• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How about 2 or 3 of something like this.

Code:
event = { 
	id = XXXX
	random = no 
	country = USA

trigger = { 
		random = 5
		war = { country = USA  country = CHC }

}

name = "US National Guard Mobilization."
	desc = "With the declaration of war with China it became apparent more troops would be needed. With congressional approval the president ordered the mobilization of the National Guard."

style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = XXXX }
	offset = 30 
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = XXXX }

action_a = {
		name = "Form up the National Guard."
		command = { type = add_division which = infantry value = artillery when = 122 } #28. Keystone Division
		command = { type = add_division which = infantry value = artillery when = 181 } #29. Blue and Grey Division
		command = { type = add_division which = infantry value = artillery when = 124 } #42. Rainbow Division 
		command = { type = supplies value = -6000 } #old war stock
	}

action_b = {
		name = "No, Do not call up the Guard."
		command = { }
	}
}

Originally posted by vcarter707
i remember a while back when there was some talk that the reserves wre going to be deployed some liberals complained about how were in a "quagmire" and thus dissent rose. I am starting to hate that word btw

Yeah, well, honestly, a few liberals complaining isn't going to raise the dissent. There is always a conservative or a liberal complaining, and "dissent" doesn't always rise, does it? :D

poppy7143 said:
Are national guards going to be militia? and will there also be reservists callup events?

National Guards will be infantry, but only usuable when the main war starts. We'll have some reservist events eventually too. I mean, unless there is a reason not to do an event, I imagine it'll be in there eventually.

Yeah if youve ever played TGW mod at the beggining they had a massive mobilization and in a case of a war with china that wouldnt be out of the question. Also will you start of like in TGW mod with a tiny manpower pool (50 or so)

poppy7143 said:
Yeah if youve ever played TGW mod at the beggining they had a massive mobilization and in a case of a war with china that wouldnt be out of the question. Also will you start of like in TGW mod with a tiny manpower pool (50 or so)

we are going to start with small manpower pools so countries cant build up 100s of divisions before the war begins

generalbob said:
How about a 'State of the Union Adress' event for the U.S.? I would be willing to write it, although I would need someone else to code it.
Also, is there anything similar to the State of the Union in countries like the U.K. and France?

Sounds good we'll take almost any event.

Reserve Fleet

In case of war with china is there going to be a reserve fleet call up event. There are ships in the James river in case of a war with the old soviet union and they are still there or what about the recommissioning of the Missouri class battleships.

texasnick123 said:
In case of war with china is there going to be a reserve fleet call up event. There are ships in the James river in case of a war with the old soviet union and they are still there or what about the recommissioning of the Missouri class battleships.

Yes we are going to have an event about the recommisioning of the Iowa class battleship
We will probabale have a event to call up the reserve fleet

War with china??

Seeing at how the country reacts with only a few casulaties the people already ready to get rid of the president. I think with every 100 or so casulaties there should be a dissendent rise what do you think?