• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Txini

¡Por qué no te callas!
32 Badges
Apr 23, 2001
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
VIP Spain

here will come a lot of Carlist Wars and the hundred events of Monarch Election :p

The events need some things to change as are old production :p
So make suggestions :p

EDIT: Merged into V.I.P. Iberia... How else is Portugal gonna be dealt with? :)

-GM

Last edited by a moderator:
Carlist Wars: Liberal Side

Event: The Hug of Vergara.
The 31st of August of 1839, The Cristino General Baldomero Espartero and the Carlist General Rafael Maroto signed with a hug a Pact in which the Carlists accepted to surrender and in exchange the Cristinos mantained the Special Laws of Basque Lands and Navarra, also the Carlist official should be able to join the Royal Army.
Trigger: 1839, War still continues.
Effects: A) Peace after all. - the Rebels except the ones in Northern Catalonia lows its militancy.
B) We shall Crush them all. - militancy for Rebels up and also up for Conservatives.

Event: The End of the First Carlist War.
In 1839 finally the Royal Army defeated last Rebels and therefore peace comes back to the Country and the throne.
Trigger: 1836-1840, Liberals control, Bilbao, Pamplona, Morella, Barcelona, Gerona, Lérida.
Effects: Gain Prestige, end of revolts.

Event: Dels Matiners' War.(2nd Carlist War)
The End of the First Carlist War was not enough for the end of hostilities and added to the fact of the bad harvest and the creation of the quintas tax, made that Carlist and Republicans united in the North of Catalonia and made uprisings against the Goverment.
Triggers: Low Cash, Cristino's Victory of First Carlist War, Spain a Constitutional Monarchy and between 1846-1849.
Effects: Rebellions among Reactionaries and Anarcholiberals in North Catalonia.

Event: The end of Dels Matiners' War.
In 1849 the army crushed the last remnants of the rebels and achieved a long peace for the Country.
Triggers: Gerona, Lérida, Barcelona, Tarragona and Tortosa in Goverment hands. 1846-49
Effects: End of Revolts and gain prestige.

Event: The Third Carlist War.
The new regime of the Revolutionary Sexenium wasn't like by the Carlists, that leaded by the Pretender Carlos VII, revolted to restore the Traditions in Spain.
Triggers: 1871-1875. La Gloriosa has been Succesfull.
Effects: A) Defend the Regime - Uprisings among Reactionaries in all Northern Spain, except Galicia, in Huesca and Zaragoza and Eastern Castilian Provinces.
b) For God, Fatherland and Carlos VII - Constitional Changes to Monarchy, Laws by Decree, One Party System, Order, change Political Reforms to Voting Rights - None, Press Right -State Press, Public Meetings - Disallowed and Political Partical - None allowed. Militancy and consciousness up for Liberals and Anarcholiberals.

Event: The End of the Third Carlist War(Alfonso XII).
With the Crowning of Alfonso XII and the Recognizement of this by the Pope and by many Carlists, the last remains of the carlist Army continued fighting but were unable to resist.
Trigger: 1875-1879. Alfonso XII King of Spain(Sagunto's Uprising) or No La Gloriosa.
Effect: Gain Prestige and end rebellion.

Event: The End of the Carlist War(No Alfonso XII).
The Goverment was able to defeat the Carlist rebels after many epic battles.
Trigger: 1875-1885, La Gloriosa, no to Sagunto's Uprising, Goverment controls Pamplona, Bilbao, Barcelona, Madrid, Gerona, Lérida, Huesca, Santander, Zaragoza, Estella.
Effects: Gain Prestige, End Rebellions of Reactionaries.

Carlist Wars: Carlist Side

The Siege of Madrid
During 1837, Don Carlos managed to Siege Madrid, the Court sent him a messenger offering him to become Regent in the name of his Niece, but he decided he was the true King and after a time left the siege.
Trigger: Control Madrid, Still at War, 1836-1845.
Effects: A - I'm the True King! - Lose Prestige, militancy up for anarcholiberals and liberals.
B - Accept it - Prestige up, end of rebellions.

After taking the most important cities, the traitors decide to retire and Carlos V occupies his place as the Only, True and Most Catholic King of Spain.
Trigger: 1836-1845, control Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Toledo and Sevilla.
Effects: Gain prestige end of revolts.

Event: Carlist Defeat in the First Carlist War.
After years fighting for what was legally his possesion, his troops were defeated and his followers have to have Isabel II as Queen, but we will revenge in future.
Trigger: 1836-1845, Rebels control Pamplona, Bilbao, Barcelona, Gerona, Morella, Lérida and Huesca.
Effects: Lose Prestige, Constitution change to Constitutional Monarchy, Her Majesty'd Goverment, Multi-Party System, Political Reforms: Voting Rights - Wealth, Public Meetings - Allowed, Press Rights - Censorship, Political Parties - All Allowed.

Cristine Defeat in the First Carlist War.
After years of War the Liberal Troops are defeated and the peasants claim Don Carlos as their King.
Trigger: Liberals Selected, 1836-1845, Rebels control Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Toledo and Sevilla.
Effects: Lose Prestige, Constitional Changes to Monarchy, Laws by Decree, One Party System, Order, change Political Reforms to Voting Rights - None, Press Right -State Press, Public Meetings - Disallowed and Political Party - None allowed.

Event: The End of the Third Carlist War.
After taking the most important cities, the Liberals and Atheists decide to retire and Carlos VII occupies his place as the Only, True and Most Catholic King of Spain.
Trigger: 1872-1876, control Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Toledo and Sevilla.
Effects: Gain prestige end of revolts.

Event: Carlist Defeat in the Third Carlist War.
After many epics battles the Royal Army has been defeated by the Army of the Savoyard, and Don Carlos fllees to France, so Amadeo I continues as King of Spain.
Trigger: 1872-1878, Rebels control Pamplona, Bilbao, Barcelona, Gerona, Morella, Lérida and Huesca. No Amadeo's Abdication and the Republic.
Effects: Lose Prestige, Constitution change to Constitutional Monarchy, Parliamentarism, Multi-Party System, Political Reforms: Voting Rights - Suffrage, Public Meetings - Allowed, Press Rights - Free Press, Political Parties - All Allowed.

After many epics battles the Royal Army has been defeated by the Atheist Republican Army, our King flees and the Republic rules over Spain.
Trigger: 1873-1878, Rebels control Pamplona, Bilbao, Barcelona, Gerona, Morella, Lérida and Huesca, No Pavía's Coup.
Effects: Lose Prestige, Constitution change to Democracy, Parliamentarism, Multi-Party System, Political Reforms: Voting Rights - Suffrage, Public Meetings - Allowed, Press Rights - Free Press, Political Parties - All Allowed.

After Alfonso XII was crowned and recognized as King by the Pope, we have lost support and their armies have now more morale, we have nothing to do.
Trigger: 1875-1878, Rebels control Pamplona, Bilbao, Barcelona, Gerona, Morella, Lérida and Huesca.
Effects: Lose Prestige, Constitution change to Constitutional Monarchy, Parliamentarism, Two-Party System, Political Reforms: Voting Rights - Landed, Public Meetings - Allowed, Press Rights - Censorship, Political Parties - Right to ban.

Goverment Defeat in the Third Carlist War.
After years of War the Liberal Troops are defeated and the peasants claim Carlos VII as their King.
Trigger: Liberals Selected, 1872-1876, Rebels control Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Toledo and Sevilla.
Effects: Lose Prestige, Constitional Changes to Monarchy, Laws by Decree, One Party System, Order, change Political Reforms to Voting Rights - None, Press Right -State Press, Public Meetings - Disallowed and Political Party - None allowed.

The Sexenium

Event: La Gloriosa.
During last years of the Reign of Isabel II, Moderates had been ruling despotically with the Queen's approval, that wasn't unliked by the Oppositors, that prepared a Pact to Coup the Goverment and Overthrown the Queen, this was done on 1868 and with the Pact of Ostende.
Trigger: 1868, Partido Moderado or Unión Liberal in Power, Constitutional Monarchy.
Effects: A) Down with the Bourbons - Lower Prestige. Constituional changes - Presidential Dictatorship, Political Reforms - Press Rights - Free Press. New Elections.
B) Make the Bourbons to make concessions - Constitutional Changes - Parliamentarism, Political Reforms: Voting Rights - Suffrage, Press Rights - Free Press. Revolt of all non Conservative nor Reactionaries. Give the Power to Partido Liberal.

Event: The Monarch Election.
Juan Prim was in charge of electing a new monarch for Spain, he offered the Crown to various contendents but always declined, except when Amedeo of Savoy, Duke of Aosta reconsidered it and accepted to be King.
Triggers: 1870, La Gloriosa, Constitutional Monarchy.
Effects: A - Fernando de Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - triggers event for Potugal of option A)Decline(trigger Monarch Election 2A) and option B)That will be!(trigger Fernando VIII)
B - Leopoldo de Hohenzollern - triggers event for France: A) Veto!(triggers Franco-Prussian War eventsand Monarch Election 2B), B) Don't Veto - Triggers Prussia/NGF/Germany event A)I'll be King(trigger Leopoldo I), B)Don't need it(trigger Monarch election 2B)
C - Amadeo de Saboya - triggers event for Savoy/Italy A)Yes(trigger Amadeo I), B)Not Interested(trigger Monarch Election 2C)
D - Antonio de Orleans - Trigger event Antonio I

Event: The Monarch Election 2A.
Juan Prim was in charge of electing a new monarch for Spain, he offered the Crown to various contendents but always declined, except when Amedeo of Savoy, Duke of Aosta reconsidered it and accepted to be King.
Effects: A - Leopoldo de Hohenzollern - triggers event for France: A) Veto!(triggers Franco-Prussian War events and Monarch Election 3A), B) Don't Veto - Triggers Prussia/NGF/Germany event A)I'll be King(trigger Leopoldo I), B)Don't need it(trigger Monarch election 3A)
B - Amadeo de Saboya - triggers event for Savoy/Italy A)Yes(trigger Amadeo I), B)Not Interested(trigger Monarch Election 3B)
C - Antonio de Orleans - Trigger event Antonio I

Event: The Monarch Election 2B.
Effects: A - Fernando de Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - triggers event for Potugal of option A)Decline(trigger Monarch Election 4A) and option B)That will be!(trigger Fernando VIII)
B - Amadeo de Saboya - triggers event for Savoy/Italy A)Yes(trigger Amadeo I), B)Not Interested(trigger Monarch Election 4B)

Event: The Monarch Election 2C.
Effects: A - Fernando de Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - triggers event for Potugal of option A)Decline(trigger Monarch Election 5A) and option B)That will be!(trigger Fernando VIII)
B - Leopoldo de Hohenzollern - triggers event for France: A) Veto!(triggers Franco-Prussian War events), B) Don't Veto - Triggers Prussia/NGF/Germany event A)I'll be King(trigger Leopoldo I), B)Don't need it(trigger Monarch election 5B)

Event: The Monarch Election 3A.
Effects: A - Amadeo de Saboya - triggers event for Savoy/Italy A)Yes(trigger Amadeo I), B)Not Interested(trigger Monarch Election 6)
B - Antonio de Orleans - Trigger event Antonio I

Event: The Monarch Election 3B.
Effects: A - Leopoldo de Hohenzollern - triggers event for France: A) Veto!(triggers Franco-Prussian War events and Monarch Election 3A), B) Don't Veto - Triggers Prussia/NGF/Germany event A)I'll be King(trigger Leopoldo I), B)Don't need it(trigger Monarch election 6)

Event: The Monarch Election 4A.
Effects: A - Amadeo de Saboya - triggers event for Savoy/Italy A)Yes(trigger Amadeo I), B)Not Interested(trigger Monarch Election 6)

Event: The Monarch Election 4B.
Effects: A - Fernando de Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - triggers event for Potugal of option A)Decline(trigger Monarch Election 6) and option B)That will be!(trigger Fernando VIII)

Event: The Monarch Election 5A.
Effects: A - Leopoldo de Hohenzollern - triggers event for France: A) Veto!(triggers Franco-Prussian War events), B) Don't Veto - Triggers Prussia/NGF/Germany event A)I'll be King(trigger Leopoldo I), B)Don't need it(trigger Monarch election 6)

Event: The Monarch Election 5B.
Effects: A - Fernando de Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - triggers event for Potugal of option A)Decline(trigger Monarch Election 6) and option B)That will be!(trigger Fernando VIII)

Event: The Monarch Election 6.
Effects: A - Antonio de Orleans - Trigger event Antonio I
B - A Republic with what we have - Constitutional Change - Presidential Dictatorship, Lower Prestige.

Event: Amadeo's Abdication and the Republic.
the 11th of Febraury 1873, after two years in the Spanish throne and believing he could not control the Country, Amadeo decided to abdicate and leave the country, which entered in chaos and the republic was created.
trigger: Amadeo King of Spain, 1873.
Effects: A)Abdication and a Republic is born - Constitutional Changes - Democracy, Liberty. New Elections and Partido Republicano Federal to Power.
B)I've thinked better and I'll stay - Higher Prestige, Anarcholiberals, Conservatives and Reactionaries upset(militancy and conciousness up)

Event: The Cantonal Uprising
With the Advent of the Republic came the problem of what type of State it will have if Unitary, Federal or Confederal and if one of the two who can be a Federal/Confederal State, so some cities started to proclaim themselves States without consent of the State and started one new rebellion.
Trigger: 1873, Democracy.
Effects: Lose Prestige, up militancy for Anarcholiberals and liberals and revolts in Andalucia and the Eastern Coast, cept Gerona.

Event: Pavía's Coup.
After 11 months of Republic and four Goverments, the third day of January of 1874 General Pavía entered with his men in the Congress, were most possibly a new Goverment will be done and finished with it and the Republic at a time, while searching for a new system, General Francisco Serrano would be the leader of the country.
Trigger: Jan 1874, Democracy.
Effects: A) The End of the Republic - Change Constitution: Presidential Dictatorship, Laws by Decree, Multi-Party System, Order. Political Reforms: Voting Rights - Wealth, Press Rights - Censorship.
B) Mantain the Republic - Lower Prestige, higher militancy for Reactionaries, Conservatives and Liberals, Revolution by this three.

Event: Sagunto's Uprising
The Last Days of 1874, still without a New System of Goverment, General Arsenio Martínez Campos made a coup in Sagunto, this coup has the only effect as planned of making the return of the Bourbons quicklier and in some days Alfonso XII will arrive Spain and be crowned.
Trigger: Dec 1874, Golpe de Pavía Succesfull.
Effects: God Save our King Alfonso XII - Constitutional Change - Constitutional Monarchy and His Majesty's goverment.

Event: El Grito de Yara.
Taking profit of the situation in Spain, Céspedes lead a rebellion against Spain to free Cuba, this war would be 10 years long as was leaded by the high spheres of the island.
Trigger: 1868-1878, La Gloriosa, Cuba Spanish.
Effects: A) Fight them! - Militancy and consciousness up for Creoles in Cuba.
B) Give them Great Autonomy - Release Cuba Free as a Dominion, great prestige, relations with US up.

Event: Paz de Zanjón
In 1878 a treaty was signed with Cuban rebels, in which slavery was abolished and some political and administrative reforms were promised.
Trigger - 1878, Revolts in Cuba.
Effects: A) Sign it - Slavery abolished, prestige up, rebels off.
B) Don't sign it - Rebels increase, lower prestige.
C) Give them Autonomy instead - Release Cuba Free as a Dominion, great prestige, relations with US up.

The Monarch Election Results

Event: Fernando VIII
Ferdinand Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was born in Vienna on October 29th 1816 and married to the Portuguese Queen Maria II.
Trigger - Portugal selects Yes! in Fernado is offered the Crown of Spain.
Effects - Gain Prestige, Good relations with Portugal and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, alliance with Portugal.

Event: Leopoldo I.
Leopold of Hohenzollern Signaringen was born in Krauchenwies on September 22nd 1835 and married to Antonia of Portugal in 1861.
Trigger - Prussia/NGF/Germany selects Yes! in Leopold is offered the Crown of Spain and France hasn't Vetoed.
Effects - Gain Prestige, Good relations with Prussia/NGF/Germany.

Event: Amadeo I.
Amedeo of Savoy was born in Turin on May 30th 1845 and married to Maria Vittoria del Pozzo the day of his 22nd Birthday.
Trigger - Savoy/Italy selects Yes! in Amedeo is offered the Crown of Spain.
Effects - Gain Prestige, Good relations with Savoy/Italy, alliance with Savoy.

Event: Antonio I.
Antonio of Orleans was born in Neuilly-sur-Seine on July 31st 1824 and married to Luisa Fernanda of Bourbon, Daughter of Fernando VII and sister of Isabel II, the 10th of October of 1846 in Madrid.
Trigger - Selecting Antonio de Orleans in the monarch election events
Effects - Gain Prestige, Good relations with France.

Historical Constitutional Events

Event - Restore the Constitution of 1812.
A coup in the Royal Family Summer Residence, made the Governor Queen to restore 1812 Constitution.
Trigger: August 13, 1836. Liberal Side in Carlist War.
Effects: A) Restore: Constitutional Changes: National Value to Liberty. Reform: Press Rights - Free Press.
B) Mantain the Statute, consciousness for liberals up.

Event - Constitution of 1837.
Deciding to update the Cádiz Constitution of 1812, the Constituient Courts met and created 1837 Constitution.
Trigger: June 8, 1837. Liberal in Carlist War event.
Effects: A) Pass it! - Reform: Press Rights - Censorship, little gain of prestige.
B) With La Pepa is enough - cosciousness for conservatives up.

Event - Constituon of 1845.
With Mª Cristina's Fall a new Constitution wa urged and in 1845 a new one was done.
Trigger: May 23, 1845. Constitutional Monarchy.
Effects: A) Pass it! - Constituional Changes: National Value - Order, low increase in prestige.
B) No need of a new one - Concieousness for conservatives up.

Event - Constitution of 1856.
During the Progressist Biennium, there was an intention in creating a new Constitution, but the Moderates were able to stop it.
Trigger: September 15, 1856, Constitutional Monarchy, Partido Progresista in Power.
Effects: A) No need for it! - Consciousness for Liberals and Anarcholiberals up.
B) Pass it! - Constitutional Changes: Parliamentarism and Equality. Reforms: VR - Suffrage, PR - Free Press, Trade Unions - All.

Event - Constitution of 1869.
After the Glorious Revolution that deposed Isabel II and the Bourbon Dinasty, the Provisional Goverment created a new Constitution.
Trigger: June 1, 1869. La Gloriosa was succesfull.
Effects: A) Pass it - CC: Constitutional Monarchy, Parliamentarism, Equality. Reforms: VR-Suffrage, PR-Free Press, Trade Unions-All. Gain Prestige.
B) A more moderate Constitution - CC: Constituional Monarchy, Parliamentarism. Reforms: Trade Unions-Non Socialists.

Event: Constitution of 1876
With the Restauration, the Conservative Leader, Antonio Cánovas del Castillo, achieved a new Constitution to be created based in the Liberal Precepts and a Pacific Turn.
Trigger: June 30, 1876. Constitutional Monarchy.
Effects: A) Pass it! - CC: Parliamentarism, Two Party System(Only Partido Moderado and Partido Liberal, all the others banned), Order. Reforms: PP-Right to Ban. Prestige Up.
B) A less Moderate one - CC: Parliamentarism, Multy Party System, Order. Reforms: VR-Suffrage PP-All Allowed, PR- Free Press. Prestige Up.

Event: Suffrage Law of 1886.
A Coup made the Spanish Goverment to accept the Universal Suffrage in 1886.
Trigger: 1886. Partido Liberal in Power.
Effects: Install it! - Reform: VR-Suffrage.

Originally posted by Generalisimo
did you code all this?
can i help you?

also, i think that the factories should be changed... ;)

Is not coded yet, only give the idea, yes factory changes, possibly also a few technology changes can be as well, lots of things in fact :p

I don't know if you included the flavor events or not, but Saavedra, Espronceda, Pereda Galdos, and Jimenez deserve mention.

It might also be important to mark the spread of Krausism in Spain.

Re: Carlist Wars: Liberal Side

Originally posted by Txini

In 1839 finally the Royal Army defeated last Rebels and therefore peace comes back to the Country and the throne.
Trigger: 1836-1840, Liberals control, Bilbao, Pamplona, Morella, Barcelona, Gerona, Lérida.
Effects: Gain Prestige, end of revolts.

Then, the first carlist war could be implemented as Spanish Civil War is in HoI, couldn't it?

Re: Re: Carlist Wars: Liberal Side

Originally posted by Bobby Shaftoe
Then, the first carlist war could be implemented as Spanish Civil War is in HoI, couldn't it?

As far as we have no basque revolter, we can ask for Carlist one :p

U00!!!

So Carlist War will have to be rewritten. For that event, there can be two options (three, if we take into account suicide ;)):

- Appoint Isabel II as queen
- Appoint Carlos V (thanks Troba :D ;))

In each of these event options there are some consequences to study:

- Provinces taken by the enemy at the start of the war.
- Militancy and conscience hits in the population
- Armies created or raised

I have a slight idea of the provinces that Carlist Spain would get in case they're the insurgents, but have no idea of the provinces of Isabelinos side.

Last edited:
But First War started on 1833 so we shall have both Countries over map in GC :p nad Carlist shall be winning the war :p

Damn, you've been planing this for a while, huh? That's one large list of events! I'll start digging up a list of "eventable" material for Portugal. I don't know, I think the ID range for Iberia will have to be pretty big. :)

Originally posted by Bobby Shaftoe
- Appoint Carlos (don't remember the numer) IV???

It is Carlos V Bobby,Carlos IV was...well,it is normal you don´t remember such an idiot,he was the father of Fernando VII,the one who sold us to Napoleon.

A great great work in the events Txini!!Congratulations.

Originally posted by Gwalcmai
Damn, you've been planing this for a while, huh? That's one large list of events! I'll start digging up a list of "eventable" material for Portugal. I don't know, I think the ID range for Iberia will have to be pretty big. :)

Crazy event: Effort to reposses lost colony of Brazil
effect: convert pop in soldiers, officers, increase army and navy, diminish militancy among soldiers, etc etc.

If Portugal manage to win, a HUGE pretige bonus!!! :D