• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With HOI3 size provinces, you will probably get Goa AND Macau.
Macau was already in HoI2, so it wasn't an issue when the campaign was born.

Also, Damão and Diu would be nice :)

Macao is in HoI3 so I don't see why it won't be in Victoria 2.

Personally, I'd like to see the 10,000 provinces there for manoeuvring, but POPs, resources and factories handled at regional level (with one region per 5 or so provinces, just like in HoI3). Improvements might be physically located in a specific province, but you'd manage them on the regional level.

I also think that railway lines should appear on the map once built, stretching from one region capital to the next. (And also extending across national borders.) This is cosmetic only, but look at how popular the Railroad Tycoon games were. People like trains. :) (And it would show you visually which province in each region was the location of its factories.)

Macau was already in HoI2, so it wasn't an issue when the campaign was born.

Also, Damão and Diu would be nice :)

On the other hand, Goa was already in Victoria, so the campaign seems pointless now :p

I also think that railway lines should appear on the map once built, stretching from one region capital to the next. (And also extending across national borders.) This is cosmetic only, but look at how popular the Railroad Tycoon games were. People like trains. :) (And it would show you visually which province in each region was the location of its factories.)

Totally. Some representation of population, infra and industry on the map would really help with the immersion, even as a person who doesn't normally give a stuff about graphics.

Totally. Some representation of population, infra and industry on the map would really help with the immersion, even as a person who doesn't normally give a stuff about graphics.

Definitely... one of things I loved about Total War games was the trade and shipping you could see going from city to port to port.

As Paradox well knows, it will suffer a Portuguese-wide boicott if our colonies aren't included in the game. Think of it as the true Portuguese People's censorship union. (In contrast with the "People's" Censorship Bureau of China)

This is obvious enough that I'm sure it must have been mentioned already, but it'd be nice to have rivers in the game this time. Their omission was a bit bizarre.

You couldn't see them in any map mode other than terrain. Maybe that's what's TairosAurelius was referring to.

You couldn't see them because they had no effect at all. No penalties for fighting across them, much less anything else. Unlike all other Paradox games (that I know of).

I think alot of people will be very happy with the map we'll do for Victoria2.

I'll even promise that it is likely to be the most accurate map we've ever made for a game.

That is AWESOME! :D

I think alot of people will be very happy with the map we'll do for Victoria2.

I'll even promise that it is likely to be the most accurate map we've ever made for a game.
That's not the sort of promise that gets thrown around this place so easily, so I'm guessing you guys will be spending a lot of time on it? Nice! :D