• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You Shuold Vive L' France Russia

hope you enjoy playing whack-a-rebel;)

AHH! What's up with this "exceeded bandwith"? I'm not computer literate enough to engineer a workaround, do any folks have any advice what I can do that doesn't involve me paying money?

PS: If these are slightly shady, there is no need to publicly communicate the information *wink* *wink*

AHH! What's up with this "exceeded bandwith"? I'm not computer literate enough to engineer a workaround, do any folks have any advice what I can do that doesn't involve me paying money?

PS: If these are slightly shady, there is no need to publicly communicate the information *wink* *wink*

I've never had such issues using Imageshack.

badger_ken, Tomsz: The French thank you :cool:

ComradeOm: If you aren't part of the glorious French Empire, then you will most certainly get Vive la Franced!!! sooner rather than later.

bluescreen08, Dearnen, Mico94: And watch the rebels get Vive la Franced!!!

Kolprock: The French never give up! Never...

Projekt 919: Patience young Padawan

And thanks for the suggestions for other hosting sites. Looks like Photoshop measures bandwidth usage every month so it might be a few weeks before the old pics come back.

--------

So where were we? Oh yeah, China got Vive la Franced!!!

January 1850

franceaarr61.png

Rebels, of course, are still annoying. But look at that jump in finances! From roughly £350/day to over £4500/day! Good times :D AS for the "revolt" factor, I included my pre-annex revolt risks and consciousness figures up as a comparison.

• Revolt risk went from 5.50 to 7.73: Ugh.
  • Consciousness went from 8.99 to 1.34. Apparently the Chinese were at comatose levels :p In any event, if consciousness is worse long term than militancy, I don't suspect the Chinese will give me problems once the annoying Liberal Revolution ends.

franceaar62.jpg

A little closer look at French finances. The screenshot is self-explanatory. Though, now that I'm looking at it, I suppose 100% administrative funding when I'm already at 100% isn't exactly optimal...but who needed to be optimal after Vive la Francing!!! China :rofl:

franceaar63.jpg

And Here is a snapshot of all the glorious French POPs. 1.5% soldiers is not nearly enough! 28.5% Jingoism is acceptable but I've noticed this number drops through the 19th Century and can make wars of conquest, err, liberation difficult later on so do your warring early!

franceaar64.jpg

A closer look at some of our new French subjects living in China. If you note in this screenshot and the previous one, our soldiers are well cared for, getting all of their needs. I'm guessing this is because of my slider setting. It's good to be a French soldier!

franceaar65.jpg

Rails are immediately laid in profitable Chinese provinces...and there are a lot of them! 475!?! LOL, I consider 40+ provinces in France to be moneymakers :D

franceaar66.jpg

WOW £1000+ for gold! With the financial windfall gained from the Chinese annexation, the French are, as you can see, building a massive army :) Of course, I lost so many units to desertion it will be awhile before we reach pre-invasion numbers but soon French soldiers will be Vive la Francing!!! all over the world.

franceaar67.jpg

Revolt risk down to 0.51! I don;t exactly remember if the Liberal Revolution ending event happened, but I'm not arguing nor do I care :rofl: The Chinese adore their new French overlords :cool:

franceaar68.jpg

Laying more rails in China. Building armies and lots of railroads is expensive btw...look at my income that was £4500/day!

franceaar69.jpg

December 1852
Two years after annexing China. I've done nothing besides build rails and raise armies. And I raised a lot! France has almost 400 brigades and, as you can see by the beautiful army construction box, I'm building a lot more :D I haven't attacked anyone else. My initial worry was that the Russians would launch a war of containment or I'd have to deal with a horde of Chinese rebels so I played very conservatively and didn't rock the boat. By the way, every army being recited has been drawn from China. AS I said in the beginning, a world conqueror has got to get their soldiers from somewhere...

franceaar70.jpg

Looks like the British can't handle their rebels. Good, I don't want them DOWing me again and just by having Scotland makes it that much easier to annex their ass later.

franceaar71.jpg

Russia and the UK have a few more factories than me, but I've got a few more brigades :D

franceaar72.jpg

Province income. Yeah, annexing China was a good idea :cool:

franceaar73.jpg

Factories. Don't be fooled by the artillery and food; the only reason they are in demand is because of my ridiculous army building spree. Lot's of times food loses money per day though I noticed artillery isn't bad. Of course, when embarking on a ridiculous army building spree, it's not bad to have armament industries... Steel, of course, is a nice money maker. Paper and wine are also good as you can see.

franceaar74.jpg

We're infamous :rofl:

franceaar75.jpg

January 1854. Four years after annexing China, it's time to start Vive la Francing!!! and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum :rofl: Bonus points if you get the reference.

Actually our campaign began a few month earlier, I forgot about our glorious Kokand campaign:

21 July 1853: Vive la France!!! Kokand is annexed

Bukharan mountains and snow kills more troops than Bukharan troops. The French, however, remain undaunted:

19 April 1854: Vive la France!!! Bukhara is annexed .

You're next Afghanistan!

2 August 1855: Vive la France!!! Afghanistan is annexed

Kalat, you're in the way...

4 July 1855: Vive la France!!! Kalat is annexed

Apparently my troops ran into Rambo in Afghanistan since we actually annexed Kalat first.

franceaar76.jpg

7 July 1855

Up Next: I have to decide whether to Vive la France!!! Khiva or go somewhere else. It is in the Russian SOI...

Last edited:
Nice to see Vive la Francing continues :D

Apparently my troops ran into Rambo in Afghanistan since we actually annexed Kalat first.

:rofl:

I'd say knock out Japan next. Better to get them while they're still an unciv eh?

You should probably take out as much of India as you can before the British learn how to mobilize. I waited too long in my game and they had 3000 brigades in India.

Hilarious!
I only know that from Fallout 2 though :D

It's from Duke Nukem.

anyway, take tibet and punjub!!! I want the borders to be uniform!

Tomsz: Thanks! Yes, we've got to annex Japan before it gets civilized!

gigau: And it shall continue :)

thatguy: Yes, that will save me a lot of issues.

x260bm: India is going to be a tough one...

sprites: Apparently photobucket checks its bandwidth once a month so...

Kolprock: Thanks! Did not know about Fallout 2 but it wasn't first reference.

Supeerme: Yep! Duke Nukem. God I feel old. Give yourself a cookie. I totally agree Tibet is ruining the aesthetics of my borders.

------

franceaar77.jpg

I've noticed I started researching stuff quicker. Maybe it's my imagination but I though absorbing illiterate Chinese peasants would hinder my research if anything. It must be that the huge amount of priests I annexed are granting a lot of research points. I don;t really know but I'm not complaining! Also that plurality is waaaaaaaaaaaaay higher than anything I've ever seen playing Russia.

Research is nice, but conquering is so much more fun :D Before the Ottomans get any funny ideas...

2 February 1856: Vive la France!!! Tunis is annexed.

franceaar78.jpg

Remember all that money I was making? We're waaay in the red :eek: I haven't quite got the hang of the finances in this game, but as Shaggy from Scooby Doo would say "Zoinks!" - it would appear that my military spending is crippling my economy. I probably don't need to spend that much since I have more than enough soldiers, but I'm not entirely certain of the repercussions if I cut that spending: I don't know if soldiers will get less money to fulfill their needs, I don't know how many fewer soldiers I'll get (I think I need a lot of them aside from recruiting bc/ their political outlook very much favors what I am trying to do), and, well I really don't have anything better to spend £2 million on.

Nevertheless, losing £800/day is unsettling so just after one of the "banking" technologies...

franceaar79.jpg

BAM! That's a pretty good tech :D

As far as French conquests, I definitely want to get Japan before they get civilized but I decided it would probably be best to pick off those uncivs near India before the grubby Brits get their hands on them. Siam would be particularly annoying to capture if that wench Victoria got any funny ideas so we'll start in SE Asia.

That means you're next Cambodia!

Woops! Imagine my surprise when I went to set up an invasion of Cambodia only to find we already conquered it :rofl: LOL, I don't remember doing that and I have no idea why I wouldn't annex the whole peninsula. Maybe the French armies are so damn good and aggressive they just act on their own :p.

*Checks the history logs*

AHH:

16 July 1852: Vive la France!!! Cambodia is annexed

And it looks like there was a glorious campaign waged against the mighty Luang Prabang Empire that has been neglected by our historians:

27 October 1852: Vive la France!!! Luang Prabang is annexed

*Set Hot Tub Time Machine to Present (1857)*

You're gone Tibet.

2 February 1857: Vive la France!!! Tibet is annexed

While some of my troops arehaving fun climbing mountain, we march to conquer insolent Siam.

Siam, Come on Down!

12 August 1857: Vive la France!!! Siam is annexed

Next let's get rid of this pink blob that is Panjab.

7 November 1857: Vive la France!!! Panjab is annexed

Now for Burma.

AHH!!!

franceaar80.jpg

The Limeys beat me to it :mad: They'll pay for that...

While my armies climb some mountains, let's take a closer look at glorious France:

franceaar81.jpg

Soldiers are signing up left, right, up, and down, to join the invincible French army. Wow, nearly 11%...we had 1.5% just eight years ago when we Vive la Franced!!! China. Apparently the stories I've heard about assimilation are true, we've got 21% French whereas eight years ago, only 8% French. I would argue this is an accurate simulation...who doesn't want to be a cheese eating world conquering Frenchie :D

Our factories:

franceaar82.jpg

franceaar83.jpg

franceaar84.jpg

franceaar85.jpg

franceaar86.jpg

Steamers: Cha-Ching!
Steel: Cha-Ching!
Explosives actually aren't bad.
Fabric starts out as crap but becomes Cha-Ching! Wait to build these.
Look at Fertilizer :confused: I built 1 in case I'd need it for the explosives factory. Now that I'm looking at this, the most efficient approach would have been to build it (or let the stupid capitalists build 1 since they love Fertilizer so much...probably because they have fertilizer for brains...) in a province with other factories I could prioritize.
Wine and Liquor are solid. I don't recall arty being a consistent money winner but that's the second screenshot that have it being quite profitable. Maybe it isn't so bad...

franceaar87.jpg

Ever since the banking technology had us once again rolling in money, France has been putting all those soldier POPs to good use and once again embarked on a mass army building programme. I got access to guards units so I no more regular infantry. I have the militancy highlighted here to allay any worries that the Chinese might revolt against the wonderful French. Jamais! Never! We are beloeved throughout our empire :cool:

Handy tip when building armies. Wikipedia should link "lag" to the "army" screen. Maybe that's not technically lag as I think it's more of an internet thing. Still, it's slow and annoying. Recruit directly from your provinces and avoid that dumb screen.

franceaar89.jpg

One of the nice things about some Chinese provinces is the ready supply of cannon fodder!

I've got to take out all the non-Brit satellites before another Burma happens to me. Japan will have to wait. Line them up:

24 September 1858: Vive la France!!! Makran is annexed

15 December 1858: Vive la France!!! Sindh is annexed

6 June 1859: Vive la France!!! Kutch is annexed

3 September 1859: Vive la France!!! Jahore is annexed

The longest part about annexing these countries is waiting for the sieges to finish. It certainly isn't their armies:

franceaar88.jpg

:rofl:

Happy Valentine's Day Bhutan!

14 February 1860: Vive la France!!! Bhutan is annexed

Now it's time to sic 'em Sikkim

11 March 1860: Vive la France!!! Sikkim is annexed

We grow weary of triangular flags

13 June 1860: Vive la France!!! Nepal is annexed

No, we didn't forget about you, Atjeh. Gesundheit/Bless You/Salute btw.

30 June 1861: Vive la France!!! Atjeh is annexed

Now that that's done, the French are free to pursue other interests. Europe in 1860:

franceaar91.jpg

You're in the way Sardinia-Piedmont!

We couldn't annex them since they are civilized and control more than one state, but we take everything except their capital which makes them annexable in 5 years.

After this little Vive la Francing!!! spree, we're a bit infamous...

franceaar92.jpg

And this AAR just wouldn't be the same if we didn't have one post from me without mentioning these jerkweeds interrupting my conquest of Korea.

franceaar93.jpg

This does not save the Koreans:

24 May 1862: Vive la France!!! Korea is annexed

Or the Algerians:

30 September 1862: Vive la France!!! Algeria is annexed

franceaar95.jpg

Changing governments every 4-5 years is annoying. I suppose I could just let the fertilizer for brain capitalists build their fertilizer factories, but I want to lay down rails in strategic areas ASAP. Since the revolt risk hit isn't too bad, we boot out the anti-militarist laissez fairers.

Since my supply capability went up, I now group my armies in groups of 30,000.

And finally 19 March 1863:

franceaar96.jpg