• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good little update!

It still seems the Allies underestimate the forces of The Empire of Japan. It seems a group of men have some extremely thick skulls.:p

As for our asylum-seeking friend, he may have to get used to a life with a religion once again.;)

And just a few days ago I thought "Wouldn't it be nice to once again have one of those Allied-Meeting updates?". As an added bonus they always spark a host of hilarious comments, too ... except for this one.

Somehow I think, despite the talk, the Allies will all go home to their countries and proceed to act in a disorganized and uncoordinated fashion. Bad for them, good for Japan. :)

Remble!

Thank you for hours of entertainment following this AAR. I haven't posted in months but thought I would post in to let you know that your work is appreciated. Are you gonna do a Hearts of Iron 3 AAR after this one?

The Allied comedy of errors...I loved it. :rofl:

Shame they haven't got Yuri, or it would work.

Yuri...a Russian name...but in Japanese...Yuri means something completely different.

That would work. The troops would be so distracted even Haig could marshal a successful offensive :rofl:

:rofl: I love how the statement revealed who knows their Japan culture. :D

:rofl: I love how the statement revealed who knows their Japan culture. :D

I can think of one way the Japanese can conduct anti-partisan operations: spread their anime girls around. Guys (and some girls) will be less likely to rise up in revolt if they have eye candy to distract them.

Furthermore, long, drawn-out RPGs can also keep partisanship down by giving people something to do:
"I would rise up against my Japanese masters, but I need to train my Piplup some more."

If someone spread Anime around me, I would stage an uprising in a second. I hate that stuff.

If someone spread Anime around me, I would stage an uprising in a second. I hate that stuff.

What about their RPGs? :confused: Would you hate them for distributing "Final Fantasy" 40+ years early? :p

Maybe you just haven't watched the right stuff. If you're not into ninjas in orange costumes, there's a world of other stuff to see.
Like Legend of the Galactic Heroes, which is the most perfect space opera that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. Even compared to stuff like the american sci-fi series, it's... so much better.

It *IS* 110 episodes, though. And very military/political, so not for everyone's tastes. However, i'm sure the fine folks around these parts would enjoy it :D

One of the factions is basically Prussia in space, too.
loghempire.jpg

One of the factions is basically Prussia in space, too.

Prussia? And yet the mustachioed guy in the middle looks more like Stalin than Bismarck. I guess that's what you get when the "Reich" is drawn up in the east.