• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just curious. Why is Tibet ruled by an Archbishop? Did something untoward happen to the Tibetan God-King the Dalai-Lama? Did he start chatting to a western missionary only to remember some pressing business on the other side of Universe and just popped out for a few centuries?

The Bengalis are not going to welcome this unexpected warlike move from a nation that hasn't said boo to a goose (okay; yak) in half a millenium.

The Giant fighting Buddha attacks!

haha nice humour :D

remember that Buddha is eatin people, and feedhi with infidels would be the best to do, remember to convert the survivors to Llamas

Tibet AARs always turn out well, don't they?
I like what I've seen this far, so keep up the good work mr Anonymous4401!

Best hijacking ever. Gundam protagonists could learn a thing or two from you, anonymous4401.

anonymous4401 said:
This happened Oct 1455. Yes these dates don't fit the story shut up.

And the day after that, he turned Tibet's national consciousness to that of a crusader state, raised a mercenary army, and declared war on the nation of Bengal.

Hey I didn't say anything. :D

Now the action really begins? :D

Joe

"This is madness!" shouted Ngawang Nyamgal Tashi as he whittled yet another wooden yak. Having carved yaks for years now, he no longer needed to even look at where his hands place the knife. Instead he could focus on staring at Andrew Warden with the most disapproving glare. "There is absolutely no reason to go to war with Bengal!"

eu331lr5.jpg

"He is right," spoke Archbishop Trakpa Chunge. "For as the Buddha has said, blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."

"But we do have a reason!" countered Andrew Warden. "They are of the Hindu faith, and now that our nation's very ideal is to conquer the world in the name of the Buddha, that is reason enough!"

"He is right," spoke Archbishop Trakpa Chunge. "For as the Buddha has said, I come not to bring peace but a sword."

"And about that!" Tashi was whittling furiously now. "I don't really like the fact that you just came in here and changed the entire focus of our nation just like that. The people started to lose faith in us and yak production went down! Besides, I liked our old national idea of mandatory church attendance."

eu330bm3.jpg

"He is right," spoke Archbishop Trakpa Chunge. "For as the Buddha has said, the Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: Therefore the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

"And you're not helping!" yelled Tashi, this time at the Archbishop. "Besides, I don't think the Buddha has ever even said those-"

"Stop."

Everyone turned to look at the man who just interrupted, one Tensho Shubun, who was facing them from a corner while painting a picture on the easel.

"Please, stop your arguing. Here." He turned the easel around to show what he was painting. It was a picture of three yaks of different colors, who were sitting around a prayer mat much in the same way Tashi, Trakpa, and Andrew were.

"The red one," he indicated it, "looms large. It is quite angry, and pines for the old ways. The yellow one is small. It is not very smart, but it means well, and is very agreeable. The gray one in the middle, his ideas are strange. But they both sit on the same mat, and the mat is balanced on the world. These three yaks have their differences, and sometimes they seem so great so that they cannot be overcome, but they must work together to achieve balance, lest they fall off."

"You are right, Master Shubun." Tashi was contrite. "Though Mochitoyo Tokugawa has gone far outside the boundaries of his office to borrow from foreign creditors in order to raise a mercenary army to fight this war, a war that was declared on his initiative by the changing of the national ethos which was also on his initiative, we would be better served if we worked together to win this war rather than argue."

eu329eu7.jpg

"What? No, that is not what I meant. I just wanted to show you all my latest painting. It is a nice painting, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is a nice painting," agreed Trakpa.

"Oh and by the way, Archbishop," said Shubun. "As the Archbishop, shouldn't you be leading the army that is marching into Koch this very minute?"

"Why yes, I should!" said Trakpa, getting up hurriedly.

"And shouldn't you be going too, Tashi? As the highest-ranking advisor."

"Yes, I suppose I should," he grunted. He also got up, and followed Trakpa, still carving that yak.

eu332gy0.jpg

When they were gone, Andrew rose and walked up to the painter, who had resumed painting.

"Uh, thanks for all of that, Master Shubun."

"It is no problem. And do not worry. I will maintain the fiction that my home nation has allied to Tibet, and agreed to join in this faraway, inconsequential war."

eu333rg5.jpg

"Here." He turned around the easel once more. "Do you know why the yak that represents you is gray?"

Andrew shook his head.

"It is because you are a mystery. I do not know why you pretend to be a diplomat, especially one from my homeland. I know even less why you have done all of these actions just discussed. But I do know that you have in mind the best interest of this strange nation of yak-herders that I had decided to retire in. And besides." He smiled. "Painting yaks on snowy mountainsides does get quite boring. And thanks to yourself, I will soon have things much more interesting to paint."

"I'm not sure about this whole war business, Trakpa," said Ngawang Nyamgal Tashi as the Archbishop and the advisor took a nice leisurely yakback stroll on the outskirts of Koch.

"What bothers you about it, Tashi?"

"Well for starters, what about the fact that this war was started and encouraged by the two Japanese advisors we hired. Advisors, by the way, that we left in charge of all of Tibet when we came here?"

"The Japanese are a very direct and honest people, Tashi. We have nothing to fear from them. Though the Buddha has never said anything about the Japanese. I think he said something about the Samaritans once though."

"What's a Samaritan?"

"I don't know."

"Well you'd think that- Anyway, that's not the only thing I have a problem with. Do you remember the battle we had here about four months ago?"

"Do I ever!" Archbishop Trakpa grew starry eyed as he stared off in the distance and reminisced. "They were only two hundred in number, a pathetic force compared to the four thousand strong we had raised! And they were completely unprepared for our attack, and surrendered immediately, but we gave them no quarter as we slaughtered them with arrows! Their cries were most pathetic as they beat on the walls of their own fortress begging for entrance! I never realized war could be so fun!"

EU3_34.jpg

"That's exactly it, Trakpa. Our excuse for this war was that we were the followers of the Buddha and the Bengalis were not. But were our actions what Buddha would have wanted?"

"Well, the Buddha has said that we should turn the other cheek. But the Buddha also once told his followers to sell their cloaks to buy swords. So he has said things that could be interpreted either way on whether we should do violence in the name of Buddha."

"And that's another thing! Are you sure the Buddha has even ever said those things? It really doesn't make any sense that he would!"

"Hey now!" Trakpa halted his yak to stare at Tashi steadily. "I'm the Archbishop of Tibet! And as the Archbishop I'd think I would know the most about such spiritual matters!"

"And that's yet another thing! This whole 'Archbishop' thing doesn't make any sense at all in the context of our nation! Are you sure that you're even-"

"Archbishop!" Tashi was interrupted by a rider that was now approaching them, message in hand. "Archbishop!" he repeated when he got closer. "Regiment leader Ting has a message for you. Would you like to hear it?"

"Why yes I would, messenger!"

"Archbishop, the additional service of message courier comes with a surcharge of .2 ducats. Do you accept?"

Trakpa looked at him crossly. "Fine." He grumbled under his breath, "Lousy mercenaries."

"Archbishop, our regiment has just passed through the Peguan province of Vanga and have captured Chittagong without a fight. They are returning now and can be expected to be able to join an attack on the Bengal capital at a moment's notice."

EU3_38.jpg

"Excellent!" said Trakpa. He then pointed towards Koch. "That means that once we're done with this siege we can move on to Bangala itself, for another siege that will last just as long if not longer! And after that we can go to Pandua for yet another siege, and after that finally demand terms!"

"Uh, Archbishop. That's not a fortress, that's just a mountain. There might be enemy soldiers in there but they would just be living in caves even if they were. Anyways it's not preventing you from seizing the city of Koch in any way."

"Oh, really?" He looked at Tashi, who just shrugged. "Well, I guess we can declare this siege over. Sorry, we're really new at this whole 'warfare' business. Though I have enjoyed what we've experienced of it so far!"

"Not a problem, Archbishop. By the way, consultation services are 2.7 ducats."

EU3_39.jpg

Woohoo, a Tibet AAR ! Let's conquer the world !

You can never be wrong when you have your bet on Tibet. :)

High-jacking the OP's thread makes this aar pure spam. :mad:

But very amusing spam it has to be said. :D

Well when Andrew completes his mission he'll be able to explain to his class why this is the Age of Enlightenment.

NAMO BUDDHAYĀ