• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How sweet. Now your troops can claim to have been in Portugal as early as 1948. :D

@Remble: Could you please give us an overview of the force composition for operation Perfidious?

@Beppo: The air force in Europe will remain there, since it is needed there most and also they belong to an army other than the invading one. Remble has a nice way of simulating military bureaucracy, so there's next to no chance that those planes will switch armies anytime soon.

So while the Tac-wing from the Suez-canal may help out at critical times, most of the time the troops will have to slug it out the old-fashioned way. Tennō heika banzai!

well attacking protugal makes sence, first off the troops in the mainland would aid the allies and die under the fire of the IJAir. Second the troops lose less org attacking a beach with no defenders then attacking one with a mec or garision in.

most of all green looks horrible next to yellow. His imperial majesty must be listening to Gok Wang!!!!

"His Majesty made it very clear how I should proceed should you be unwilling to hand over the required territory. He assures me that this area is of vital interest to Japan's future and a refusal should result in our two Countries entering into hostilities. Please be so good as to inform your Government that it is now at War with Japan."​

Assuming Portugal now joins the Allies...

- Reduce the Allies to less than twenty Countries.

What happened to achieving this goal?

Remble, could you show in the next monthly meeting an overview of the strategic goals in africa? Are you going after some resource producing provinces, or just after VPs and airfields? Or maybe you just wanna go half way into africa and wait for the allies to pour troops in there instead of using them in more important theaters.

Remble, could you show in the next monthly meeting an overview of the strategic goals in africa? Are you going after some resource producing provinces, or just after VPs and airfields? Or maybe you just wanna go half way into africa and wait for the allies to pour troops in there instead of using them in more important theaters.

the next one is the end of the year meeting. It's always a great update :d

That goal was pretty much thrown out the window when Remble declared war on pretty much all of Europe.

Ah, good point. I wonder if they will even bother to mention the goal in the next big picture meeting.

"Didn't we use to have a goal?"

"I don't remember, your Majesty."

Beppo - Portugal became a target of opportunity. I needed to land and they needed to be conquered eventually. I chose to make my life easier and attack them now rather than lose troops to a defended beach. The Strategic overview is in the Annual report to follow :)

Maj. von Mauser - Fixed thank you :) The AI does some weird things on occasion.

Sokraates - 10 divisions for the initial landings which are all ashore now. The Emperor is allowing some more troops to be withdrawn from other places for a second invasion once those forces can be assembled.

Middelkerke, AdmiralNelson - Thank you. AdmiralNelson is probably correct, Fighter Command is too busy rebasing to actually fight anything.

EnglandWarrior - South Africa is surprisingly strong and has been one of the backbones of British combat for a number of years. 20 neutral Countries left if I counted them all correctly :)

Reado - You have hit on the main reason to attack Portugal. Green is indeed a bad colour and very much disliked by the Emperor :D

Nathan Madien, Panzer6 - Portugal did join the Allies. The 20 Country goal will be back in force for 1949.

serutan - South Africa is the main reason. If the AI diverts troops then that would be a bonus.

gooy, I Killed Kenny - Just about any question should be answered by the Annual update :)

The Annual update will follow and it is going to be all in one this time. 6 posts I think to cover it all so please be patient ...

** Note - I did not include the Research screenshots on purpose but if you really want to see them then I might be pursuaded to add them in.

Previous annual meeting is January 1st 1948 - here and the previous monthly one is here.

Update (January 1st 1949)

0000 January 1st 1949.
Imperial Palace. Tokyo, Japan.

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. Welcome to the annual meeting." Hideki began. "1948 was a very good year for Japan with some major objectives achieved during the year, although not all of our goals were met. The Intelligence report will show that we failed to keep the United States Navy below fifteen Aircraft Carriers. We also did not manage to reduce the Allies to below twenty active Countries."

"That one is on my shoulders as I changed the Strategic goals." Hirohito stated.

"Yes your Majesty. The objectives for 1949 are going to be difficult to achieve and are as follows:

- Reduce the United States Navy to below fifteen Aircraft Carriers.

- Reduce the Allies to below twenty member States.

- Capture Europe with the exception of the United Kingdom and Ireland.

- Capture Africa.

- Capture all territory in the Mediterranean Sea and purge the sealanes of enemy shipping.

- Destroy the Comintern Alliance.

Any questions?"

"Just a quick bit of addition from me. Does that mean we are going to Declare War on another eight Countries?" asked Tanigawa.

"That seems about right Minister Tanigawa." Hideki replied.

"How many neutral Countries are left?" Satoru asked.

"Twenty I believe." Mamoru replied.

"Nice to know we are going to save some for 1950 then. I would hate for us to have nothing to do next year." Satoru responded jovially.

"Which eight Countries are we going to invite to the party?" Jun asked.

"Italy, Nationalist Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Switzerland." Hirohito replied.

"Any idea when we will Declare War on them?"

"Not yet. Probably in the Spring after we have reduced the Allied Armies a little more. I am flexible on the timing but I would hate for Minister Jun's bombers to run out of targets." the Emperor replied.

"Most thoughtful your Majesty." Jun responded.

"You realise that there is a high probability that other neutral Countries may Declare War on us if we pursue this course your Majesty?" Mamoru asked.

"I have given it some thought Minister Mamoru. Japan will pursue it's own course, if other Countries wish to object to that course then so be it." Hirohito replied. "Any of those objectives you would say are impossible Minister Tanigawa?"

"Given the events of the last four or five years I would not say that anything is impossible your Majesty, however, the conquest of Africa might be very difficult to achieve."

"I am authorising the transfer of three or four divisions from the East Asia Army to the Middle East and you will also be getting another five divisions from Australia and the islands in the Indian Ocean. Will that make you a little happier?"

"My previous appraisal was with our current forces your Majesty. The extra troops will make things easier and I would say the task is just difficult now."

"Good. I would hate for you to have to struggle too much to achieve our objectives. Please continue Prime Minister."

"Yes your Majesty."​

jan1490000diplo.jpg

"The Cabinet has remained the same throughout the last year and we have no intention of altering anything this year. We will either move to a more Centrally Planned economy or increase our Standing Army in September. That decision will be made nearer the time. Over to Minister Hakujiro for a Security briefing." Hideki concluded.

"Your Majesty, Gentlemen, good morning." Hakujiro began. "The Security situation had been worsening all year as our Armed Forces have advanced. Should we even come close to our goals for 1949 then the problems will increase as most of the territory in Europe that we are targetting will be hostile. Africa is failry mild and cares little for who controls things in the most part."​

jan1490000china.jpg

"The situation in Asia has not altered much in China or Siberia but our advance west has increased the partisan load in this area."​

jan1490000aust.jpg

"This time last year Australia was completely hostile. The addition of all new Garrison divisions to the area has quelled a large part of the local dissent and the Country is beginning to look stable. The removal of a few of the Infantry divisions should not cause me too many problems. New Zealand could still benifit from a couple of Garrison divisions but the next few are likely to go to Australia to further stabilise the situation."​

jan1490000partwest.jpg

"My biggest headache is the Soviet Union. We have no Garrison divisions anywhere here and are relying on Infantry and Cavalry divisions to contain any uprisings. I would suggest that we switch our emphasis to this area once Australia is suitably garrisoned."

"How many more Garrison divisions do you need in Australia?" Ginjiro asked.

"Two more would probably be enough for now but I could easily use another five or six." Hakujiro replied. "I could even spread out our Chinese Garrisons a little but that will increase the chance of revolts in China."

"I will leave it up to you Minister Hakujiro, do what you think is best." stated the Emperor.

"Yes your Majesty. That concludes my briefing." Hakujiro finished.

"Diplomacy next please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Mamoru began. "Diplomatically the last year has been a little quiet overall but we have had some moments of excitement."​

jan1490000world1.jpg

"The map of the World has altered considerably during the passed twelve months. If I include the Pacific then we control almost half of the Globe. The major changes have been in the Soviet Union and the Middle East with some small gains in the Pacific. The remaining neutral Countries are spread between Europe and South America with a few contained behind our lines."​

jan1490000axis.jpg

"The Axis remains as it was last year. Four Countries of which only one has any autonomy. Our three puppets are under no threat."​

jan1490000manch.jpg

"Manchukuo has not increased in Industrial output in the last year but it has produced more Infantry and is making progress with research. The defence of eastern Siberia is Manchukuo's primary aim. Mengkukuo has greatly profitted from our advances into the Soviet Union and has more than doubled it's Industrial Capacity. Infantry and Militia from this puppet are being used to control partisan levels in northern China. Siam has not increased in base Industrial output but is being assisted by us which has maximised it's overall production. Infantry from Siam is being used to control partisan activity in southern and western China."​

jan1490000allies1.jpg

"This time last year there were twenty two Allied Countries. There are now twenty nine. Seven new Countries have been added due to our aggressive stance in Europe with only Lebanon being removed from the Allies during 1948. The Allies are our main enemy."​

jan1490000comintern.jpg

"The Comintern has shrunk from six Countries to two with only the Soviet Union and Bulgaria remaining. Only Bulgaria presents any real threat as the Red Army has been almost totally destroyed and Soviet Industry is almost entirely in our hands. Tannu Tuva, Poland, East Germany and Finland were annexed.

Last year we were at War with twenty eight Countries, this year begins with us at War with thirty one. Trade is mostly with South American Countries with Venezuela being chief amongst these. Our need for Energy has dropped but we do still require Oil. Nothing more for today." Mamoru concluded.​

"Intelligence please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentleman. The scope of my espionage network has increased during 1948 with several enemy or future enemy Countries being added to my list of targets. I have been very successful in placing new agents during December." Kuniaki began.​

jan1490000intfra.jpg

"French Industry is unchanged from December and I have two extra agents reporting on this Country. They completed research into Heavy Advanced Aircraft Carriers and Advanced Marine Divisions.

Their ground forces have increased by forty nine divisions if the numbers are accurate. One Armoured division was destroyed. The increase in numbers is most likely due to additional forces being placed under French command as the month progressed.

No Airforce to speak of but their ship numbers altered a little due to my extra agents. Two Battleships and one Aircraft Carrier are now being reported and this tallies more with known numbers than last months report."​

jan1490000intuk.jpg

"The British have lost four factory complexes in the last year but gained one back over last month due to advances in North Africa. They completed research into Supersonic Fighters and Modern Anti-Tank Artillery in December.

British ground forces have remained almost constant for the entire year. They have lost only one Infantry division in the last twelve months overall but are down four Infantry divisions since last month.

The Royal Air Force is completely unchanged with only minor fluctuations in smaller ships within the Royal Navy."​

jan1490000intus.jpg

"American Industry has increased by twelve factory complexes in the last year and by two in the last month. They completed research into Modern Tank Destroyers and Modern Anti-Tank Artillery.

Their ground forces have been reduced by thirteen Infantry divisions but increased by five Armoured divisions during 1948. In the last month they gained one Infantry and lost four Armoured divisions.

There is no change to the United States Airforce during the last month but there is a loss of seven Fighters in the last year.

The United States Navy has increased in size by two Aircraft Carriers and fifteen smaller ships in the last year. In the last month they gained only two smaller ships but did replace both Carriers that they lost. We missed our goal by one Aircraft Carrier."​

jan1490000intcan.jpg

"A few of the other Countries I am watching incllude Canada which is not a major powerhouse but is providing the United Kingdom with modern troops from time to time. Ten ground divisions have been reported by my agents with the Royal Canadian Navy containing one Battleship and one Battlecruiser as well as several smaller vessels. No aircraft are reported."​

jan1490000intfrg.jpg

"The West Germans only possess ground troops and currently are estimated to have around a dozen Infantry divisions. The vast majority of their Army is under French command."​

jan1490000intita.jpg

"Italy is a little bit of a problem potentially. It has pretty good Industrial Capacity and has a very sizeable Army. Not much of an Airforce to contend with and a fleet containing only smaller ships."​

jan1490000intsov.jpg

"The Soviet Union is no longer any threat but I thought I would provide the latest information. They have lost ninety six ground divisions, half of their Airforce and one Battleship in the last year. The major thing to note is their Industry. This time last year the Soviet Union had a base Industrial Capacity of 320 factories. At the time of this intelligence report they have the equivalent of one factory left. This is in Tirana."​

jan1490000intjap.jpg

"We made no technological advances in December but should finish two projects in January. The completion of Advanced Light Carriers will allow us to begin construction of that ship type. Rather than provide a complete list of research this year I will cover the projects that were completed during 1948:

Infantry - Modern Infantry and Frontline Repair.

Armour - Advanced Medium Tank.

Aircraft - Improved Turbojet Close Air Support.

Naval - Improved Light Carrier.

Industry - Improved and Advanced Synthetic Oil Plant.

Naval Doctrine - Fleet Train and Carrier Warfare.

Special - Improved and Advanced Electronic Computer.

There were no changes to Air or Land Doctrines. A total of eleven projects were completed in 1948. Nothing more from me." Kuniaki concluded.

"Industry please."

"Your Majesty, Gentlemen, good morning." Ginjiro began. "Our resource levels have improved markedly during the last year and production has been constant with no interruptions for lack of raw materials or Manpower."​

jan1490000prod.jpg

"Our base Industrial Capacity has increased from 256 to 318 factories, an increase of 62, during 1948. In the last month it has decreased by four as we lose some territory in the West. Our Transport Capacity has become more overloaded in the last year due to conquests but has decreased slightly in the last month as redeployments concluded.

Our basic raw material stockpiles have increased by a huge amount in the last twelve months. Energy is up by almost 400,000 tonnes, Metal by 120,000 tonnes, Rare Materials by 28,000 tonnes, Oil by 4,000 tonnes and Supplies by 25,000 tonnes. Financial reserves are up by 200 but Manpower is down by 15,000 men.

The last month has seen little change to any basic commodities. Cash reserves are down nearly three hundred due to Minister Kuniaki's espionage work and Manpower is down by 5,000 men due to some losses and a new Garrison being raised."​

jan1490000prod1.jpg

"Current production is largely unchanged. We are no longer producing Aircraft like we were last year but the major Naval assets are the same. We will need to consider starting the builds of two Carrier Air Groups fairly soon for the two new Carriers due in September. The next Battlecruisers are due in June with Garrison divisions arriving almost one a month from now on.

Our Supply production has increased by a large amount as upgrades have been completed for our Infantry and Armoured divisions. The remaining upgrades are almost all for Aircraft but some are for lent troops which will not complete unless we redeploy those forces. The Aircraft upgrades should all be done by the end of January. Reinforcements are for aircraft and some Infantry losses with only a minor amount for ship repairs.

We are beginning to run a little low on Convoy vessels on occasion and we do not have spare Manpower to build more unless it becomes a major inconvenience. Our Convoy losses have been relatively small this year and I would not expect any increase in losses. Done." concluded Ginjiro.​

"Armed Forces please."

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Tanigawa began. "I will cover the parts of the briefing that Minister Satoru normally conducts as he will be giving a detailed briefing on the Army. We have made significant progress in many areas during 1948 but the obvious major advance has been against the Soviet Union. We have moved further into the Middle East and Indian Ocean and also strengthened our position in the Pacific."​

jan1490000npac.jpg

"In the northern Pacific we successfully invaded the Aleutian Islands and have managed to hold them despite a counter attack on the eastern island of Andreanof. These landings have halted all American attempts at invading China and the loss of Attu Island is definately hurting our enemies."​

jan1490000spac.jpg

"We also advanced in the southern Pacific with an invasion succeeding against the island of Samoa. This has forced the United States Navy to repair its ships on the western seaboard of the United States. We have no plans to make any further advances in the Pacific at all this year and we will be content to defend our holdings."​

jan1490000asia.jpg

"The last year has seen major advances into the Soviet Union with our territory in the east expanding both north and west to its current static line. We have no intention of further expansion in this area."​

jan1490000west.jpg

"Our largest gains by far are in the west. Despite recent reverses in Poland at the hands of the Allies we made huge gains during 1948. The dotted line in the south shows the Soviet border a year ago. We have essentially captured the entire western Soviet Union and Finland in the last year as we dismantled the Red Army. We also made some gains in the Middle East with the capture of Syrian territory and the destruction of Lebanon."​

jan1490000fin.jpg

"The current situation in Finland shows an American invasion in Oulu which has been destroyed. We have a division moving to reclaim the province. We also held Turku against another invasion and I would expect further landings by the Americans during the 1949."​

jan1490000west2.jpg

"Along the Western Front we have withdrawn roughly one province along the entire line, except in the extreme south where we have held our defensive positions. The main Allied Armies are concentrating in the center and south and I would expect further advances from them during January. Field Marshall Hata has fifty divisions at his disposal to hold the line during the Winter and then to launch a counter attack in the Spring. Three bomber groups and five Interceptor wings are assisting with operations along this Front with air superiority mostly in our hands. Ground combat remains rare as we prefer to withdraw in the face of overwhelming odds, with air combat occuring almost on a daily basis. No more Japanese troops are planned to arrive in this area."​

jan1490000africa1.jpg

"Southern and Eastern Africa is an area where we have only just begun operations. We have made two landings so far into Portuguese territory and we will expand from the southern landing once the forces have recovered from their recent landing. Another five divisions are being made available for another landing further north which is likely to target Ethiopia."​

jan1490000me.jpg

"We lost ocntrol over Cairo during December in North Africa and the situation remains far from stable as the Allies continue to add more troops to this front. More divisions are going to be redeployed to Port Said as His Majesty pointed out and these should arrive some time in early March. This means that our current forces have to survive for two months, but they are supported by one Tactical bomber group, and I would expect them to hold with minimal trouble."​

jan1490000africa.jpg

"A slightly more detailed look at southern Africa shows our current forces. Two Marine divisions in the north are going to be removed and they will support the attacks in the south. There are too many enemy troops in the north and it requires too many assets to remain close by to allow for an evacuation should it be required. The eight divisions in the south will be supported by the Imperial Japanese Navy as they fight their way along the South African coast in an attempt to annex that Country and remove it from the Allied camp. South Africa looks to be poorly defended and if it remains like that we should have ample forces to force our way south and west.

Once South Africa is secure our troops will begin to move north as much as possible. We will land more troops in the north around Ethiopia to speed things up as Africa will require a long time to conquer if we even have enough troops to do it. I do not intend to use any of the four Tactical bomber wings designated for Naval patrols unless absolutely necessary. Our troops will have to advance with only the one bomber wing in North Africa as support until our Western Front bombers can be released. As you can see almost all of our fleets are operating in support of the landings.

Over to Minister Jun to begin the more detailed reports on our individual Armed Force components." Tanigawa concluded.​

"Thank you Minister Tanigawa. Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen." Jun began. "This time last year we were still producing more bombers for the Imperial Japanese Airforce and these were all completed during 1948."​

jan1490000Air.jpg

"Our puppets have not added to their respective Airforces but our own has increased by twelve squadrons, all of which are Tactical bombers. We now have 78 squadrons and there are no plans to increase this number for the time being."​

jan1490000airdam.jpg

"Our squadrons are in very good condition overall with only a few more moderately damaged. One of Mj. General Genda's Naval bomber squadrons is the most badly damaged after repeated attacks against an American Carrier Task Force. Also note the current upgrade level of our bomber forces. All are at the same sort of percentage which should mean they finish their upgrades in January. Once research completes in a few months then our Interceptors will also need to be upgraded."​

jan1490000aircom.jpg

"Last year our leading Air Commander at his level was Lt. General Obata, who has since been promoted and has dropped down the list a little as a result. This year Lt. General Sugawara has taken over as the lead Commander. He is the second wing Commander with Nakajima's Dive bomber group. Air General Kondo retains his position as the most experienced overall Air Commander."​

jan1490000airexp.jpg

"Squadron experience has actually dropped a little during the year as the air War has picked up in Europe increasing losses. Of the squadrons at 100% experience most are bombers, as usual, but one is an Interceptor squadron and I will highlight it this year."​

jan1490000Int.jpg

"11/157 Sentai Interceptor squadron is part of 12. Hikoutai Commanded by Mj. General Fukui. This wing has seen most of it's action in the Middle East but is now flying in a bomber support role in Western Europe, where it provides protection for Shimoyama's Dive bomber group in conjunction with Tanaka's Interceptor wing. Fukui is currently based in Kiev.

Over to Minister Satoru for an Army briefing." concluded Jun.

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. This time last year I reported that the Imperial Japanese Army had lost no divisions and I am happy to report that this has not altered during 1948." Satoru began.​

jan1490000army.jpg

"Our Army has grown by thirty two divisions in the last year with our puppets forces remaining the same. Fourteen Infantry, two Mountain, twelve Garrison, one Headquarters and three Militia divisions have been added to our Army. Of those only the twelve Garrison divisions were raised by us with the remainder all being lent to us by our puppets. During 1947 our puppets added ten divisions, last year it was twenty and I would expect a similar number this year."​

jan1490000armdam.jpg

"Damage is relatively minor with most divisions currently under strength having participated in the ground battle for Chisinev over the last few days. The one exception is the Armoured division which was targetted by Allied ground attack aircraft."​

jan1490000armcom.jpg

"Last year our most experienced Commander at his rank was Lt. General Tanaka Shinji and, as you can see, he has retained that position and increased his overall experience. He is currently leading an Infantry corps in the recent landing in Southern Africa. Field Marshall Higashikuni remains our most experienced Commander overall."​

jan1490000armexp.jpg

"Our most experienced division is the same as last year with the 14th Army HQ retaining it's position. The Kwantung Army Headquarters moves up to second after 3. Armoured Division lost some experience."​

jan149000014thHQ.jpg

"Both the 14th Army HQ and 3. Armoured Division are defending Lida in the Soviet Union. Their Commanders are the same as last year with General Dohihara and Lt. General Hoshinato retaining Command. 3. Armoured Division has been upgraded to the newer Type 3 Chi-Nu tank.

Minister Osami will conclude the briefings with a Naval report." Satoru concluded.​

"Good morning your Majesty, Gentlemen. Thank you Minister Satoru." Osami began. "The last year has seen sporadic Naval action with almost all encounters being between our aircraft and Allied fleets."​

jan1490000Navy.jpg

"The Imperial Japanese Navy has ninety six vessels which is fifteen less than last year. We have two more Fleet Carriers, two less Light Carriers, two more Battlecruisers and seventeen less Submarine Flotillas. Needless to say our Submarine forces have had a bad year and only four remain. Intelligence reports indicate that the United States Navy is once again the largest in the World but not by much. Two more Aircraft Carriers and Battlecruisers are due this year and we should begin to construct more Light Carriers shortly."​

jan1490000navdam.jpg

"Last year the Navy was suffering from a high degree of damage with two Battleships and two Carriers pretty badly damaged. This year our damage is very minor and is to less important vessels."​

jan1490000navcom.jpg

"Admiral Koga remains our most experienced active Naval Commander and he also remains in Command of BC Division 1, which is off the South African coast."​

jan1490000navexp.jpg

"Last year our most experienced ship was the Light Carrier IJN Chiyoda closely followed by her sister ship IJN Chitose. IJN Chitose was sunk during 1948 which leaves IJN Chiyoda significantly ahead of any other vessel. The Carrier IJN Hiyo is a distant second."​

jan1490000chiyoda.jpg

"IJN Chiyoda is currently Admiral Mikawa's Flagship and his fleet is based in Tokyo protecting the mainland from invasion."​

jan1490000bb1.jpg

"Our main fleets have not altered much in the last year. Grand Admiral Ozawa still commands BB Division 1 with Admiral Koga in command of a more powerful BC Division 1 as it has increased it's number of Battlecruisers by two. Admiral Mikawa has taken over CA Division 1. BB Division 1 and BC Division 1 are supporting operations around South Africa with CA Division 1 in Tokyo. CA Division 3 still exists but is a small fleet covering the Persian Gulf."​

jan1490000cgc.jpg

"We still have two Carrier Groups. Carrier Group C has our older Carriers with Carrier Group D gaining control of the four more modern ships. Admirals Godo and Nagumo retain Command of their respective fleets which are also supporting operations around South Africa.

One of our Transport fleets is ferrying Garrisons to Australia with the other two supporting operations in South Africa."​

jan1490000sunk.jpg

"Losses during December did include two more of our Submarine Flotillas which were both sunk during a port strike by Calhoun's Carrier Task Force. We did destroy another American Carrier Task Force in the Indian Ocean which contained two modern Fleet Carriers, as well as several smaller American vessels. Our expansion towards South Africa also enabled to us to encounter some smaller Navies which were no match for our own. The number of American Carriers would indicate more visits during January."​

jan1490000deathsnavy.jpg

"Moving on to total Naval losses since June 1944 we have the United States having lost more than twice the number of ships than any other Country. We have lost more Submarines to Naval fire than all other Countries combined. The United States Navy lost thirty four more ships to our own Navy during 1948 and we lost nineteen to enemy ships."​

jan1490000killsnavy.jpg

"This table shows Naval kills at the top and Aircraft kills at the bottom. Last year our Navy had sunk a total of eighty five more ships than our Airforce and, as you can, that gap has closed greatly. Our ships have sunk a confirmed thirty eight ships in the last twelve months while our Airforce sank one hundred and thirteen. A total of 860 ships have been confirmed as sunk by our forces with another 171 unconfirmed kills for all fleets. Most of those unconfirmed kills would be ours and we have almost certainly now sunk over 1000 ships since June 1944. 151 enemy ships were sunk by our forces in the last twelve months."​

jan1490000top5.jpg

"The most dangerous ships afloat are dominated by our own as normal. Once again IJN Yamashiro is not on the list of Battleships and remains far ahead of any other ship in kills. IJN Nagato remains top of the list shown with IJN Yamato moving up one place.

The USS Franklin should be bottom of the Carrier list. IJN Hiyo remains top of the list with IJN Ryuho coming onto the list and IJN Junyo dropping off. IJN Junyo should be on this list as she is still afloat and would be placed second with her kills from last year. There is clearly some problem with the numbers being reported but it is only an indication."​

jan1490000convoyloss.jpg

"Finally we have Escort and Convoy losses. We destroyed none as we have not even tried to sink any. We lost a further ten Convoys and Escorts during 1948 without replacing any. The losses are not major but our need for more Convoy vessels has already been addressed by Minister Ginjiro. That concludes the briefings for today your Majesty." Osami concluded.

"Thank you Gentlemen. 1948 was a very good year for Japan and it has gone a long way to ensuring our survival for some time to come. 1949 will be a time to build on the previous successes and to remove a lot of the smaller Countries that have become embroiled in this War. I have every confidence in you all to continue the pace of progress and to achieve the goals I outlined at the beginning of the meeting. Good hunting Gentlemen." Hirohito stated as he stood and left the room to end the first meeting of 1949.​

wouldn't it be a good ideo to promote a few of those airforce commanders? Since you are escorting bombers with your interceptors you have stacks of 12 most of the time, but most of your commanders can only commander 4 or 8. Lets loose the stacking penalty!

that has been a very good year :)
and the best part of this AAR is that at this point the game still is challenging. i guess that if an inexperienced player got a savegame of it right now, he would have a hard time not collapsing under the allied pressure.