• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have two questions: 1)Are you guys still accepting players? and 2)Did you decide on using DV? I don't have a lot of MP experience (just some small LAN games) but I enjoyed reading the Great Game and I'd like to join if that's alright.

Hi Lenin, you are most certainly welcome to join. Don't worry about a lack of experience; Crusader Kings MP is like sex, everybody has to learn sometime! Well, actually, I did read somewhere that about 0.1% of all adults never have sex; but that's rather sad to contemplate. So, don't be like those sad people, play with us!

:D

:D

Stupid vBulletin, if I only post a smiley it doesn't convert to pic.

Personally I think it might be a bit premature to make rules on the succession laws as in DV there may be more disadvantages to salic laws and maybe even advantages to the laws like gavelkind. The same goes for things like religious wars that are getting completely overhauled.

If things don't change, then I guess I'd go for not allowing salic succession, but with a limit on the number of assassinations.

Have fun
Finn

Jarkko, I'm going to ignore that insulting slander for now, please refrain from posting something like that again (bin, you're pushing it too). Now, I'd be happy to see you play in this game, I see no reason why you shouldn't (despite me being the incarnation of Lucifer, etc. etc.).

Also, I'd like the atmosphere in this game to support AARs with heavy emphasis on storytelling rather than simply saying "I did this, then I did that, then I invaded France, then I did this." I think there's nothing better in MP than an intertwining story telling the complex history of multiple nations over a 900 year period.

If i got elective laws on, and i dont get someone on my family to suceed me, does the game crash, or do i get booted out of the game? What happens?

Sorry for the silly question but i wanted to know. :)

Like sex, eh?* ... Well in that case count me in! :D Is the player-country list on the first page correct or have we not chosen countries yet?

*(What I wouldn't give for an "eye-brow raise" smiley at times like this *shakes head sadly*)

BurningEGO said:
If i got elective laws on, and i dont get someone on my family to suceed me, does the game crash, or do i get booted out of the game? What happens?

Sorry for the silly question but i wanted to know. :)

You would be booted from that session in the same way that happens when your tag changes, for example when a Duke becomes a King. That is, you can't give orders or talk to anyone, because the engine thinks you're an AI. This is because in SP you would continue playing as the next-most-powerful member of your family, who is likely to be a duke somewhere. So in practice, we would just rehost as soon as we realised what had happened.

The player-list on the first page is, I think, rather out of date. There is a better one somewhere around page 11 (or thereabouts), and a discussion of what countries can be taken on page 4, or was it 9? We really should gather all the useful posts together at some point. Anyway, why don't you tell us what you'd like to play, bearing in mind that anything more powerful than Norway is out, and we'll tll you if it's taken. :)

Jarkko, I'm going to ignore that insulting slander for now, please refrain from posting something like that again (bin, you're pushing it too).
No need to resort to threats. Everyone has right of expressing his own opinion.

binTravkin said:

To the point of insulting someone?

Also KoM, once i am able to claim a king title, what should i do? Claim it and wait till you guys rehost or?

binTravkin said:

What threats? I simply said that Jarkko insulted me and that you're very close to it (pushing it=just about going over the line).

BurningEGO said:
Also KoM, once i am able to claim a king title, what should i do? Claim it and wait till you guys rehost or?

Yes, basically. It would be helpful to warn us "I'm about to become King of Blah" beforehand, though. We would rehost as soon as your title changed, bt if we didn't know about it, it might take a little while. :)

By the way, the election is over and it seems we have very democratically elected ourselves a dictatorship. There remains the question of who is to be dictator. Shall we have another election, with the runner-up as deputy? For myself,

Vote Lurken

Vote Lurken...

Though having this many things voted on seems strange. I suppose CK games shall have to be run different than regular EU2 games.

I am interested in joining this game, as Duke of Brittany, but I am entirely unsure of the house rules (despite having just read the entire thread :eek: ). Also, the amount of weird voting and regime changes going on in this thread makes me think it was created far too early :p

This game would be at 10.00 AM CST right? That works fine for me.

If someone could list the current house rules that'd be great.

I was thinking one of the Russian Principalities if there isn't someone over there already. And a summary/recap post would be great; like danimoth I've read thru a bunch of the thread but am still a little confused as to what's going on. There's a lot of OT stuff to wade thru.

I thank you for you confidence KoM and Sterk. If you all choose me, I will do my best, and hug you a lot.

I'm in Paris at the moment and my tubes are all wireless and a bit dodgy; I'll have a go at listing the house rules when I get back to Rome. And I think I agree, the thread was created a bit early. But then again, it has clearly spawned lots of interest!

Maybe start an actual game thread with title like "DV: There Will Be Wars" and put the roster and other important stuff on the very first post.

binTravkin said:
Maybe start an actual game thread with title like "DV: There Will Be Wars" and put the roster and other important stuff on the very first post.
Seconded.