"The Sun Over The (Title)" Drought Events Overpowered; Rain Ritual Events Should Not Be Available to Roman Catholic, Other Foreign Conquerors

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kaczynskisatva

Second Lieutenant
Sep 2, 2021
I had previously had half of a mind to turn Socotra into a Khazar merchant republic, but the "The Sun Over The (Title)" drought event which fires for this province, and for a bunch of other south African provinces with nothing of interest in them, compels me to keep it just for the rapid-fire opportunity to gain Zealous for free - a trait which, previously, a good many number of heliocentric research findings years in their making have been burned in order to acquire the awesome, prestigious and suicidal power of dueling the excommunicated.

Owning this province also fires an event which allows me to engage in... rain-making rituals?

This is, perhaps, appropriate for players with appropriate religion and culture, such as any African culture, or African religion, or with: Nestorian or Miaphysite, or a heresy thereof, and Bedouin culture, to accommodate the Bedouin Nestorian inhabitants at the earliest start date, and with a local culture and religion matching these requirements.

However, I think that at some point along the road of having a Roman, Catholic administration of Socotra, and having civilized the province to Roman, the quaint local particularities of rain-making rituals would likely be lost, and so the ability to engage in these rituals should no longer be available for the player.

I would also imagine that Arabic, Muslim owners of these drought provinces - their more likely foreign conquerors - would also lose access to these shamanistic events.

Upvote 0