• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
note the second part

My plan for this weekend:
- finish my Austria-Hungary note for polish wikipedia
- finish my Galicia and Bohemia sets of events
- sleep a little bit
- prepare Christmas (pierogi!)
Cheers

On a sidenote, what is the VIP policy regarding the 1848 revolutions? Should there be event covering them?

I am asking because those revolts could pull the plug out of super-Austria, i.e. wrecking the whole country and knocking them down a notch or two.

Instead of pre determined events, why not knock the population down to a more historical level, say to 30 odd million? surely that would make Austria less of a military power yes? that will allow the player to have more flexibility, while dealing with shortcomings.

Yes in 1848 Austria was quite a mess. But as much damage the revolutions in Wienna did, the most damaging was the Hungarian uprising that year. However there is no event for it. The rebellion is supposed to trigger by itself (-just how when Austria has Hungarian culture?) or as a result of liberal revolution event. Only the Hungarian rebellion, despite being led by Kossuth a liberal, was more of a separatistic national uprising than just one in string of liberal revolutions in 1848.

Hrast said:
Yes in 1848 Austria was quite a mess. But as much damage the revolutions in Wienna did, the most damaging was the Hungarian uprising that year. However there is no event for it. The rebellion is supposed to trigger by itself (-just how when Austria has Hungarian culture?) or as a result of liberal revolution event. Only the Hungarian rebellion, despite being led by Kossuth a liberal, was more of a separatistic national uprising than just one in string of liberal revolutions in 1848.
Hungarians do rebel if you play it on easy difficulty (which you shouldn't, as it ruins the game). Most of the times they proclaim independence (sometimes even Croatia does that) but Austrians take almost all of their provinces. The AI seems less able to deal with rebelions on easy - you get Bosnia, Quebec and CSA to last untill 1900s. On the other hand, on the hardest setting USCA just won't die!
Cheers,
Milos

Mishko said:
Hungarians do rebel if you play it on easy difficulty (which you shouldn't, as it ruins the game). Most of the times they proclaim independence (sometimes even Croatia does that) but Austrians take almost all of their provinces. The AI seems less able to deal with rebelions on easy - you get Bosnia, Quebec and CSA to last untill 1900s. On the other hand, on the hardest setting USCA just won't die!
Cheers,
Milos

Reading this I remember about letter of Monte-Negrian King, or was it princ, to Ban of Croatia&Slavonia&Supreme comander of military border etc. Jelacic, offering him ~10000 foot solders as help if he declare independence from Emperor.
Actualy, as I recal from history clases, there were a short period of time in 1850s where it was not clear would Jelacic declare independence from Austria or stay loyal.
I belive Hungarian constant denying to recognize Croatia as something more than future province of Hungary in 1850s turned Croatia to be "Monarhist".
Some detachment of Hungarian "rebel" military forces taking Osijek at east of Croatia didnt also help that much, I guess. :D

This could be nice number of events, if there is will to dig in a bit :)

Last edited:
Hrv123 said:
Reading this I remember about letter of Monte-Negrian King, or was it princ, to Ban of Croatia&Slavonia&Supreme comander of military border etc. Jelacic, offering him ~10000 foot solders as help if he declare independence from Emperor.
Yeah, that was a hobby of Montenegrian leaders... Stir up troubles in other countries. They also did that in Herzegovina a lot (hell, my grand-grand-etc father is responsible for at least one uprising in the 1500s :)).
As for the Hungarian uprisings: yes, their attitude chased away all potential allies. When the rebellion broke out, Serbs in Slavonia took up arms and seized all of the cities there, and then tried to negotiate with Hungarians rather than Vienna, but they just dismissed the envoys and sent an army to retake Vojvodina. Bad idea, as they were now streched over two fronts, and Austrians crushed them easily.
Cheers,
Milos

There should be make some events for the 1848 revolutions (I have already started it but I don't know when can I finish it...) :
- revolution in Wien on the 13th March
- revolution in Pest-Buda on the 15th March and the new liberal government for Hungary (led by Lajos Batthyány)
- maybe an event for the popular unification of Germany, too (the austrian liberals and revolutioners had the idea to join the new German state)
In this case, if Austria joins to the German federation, Hungary/Croatia would be independent.
- If Austria choose the option "crush the Hungarian rebels" --> massive revolts in Hungary; Republic of Hungary, etc...
- Austria can apply for Russian help (in this case Austria looses a huge amount of prestige)

Gergo said:
There should be make some events for the 1848 revolutions (I have already started it but I don't know when can I finish it...) :

Exactly! Thought of that myself too. We should team up. :)

Reflecting to some other ideas of various posters, you're right about the initial attitude towards minorities, including Croatia (but since Croatia was part of Hungary - unlike in the game - , well of course it was viewed as "province", however it always had some sort of autonomy), but don't forget, that there were a compromise proposal near the end of the freedom fight which was acceptable for most of minorities, so most of them decided to fight with us. However, the "Serb front" is a bit overestimated, since Austria did not crush anybody (we crushed them instead :) ), and if the Russkies do not interfere, the fight would be already won. Even Hungarian commander-in-chief Görgey capitulated before the Russians, not the Austrians as expected, making Austria mad once more. But Russia was "punished" too later for that, since Austria was unable to help them in the Crimean war, because they feared of a new revolution in their back :D

P.S. Greetz to Halibutt ;)

I think that 1867 dualisation event should be changed. Dualisation of 1867 drasticaly effected the country and basicaly cripled the Wienna, but in the game the event is as significant as the Charles Dickens event and the likes.

I think it should piss of minorities of the Hungarian part considerably, for now being exposed to hungarisation and somewhat piss other minorities becouse their wishes for autonomy weren`t granted instead. Also if reforms for votes cost money so should reforms like this. Also tax efficenty should be lowered somewhat to make for the dobled buerocracy.
It would look something like this:

event = {
id = 1524
random = no
country = AUS
picture = aushun

trigger = {
flag = { name = flg_Austria_contests value = 1 }
NOT = {
exists = HUN
}
won_war = { country = PRU country = AUS }
}

name = "EVT_1524_NAME"
desc = "EVT_1524_DESC"
style = 0

date = { day = 4 month = january year = 1860 }
offset = 31
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1920 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME1524A" # Make Concessions to the Hungarians
command = { type = add_countryculture which = hungarian }
command = { type = set_ruling_party which = 1508 }
command = { type = flagname which = "HUN" }
command = { type = prestige value = -100 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 1583 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = hungarian value = -3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = hungarian value = -3 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = croat value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = croat value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovak value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = slovak value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = serb value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = serb value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = romanian value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = romanian value = 1 }
command = { type = tax_eff value = -5 }
command = {type = treasury value = -50000 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = czech value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovene value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = ukrainian value = 1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME1524B" # No this is still a German Reich
command = { type = prestige value = 25 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = hungarian value = 5 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = hungarian value = 5 }
}
}

I think there should also be events for Slavs of the monarchy to demand autonomy during war time to simulate Austrian greatest problem -unabillity to fight long, exausting wars due to ethnical tensions.
Perhaps something like this:

event = {
id = 1581
random = yes
country = AUS
trigger = {war_exhaustion = { country = AUS value = 3 }} { year = 1880 }}
name = "South Slavs demand autonomy"
desc = "EVT_1581_DESC"
style = 0

action_a = name = "We will not have this blackmail!"
command = { type = pop_militancy which = croat value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = serb value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = slovene value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovene value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = croat value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = serb value = 3 }
command = {type = reliability which = slovene value = -2 }
command = {type = reliability which = croat value = -2 }
command = {type = reliability which = serb value = -2 }

action_b = name = "Concede to their demands"
command = { type = add_countryculture which = croat }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = slovene }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = croat value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = serb value = -1 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = slovene value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovene value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = croat value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = serb value = -1 }
command = { type = prestige value = -150 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = hungarian value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = south_german value = 2 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 1581 }
}

#South Slavs of the monarchy continuosly demanded greater cultural and political autonomy and after dualisation of monarchy even an establishment of a third entity of the monarhcy consisting of areas popullated by South Slavs. The voices calling for autonomy became louder over the years and esspecialy during WWI, but the leadership of the monarchy refused to hear such demands.

event = {
id = 1582
random = yes
country = AUS
name = "West Slavs demand autonomy"
desc = "EVT_1582_DESC"
style = 0

command = { type = pop_militancy which = slovak value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = czech value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovak value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = czech value = 3 }
command = {type = reliability which = slovak value = -2 }
command = {type = reliability which = czech value = -2 }

command = { type = add_countryculture which = czech }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = slovak }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = czech value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = slovak value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = czech value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovak value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = hungarian value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = south_german value = 2 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 1582 }
}
}

#event = {
id = 1582
random = yes
country = AUS
name = "West Slavs demand autonomy"
desc = "EVT_1582_DESC"
style = 0

command = { type = pop_militancy which = slovak value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = czech value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovak value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = czech value = 3 }
command = {type = reliability which = slovak value = -2 }
command = {type = reliability which = czech value = -2 }

command = { type = add_countryculture which = czech }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = slovak }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = czech value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = slovak value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = czech value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovak value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = hungarian value = 2 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 1582 }
}
}

#Czechs and Slovaks of the monarchy continuosly demanded greater cultural and political autonomy and after dualisation of monarchy even an establishment of a third entity of the monarhcy consisting of areas popullated by South Slavs. The voices calling for autonomy became louder over the years and esspecialy during WWI, but the leadership of the monarchy refused to hear such demands.

Also in my opinion all cultures but German need to be removed.

Last edited:
Hrast:

I think the first event should have some German militancy rise, as they wouldn't be happy with Hungarian influence rising.

Altogether I don't think the militancy and consciusness linkage is handled well here. If people are given more rights and chances to influence and their culture is accepted, I'd think their consciousness would rather rise than fall.

Grosshaus said:
Hrast:

I think the first event should have some German militancy rise, as they wouldn't be happy with Hungarian influence rising.

Altogether I don't think the militancy and consciusness linkage is handled well here. If people are given more rights and chances to influence and their culture is accepted, I'd think their consciousness would rather rise than fall.

You are right about the german millitancy. It should increase in case Slavic demands are accepted as well.

I don`t agree with you on the consciousness though. I would think that minorities that get autonomy and right to use their language tend to become satisfied and loose some interest in politics.

I also think that you're giving Austria Slav cultures for free. If minorities got too much rights, that would seriously hamper the country and speed up the democratization process, but if they were given less than that, they would still be dissatisfied. Obviously, anyone would go with the latter. :)
Cheers,
Milos

Mishko said:
I also think that you're giving Austria Slav cultures for free. If minorities got too much rights, that would seriously hamper the country and speed up the democratization process, but if they were given less than that, they would still be dissatisfied. Obviously, anyone would go with the latter. :)
Cheers,
Milos

Perhaps you are right. Adding a culture is quite important and the production boost makes up easily for the -5 tax efficenty penalty. Perhaps adding 15 plurality for each event and changing the -5 tax efficenty penalty to -20 (as a quatralised Austria-Hungary-Yugoslavia-Czechoslovakia would be a huge completly decentralised and ineffective buerocratic circuss) would do the trick.

Also we must not neglect that making all nations of the monarchy into equals was the right and the only way to secure the future of Austria. It is a difrent story if shortsighted Habsburgs held prejudice towards "unhistorical nations" and failed to secure an equal place for all languages and nations. It would be a treamendous task, but certainly the right path to take.

Anyhow I present the following event as sample to illustrate what I mean by events for minorities that should simulate the prison of nations and eventually weaken Austria somewhat.

Perhaps such event seems fairly innocent, but bear in mind that there should be much more of them (Gaj, Masaryk...) and that over time they should start increasing millitancy as well as consciousness. Also it took a world war to make Austria bite the dust so cripling her completly would do her wrong.

event = {
id = 1584
random = no
country = AUS
trigger = { owned = { province = 755 data = -1 }}
name = "France Preseren"
desc = "EVT_1584_DESC"
style = 0
date = day = 15 month = december year = 1846 }

action_a = name = "Nuisance!"

command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovene value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 50 value = full_citizenship where = 755 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 25 value = full_citizenship where = 770 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 25 value = full_citizenship where = 754 }
command = {type = plurality value = 1}

}
}

#France Preseren (1800-1848), among slovenians unanymously recognised as "the greatest slovenian poet" was important figure of slovenian national awekening and struggle for use of slovenian tongue over german. He wrote present day slovenian national anthem in 1844, which was censored at the time due to it`s national and pan-slavic message. Most of his poems allowed by the censure were gathered in a collection titled Preseren`s Poetics that was published in 1847. He also helped issue a first yearly slovenian literary almanach, was important personality in the newly emerging slovenian liberal camp and took an active part in discusions conserning reform of alphabet for
slovene.

Perhaps there should be events demanding autonomy for Slavs that would trigger when slavic parties (-I pressume there will be ethnic parties for Austria included in VIP) would gain significant vote. That way a player wanting a stable german Austria would have a good reason to keep the minorities low consciousness (or have no suffrage) as historical. And a player wanting to make Austria tolerant multi-ethnic state would acctually have means to achieve this goal by going completly democratical (we should just be carefull to simulate pissing off of the privileged classes and nations in doing so though).

Last edited:
I agree that "The Double Monarchy" event should be changed, because the present situation don't represent the real importance of the "dualisation". But I don't know yet what should be the ideal solution to simulate the autonomy of Hungary within the Empire - there were three common affairs with Austria: foreign affairs, common military affairs and the common financial affairs to finance the latter ones. Maybe a satellite state? I would say not, because formally the two parts of the Empire was equal...

As for the slavic movements, I think there should be an event in 1848 for the slavic congress of Prague, then after "The Double Monarchy" event another one for the Hungarian-Croatian compromise and the Hungarian minority act.

Maybe around 1880 an event to let us choose the "trialisation" (Austro-Czech-Hungarian Empire) or the federalisation of the Empire...

I made some more of nuissance events for Austria (and corrected the first a bit flawed one):

event = {
id = 1585
random = no
country = AUS
name = "France Preseren"
desc = "EVT_1585_DESC"
style = 0
date = { day = 15 month = december year = 1846 }

action_a = { name = "Nuisance!"

command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 40 value = full_citizenship where = 755 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 20 value = full_citizenship where = 770 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 40 value = full_citizenship where = 754 }
command = {type = plurality value = 2}

}
}

#France Preseren, among slovenians unanymously recognised as "the greatest slovenian poet" was important figure of slovenian national awekening and struggle for use of slovenian tongue over german. He wrote present day slovenian national anthem in 1844, which was censored at the time and in december of 1846 censors allowed most of his poems to be published in a collection titled Preseren`s Poetics. He helped issue a yearly slovenian literary almanach, was important personality of the among slovenians newly emerging liberal camp and took an active part in discusions conserning reform of alphabet for slovene.

event = {
id = 1586
random = no
country = AUS
name = "Ljudevit Gaj"
desc = "EVT_1586_DESC"
style = 0
date = { day = 2 month = december year = 1842 }

command = { type = pop_consciousness which = croat value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 40 value = full_citizenship where = 751 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 40 value = full_citizenship where = 912 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 40 value = full_citizenship where = 906 }
command = {type = plurality value = 3}

}
}

#Ljudevit Gaj was a central person of Croatian national revivial. He founded Illyrian movement, which seeked to assure cultural and political independance and unification of South Slavs. The movement didn`t stick with other South Slavs, but it was important for Croatian cultural revival. He also founded Illyrian party which opposed pro-Magyar stance of the Hungarian-Croatian party and promoted pan-slavism. He established the first Croatian newspaper "Horvatske Novine" that issued a weekly literary journal as well. He reformed the alphabet writting for croatian, his reformed alphabet was later also adopted by Slovenes. He reformed croatian grammar, basing it on stokavian dialect that was spoken by Serbs as well, rather than on kajkavian that was in use until then. He helped wrote "national demands" in 1848 and was a close advisor to ban Jelacic. Illyrian name and symbolism was outlawed by a royal decree in 1843 and ten years later Ljudevit Gaj was charged with treason. He died in poverty in 1872.

event = {
id = 1587
random = no
country = AUS
name = "Josip Strossmayer"
desc = "EVT_1587_DESC"
style = 0
date = { day = 15 month = june year = 1866 }

command = { type = pop_consciousness which = serb value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 40 value = full_citizenship where = 746 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 40 value = full_citizenship where = 751}
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 40 value = full_citizenship where = 912 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 40 value = full_citizenship where = 755 }
command = {type = plurality value = 2 }
}
}

#Croatian bishop Josip Juraj Strossmayer is recognised as a founder of Yugoslav movement whose goal was a creation of a unified South Slavic state. He was important figure in croatian political and cultural life and founded first Croatian university and Yugoslav academy of science and art in Zagreb. He also worked to imporve relations of catholic and orthodox churches.

event = {
id = 1588
random = no
country = AUS
#should be made to be triggered by Austrian 1848 revolution
name = "First Pan-Slavic Congress"
desc = "EVT_1588_DESC"
style = 0
date = { day = 2 month = june year = 1848 }

action_a = { name = "Argh!"
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = czech value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = czech value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = slovene value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = ukrainian value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = ukrainian value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = polish value = 2 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = polish value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 754 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 906 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 898 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 913 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 900 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 730 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 751 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 757 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 755 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 760 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 10 value = full_citizenship where = 735 }
command = {type = plurality value = 5}
}
}

#In disorder of the revolutionary year of 1848 a first pan-slavic congress was held in the city of Prague, which was attended primarily by Slavs of the Habsburg monarchy but also by other Slavs. The congress was dissolved forcefully by Austrian army led by general Windishgraeetz that managed to restore order to the streets of Prague and imprison the leaders.

event = {
id = 1589
random = no
country = AUS
name = "Frantisek Palatsky"
desc = "EVT_1589_DESC"
style = 0
date = { day = 15 month = may year = 1840 }

command = { type = pop_consciousness which = czech value = 4 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = czech value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_dominant_issue which = 60 value = full_citizenship where = 733 }
command = {type = plurality value = 3}

}
}

#Frantisek Palacky played a leading role in the Czech cultural and national revival. He established Austro-Slavism a view that advocated unification and autonomy of Slavs in frame of Habsburg monarchy. Later he worked for complete Czech independance. During the revolution of 1848, he presided over the first Pan-Slav Congress at Prague. He also wrote "History of Bohemia" a monumental work work of scholarship that strongly influenced the burgeoning Czech national consciousness.

I figured it is not alright to be able to dualise only if you loose a war against Prussia. So I made an event that enables you to do so even if you never fought a war:

event = {
id = 1583
random = no
country = AUS
picture = aushun
name = "EVT_1583_NAME"
desc = "EVT_1583_DESC"
style = 0

date = { day = 4 month = january year = 1875 }
offset = 300

action_a = {
name = "No this is still a German Reich"
}
action_b = {
name = "Make Concessions to the Hungarians"
command = { type = prestige value = -200 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 1584 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = croat value = 1 }

command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovak value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = romanian value = 1 }
command = { type = tax_eff value = -20 }
command = {type = plurality value = 20}
}

}

Also in case Austria doesn`t dualise, if there are to be events simulating historical demands for autonomy of Slavs in war time, there need to be such an event for Hungarians as well:

event = {
id = 1584
random = yes
country = AUS
trigger = {war_exhaustion = { country = AUS value = 2 }} { year = 1880 }}
name = "Hungarians demand autonomy"
desc = "EVT_1584_DESC"
style = 0

command = { type = pop_militancy which = hungarian value = 4 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = hungarian value = 4 }
command = {type = reliability which = hungarian value = -2 }

command = { type = pop_militancy which = hungraian value = -2 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = hungarian value = -2 }
command = { type = prestige value = -300 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = croat value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = slovak value = 1 }
command = { type = pop_consciousness which = romanian value = 1 }
}
}

But for this to work dualisation event has to look like this:

event = {
id = 1524
random = no
country = AUS
picture = aushun

trigger = {
flag = { name = flg_Austria_contests value = 1 }
NOT = {
exists = HUN
}
won_war = { country = PRU country = AUS }
}

name = "EVT_1524_NAME"
desc = "EVT_1524_DESC"
style = 0

date = { day = 4 month = january year = 1865 }
offset = 31
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1920 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME1524A" # Make Concessions to the Hungarians
command = { type = set_ruling_party which = 1508 }

command = { type = pop_consciousness which = romanian value = 2 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME1524B" # No this is still a German Reich
}
}

Last edited:
event = {
id = 1590
random = no
country = AUS
trigger = { OR = {
event = 1583
event = 1584
event = 1585
}
}
name = "Unrest in Croatia"
desc = "EVT_1590_DESC"
style = 0
date = { day = 15 month = august year = 1883 }

action_a = { name = "Worrying!"

command = { type = pop_militancy which = croat where = 746 value = 4 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = croat where = 912 value = 4 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = serb where = 746 value = 4 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = serb where = 912 value = 4 }
}
}

EVT_1590_DESC;In 1883 bilingual croatian-hungarian signs started to appear in Croatian cities although they were not foreseen by Hungarian-Croatian settlement. As crowds started to remove them forcefully great unrest and disorder was triggered. Soon Croatian ban Pejacevic was forced to resign and state of emergency was declared in Croatia.;;;;;;;;;;X

event = {
id = 1591
random = no
country = AUS
trigger = { event = 1590 }
name = "Pacification of Croatia"
desc = "EVT_1591_DESC"
style = 0
date = { day = 15 month = september year = 1883 }

action_a = { name = "Pacify the Croatia forcefully!"

command = { type = pop_militancy which = croat where = 746 value = -3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = croat where = 912 value = -3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = serb where = 746 value = -3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = serb where = 912 value = -3 }
command = { type = prestige value = -100 }
}

action_b = { name = "Mediate and press on Hungary!"

command = { type = pop_consciousness which = hungarian value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = hungarian value = 3 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = croat where = 746 value = -4 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = croat where = 912 value = -4 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = serb where = 746 value = -4 }
command = { type = pop_militancy which = serb where = 912 value = -4 }
}
}

EVT_1991_DESC;As the Serbs from the former millitary border started to join what was becoming a throught uprising in Croatia, which manifested a weakness of the Double Monarchy and European press was starting to write about forcefull hungarisation of Croatia, Wienna decided to act to bring the rebellion to it`s end. Troops were sent to crush the rebellion in what they succeded in the process hundreds were left dead or wounded and thousands were imprisoned.;;;;;;;;;;X

Using force should not lower militancy and consciousness, rather the opposite. Perhaps make it so that mediation has a monetary cost in addition to uppsetting rulers. In Austria this might be reactionary, conservatives, Germans, Hungarians...

Using force should rather give than take prestige, as it normally was a sign of force to other majors. Also it should be liked by the same pops that would dislike negotiating.