• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Breaking down this list:

1. Do not like, just because it would take me ages to write updates. :)
2. I honestly think those characters are played out, and it seems like every AAR I start with them ends prematurely of late.
3-6. All very good ideas!
7. I have indeed done one already, but not with NNM. I'd need a hook to differentiate from past AARs.

Hooks:

3. Attempt to dominate colonialism, remove yourself from European affairs as much as you possibly can without just throwing it all to shit.
4. Prevent the unification of the HRE, support Protestantism, and get Austria to lose the Imperial status. All those things aside, try to survive to 1821 without amalgamating into Germany. (you can form Hanover, Westfalia, whatever it is, just no Germany or HRE.)
5. Scotland EU4, prevent the formation of Great Britain under English rule; or form it yourself. Try to dominate North America and stay allied to the Big Blue Blob.
6. Prussia Vic2 attempt to your best ability to achieve the Greater German solution plus Ostland from World War I. Infamy limit, schimfamy limit. Go big or go home.
7. Russia vs the World: Completely disregard the infamy cap and try to conquer as much as you can before the world kicks your teeth in.

I also support the idea of a UK HOI3 AAR. I am a huge fan of UK HOI3 AARs and unfortunately they tend to stall after a while.

As for the reverse chronological AAR, it has be done. There was a very interesting GER AAR from the perspective of a US time traveler, unfortunately it has been abandoned.

Last edited:
((As it seems to be most popular, and I like it too, we will proceed with the UK HOI AAR.))

Then that is what shall happen. :) I'm not sure when I'll start playing, but the CKII AAR has first priority on my scant time.

((As it seems to be most popular, and I like it too, we will proceed with the UK HOI AAR.))

Huzzah!

Very much looking forward to it, whenever it may come to fruition. :)

Davout, do you have a preference as far as gameplay vs. narrative vs. history book, stylistically?

EDIT: Also, any particular goals you want me to try to achieve?

Avindian, I will leave it to your discretion. It is hard to play the UK as other than reactive without appearing to have the benefit of hindsight. David Edgerton's "Britains' War Machine" could have been better written but his general argument is sound that the way the UK planned for the war was the optimum path given its position in the 1930's and that things more or less went to plan.

EDIT: As to style, History Book would be good but I am not prescribing any form as I have seen you write all different styles and have enjoyed them all. Although it would be good if you could get the Test cricket and Four Nation results in somewhere. There were some cracking Ashes series at the time.

Last edited:
Of course, you could always try to go Fascist and have Mosley lead Britain into a glorious new age. :p