• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally it's done: THE WIN!

And I hope, my advises for a well-balanced research part helped you to concentrate on the fightings. It was only a bid sad for me that navy research has to be cutted down so much because so much else were so much behind.
Of course you were a BIG help "our dear Tech-General" :) I went with your "orders" for the last half of the game and even early on, you had priority-impacts. TY again.

I don't dislike the Tech-biz but I do far prefer to be fighting the war and strategizing than anything else in this game...especially at Sea. Why that is? Is anyone's guess, because I would have made a lousy sailor in real life. "Terra-firma for this Chap, old boy.":D Cheers racebear!

Once again, best of British for getting to the end of the Motorway - quickly too! :p

"Are we there yet Winnie?" "Yes, Joe and Franky, we are. You can get out and stretch your legs now. Then it's back into the car to drive back along the Cold War Highway!" :eek:
:D then comes :mad:...eh?;)

Gentlemen we've not seen FM sebas for a while, so I do hope he is doing well and has only been very busy "raking in the big-bucks." :)

Cheers all

Congrats! Now, to retire to obscurity to the South Downs and keep bees!

Congrats! Now, to retire to obscurity to the South Downs and keep bees!
Thank you. Seriously, in RL, If I were a tad younger I would definitely keep Bees and plant specific flowers, just for them to use making that awesome liquid-gold and then I would make my own private stock of Meads and Honey Wines. That would be Beeutiful.:)

Sorry for the recent absence, I've been busy and the forum stopped reporting your posts for some reason. I've caught up a bit though I still have to read page 23 and 24.
So far its looking good, the Japanese fleet is putting up a fight but with the amount of Allied forces closing in I doubt they will be able to stand up to you for long.

Sorry for the recent absence, I've been busy and the forum stopped reporting your posts for some reason. I've caught up a bit though I still have to read page 23 and 24.
So far its looking good, the Japanese fleet is putting up a fight but with the amount of Allied forces closing in I doubt they will be able to stand up to you for long.
I assumed you were busy but you know how it is; we make the assumption but then still wonder/hope all is well.

Glad to know that's the case with you friend!

About this AAR. The best way I describe this play-through is I enjoyed being hamstrung by the 1939-start. Challenges like a MOT-army were not huge but yet large enough to navigate the problems for this man. I am so habitual in this game that it proved enjoyable to be forced out of my planning & intentions and into situational reactions and weighing decisions about where the UK goes and where it does not.:)

I have to say for a couple of years I thought I would have my butt handed to me but slowly, a defensive victory here and there, led to finally going on offense and then the UK slowly became a steam-roller. However, had I not kept the SU in the War? I think The End would have been very, very different.;) More like The Burnt End. :cool:

Cheers from this Springtime Mid-West Sebas

Caught up now, whilst I'm sad Japan always defends its isles so poorly your Blitz invasion ws a joy to see. If they had scraped together a last-ditch defence, the Brits were more than ready for it.
a 15/15 flawless victory, wonderful! Thats better than what I managed in my USA game last time^^
Veteran Navy is virtually impossible to achieve, but you got damn close there.

It was a joy to follow this AAR, especially the working-out-of-a-shoebox first couple of years as you frantically fought the Axis and tried to catch up.
And yes, shoutout to the Red Army, without whom this libertion of Europe would not have been nearly as doable. As IRL :p

What a ride. I've been reading this for a while now, and I have to say, you often kept me on the edge of my seat with your daring tactics. Reaching 15/15 in 1943 with a 1939 start, as the UK, with finally little help from the US. You made the UK into an underdog and then proceeded to win the war. It's impressive to say the least, thanks for sharing and writing about this epic adventure.

I look forward to reading your future exploits, but if none are forthcoming I will be content to have read about this one.

What a ride. I've been reading this for a while now, and I have to say, you often kept me on the edge of my seat with your daring tactics. Reaching 15/15 in 1943 with a 1939 start, as the UK, with finally little help from the US. You made the UK into an underdog and then proceeded to win the war. It's impressive to say the least, thanks for sharing and writing about this epic adventure.

I look forward to reading your future exploits, but if none are forthcoming I will be content to have read about this one.
Thank you very much for that kind post. Glad you took a ride on the Motorway with the rest of the Generals.

I will most likely do another but not till the Fall. It seems I need to get a few things done in the real world.:D

"In The Meantime":D
I don't know if I will get any participants with this but since, if you followed this road with me, you know my style? Maybe you'll have now or later an idea of what country to play next time?

Major or Minor it's all good. Folks even if you've not posted a word to date...tis never too late. (purposed rhyme);)

All ideas are welcome and whatever is posted I can mull them over during the summer and see about a new tale to tell.

Meanwhile...A "Joyful & Safe Summer-17 of Sharing with your family & friends" to each of you.

"In The Meantime":D
I don't know if I will get any participants with this but since, if you followed this road with me, you know my style? Maybe you'll have now or later an idea of what country to play next time?

Major or Minor it's all good. Folks even if you've not posted a word to date...tis never too late. (purposed rhyme);)

All ideas are welcome and whatever is posted I can mull them over during the summer and see about a new tale to tell.

Meanwhile...A "Joyful & Safe Summer-17 of Sharing with your family & friends" to each of you.

Someone directly in the path of the Axis scripted assault. An Eastern European Minor.

Or, and this might be more fun, a completely random and out of the way country that has nothing to do with WW2 normally that involves itself at every turn and really pisses off the enemy with its tenacity (doesn't have to be effective tenacity either). Maybe a South American one?

As always, I demand a return to the once popular but now almost forgotten challenges defined as (Expensive hi-tech item starting with Letter) for (Micro-nation starting with same Letter).

So Battleships for Bhutan, Nukes for Nepal, Trans-sonic-jet-fighters for the Trans-Jordan or something really difficult like Self-Propelled-Rocket-Artillery for Slovakia. Licence building is cheating, obviously.

I know El Pip will see this, but ... Sweden? You had such fun in Norway during Motorway. It has a few Empire-building options. You'd probably have to do something about its starting neutrality (haven't checked but I imagine it's very high). A rogue Axis Canada that helps to take down the Allies (or has that been done before)? Maybe a Communist Italy (went the other way in twenties)?

If you do want to do something in South America, I'd recommend disabling the automatic US guarantee of independence for most (or is it all) of the countries there. I played a game as Brazil with doubled leadership, went Axis for the conquests, ended up taking pretty much all of the continent, but the Axis itself lost because the US entered the war too early. Once Germany and Japan surrendered, I was left as the Axis leader, but then had the combined Allies methodically take me down in a war of attrition.

If you played as Sweden, took over the whole of Scandinavia and then sat on your ass for the whole war because trading with a neutral power like that would be far easier and better than invading it (that goes for all factions, even the Soviets unless they aren't at war at all). So that might be interesting, because you have to play a balancing act whilst also attempting to be kingmaker to the faction that's paying you the most.

If you played as Sweden, took over the whole of Scandinavia and then sat on your ass for the whole war because trading with a neutral power like that would be far easier and better than invading it (that goes for all factions, even the Soviets unless they aren't at war at all). So that might be interesting, because you have to play a balancing act whilst also attempting to be kingmaker to the faction that's paying you the most.
Interesting, you'd have to be able to take down Finland, Denmark and Norway quickly, before Russia and Germany get involved. You could then bide your time (if left alone) and try to intervene on what you think the winning side would be.

My vote, play something you're going to lose/or think you're going to lose at least.
Challenges always make more interesting reads than just plain old execute plan till victory.

:D In this game, the USA still heavily-guarded their border with Mexico and spent all their time drinking Tequila in border-bars than ever thinking about WWII.
Historically, this is kind of what they they wanted to happen. Make sure UK wins the war so they don't have to fight it. ^^

Also hi, didn't even know you were here!

I know El Pip will see this, but ... Sweden?
Heathen. There is only one way Sweden should ever feature in an AAR and it has already been done;

Sorted.gif

Struck down with Great Vengeance and Furious Anger

I was going to say the netherlands, but then you'd be defending everywhere against overwhelming force without tanks, hardly any airforce and nothing bigger than a WW1 heavy cruiser. Good luck against japan with that

How about nationalist china? They can become a major player and are in the perfect spot to aid or fight all 3 factions

My vote, play something you're going to lose/or think you're going to lose at least.
Challenges always make more interesting reads than just plain old execute plan till victory.

Historically, this is kind of what they they wanted to happen. Make sure UK wins the war so they don't have to fight it. ^^

Also hi, didn't even know you were here!
:D

You've a message...now that my brain has recovered from my confused split-forum reaction. :)

To All: those are all worthy ideas. I've a lot to ponder.

As the summer-sun lengthens, you can come back and post any other ideas you may have.