• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Kaigon, we like to change the normal CAL Sprites with yours in Aberration, but it doesn't seems to work.

CAL;LightYellow;LightOrange;muslim;MUS;CAL;MUS;MUS;7;2;3;9;5;4;2;7;0;X
in Country.csv in folder ..Europa Universalis 2\Aberration\DB

We put the files in the normal gfx folders (..Europa Universalis 2\Aberration\GFX\Map\Units for the SPR files; ..Europa Universalis 2\Aberration\GFX\Map\Units\bmp for the 11 BMP files and the one palette file in the folder ..Europa Universalis 2\Aberration\GFX\palette) from the moddir Aberration. It doesn't appear. What have we done wrong?

I have an idea what the problem is, so let's try this.
Does it work if you move all files connected to the sprite out of moddir, that is, normal EU2 folders. If this makes the sprite work you can either keep it or try to make it moddir-tolerant. For the later, edit all .spr files as text files and for the bitmap and palette, add Aberration as a folder
Code:
	Palette = "Kaigon_BYZ PALETTE L-3.bmp"
becomes
Code:
	Palette = "Aberration\Kaigon_BYZ PALETTE L-3.bmp"

[B@W] Abominus said:
Hi Kaigon, we like to change the normal CAL Sprites with yours in Aberration, but it doesn't seems to work.

CAL;LightYellow;LightOrange;muslim;MUS;CAL;MUS;MUS;7;2;3;9;5;4;2;7;0;X
in Country.csv in folder ..Europa Universalis 2\Aberration\DB

We put the files in the normal gfx folders (..Europa Universalis 2\Aberration\GFX\Map\Units for the SPR files; ..Europa Universalis 2\Aberration\GFX\Map\Units\bmp for the 11 BMP files and the one palette file in the folder ..Europa Universalis 2\Aberration\GFX\palette) from the moddir Aberration. It doesn't appear. What have we done wrong?

Custom sprites can still be used in a Mod if they are in the normal game folders.

I use your Byz sprites Kaigon for Byzantium, Trebizond, Morea, and Theodoros in AGCEEP and I have them in the regular GFX folder.
As the game always checks the normal folders for GFX before the mod-dir you just link the sprites to the country in the mod-dir country.csv.

May I recommend you one more fix for your galley, Kaigon?

It's about a cannon smoke which has naged me in a battle screen.
If you want to delete this 'bug', open T-NAVY A-SMOKE D-NW.bmp and D-SE and erase the smoke from these files (keep only a strip of transparent green). The smoke will be a history :)

One important think to do this:
In EU2 are these files located in two different places
- Gfx\Map\Units\bmp (I don't know why are the files here, because these are doing NOTHING)
- Gfx\Interface (here are the right files, correct THESE)

:D

KaRei said:
May I recommend you one more fix for your galley, Kaigon?

It's about a cannon smoke which has naged me in a battle screen.
If you want to delete this 'bug', open T-NAVY A-SMOKE D-NW.bmp and D-SE and erase the smoke from these files (keep only a strip of transparent green). The smoke will be a history :)

One important think to do this:
In EU2 are these files located in two different places
- Gfx\Map\Units\bmp (I don't know why are the files here, because these are doing NOTHING)
- Gfx\Interface (here are the right files, correct THESE)

:D
Done, found at the top of the civ3-sprite page. They should be fully optional since they're only useful if you never have any cannonloaded ships for the whole scenario, but not so useful if you want to have both in one scenario (and there, I can't help you). Still good for those early age mods.

Could you make something for the XVII century infantry? I did not find anything good for it so far, except the ones from Cossacks… Could you convert them? It will be really great to have these ones instead these boring the XVI century EUII vanilla infantry…
http://www.cossacks.de/english/encyclopedia/images/un_spain_musketeer_xvii.gif
http://www.cossacks.de/english/encyclopedia/images/un_england_highlander.gif
http://www.cossacks.de/english/encyclopedia/images/un_holland_musketeer_xvii.gif
http://www.cossacks.de/english/encyclopedia/images/un_sweden_musketeer_xvii.gif

Hi, maybe this is not the right place to ask this, but it would be great if you help me.
I´m working on a patch for EU2 & FTG aiming to make individual sprites for each country or at least culture groups. The idea is making the sprites representing armies not consisting of one unit but three or more.
For example, the sprite i´ve designed for England level 1 Land Military is a longbowman with two billmen at his sides. The sprite works perfectly in game, but when combat occurs, it is not centered on the combat screen on the interface, it shows always outside the combat window, over the morale bar. What to do in order to remove this bug? :wacko: