The Stresemann Legacy - An ahistorical mod for Darkest Hour

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I red this notice but I won't make the same mistake like earlier and plan more features than I have intended. When Republican-Germany and Europe is finished then I can look for Communist Germany.

Last edited:
I red this notice but I won't make the same mistake like earlier and plan more features than I have intended. When Republican-Germany and Europe is finished then I can look for Communist Germany.

Why not just use the Communist Germany mod?

Ironic that a democratic Germany has much more chances of achieving lebensraum, what with the need to liberate Eastern Europe from Soviet Union occupation.

Well, it really doesn't, but there's a tendency to masterbate about how if only we could get cool Germans to kill tons of Soviet faceless hordes, it'd be neat!

My mod for a monarchy in Germany is dead,if you wanna some events about the Kaiser I can send to you :)

New information - all concerning to Germany

- You can take several decisions to make the republic stronger against its enemies. You can introduce e.g an cartel office or an office for the protection of the Reich's constitution.
- If you want to play the joker against the right-whing politicans, you can replace the Reichspräsident by the legal heir of the Germany Monarchy - Wilhelm III. Thus you need an majority for this, you have to deal with demands by the social democrats.
- If the republic has stabilized enough, you can try to prohibite the two extremist parties NSDAP and KPD. If you manage to do that, the risk of coups by the extremist left or right is considerable smaller than before.

- During the German civil war Hitler can return from Austra to take the lead of the fascists. But if they fail anyway, the danger is high that Hitler gets catched by the police. Then you have to decide, what you want to do with him.
- [Planned] Italy, Russia and France can intervene into the German civil war. Not directly but they can send volunteers and material. If a nation intervenes, the chance is higher, to get Germany as an ally in future conflicts.

@Gukpa.
No, thanks. I have worked out the most and I want to make every decision has its pro and contra.

@EmperorWillham
Austria can intervene but not fight directly against the republic.

- If you want to play the joker against the right-whing politicans, you can replace the Reichspräsident by the legal heir of the Germany Monarchy - Wilhelm III. Thus you need an majority for this, you have to deal with demands by the social democrats.

Wouldn't restoring the Monarchy be a Right-Wing thing? I'm just thinking of the DNVP here... also too, would the German Monarchy be able to buddy up with the West still and fight against the Bolshevik hordes?

Well just an ideal of European integration against commies in 1930s is pretty cool...But I wonder if the SU will get some boosts(IC,army...) or it will start going more an more belligerent...perhaps conquering Asia,Finland or so...and getting ergo more and more dangerous for Europa.

Wouldn't restoring the Monarchy be a Right-Wing thing? I'm just thinking of the DNVP here... also too, would the German Monarchy be able to buddy up with the West still and fight against the Bolshevik hordes?

DNPV is Right Wing conservative,creating a liberal monarchy with DNVP will be weird.

This sounds awesome. Very much looking forward to this. Actually being much more shackled to Versailles should put a dent in some players' plans and force them to think differently, and the three-way free-for-all civil war is going to be fun to play, I bet.

This mod idea is simply fascinating!

First of all I like to idea of a German civil war, while most scenarions and mods concentrate on conquering your neighbours.

Please keep on working! I´m definitely waiting to try your mod and give feedback! :D