• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As an ironman purist, I can recommend man's modifier icons and music mods, especially Pshek's Soldier's Radio, which is super neat.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention CSRZ's immersion packs, which make a lot of great flavour improvements like uncensored flags, event pics, focus icons, and coat of arms for different ruling parties!

Last edited:
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
You're right, Kaiserreich is indeed widely known and appreciated within the Hearts of Iron IV community. Comparing it to The Avengers is quite fitting, given its immense popularity and influence. While it may not be underrated in terms of its recognition, it's still worth acknowledging its significance and the enjoyment it brings to so many players.
regards,

I don't think there's a version that isn't broken anymore, but colored ship and plane icons. It made distinguishing the icons just that much easier and less annoying.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for sharing your recommendations! It's always great to discover underrated mods that bring new depth and excitement to games.

For my contribution, I highly recommend checking out the "Old World Blues" mod for Hearts of Iron IV. It's set in the Fallout universe and offers a fascinating alternative history scenario where the world has been ravaged by nuclear war. The mod features detailed focus trees for various factions, unique events, and a richly immersive experience that fans of the Fallout series will love.

Another gem worth exploring is the "Kaiserreich" mod, also for Hearts of Iron IV. It presents a world where the Central Powers won World War I, leading to a vastly different 20th century. With intricate political systems, dynamic events, and a wide array of countries to play as, Kaiserreich offers endless replay value and an engaging alternate history narrative.

I hope you enjoy these recommendations and discover even more hidden gems in the world of mods!

• 1Haha
Reactions:
You're right, Kaiserreich is indeed widely known and appreciated within the Hearts of Iron IV community. Comparing it to The Avengers is quite fitting, given its immense popularity and influence. While it may not be underrated in terms of its recognition, it's still worth acknowledging its significance and the enjoyment it brings to so many players.
regards,

Thanks for sharing your recommendations! It's always great to discover underrated mods that bring new depth and excitement to games.

For my contribution, I highly recommend checking out the "Old World Blues" mod for Hearts of Iron IV. It's set in the Fallout universe and offers a fascinating alternative history scenario where the world has been ravaged by nuclear war. The mod features detailed focus trees for various factions, unique events, and a richly immersive experience that fans of the Fallout series will love.

Another gem worth exploring is the "Kaiserreich" mod, also for Hearts of Iron IV. It presents a world where the Central Powers won World War I, leading to a vastly different 20th century. With intricate political systems, dynamic events, and a wide array of countries to play as, Kaiserreich offers endless replay value and an engaging alternate history narrative.

I hope you enjoy these recommendations and discover even more hidden gems in the world of mods!

This stinks of ChatGPT brother.

It doesn't even make sense to to suggest Old World Blues and Kaiserreich after already aknowledging that "Kaiserreich is indeed widely known and appreciated within the Hearts of Iron IV community".

Reactions:
It occurred to me that even all these years later, there are quite a few mods that are massively underrated. I figured it'd be fun to share our recommendations to each other! I've played two mods that have completely blown me away in quality, but I'd love to try out others.

C0A20A34392DE98458D943E4CEB790B73431CF7C

The first, Eight Years War of Resistance, completely overhauls the entire war in Asia. It even has a unique focus tree for Sinkiang! You can find it here. Fair warning,. it adds some decisions and mechanics that are absolutely necessary to achieve victory in the war. As a first country, I'd point to Japan if you want something easier, or Nationalist China if you want something harder.

5D207308789A7C022094937F319D05F0068C88A4

The second, Equestria at War, is the best total overhaul I've ever played. It sounds like a meme, but it's astoundingly well designed, optimized, written, and just everything. You can find it here. The subject matter may be offputting, but if you are willing to give it a chance, it has the most comprehensive experience I have ever played. I'd point to any of the North Zebrican tags, especially Hippogriffia, Colthage, and Chiropterra. Each of them shows the mod at its best.

If you have any recommendations, post them below! I'll check them out.
I know I am gonna sound a bit like a hater here but, don't play EaW if you like the my little pony show or have decent morals, it unironically is full of drama, for example the main nation, Equestria, won't even be reworked despite being extremely old because the devs fight amongst themselves due to politics, I love the show and thus decided to get into the mod but oh boy, everything is drama. If you love ponies then EaW is not the mod for you, but if you have no care towards the colorful equines, then yeah it is a serviceable mod. As a my little pony thing, it is extremely political, to the point certain nations would break Paradox TOS, if paradox TOS applied to fantasy races and not only humans, but the devs can get away with it because pony/griffon/bat genoc... might be a loophole to the point they even portray it inside the mod as a positive thing. I am not even gonna take sides in their ideologies, though I will admit it is very sad they unironically just copy paste fascism and communism in a universe where they not only not make sense, but never existed. My little pony had their own "pseudo communism" called equalism, yet only 2 nations in the mod use it, instead they inserted communism just because the devs wanted to push it, Again, not gonna debate on wether it is good or bad or how they portray it as heroic, to each their own. But they also copy pasted fascism, making a literal carbon copy of Mussolini and his rise to power, and he is protrayed as the good guy, fascism is portrayed as a great ideology that makes the griffon race (or any race that uses it) "great again". And on the other extreme, it has a parody of ABBA KOVNER, and focuses that portray targetting children with poison as heroic, many many nations have focuses about that and events written in grandiose tones about how "awesome" it is to "delete" the enemy. Don't worry though, at least the griffon parody of "nazi germany" is portrayed negatively, but does that excuse that every single other pro genoci.... nation in the game is portrayed as heroic? Again, not looking to debate politics, just letting people know what they are getting themselves into with Equestria at War and its politics.

If you love ponies or ideological decency, not that good a mod, if you like memes and to virtually commit you know what, then yeah it is a meme factory with extreme depth and decades long gameplay.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
instead they inserted communism just because the devs wanted to push it
I feel like if they could get it into IR or CK3 they'd do it. One thing PDX games and it's mods seem to love is putting communism into everything.

There are several mods with music, like Soldiers' Radio and more.
FINALLY someone has Glen Miller in the game.

Now you have me wishing for some Madden-esque "Tony Bruno Show" fake 30s-40s level sounding broadcast that reacts to the the game.