• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, united we conquer, divided we are vanquished. A large front is what we need, rather than a hodge-podge collection of groups that are more interested in scoring points against each other on minor issues when they could be scoring points on major issues against the left.

"Well," Jim Sykes says. "If I remember my history classes, there was a time when the Conservative parties in Eutopia united together against the Left. This might be such a time.
"Remember though, all parties are in the embryonic stages. We may all find common ground and form one party. "

Eutopia Labor Party

The ELP is Eutopia's moderate party. We are the party for labor, for the workers, for the environment, and for the citizens of Eutopia. Our platform-

Welfare and the State

It is the responsibility of the state to look after the less fortunate, the ELP believes in moderate and responsible welfare and social projects.

Military

The ELP believes the Eutopian military is a defensive and security orientated force. The Cuban fiasco proved that Eutopia needs to worry more about her own safety then aggressive military action.

Taxes

Taxes are an unfortunate necessity. To rebuild Eutopia will take sacrifice, and though we feel that the private sector is important, the state must take an active role in building infrastructure and maintaining our country.

Environment

Eutopia's enivornment is vital to her survival. The government must act to protect our environment and enforce regulations and restrictions to keep Eutopia clean and safe.

Other issues to be developed.

Last edited:
For the first time since his statement of loyalty Admiral Tulp is seen in public.

"I, for one, think that the Right should be unified. However let us not move to fast. To many a times have unified efforts been rushed and shattered before they were effective. Let us see which of the parties on the right gain the most support and see how each of the parties evolve.

I will personally join the LDP once it's headquarters is established and I would like to say this to Per Garibaldi. As I see it we aren't the Levarge-Necrophile party. We see Levargism as an ideology. Like for example Leninism on the other end of the political sphere, offcourse we are better." The Admiral smiled. Then his face hardenend again.

"Per Cain, I have a question for you. How did the Cuban Hostilities prove that the Eutopian Military shouldn't do such type of operations? And I don't mean operations that go FUBAR because of the Executive Branch. Furthermore, who was aggresive the first, we or the Cubans?"

Admiral Tulp, while I do believe we had justification in our actions against Cuba, it also cost us dearly. The Eutopian military is not at fault, but how it was used. Think of the Eutopians who died, and the number of Cubans. The ELP believes this should be avoided. The commander and chief made grave mistakes in his actions, and his activities helped lead to the crisis which arose.

Levarge's control over the military let him succeed where your family has failed in the past, in removing the President from his position as Commander and Chief. The Eutopian military was not at fault, I repeat, but the actions of our executive and a military commander caused a great deal of problems, this must be avoided in the future.

"Firstly Per Cain, In my humble opinion the Cuba Hostilities have only proven that the Executive Branch should simply state the objective, which was in this case to oust Castor and liberate Cuba, and then let the Military do what it is trained to do. It also proved that a lack of trust in the Military in such matters is lethal. I was the highest ranking Military officer in theater and I didn't know the plans, didn't know the means.

Secondly, it is: a President, not the President. I seriously hope you are not blaming late General Levarge for the Cuban Mess. I can't see why your plans would stop the Military to take over in the future."

I do not blame Levarge for the mess in Cuba, I blame Levarge for the coup which arrested the democratically elected members of this government. Do you realize that General Levarge was not a particularly good man? when we were arrested he gave us three options. The first, a plane ticket to Switzerland, second, house arrest. The third option, he would remove us from Eutopia, permenently. His threats of murder towards those who did not accept him makes him no better then a dictator of any other kind.

I thank god violence did not errupt, because it would have been devestating. And I agree with you, the executive should be forced to state objectives, at least overall objectives. In my opinion, the executive should have to before the legislature in order to use a full military option.

What I envision, and this is of course just an idea, I would need the aid of men in the military to actually truly develop any real plan, is a large special forces army. Highly trained, but not extensively large. They would operate as CT, and defense purposes. I would also want to authorize a larger reserve force, to allow for any unforseen events, in which a large armed force is needed. The special forces would work on the ground, while a more advanced navy, used for defense, and an airforce based out of Eutopia, would be used to guard our borders.

No, this would not prevent men like Levarge from treason, but it would make it more difficult for a large scale military takeover from within.

"...and it would make it more easy for a large scale military takeover from outside.
Sir I will not stand here to discuss the late General Levarge with you. You have your opnion of him, I have mine.

I am happy that your idea is just that, an idea. It wouldn't work. Why? Because Special Forces don't win wars. The Military has been cut to allow the UPE to prosper, to develop. When we get more money to spend, we should enlarge the Military. We need boots on the ground. I am the Chieff of Staff of the Navy, I can not and will not guarentee Eutopia's safety from the sea, that cannot with 4 surface combat vessels.

A reserve force is just that, a reserve force. Keeping the Military on this level or, even worse, cutting it would put to much strain on that reserve force which would put a strain on the economy as well. Furthermore, a reserve force would never be able to compete with a full proffesional, all-round military force.

Keeping the Military small shouldn't be the way to prevent a military take-over..."

"I agree with Admiral Tulp.", remarked a grinning Garibaldi.

"Perhaps it was not the betrayal, or 'treason', as you put it of the military that should be focused on, but the betrayal of the elected officials, who betrayed the electorate and the military with their terrible policies and broken promises. General Levarge cut the military budget. A general. That would be like Gonzov or the late President Sergei cutting welfare and privatizing state industries. Levarge did what was best for Eutopia, and he was shot for it. How many government officials did Levarge actually kill? My guess is none, Per Cain."

Garibaldi then turned his nose the Labor party man.

"Admiral Tulp, while I do admire you greatly, your words confuse me. There is no LDP to speak of. There's the LDL and the EDP. I assume you mean the LDL, and if that is the case, then I am glad to see it. They are a good party, and if not the CURE, that is where I would like to see people go. A vote for the EDP, however, is as good as a vote for Per Cain."

"A mere slip of the tongue Per Garibaldi. And I assume that a vote for the EDP is a vote for Per Cain as he is the founder of it isn't it? Anyway, does anyone know how things are with the Constitutional Convention? I personally can't participate in the discussions..."

Braxton is walking by and over hears the conversation

"What is wrong with you Mr Garibaldi are people not allowed to have to same view's as you. Just look at the banter between you and Gonzov they are not papers but simply mediums of you and him to have a go at each other, If you and Him have some sort of feud sort it out in a genltemanly and civil way. Oh and Adrimal Tulp the EDP is run by per Hapsburg while per Cain is running the ELP"

Cestius111 said:

"What is wrong with you Mr Garibaldi are people not allowed to have to same view's as you. Just look at the banter between you and Gonzov they are not papers but simply mediums of you and him to have a go at each other, If you and Him have some sort of feud sort it out in a genltemanly and civil way. Oh and Adrimal Tulp the EDP is run by per Hapsburg while per Cain is running the ELP"
"Major Braxton, isn't Garibaldi allowed to discuss with people who have other opinions then himselve? He is a politician, isn't he supposed to discuss with people and try sway them to his side?"

Admiral, Per von Hapsburg founded the EDP, I founded, and oh how we love our acronyms, the ELP, the Eutopian Labor Party.

Cestius111 said:

"Ah well, you see it is time for me to get more involved in politics as I have stayed out to long...."

Your Point in a vaild one but they are news papers they are suppose to give us new I know that they are interesting to read by does it not strike you ask a tad childish as these grown men have to resort to name calling and the like

"Ya know, it was alot easier when there was only General Levarge." Admiral Tulp laughed...

Cestius111 said:
Your Point in a vaild one but they are news papers they are suppose to give us new I know that they are interesting to read by does it not strike you ask a tad childish as these grown men have to resort to name calling and the like
"Discussion is discussion, furthermore, the public should know how the Pers think of the various matters..."

But have'ny you seen that most of the are articles are just them saying that he said so ans so and then Gonzov say that wrong and visa versa.

Cestius111 said:
But have'ny you seen that most of the are articles are just them saying that he said so ans so and then Gonzov say that wrong and visa versa.
"Well Major Braxton..." The Admiral Smiled.

"Isn't that a discussion?"

Colonel Bradstreet then speaks up,

I agree with Admiral Tulp and Per Garibaldi. And as for the Convention, proceedings have come to a stand-still. At break, we were discussing the powers of the legislature.