• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's the finished version of Magna Mundia, of course.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
That's because this is the real Victoria III (not the prank one that was released)

• 8Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Goods that actually matter, instead of just generating production income
Production chains.
Pops.
Totally different trade.
Pops with multiple cultures and religions
Levies
Armies that actually consume goods, not just money

And so on and so on.

Until we reach a point where this is not EU anymore, but something.. much bigger.

if amount deviation from previous title can make it another title rather than next installment of the same IP, then victoria 3 is def not victoria 3 and should be given new name

It's some sort of Frankensteinian monster combining elements of Victoria, Crusader Kings, Imperator, Europa Universalis and most likely some other Paradox/non-Paradox games!

Somehow, reading this forum gives me a feeling that this will be something different. Love child of Johan, called Mundi Universalis or something similar

I'm giddy with excitement!
It feels like it will be a new IP with majority of features taken from EU, but a lot of new stuff, indeed! Very excited!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Considering that this sub-forum is almost the highest popular one in this forum, with hundreds of posts under each TT, it’s very unlikely to be cancelled now.

So we may be much closer to the answer unless JOhan wants to keep playing this game. It’s kinda funny honestly speaking so I won’t say no to this.

I'm 90% certain it is EU5 but it is the biggest leap froma previous instalment in terms of game mechanics and depth and quality any DPX game has ever had I would so. If it wasnt the whole EU4 team working on it, I would actually believe it is a new IP. It obviously isn't as they are not gonna have the whole EU4 team working in a new PDX title while nobody works on the actual EU4/ EU5.

But yeah, big ballsy move, cudos to PDX for going back to its roots and push the limits of innovation and simulation and complexity. I had almost given up hope on PDX and thought it had become the Sid Mayers that I ran away from when I discovered PDX back when EU3 released.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't care what it's called I just want to play it, give me a beta key please
Same, I wonder how much pickled herring or whatever else the Swedes consume do I need to bribe donate to get the beta key...

It is obviously EU5 for all intents and purposes, but honestly I wouldn’t be shocked if they branded it with a different name. Not that it really matters, at the end of the day, as long as we don’t have wartime occupation displayed as transparent repeating flags over a region, or the US going from chattel slavery in 1836 to abolishing slavery by 1837 and abolishing racism by 1838, I’ll be happy.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: