• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm going for a Ceylon world conquest, but instead of cheese I cheat. I modded in a special tech group, religion, culture, and government for tech superiority. Plus a special monarch and heir. But then I hobbled myself because fuck anything but all out war. It turns out it takes like 70 years through straight war to go from Ceylon to the entirety of India even with being able to get tech 20 years ahead of even the most powerful western European nations. The Indians can't stop me except by truces and combined with coalitions making it impossible to conquer shit without massive stab hits plus huge core costs.

Later on I will play a legit game but with chaos magic, dark magic is too orderly for true supremacy. Its probably not possible to do but you have inspired me to try.

I really don't like how its easier to WC in fucking Vicky2 than in EU4. They added a metric crapton of cheese themselves to prevent us from having any fun but we shall have glorious world supremacy fun despite them! We shall defeat you Paradox!!!!!!!!

This is more gamey than a badly done venison steak. Except this isn't badly done. (or made of venison, or a steak, I suppose..)

I basically freaked out when I saw your screenshot of completed TTM achievement back in EU3, hoping to do the same here.

Does anyone know how that achievement made it in the list in the first place? Is there a story behind it or just the developers thought: "Let's choose the (in our eyes) least possible country to finish a WC with."
I always thought it has been added due to the succesfull WC with Ryukyu by the one trying again now :rolleyes: - is that right?

Does anyone know how that achievement made it in the list in the first place? Is there a story behind it or just the developers thought: "Let's choose the (in our eyes) least possible country to finish a WC with."
I always thought it has been added due to the succesfull WC with Ryukyu by the one trying again now :rolleyes: - is that right?

That would mean the devs caught wind of it while the AAR (Everything I did in EU3 ...) was already going on, then patched the achievement in in time for him to get it ;) It's been there before, though I don't know why. Probably, as you said, because it's so extremely hard.

Nope. This was an achievement in DW, before Paradox Connect was taken offline, and was definitely there before Jake finished it. Back before DW came out Ryukyu was widely regarded to be impossible to play (along with Maldives) due to day 1 DoWs 100% of games. DW changed this a bit by making Ryukyu start under the protection of Ming, but I guess because of the legacy Paradox decided to add the achievement in. The achievement is in EU4 because the vast majority of the EU4 achievements are just the Divine Wind achievements.

After DW the most impossible country to do a WC with would probably be Arakan or Bar. (In EU4, Arakan is considerably easier to play and Bar doesn't exist)

Nope. This was an achievement in DW, before Paradox Connect was taken offline, and was definitely there before Jake finished it. Back before DW came out Ryukyu was widely regarded to be impossible to play (along with Maldives) due to day 1 DoWs 100% of games. DW changed this a bit by making Ryukyu start under the protection of Ming, but I guess because of the legacy Paradox decided to add the achievement in. The achievement is in EU4 because the vast majority of the EU4 achievements are just the Divine Wind achievements.

After DW the most impossible country to do a WC with would probably be Arakan or Bar. (In EU4, Arakan is considerably easier to play and Bar doesn't exist)

Bar is in a very easy position, once you just played your cards right against either France or Burgundy. Western tech and early expansion options into Europe make it quite easy after the first big wars.
Hardest are always island OPMs that are outside western techgroup; worst combination pagan nonwestern island OPM, aka Ruykyu.

Ryuthulhu? Well, even if Ryukyu is not the representative of Cthulhu on earth, the puny catholics doesn't have a chance! :D What's your tech like, btw, and what, if any, idea group did you pick, and what is overextension like? :D

Overextension is at a managable level. I took Tibetan provinces because they have awful basetax so are quick to core. I need to have a superior number of provinces compared to my vassals or else they get all up in my face about it and refuse to be integrated. I don't know if they will ever declare war from feeling superior, but I dare not take the risk.

As for tech? I should have picked exploration, but I went diplomatic. Fortunately, the Ryukyun dynasty, regents included, are descendents of god and have all had incredible ADM, allowing me to reach ADM 7 in time. I got my conquistador and, well, more to come about that.

The little black flags. The exiled troops can march into terra incognita without a conquistador? That is interesting.

EDIT: Maybe the point is not about the conquistador (seeing you could have got the exploration ideas now). But the exiled troops bit is already impressive.

Mmm~ not quite

This is exploitative gameyness at a scale so grand that it is almost beautiful.

I play only by the rulebook written by paradox.

i8mmzCQh.jpg

Vassals annex very, very quickly. Xi had reclaimed almost all of her cores and I felt her use had expired.

e2Pod3hh.jpg

I let me WE cool off to a degree before snagging land off of Aragon. It was a very long war but I fought it at the right time. Everyone still had Men At Arms which are on par with my offensive eastern foot troops. I made sure Castile occupied their own lands so that in the peace deal, the cost to my own diplomatic points were low. I had hoped that Aragon would be so crushed that Castilian revolts would break them but sadly, they were too powerful and bounced back fairly quickly.

gtBZrBwh.jpg

I'm sorry Portugal, your time as an independent nation is Ogre.

---​

I'm waiting for black magic report!

Okay, here is reveal #1 of many. Spoilered for those who would rather not know

Exiled troops. There are a few ways to get them. End a war with them inside another nation, lose military access from a nation that they are situated in or even sell land which they were in. Exiled troops remain exiled until they land in a province controlled by you or someone you have military access from.

While exiled, the troops will not fight. Not enemies, not rebels, not natives, they are simply invincible to all but attrition. They make excellent spies to lift fog of war and can walk on any land. I had thought that they could even walk through Terra Incognito but sadly, that does require a conquistador. None the less, I used them to "island hop" most of the way West.

So what can you do with exiled troops? After some initial testing, me and the guys who fought against Rome along side me in the quest for Pink set out to see what could be done with them. We had hoped that the AI could be fooled by them and develop a "black curtain" tactic but the AI was having none of it. For a while these exiled troops were looking a bit useless, until we saw that they loot.

Invincible troops, and they loot.

If you are a dev and reading this, there's one for the bug list. Also, say hi!

That's all for now. I have a massive red beast and a big blue blob to dismantle.

Last edited:
You reveal your first and probably less bad eh... rule book extension and it is already on an epic scale

Not only are you entertaining us all with your amazing EUIV feats, but you're also providing valuable bug reports for Paradox. :p

And there i was proud about blobbing Africa and Arabia as Najd. Damn this is some evil wizardry going on.

TqPN7y7h.jpg

8Baz0kth.jpg

Breaking up the Big Blue Blob is something that must be done in every EU game. They managed to get 3 colonies in Africa and 1 in the Caribbean but I'm not too concerned, their back is broken.

I won't feel safe until I manage to secure a steady border in Europe, a line from Calais to Provence would do, because I cannot recruit any mercs in Europe and I'm not keen on using my precious manpower too much over there. I'm trying to snake my way West at the same time so I can simple march my mercs over there but, man, these coalitions! European troops are now getting far superior to mine and although Portugal and Castile can punch hard, Guyenne has tech levels of about 5-5-5. What a pain.

eQipbtLh.jpg

I had so much ADM that I was able to get my 3rd idea. Defensive! We need to do something about that -50% fort defense that animists get.

Last edited: