• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I find it odd where they use historiacal build times but the Allies do not have the capability to match the historical army sizes due to the build times of tanks and divisions. USA built something like 30 carriers which you can do in darkest hour but its in addition to mobilising millions of men, building 40-50k planes,30k tanks paratroops and transport planes.. The German army was something like 2 million men with a peak of 8 million. Soviets hit 13 million in the armed forces IIRC. In darkest hour you could probably build 30 essex class carriers but you will suffer in terms of army and airforce size. I don't really expect HoI to be to historically accurate though its just odd that they have tried to use historical construction times that kinda gimp everyone but nt historicalconstruction times for other stuff. Germans could riase a division in 6 weeks though in DH terms thats probably a militia unit or something (historical volksgrenadier late 44).

Yes I'm aware that the historical D-Day used 7 divisions on the 1st day, Germany uses ahistorical amounts of men in France though. Compared to AoD/vanilla HoI you get gimped in manpower until the war breaks out but then get a massive flood (5000mp) that you can't really use due to build times. They added new tech teams requiring more research but didn't add more tech slots like AoD and very few new tech teams with relevent fields.

They added new tech teams requiring more research but didn't add more tech slots like AoD and very few new tech teams with relevent fields.

I would point out that adding new tech slots in beyond simple to mod and is fully supported by the interface. I sort of like the five tech team limit, but if you don't it's un-believably easy to change.

I find it odd where they use historiacal build times but the Allies do not have the capability to match the historical army sizes due to the build times of tanks and divisions. USA built something like 30 carriers which you can do in darkest hour but its in addition to mobilising millions of men, building 40-50k planes,30k tanks paratroops and transport planes.. The German army was something like 2 million men with a peak of 8 million. Soviets hit 13 million in the armed forces IIRC. In darkest hour you could probably build 30 essex class carriers but you will suffer in terms of army and airforce size. I don't really expect HoI to be to historically accurate though its just odd that they have tried to use historical construction times that kinda gimp everyone but nt historicalconstruction times for other stuff. Germans could riase a division in 6 weeks though in DH terms thats probably a militia unit or something (historical volksgrenadier late 44).

Yes I'm aware that the historical D-Day used 7 divisions on the 1st day, Germany uses ahistorical amounts of men in France though. Compared to AoD/vanilla HoI you get gimped in manpower until the war breaks out but then get a massive flood (5000mp) that you can't really use due to build times. They added new tech teams requiring more research but didn't add more tech slots like AoD and very few new tech teams with relevent fields.

1) Did you test the game and compared the results with the historical figures?
2) USA did mobilize millions but the actual number of divisions was less then 100. See here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Army_divisions_during_World_War_II