• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll properly need help scripting events and stuff at some point, but until the map is done it is not really that pressing. Of course ideas for events and stuff like that is always needed. And someone with more skill in graphical design than me, since a lot of flags will properly need to be designed from scratch. Not to mention the texture issue... :(

darktalon said:
Looking good so far. :) Any plans to make this work with Vae Victis? The enhanced political system we've been promised would go nicely with the Exalted setting, I think.
Yes I will adjust it to VV. There is still a long way to go though. The first public beta of my mod will properly be working with VV.

I've finished redrawing the eastern borders following the release of the compass of terrestrial directions: the east. I've also added traits for exalted aspect and caste, and made the blueprint for the events series ruling dragon-blooded exaltation. The most pressing issue atm. is adjusting the positions of units, cities and province names. Which is simply trial and error and very time consuming. Since provinces have no harbor if it isn't defined in province.txt the game really isn't playable until I've adjusted the positions.

A major obstacle I hope VV solves is the gender issue. The default gender settings of Rome only really matches the western part of creation in the Exalted setting. However this is really outside the scope of modding unless Paradox decides to open the door for modding in female rulers and commanders.

To open the door a little to the mod design I've been giving population numbers and spread a lot of thought. Even though the books gives population numbers on a lot of cities using these presents a lot of problems. First of it has become quite obvious that White Wolf havn't thought about these population figures on a global scale, since it leaves the Blessed Isle with a lower population than even the West. It seems that they at times count the countryside population as a part of the city population and at times only counts the city population. The second issue is that the populations of some places in Creation is practically huge compared the the population in Rome. This will lead to huge army stacks and perhaps other more severe issues. The final problem is what to count as valid population. Is it only humans? Or does ghosts count as well? And what about zombies?

All of this has led me to a simply conclusion: What matters is the balance between the countries not the exact population figures. Fortunately White Wolf has given me a good tool to compare the balance of power. Their mandate of heaven system assigns a magnitude rating to each country, which reflects how powerful the country is. And while magnitude doesn't equal population plus territory, it is the best way to determine how powerful White Wolf intents a given country to be. In rome population more or less equals power. Therefor I will assign population to countries based on their magnitude.

The issue of population spread is actually what opened my eyes to the potential of using the mandate of heaven system as the base. Mandate of Heaven assigns a military, a government and a cultural value to each country. In game terms this would roughly equate soldier, money and research in my eyes. Thus I'm using the military, government, culture spread to adjust the freemen, slaves, citizen spread. I know this assigns slaves to countries where slavery is forbidden, but in Rome a country without slaves wouldn't have any income. I will perhaps rename the pop categories to match the mandate of heaven at some point, but I havn't really thought about the implications of doing so.

That as about all for today. Again I'm glad of the interest you guys are showing this mod. :) And no screenies this time around since my main computer isn't working properly (nvidia driver are crashing all the time). :(

Sute]{h said:
A major obstacle I hope VV solves is the gender issue. The default gender settings of Rome only really matches the western part of creation in the Exalted setting. However this is really outside the scope of modding unless Paradox decides to open the door for modding in female rulers and commanders.

Now what do we have here...

Code:
title_general = {
	allow = {
		is_female = no
		age = 18
		in_command = no
		is_governor = no
		has_tech_office = no
		OR = {
			country = { government = monarchy }
			country = { government = tribal }
			is_ruler = yes
			has_title = title_ex_general
			has_title = title_ex_ruler
			has_title = title_pro_ruler
			has_title = title_ex_civic_tech
			has_title = title_pro_civic_tech
			has_title = title_ex_censor
		}
	}
	lose_trigger = {
		is_general = no
		prisoner = yes
	}
	gain_effect = {
		loyalty = 20
		family_prestige = 1
	}
	dismissal_trigger = {
		NOT = { title_general = full_term }
	}
	dismissal_effect = {
		loyalty = -30
		family_prestige = -1
		give_title = title_ex_general
	}
	lose_effect = {
		give_title = title_ex_general
	}
	monthly_character_wealth = 0.5
	prominence = 30
	monthly_character_prominence = 0.25
	military_conviction = 10
	monthly_military_conviction = 1
}

In titles.txt, so you can mod away to your hearts content.

This is great King. :cool: Thanks for the feedback.

I can't wait to try out VV... but I properly have to since my computer is broken. :(

It has been long overdue for a status update. First of I've finished adjusting the mod to VV. Sort of anyways. It runs as fine on VV as it did on Rome, which means that since I havn't cleared out the vanilla stuff it still isn't stable or anything like that. But it can usually run for quite a while before crashing. So from now on VV is the platform I'm building this thing on.

Secondly I've started the very slow proces of adjusting the positions.txt file. As of today the Blessed Isle is almost complete. And this is where you guys come in. Since the details I need now is provinces and city names. I've done my best to locate canon names in the setting, but none the less I have a lot of gaps. So what I hope someone will provide is data to fill out the holes. I know this board properly isn't filled to the edge with Exalted geeks (like me), but that doesn't really matter. I just need names to fill the gaps. Of course canon names would be better, but any name will do.

The red provinces lack both a province and a city name.
The yellow provinces only needs a city name.
The green provinces have both.

To submit a name please write something like this, so I know know which province you are submitting a name for, and if your source is canon or not:

Province: 89
Province name: Scarlet Prefecture
City name: Imperial City
Source: CoCD: The Blessed Isle p. 130