• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

50shadesofgreen

First Lieutenant
Nov 5, 2018
So I had this strategy as France to take advantage of the Spanish Civil War.
I thought I would just declare war on the Nationalists and steal a few juicy territories from them. So I am not allied in any way with the Republican side, but any territory I take from the Nats goes to Republican control.

So I am helping one side win, though not meaning to. I can't supply my units efficiently but more importantly I am not growing MY empire.

Is this just an issue with this war, I don't recall it happening elsewhere? I can't think if a work around without resorting to cheat codes.

I remember trying to claim some of Spain with Italy. It was difficult to even get into Spain from Italy, and ultimately didn't hold. The SCW is apparently a scripted event that doesn't account for anything but scripted results.

It's to do with the underlying ownership of the province. The "big" flag in the province picture.

As an outside invader, if I take one owned by Republicans that was under Nationalist control it will default to Rep. I can only hold the ones that were originally Nationalist and thus have the Nat flag in the province window.

So only about half of Nat Spain is open to me. (ie half of half of Spain!). I'm needing a few coastal provinces to be Nat flagged for my war to be worthwhile.

• 1Like
Reactions: