in the City, as the Knights now are lacking in manpower to fully deal with outside threats. To make matters worse, in the Grand Master's absence, the Fatui, a manipulative diplomatic organisation from Snezhnaya, the land of ice, have tried to exert their influence over the city in its vulnerable state. This, coupled with the new threat of Stormterror and the increase of hilichurl attacks orchestrated by the Abyss Order, presents a grave situation for the city. Will the citizens of Mondstadt be able to preserve their freedom and way of life in the days to come?

Just remember: wherever you go, whatever life throws at you... In Teyvat, the stars in the sky will always have a place for you.

Come join!

too busy having a Joe Pesci moment from Lethal Weapon to calculate it.
Is that a way to say you were hungover?

m still not sure if a shot for wolves really balances things out with protectors.
Youre forgetting the extra starting baddie which is by far the strongest boon the baddies had balance wise.
Having two protectors and then giving the wolves a gun seemed a good way to counteract the extra baddie.

Yakman was dead on with his analysis on the Wagon 1.0 hunt. People ought to listen to Yakman more when he's making a serious point.
Yakman died rhe night I was hunted. Or do you mean something he posted that day? If so rhen I forgot, and he'd have revealed himself if he said I'd been hunted...
still in a bit of awe over Dedonus's read, clearly a man you don't play poker with.
Hey, I got it too. :p

Depends on a lot of factors. It isn't always the case but to say more reveals too much and I'm way too Asian to be comfortable with that :cool:
It was a question for randy, our local fetishist. Or are you saying you're in the scene too?

Too Asian? No idea what that stereotype refers to.
get that an ironman JL is no fun but I tend to compensate by giving baddies more killing power and other tools like SA.
It's not so much about having the crapshoot and ruining history as it's about the paranoia. About not pulling every single double scan into a mega JL immediately. A JL should be strictly need tk know and a few people. If there's no curse then you risk up it being like lites where sometimes you have 5 man JLs if the game runs to the wire and the goodies are lucky. 5 man out of 17 starting players. For a 30 man big that's be like a 10 man JL. Imagine what that'd do to the game?

By having curses, even if they're never hit, you'll prevent the major goodies from just inviting any old double scan.

This is first and foremost a game of paranoia. Remove rhe paranoia and you've removed a crucial game element.
Yes, being turned into a losing pack sucks, but so does getting hunted the day before victory. Sometimes it just isn't your game.

found each other on a site devoted to the most kinky stuff imaginable.
Asexuals can be quite kinky. Nothing new there. Anyway, I have a hard time imagining it'd be the most kinky stuff imaginable, as there's some reallt beyond the Pale stuff out there, and I doubt you'd want that kind of stuff on your server.

Discord server seems to have been self-selecting a lot of socially active semi-nerdy women. For some reason.
Not really for no reason, lost likely. Well, perhaps there's a fetish reason, but my bet would be that the server is owned or at least run by mostly women and that there's absolutely zero tolerance for creeps, etc.
That tend to keep bringing in women and making them stay/remain active. I'm in a few servers like that myself so I've seen how it's a positive feedback loop.
Or are you saying the server is almost solely women? If so then that is peculiar.

That was the day sleepy decided to shoot wagonlitz, I believe.
Any idea why I was shot?

I had forgotten about that. That was glorious.
Have you ever seen any Hax shenanigans?

Is that a way to say you were hungover?

No, it was reference to being angry when they don't get your order right in the drive thru. It was dinner time around the same time I posted and was irritated I had to drive back. There is a scene in Lethal Weapon 2 where Joe Pesci's character complains about the drive thru.
Youre forgetting the extra starting baddie which is by far the strongest boon the baddies had balance wise.
Having two protectors and then giving the wolves a gun seemed a good way to counteract the extra baddie.

I'm not forgetting, I just don't know enough about game setup to comment whether it was balanced or not.
Yakman died rhe night I was hunted. Or do you mean something he posted that day? If so rhen I forgot, and he'd have revealed himself if he said I'd been hunted...
Hey, I got it too. :p

Something he posted in wolves' chat after the night 0 hunt. He reasoned that you were either blessed or protected and could not be the guardian angel. Yakman's logic was on point.

Have you ever seen any Hax shenanigans?

I've played a game or two with them, but I don't recall anything specific.

Asexuals can be quite kinky. Nothing new there. Anyway, I have a hard time imagining it'd be the most kinky stuff imaginable, as there's some reallt beyond the Pale stuff out there, and I doubt you'd want that kind of stuff on your server.

And some of us can be quite boring. But yeah, based on some of the other ace people I've met, some of them have some interesting tastes.

You had told Panzer you had a gun?
Fortunately, Panzer got lynched Day 1, so he couldn't tell anyone about or or manipulate me into using it on someone. However, since it turned out I was cursed, it wouldn't have been a bad thing for Panzer to tell the wolves to hunt me.

But this is definitely something I'll keep in mind in the future. I was just trying to be honest to the "priest," and I just got lucky this phishing attempt went nowhere.

Damn, should have hunted Dedonus instead of maw last night ;)
Why would you want to rob me of my victory!
Dedonus, Randy, and Maw played a brilliant game.
Thank you for the kind words. :)

I don't think if I was alive at the end, I would have pegged Randy as the turned villager either. I'm still in a bit of awe over Dedonus's read, clearly a man you don't play poker with.
Good thing this game doesn't require a poker face. lol

I was helped out by some meta-gamey analysis. With 5 players left, I knew:

I wasn't a baddie.
Through metagamey analysis, I thought Ironhide was a villager (I was trusting in MAW for this one).
Through metagamey analysis, I thought Caillean was a villager (on the day she missed the vote, there was only one wolf left - sleepy was confirmed a cultist at that point, and since she wasn't online to set set a hunt, she couldn't be the wolf). Also supported by sleepyhead, aedan, and the_hdk all voting for her when both aedan and the_hdk were run up, too.

That just left Randy and Arkasas. And after looking at the vote record, combined with what roles were claimed to MAW, I just thought Randy was the more likely option.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It was a question for randy, our local fetishist. Or are you saying you're in the scene too?

I'd say he is saying that.

It's not so much about having the crapshoot and ruining history as it's about the paranoia. About not pulling every single double scan into a mega JL immediately. A JL should be strictly need tk know and a few people. If there's no curse then you risk up it being like lites where sometimes you have 5 man JLs if the game runs to the wire and the goodies are lucky. 5 man out of 17 starting players. For a 30 man big that's be like a 10 man JL. Imagine what that'd do to the game?

Two things there.
1) I do tend to simply invite 'any old double scan'. Usually, it works out. Paranoia also does damage to your JL, and on balance simply ignoring curses tends to work.
2) JL's tend to get that big mostly because of role claims. If a hunter, a doc, a GA, a seer, and/or a priest show up they are usually believed. So you get 5 people pretty quickly, if all of those are still among the living. In many games, there is more than that.

So limiting the number of protectors is there for more than just not getting unkillable spokespeople. I want to limit the number of role claims in general. Any game I host will have a lot of untraited villagers.

I was exaggerating a bit. but FetLife is huge...

Not really for no reason, lost likely. Well, perhaps there's a fetish reason, but my bet would be that the server is owned or at least run by mostly women and that there's absolutely zero tolerance for creeps, etc.

I started that server, actually. Generally you are correct though.

Or are you saying the server is almost solely women? If so then that is peculiar.

No, there's a fair number of men in there. It's just not the majority.

Any idea why I was shot?

Sleepyhead didn't want to lose his shot and was afraid he might get outed. Simple, really.

metagamey analysis, I thought Caillean was a villager (on the day she missed the vote, there was only one wolf left - sleepy was confirmed a cultist at that point, and since she wasn't online to set set a hunt, she couldn't be the wolf)
This argument should not have worked. I always set a standing order for cases like this, and encourage her to do the same.

This argument should not have worked. I always set a standing order for cases like this, and encourage her to do the same.
I can't remember if I mentioned it in my analysis from the last day, but I actually was taking the possibility of a standing order into account. In my head, my argument wasn't just that Caillean couldn't be a wolf because she wasn't online to set the hunt, but rather the hunt hit the PJL spokesman and obvious target (MAW), and on a list of 4 names (because a wolf isn't going to hunt themselves, lol), any name would have a 25% chance being the fist name (and therefore the hunt target, although if I did the probability math wrong here, someone please correct me). Therefore, it seemed unlikely (although not impossible) that MAW being hunted was from a standing order. Since it was unlikely for the hunt to be from a standing order, and because Sleepyhead could not set the hunt due to his cultist role, and because Caillean was not online and therefore could not set the hunt, I thought it was evidence that she was not the cursed villager.

Then I combined the above with the pre-outing Day 5 vote record, where Caillean had 3 baddies on her, and was tied with two baddies.

And some of us can be quite boring. But yeah, based on some of the other ace people I've met, some of them have some interesting tastes.
Never would have taken you for being ace.

JL's tend to get that big mostly because of role claims. If a hunter, a doc, a GA, a seer, and/or a priest show up they are usually believed. So you get 5 people pretty quickly, if all of those are still among the living. In many games, there is more than that.
The 5 man was for lites.
A big would have like a 10 man JL in these cases. Which I think we can agree is bad...
but FetLife is huge...
I wasn't talking about the size if sites, but rather about how some stuff is really out there.

Wasn't meant in any kind of bad way.
Sorry if it came across bad.

It's just that you're in a long term relationship and about to be married.
That's unusual for aces in my experience.
Hence why I was surprised you were one.

Wasn't meant in any kind of bad way.
Sorry if it came across bad.

It's just that you're in a long term relationship and about to be married.
That's unusual for aces in my experience.
Hence why I was surprised you were one.

Nah, you're good. Yeah, many ace people end up also being aromantic or at least "not really fussed one way or the other romantic". Though most of the ace people I know are actually engaged or in a long term relationship so I guess it doesn't strike me as odd. I have told DNFC though that if we ever break up I'll probably just happily be a single person raising a few adopted kids.

I can't remember if I mentioned it in my analysis from the last day, but I actually was taking the possibility of a standing order into account. In my head, my argument wasn't just that Caillean couldn't be a wolf because she wasn't online to set the hunt, but rather the hunt hit the PJL spokesman and obvious target (MAW), and on a list of 4 names (because a wolf isn't going to hunt themselves, lol), any name would have a 25% chance being the fist name (and therefore the hunt target, although if I did the probability math wrong here, someone please correct me). Therefore, it seemed unlikely (although not impossible) that MAW being hunted was from a standing order. Since it was unlikely for the hunt to be from a standing order, and because Sleepyhead could not set the hunt due to his cultist role, and because Caillean was not online and therefore could not set the hunt, I thought it was evidence that she was not the cursed villager.

Then I combined the above with the pre-outing Day 5 vote record, where Caillean had 3 baddies on her, and was tied with two baddies.
The hunt order on Maw happened way before he started being all spokesperson-y though so that random chance wasn't so random

I wasn't talking about the size if sites, but rather about how some stuff is really out there.

Fair. But it honestly hasn't come up.

The 5 man was for lites.
A big would have like a 10 man JL in these cases. Which I think we can agree is bad...

Still,.the main issue there isn't double scans, it tends to be role claims. Usually it takes a few days for the seer and priest to find each other, and odds are pretty good the two scan lists don't line up very well, if at all.

Usually the problem of 10-man JL's is mostly down to role claims, in my experience.

Usually it takes a few days for the seer and priest to find each other, and odds are pretty good the two scan lists don't line up very well, if at all.
Say priest and seer team up on day 3. They each have 4 scans.
If they haven't been unlucky and got their scans killed, then they can start immediately double scanning two man per night by using the others lost. That means you super fast can get a huge JL. Role claims then only makes it faster.

That's the theory, yes. Boring games that way.
Curses don't really fix it.

That's the theory, yes. Boring games that way.
Curses don't really fix it.
Except they do.
With the risk of coursed seer and priest wouldn't invite more than one, perhaps two, scans and the rest would be on a list known to the JL, but not contacted.
And quite likely anybody contacted wouldn't necessarily get the list, and certainly wouldn't gt the name of both seer and priest.

Without curses there's no reason not to invite everyone single double scan and share everything with them.