• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Neustria: 1471-1520​

Number of provinces: 28
Income: 6th/10
Army: Weak
Neighbors: Depends who.

After several defeats against the Irish-Bremian coalition, Neustria decided to sign a NAP with all it's neighbours. It allowed the country to focus their income on future, like building a stockpile of money to be able to colonize and build some warships.

During those years nothing much happened, except the annexation of burgundy and auvergne, which were some of the last survivors of the neustrian conquest of france. Having no interrest on fighting anyone , i decided to keep moors as an ally. Every nation was trying to be the most possible ready for the colonization rush.

Finally, first explorers popped up in the last years of the session. I tried to colonize the canaries 2 times after having moors agreement, but after 2 fails, the swiss colnized the place at 1st attempt.

I got the MA over them, and decided to go near carribean to be able to go everywhere i want later. I decided to move most of my ships (and galleys) there to be able to face any threat. The roman empire was with me in the head of the race to mexico.

But that wasn't on the taste of everyone. Irish scum decided another time to attack neustria. Their main objective was to get cuba - probably to get to mexico later -.

But if neustrian armies were no smash in france, the galleys succeeded to beat the irish navy near carribean. With Swiss help, only the center of trade of gascogne was lost. But this could be reconquered later, while the colonies couldn't be. The future colonial policy of Neustria was enough clear : let no-one survive near you, or they'll be willing on your lands.

At the end of the session, i had to go and haven't been able to conquer mexico before swiss did. But anyway that wasn't my main objective so it didn't really mattered to me.

Reward : -1 infla. Going to do the other(s) later. I think -2 for the 2 session report is a bit much

Ireland 1545-1568

First thing was I assured Delian of my support for annexation of Cologne. England was Cologne's vassal, and as long as this remained, England wouldn't align with another power, and it would be harder for me to get a cheap war against them. Recently, they were causing serious disruption to my trade in Dublin, which was not only bad for business but extremely annoying. Thus I had an emotional reason to want Cologne stamped out of existence as well as practical(for I hold each and every merchant who scores a monopoly dear to my heart).

The Swiss were not inclined to defend Cologne a second time. He had other things to deal with. Delian could take one province if it meanted avoiding a large war, I guess. So Cologne was turned into a Bremenese province. Meanwhile, I whetted my apetite for England with a quick annexation of Norway, Cologne's ally.

As this wrapped up, things exploded in the south with Egypt DOWing Byz, only to be attacked by Switzerland and the Moors. Bremen soon jumped into the fray. I remained neutral with sentimental support going out to Bremen, who initially did very well, up until the point where Hal joined. His entrance brought me against him, and between Delian and I, Hal had no chance. Four provinces were cut off in Scandinavia and used for warscore. We were beating him in the rest, so he sued for peace, ceding Gotland to me and a gold mine to Delian.

At this point, Delian still had the upper hand against Mats, but things began to turn. Maybe it wouldn't have had he not had to divert all those troops. Maybe he could've sent a few more stabhits. In the end, Mats won, and Delian lost a gold mine. The Irish feel a tinge of shame for not being more active on Bremen's behalf, but in the end an offensive war deep in the continent just isn't in Irelands interests.

During the fight against Hal, a NAP was renewed with Neustria. I'm glad to have been getting along with Neustria for as long as we have, and hope to continue in this fashion.

After the war, I got an event giving me a CB on England. I'd been waiting for them to join an alliance with, say, Narnia, or alternatively to pay Bremen or some other with a good diplo monarch to align with them and then DOW me, but this was of course more convenient. For a year I waited while finishing some tech, and then gobbled them up, taking another war tax along with them.

A bit after this, I built another refinery in the Caribbean on Tobago, the island with three tax base. On such an island, I can build a medium fort, which I think a refinery justifies. I also received a goods manu in Lincoln, or thereabout, made possible by another event that moved my inno slider one to the right, to 2, at my current max as gained a session ago with the second FAA construction. So that was nice.

And trade was greatly expanded everywhere. Ultimately, I gained a good presence in even India, when my explorer finally arrived. This after having had to go to war with Oman to secure the necessary bases. First, I burned their island TP and established a colony there, which allowed my fleet to reach the spot next to their capital. Then finished them off, annexing. That gained me another cot. I also received the Byzantine cot in South Africa in exchange for military access that I'd granted him earlier, which allowed him to reach India. It's only a very small cot, and will probably disappear any moment, but for now it's nice to be able to boast about having the most, and in the meantime it provides good income.

Techs are coming along nicely. The Moors spooked me temporarily with their NT surge(they're at 5 already. Everyone else is at 2 or 3). I offered him a NAP though and he accepted, and since then he's shifted his investments elsewhere. Still, Ireland can't let such a dangerous advantage stay, and has shifted its own investments accordingly.

Bremen 1545-1568

First i would like to say: this was the most exciting session so far! As you know we planed an attack against Napoleon (Swizz). Why? Swizz got to influence in Central Europe. The idea was that i should keep Swizz busy, while Egypt finish off Byz quick. so he may use the truce to dow Swizz. so we would pressure him from two directions. And Eire would support me if Swizz DoW me if i attacked colonge. But when i DoW'ed Eire pulled out, i understand why. No use for him to run around in the middle of Europe. But the plans failed when Swizz early in the session asked for NAP, and i turned him down. Of course he got suspicious. And as i see it he managed to get Moors and Byz ready by his side. And surprisely USS.
Well after i turned him down i knew time was short, either we pull the DoW off, or DoW him fast. the result you know, i DoW'ed Swizz, and Egypt DoW Byz. Egypt was not prepered for 3v1. And that Moors joined against Egypt was a real surprise! I knew i couldn't beat mats alone. His monarch military skills was way better than mine (i got 733king, he got 888). And his moral was higher. The war itself was in start, was a succes. I maneged to occupie 5-6provinces in north, i attacked from north, and east by traveling thru USS. I won a couple of big fights, wich suprised Swizz. When Swizz got peace with Egypt he could focus me better, still it went well. But my moral would be my biggest dissadvantage, and when HAL DoW me. My MM thru his country dissepeared. i guess it is after that the war was lost.
Eire assisted me against USS. It was a quick war wich USS lost. Eire got Gotland, and i got my old goldmine back.

Now when i only had 1 acces in to Swizz i was doomed for 2reasons: Suplylimit in those provices was veeeery low. around 18k i think. So my soldiers died as flyes. and it was hard to me to defend that spot, and easy for swizz to block of that area. so Swizz managed to turn the war around. he re-captured the provinces. And managed to win because because the battles. Now i didn't win many wars. The peace wasn't so bloody as i thought. I had to give my other shitty goldmine back to USS (only gives around ~2ducats/month, got alot of -10mines in that province) and i also had to take all of Würzbergs provinces and give them to Swizz. At this moment it also was a civilwar in Bremen. Lucky me Swizz offered to help me with those rebels, so he could get his provinces.

i hope that i at least with this war, proved that i am not completely worthless. Even if it is my first Multiplayer game on EU2
The war took most the time of this session, i spend alot of money, drained my manpowerpool (that is around 280k i think)

When the war was over i started to rebuild, Swizz did let me take the capital of Würzberg with a manufactory, at least he have some goodheart for his swedish companions ;)
and then i went exploring Africa and captured 2 to countries in the south, wich will be a nice base for me to supply troops for coming expeditions. Also finished some colonies in North America. That concludes most of it!

Last edited:
The Roman Empire: 1568-1597

Perhaps the most frustrating part of this session was the colonial aspect. I seemed to be plagued by a combination of bad luck, bad timing, and just plan bad strategy. Things started well enough with me solidifying a toehold in India, colonizing a few of the vacant provinces with the help of my conquistador, and so on. I opted not to attack the Indian majors and seize their COTs because I lacked a cb and didn't want to risk the -2 stability I would recieve, so I decided to sit back and wait until a border dispute event or something. In the meanwhile, Ireland took Bombay, and I noticed I finally had a CB on the southern Indian state. Sadly, my attention was distracted by the Ingrian-Egyptian attack, allowing Bremen to swoop in and take it. Frustrating indeed.

Closer to home, New Rome fought 3 major wars this session, 2 defeats and 1 victory. Everyone already knows the details of my situation at the start of the session, so I won't go in depth. Both defeats were at the hands of the Egyptians, who through their traditional 'zerg rush' tactic were able to outnumber me by an enormous margin, seizing 5 provinces in the first war and another 4 in the next one (which was a NAP violation, to boot), with Ingria taking 2, then returning 1. Thus, New Rome lost 10 provinces in the end without too much fighting all around. At least Dulkadir was finished off, and I was able to help HAL finish off some Romanian minors. The victory was against the remnants of Crimea, though I only managed to hold onto those provinces for a few years. Regardless, they proved exceptionally stubborn and showcased the silliniess of the AI: refusing to give up 4 provinces when demanded yet offering those 4 plus 4 more in their own offers.

Aside from that, my attention was focused primarily on conversions with my 888 monarch. Ultimately I would say I was succesful about 50-50. Kosovo turned out to be an unusual annoyance, requiring 4 attempts in all. Most of my provinces are right-religion now, meaning I'll finally have money to focus elsewhere. So not everything is quite so gloomy as you might think on first glance. Still gloomy, but not quite so.

Can I get -1% inflation for nothing :) Too tired to write AAR :D

previous session egypt did pretty well despite our high inflation and high techcosts
at the start of the session we where aware that byz had nearly no army and we could easely beat him, tho that stil requires us to spend troops and ir ather avoid costs if its not needed after those expensive war last few sessions
so was desided to offer a nap for 5provinces along the east border to secure armenia and to prepare for a future push north so i could kick byz from the crimean ports along the black sea

since byz broke a nap to gang me in the passed tho i had every intention of repayng the favour to him wich is i did roughly 11-12years into the nap(what can i say i like revenge), along with ingria to help this 1time due a deal we dowed and demanded all the remaining former crimean ports, altho jedisan was returned later
byz tryd to fight that war but when his cavalry got his ass kicked not far from my border he surrender alowing me to siege the provs i wanted, in the end tho i reckon he may have lost 3provinces or so that where not crimean a few weeks ago so im sure hes stil quite capable

other then those 2wars, i used the early nap with byzantium (since he gave in like i hoped) to dow timurids while i stil had a cb on them, i annexed them+converted baluchstan but delhi proved to be to far as i had to get passed mughals to reach it and that was fairly impossible at the time

besides that i spend most of the session teching infra and converting my provinces, wich where largely succesful thanks to my great king, altho there are a few exeptions
due all those pagans i havent been able to really move alot of sliders today so im a bit behind on that part, thankfully infra 5 is just about teched so i can focus on other areas soon

egypt is open to talks for peace if the romans are willing btw

1568-1597

Irelands first years were spent in no notable way, with traders passing this way and that and colonists concluding the consolidation of currently claimed South African territory. Behind closed doors, however, there were military plannings with the Swiss and the Neustrians for an upcoming attack against the Moors, who had put considerable economic distance between themselves all competitors.

However, before our attack could begin, Aladar DOW'd Pepsi, hoping to quickly defeat him before our alliance could be mustered in full. I still had the NAP, which Aladar expiring in 1575, but Mats jumped in, forcing a white peace. Then the years rolled by, strategies were refined further, and the fateful year came, and all fighting hands boarded ships, sailing across the sea. I brought about 140,000 men in my initial force, but of course this was only a handful of the great armies amassed by the alliance.

My part in the war revolved around Viscaya and the mountains west and south. Pepsi fought on my left, and Mats invaded Africa. Aladar was overwhelmed. My troops sieged Viscaya slowly, with reinforcements at the ready for all Moorish challenges, while soon other armies were moving to the next forward provinces to spread the invasion. Moors came to dislodge them, and won sometimes, but the morale difference wasn't very high thanks to my wonderful monarch, and my presence of numbers allowed me to bring sufficient reinforcements to keep the morale from dipping too low during battle.

After two or three years, the Pyrenees and most of the land behind the Catalan rivers was taken by the alliance. Mats was also having success in his Southern invasion. My fleet sailed to join him, with its newly installed CRT, and inflicted a defeat on Aladar's ships. Terms were asked for, and after a little bit of deliberating, we asked five provinces, which gave Pepsi a strong border to defend with.

Sometime not long after this, Mats invaded Bremen. I tried to find foreign aid, but the process was too slow, and Delian had to give in to demands. After this, Delian and I decided to cheer ourselves up by attacking Hal, whose defeat would be profitable to us as well as highly enjoyable, even if quick and relatively painless to him. It brings us one step closer to his eventual annexation, which is, of course, one of my prime goals in this game, as in every game :D. But really, his big holdings in Sweden mean he'll probably be coming after me in Norway sooner or later. By that time, it makes good sense for me to have chipped away at his beachhead a little bit, if not removed it entirely.

To that end, but mostly to make me richer in general, I took Skane, and Delian took the gold mine, again. But of course, Mats saw an opportunity in this to endear himself to Hal by winning again against Delian, and then returning lost territory to Hal. I tried to help directly this time, sending a large army in, but my tech was too weak relative to Switzerland, and though I gained back a little territory in the east, Mats had things going pretty much his way in the West. Delian again had to agree to peace. Yet another loss of defensive depth and manpower.

At about this time, the Moors sought a 1v1 with Neustria, which was ok'd. I hoped that Pepsi, with his new defensive line, would be able to hold, but the Moors overpowered him. It'd be interesting to hear how the war went exactly.

Meanwhile, though things hadn't exactly panned out in Europe, they were going well economically and colonially. Some Indian lands were conquered. My war with Hyderabad allowed me to rescue to soon to be wiped out by natives cot of Bombay, which was quickly colonized to a city, along with Diu. I also vassalized the country the latter was taken from; I think Punjab? And I improved techs considerably, getting up to trade 4 and infra 5 by the end. Shortly before the end of the session, all territories were given governors. Most of the realm was also converted, even a couple of cores in Norway. This was done to give my two cores there good recruitment capacity, to make Hal think twice before he eventually launches his inevitable invasion.

1568-1597
The session started with me conquering and exploring rest of southeast Africa. zanj, Zimbawe and another tribe soon feel into bremish control, i also converted 2provinces. Soon also a CoT was generated in my new provinces. when Southafrica was in my control i suddenly realized i had a new nice base for further conquest. So I explored the rest of the african cost, and the red sea etc. soon i found most of India, so, me and Eire planed a attack againgst Hyderbad, but Eire had to do it himself, so he took the provinces Bombay, dio and made gujrat to their vassal. I had changed my thoughts about India, so i Dow'ed Viyanger instead and took their CoT and another province in the first war. It was a success, to bad Swizz DoW me just when i peaced them out.

Once again i faced Swizz army, but Swizz army was to powerful. high LT and big army, bad combination for Bremen. I had to give 3provinces away...
When the war was over Eire and me DoW USS, after 2months he surrendered, and Eire got Gotland and i got Meissen back, also Neumark. and three years after peace with USS, Swizz DoW me, again... this time Eire helped me, but still it was to no use. It was a failure, defeat. Swizz took 2prov back for USS, and 1 for himself.

Now when i was in peacetime i started to expand my colonies again, it went well, my american provinces needed to get "upgraded", also my new African colonies. But getting all colonize in one place can either be good or bad. The good thing = all thogheter, easy to defend. The bad thing is tho that they colonize can easy fall if the defense is gone.
after that i took most of south India, explored even more to the east, colonized some more. But Even with all those lost provinces and wars against Swizz i still managed to increase my income with ~20%. So i am think i am happy with this session anyway :D

-2. From this AAR, and last sessions AAR

Last edited:
UNITED SLAVIC STATES - 1568 - 1597

eu_flag.jpg
+
flag_d_pol.jpg
=
flag_d_usa.jpg

And so the saga of United Slavic States (also called United Baltic states by people with no knowledge of geography :p ) continues and soon will reach XVII century.

But let us talk about end of XVI century. It was troubled time for USS. At first The Mad King took the throne. His ruling was full of failures and crazy events. Fortunately our great hero HAL The Slavic Lion managed to control the situation. He killed the false king and even forced evil witcher John of Eire to reedit his mistakes and cause evil events no more.

After that HAL gave the throne to more appropriate king, who started attempts to increase country wealth. All in vain. Colonising did not work and was too expensive, and trading was sabotaged by many minor countries that do not understand the idea of unification and conspiring against USS for many years. It was time for them to pay for this. With help of Roman Empire USS dethrone two stubborn neighbours and annexed their lands.

Meanwhile population of our state increased also thanks to thousands of refugees, who fled falling country of Crimea and decided to became true Slavs. We welcome them with open arms and plan to give them new homes on lands, which are right now under control of crimean criminals but soon will be ours!

Our beloved king was also trying to gain some african colonies for our real, but after two decades of wars with Kongo we now have only some coastal province there. Still it was worth of all those sunk ships and man who drawn on Atlantic while sailing from America to Africa. But why it was worth let me explain later.

Now let us talk about most important event of the period I'm writing about: THE WAR. The war that was not about to happen, but dark angels decided otherwise. Since 1570 on court in Dantzig we noticed some suspicious diplomats from Eire and Bremen. As it revealed later they were trying to convince our king to start war with our most loyal friend Mats The Mountaineer. He was brave in his toughness and send them back to hell where they belong. Unfortunately such behaviour provoked them to take revenge after they badly lost vs mighty Swiss. Seeing that combined forces and navies of north devils will soon overrun country king quickly decided to peace to save his citizens from more suffering. Our only gold province and centre of trade in Scandinavia were lost. But just after that our dear friend from Alpes again came in help and Bremen had to kneel and give us our lands back. Those events scared witcher of Eire and now he is begging for our help. We are righteous nation so we will grant it. But we remember, oh yes we remember!

At the end of described period the blessing of the God shined upon us! COT in Africa appeared! It is clear sign USS will one day rule the world!

- 1% inflation please

Last edited:
Switzerland 1496 - 1520

The situation coming in to this session was quite stable. Co-operation against the Moors had worked out well for Neustria, who won a couple of wars and eventually settled a deal with their former enemy. Eire had also participated, but now looked for a new target. A recent war had been fought between the Swiss and the Irish, when the latter tried to defend Bremen from Switzerland's rightful attempts to restore the USS border. That war was won by the Swiss however, making the Irish double their efforts to put Switzerland in harms way. They even gave back Skåne to USS in an attempt to sway their allegiance. The Slavs are however loyal to their allies, and took the gift but renewed agreements with the Swiss. Also Bremen were included, in an attempt to make Swiss borders more settled.

The land technology was world class, but even though the navy was very large, it was old. This was overlooked for the time being, as investments in war manufactories had to be prioritized. A vast amount of gold was collected, but time did not allow it to be spent for the declaration of war was imminent. The aggressors were Eire and the Moors, eager to make a hard blow in Swiss development. The large manufactory chest was quickly turned into war investments.

The combined navies of Moors and Eire wasn't huge. Eire had not sent all their ships into the Mediterranean. But it was technologically superior and defeated the Swiss navy twice. The navy hid in Genoa, and armies were rushed south, as hostile armies landed in Italy. Blocking the navy in Genoa, several attempts were made to force it out into combat and destruction. Close as they were, much due to the Swiss blunder of forgetting to cancel military access, the allied forces did not manage to capture Genoa. Large Swiss regiments were positioned along the mountainous coastline, but the plains of Pisa and further south in Rome and Napoli were vulnerable. Of course the islands of Sardinia and Corsica had been occupied. The Irish had a sizeable cavalry presence, making plains a hazardous terrain for Switzerland. But the generals knew that the cavalry force would only last for so long, and it would wear down eventually. Many battles were fought back and forth in Pisa, as it was occupied and liberated time and again. Landings in Rome and Napoli were not fully committed invasions, and even though they had initial success, superior Swiss numbers managed to push the allied forces out of the south parts. Towards the end of the war, a landing was also made in Venice, but it only served the purpose of splitting up the allied navy.

The war was won probably due to the poor Irish land technology. A large Swiss army was sent across Neustria into the continental Irish holdings, gaining excellent and well-needed warscore by occupying the provinces and winning several battles. This was not enough to stabhit either the alliance or Eire alone, but it did prevent Swiss from being stabhit. A warscore of -40% was actually observed after Pisa was occupied and before the invasion of Brittany and Anjou. But with increasing battle success and the diminishing efforts made by Moors in Italy, alliance warscore actually got to positive numbers. This bought time, and time allowed the naval technology to reach level 9. That would also win the war. The Swiss navy was large, and the allied navies were scattered. The first attempt to break the blockade failed, but the second succeeded, and about 100 Irish ships was engaged outside Rome. Those were then chased down to outside the heel of the boot of Italy, were another ~100 Irish ships joined up from Venice. This was still half of the Swiss ships, and in Swiss national waters. The Irish were chased back West, and upon reaching back to the Moorish ships, the Swiss navy regrouped outside Genoa. At this point the Irish offered to only demand Valencia to Moors, a peace which naturally was rejected, and a white peace was agreed upon a little later.

Reward: -1 inflation

The Roman Empire: 1597-1628

The principal focus of this week's session was in growth and development, albiet my attention did get sidetracked from time to time to make this a not-so-boring update. Infrastructure 5 was reached, and much gold and effort was put into upgrading governors in nearly all my provinces. I didn't need to mint too much because I also got a few helpful random events to pad out my treasury. I even got an Unexpected Invention, the second time playing so far, which certainly helped. Colonial expansion was put on hold while I consolidated what I had, turning my Indian and California colonies into cities, although I did acquire Zanzibar and an Angolan province from Ireland for free. Since the Angolan province soon acquired a cot, I would say that was pretty nice. Still, I did pour some effort into trying to expand in the colonies. I rashly decided to declare war on China in the hopes of gaining the COT in Pegu, but the Chinese hordes proved too much and I had to settle for a white peace.

Perhaps most important of all was the negotiated settlement reached with Egypt regarding the status of eastern Anatolia. Under the aegis of Swiss supervision, an agreement was reached, whereby Treibzond, Taurus, and Kars were returned to the Roman Empire in exchange for a monetary sum and Rome's West African colonies. The opinion in Constantinople is that the Near Eastern Question has been brought to a satisfactory conclusion, and looks upon any forcible alteration of that status quo in the future with the strictest disfavor.

One of Rome's many lucky breaks this session was the acquistion of a random general who, combined with my full offensive slider, had a 6-shock stat. Combinbed with my 999 monarch, I regarded it as incredibly wasteful to not fight at least one war with these two advantages. To that end, I turned my attention north after 1621. I had never been quite satisfied with Ingria's treacherous violation of the spirit of the Crimean Partition and resolved to liberate Tauride province from their undeserving hands. King speedy, it appears, was caught somewhat unprepared. My cavalry armies, 60k in total and divided between a lvl 6 and 5 shock general respectively, swarmed off my galley fleet and into Ingrian territory, dealing numerous early blows to Ingria's armed forces.

However, the sheer size of the enemy country and the dangers of the winter snows meant I suffered significantly from attrition, prompting me to time and again pull my cavalry armies back to be resupplies. Speedy used these respites to regroup and reinforce his armies, but his attitude was generally cautious. Tauride and Donetsk were given up to Roman captivity, with Kiev serving as a sort of no-man's hand between his armies in Kursk and mine in Bunjak/Tauride. Roman cavalry armies would sally north past this border zone, usually beat the Ingrian armies, only to fall back due to battle casualties and the threat of winter. In one instance, ( mid-1625, I think) my cavalry were nearly wiped out when a battle deep in the heart of Ingria (in Tula, I believe) turned against them. As luck would have it, my cavalry retreated north, almost reaching Novgorod, while speedy naturally assumed they were fleeing south. I was able to swing east, using the Don River to cover me retreat to safety in the coastal region.

With a full treasury and secure borders, I was able to provide my northern war with a steady stream of reinforcements. Over time, this seemed to threaten to destabilize my realm, however. Rebellions began popping up all over, particularly around Albania and the eastern fringes of the empire. Cyprus actually declared independence in July 1625, and it seemed for a moment my realm might become unhinged if the war went on much longer. Fortunately, I put a lid on these rebellions, and a new cavalry army was assembled in the Crimea. Finally, on July 21, 1626, I confronted the bulk of the Ingrian army in Kursk and absolutely massacred his combined infantry/cavalry army down to a man. With his military virtually gone and my forces sweeping north (and Crimea and its allies declaring war on speedy), he wisely knew when to give in and accepted my peace proposal: Tauride was restored to its rightful Roman ruler.

Whether or not King Krisz will seek to conduct a revanchist campaign remains unknown to me, but Rome eagerly hopes Ingria would accept a restoration of relations based upon the partition agreement made after the departure of martin from the scene.

1597-1628 egypt

the session was fairly peaceful
egypt was in no mood for another war anytime soon so was desided to negotiate terms with byz for a non agression pact for 20years arround the time the swiss nap ended
after long negotiations and swiss pretty much using his land & navaltech to push it a bit terms where agreed where byz would give his west african provinces (2worthless provinces but it looks nice for egypt basicle) and 1k gold for3 eastern anatolian provinces
it was not a ideal deal but i could i live with it, however i had no intrest in letting swiss use the opurtonity to dow bremen again as i have sympathy for the little north german country as he helped out when i got ganged a few weeks ago and he was the only 1 brave enough at the time so the least i could do is add it to the deal wich was agreed by swiss shortly after

other then that very little was done this session besides the ussual i finaly got a drill instructer wich helped my sliders a fair bit and some other not to bad random events
eventually i also dowed the mughals to annex them +delhi and take a bite from bengal, currently i managed to annex the first 2 and im about to finish my peace with hyderabad & bengal so everything should soon be alright

most of persia, west africa, afganistan & i believe timbuktu converted to by now so i can focus mostly on my new indian holdings next session,
sadly my nice king died and i dont have much to look forward to so i might aswell continiu to try and convert a bit
at same time egypt is tryng to catch up in landtech & navaltech so i can defend myself but i have no intrest to change the status quo in anatolia at this time unles byz or swiss trys to push for more then the current border so it more or less depends on others what my near future foreign policy will be

-1inflation

UNITED SLAVIC STATES - 1597 - 1628

eu_flag.jpg
+
flag_d_pol.jpg
=
flag_d_usa.jpg

TIME OF SORROW

Money

Money were and are the most concerning thing for our beloved realm. Despite many attempts of establishing more efficient trade United Slavic States are still one of the poorest nations and can't afford things like manufactures or very expensive conversions. Our president (there were some changes in constitution since last monarch assassination by HAL The Hero) is crying like a child when seeing his country is still unable to get rid of effects of Times of Horror in XV century. It has been more than 100 years but even our capital is smaller and poorer than capitals of other powers. Slavs complain about it a lot and believes Times of Sorrow continues...

Technology

In science area USS is not advance as most of its neighbours, but when taking our money problems in consideration and total lack of manufactures (our president dream about them day and night) it looks like we are doing just fine. Trade 4 was discovered not so long time ago and soon we will catch up with 18 land technology and join modern nations in that.

Colonisation

Unfortunately, mostly because of lack of money (census barely fits current army and trade needs) USS established only two new colonies in North America. So far there is no idea how to get out of this stagnation.

Wars

Last decades USS armies were marching with banner "Unification is the way! Death to minors!". It happened so because of a lot of economical conflicts with bastards like Narnia, Austria or Salzburg who dared to interfere in our trade affairs. The price they paid was very grievous. USS and Swiss joined forces and annexed most of them. It strained our reputation and now USS have to face plots of being bad boy and internal turmoil, but there was no other way.
Also thanks to help of Bremen we managed to finally get rid of Denmark and stop their infinitive insults to our merchants.

Diplomacy

In diplomacy United Slavic States shines upon all of nations! Most of our neighbours are our friends or at least remain neutral and even helps us. Let me just remind the example of evil Witcher of Eire who after decades of conflicts and tensions agreed to give us Skane core province back. Also Bremen is no longer hostile and, as I mentioned before, helps us with minors. On south mighty Swiss still show us signs of respect, and Roman Empire sends gifts time to time to improve relations. And finally our beloved Ingria whose troubles we share in our hearts. In other words USS is magnificent example of righteous state.

reward: please lower my bb as much as it is only possible :)

Last edited:
UNITED SLAVIC STATES - 1628 - 1651

eu_flag.jpg
+
flag_d_pol.jpg
=
flag_d_usa.jpg

AGE OF CATCH UP :)

Money

With enormous effort USS managed to reach 200 income. Mostly thanks to trading and fact that lost african COT suddenly reappeared itself. Many Slavs consider it as a sign fo Divine powers, but those more educated realise it was only evil magic of Witcher of Eire and that our ethernal hero HAL saved the COT from him.

Technology

Some may call last period in USS history an Age of Catch Up, as our state is now almost as more advance as countires like Neustria or Bremen and is no longer consider to be backward. However there are still areas where we need more investements. Fortunately with four brand new manufactories it will be more efficient.

Colonisation

There are some two new top secret USS colonies where our top secret services develop new top secret weapons and interrogate prisoners of war. Only few people in state know its exact locations. Some says it is somwhere near China.

Wars

USS did not have conventional wars between 1628 and 1651 but there was very intensive trade war which toke place all over the World and will probably still continue.

Diplomacy

Rapid changes in european diplomacy forced to USS to revise its politics. Some NAPs were refused and right now it is obvious that most of our neighbours from the west, plan attacks on USS soil. Also hot line with Switzerland during current World War provoked some nations to use it as excuse and strain our relations. Still President of USS is making desperate attempts to save peace.

reward: please lower my bb as much as it is only possible :)

Last edited:
Bremen, 1628 - 1651

The years started well. The first 15years was all about reasearching, and upgrading, and a small war with hyderbad of course, i only took three provinces. Because the people of Bremen likes their high standards, they can drink coffe or tea to breakfast, and after that take a smoke from the finest tobacco from Virginia company ;)
I also reached LT18 so i could stand against my nighbours temptation about bremish land. For the long my LT has been falling behind, but those days are over! I also improved fotresssize in most boarder provinces, this would hopefully make the provinces less attraktiv, delay all assults and make it alot harder to storm.

So, with some new manufactories, and govenurs in allmost all provinces. I could finally get some money to my treasury.
But suddenly the day came, when people started to talk about revenge against Swizz, the people that have been treated Bremish people so bad. Of course Bremen was interested. So Bremen mobilized an army big as the supportlimit allowed. And waited for the allys call, First did Eire DoW, later Roman Empire And after that Bremen attacked. many young mens, thousand of them, fought well. Both against swizz, and the partner Swizz. bremish soldiers captured easily 2-3prov from Swizz
but it was one swizz army that fought extra well. too bad they had to die, becuaes of their excellent fighting techniec. So the army marched after them , all the way to north Italy. Were it got traped by two other Swizz armies. The generel was clever, and used the terrian to escape Italy, he also managed to capture one provinces. The general marched to east Swizz, along with Romans and started to siege, he won a great victory: 22k vs 53k and won. But the glory days were soon over, in the next counterattack he died... But he served his country well.
The swizz nighbourNeustria was a bigger problem that swizz in the start, mostly becuase of all the cavalry and plains. But that army had to move south because the pressure got bigger in there. Once again i rushed in and stormed 4provinces without any big resisten,

It ended with +44WS against Swizz/Neustria. So the foolish king tried to stabhit Swizz country. To bad that it failed and he accepted, so Bremen got core province, Mainz. With no land connection to the rest of the empire. So now Bremish soldier have nothing to do, just sitting, and waiting for the right moment.

- Infla

at the start of this session egypt was atwar with hyderabad & bengal in a attempt to secure the remains of north india and convert central india as a bufferstate,
despite fairly high war exaustion due to the fact that this war has been going on since the moment we invaded the mughals we managed to succeed in both objections fairly fast this session

when peace was a achieved shortly after i set out to focus on getting my census up a bit and promote deflation by building governors & tax collectors in all provinces including the pagan and hindu provinces
wich turned out to be a fairly good succes btw as my census was increased to 940 or so in peacetime at +3stab

most of the session outside that war was spend atpeace teching up in arms and naval advancements while that europe was yet again in flames as the irish+moors fought the swiss+neustria again & failed
this was a bit troubling since i prefer a status quo and was beginning to worry a to powerful swiss navy (already to big for my taste atm)

so when moors+irish asked me to join the war i was considering it,
however 2things where a issue;
the first was byzantium i expected him to help swiss vs me if i dow wich turned out to be wrong as moors apearently bribed him to turn sides
the secund the swiss fleet, for me to enter the war the irish & preferable the moors had to keep that fleet busy so i could transfer troops to italy wich i ended up getting but was a bit late and had some trouble early of the war i think
+the swiss fleet managed to evade the byz+irish fleets several times causing quite alot of annoyance to my fleet and disrupted my reinforcements a few times

war was declared seperatly after byzantium+bremen joined cause to be fair even if he agreed to enter i didnt trust byzantium yet 100% and i was stuck in my ai alliance so i had to dow on my own anyway
with so many against him+neustria you would expect a short war but turns out that people are either not putting in the effort they should or waisted alot of recourses on neustria or basicle just made mistakes tbh

egypt has been fighting since the beginning of the war in italy, with batlefields ranging from venice, napoli/rome all the way back to genoa, egyptian troops saw it all and captured some of it
but the swiss troops has proven to be resillient and hard to beat out of his defencive lines and has cost me a great deal of gold and men

in the end tho the swiss has been slowly pushed north by egyptian troops to the point that we now occupy south & central italy along with the islands of corsica/sardinia and are currently sieging pisa
however ..... egypt finaly realised something, his ally bremen is out of the war we didnt even notice what they took till end of the session tbh wich was a suprise
we also realise at end of the session that we have not seen any irish army fighting or byzantine army heading for austria, all we saw for support is 30k moors that took apulia wich is a main demand for egypt(somewhat annoyng) and other then that barely any moorish have been spotted all war outside stealing a siege in corsica for a while

now i admit the fleet support was needed and despite really slow movement and several times the swiss fleet managed to chase my anyway despite them suposedly blockading it it stil helped alot
egypt is stil very annoyed at the lack of support granted by the coalition patners in the field(onland) and the only ones i really care about are either fairly safe or already peaced(silly delian)
and all i can say is, egypt does not support any other player terms unles they actually fight for it and demand people put in the effort

award -1inflation

Last edited:
aar egypt

at the beginning of this session egypt desided to offer a generous offer to the swiss and they where wise to accept, the return of all lands lost to swiss in the passed is now a fact and egypt finaly rules rome
while everybody else fought alot egypt recuperated a bit and moved on, th it apears egypt is the winner in this great war & poland ended up the looser

at some point i treatent to attack should they keep pushing vs poland but when i heard about them being in a position to forcepeace him i dropped the matter but did promise to free poland later
to be fair tho egypt was atpeace for most of the session asfar as i know, prefering a defencive policy above attacking anybody unles provoked there was 1 exeption :

when ingria dowed byzantium (forgot the reason) along with the swiss the irish & moorish joined against my good russian friend, now i had my excuse to free poland so war was joined and i landed in constantinople forcing byz to peace out
then we redirected the efforts to moors, and both the moorish & irish fleets got kicked out of the med (after alot of trouble thanks to the swiss forgetting to turn maintenance on) and north africa & iberia was invaded, but since where kinda a crt behind its hard to face the moors in batle, tho we pushed forward at some point i realized hmmm what are we even fighting ? since moors have already agreed to let poland go basicle so after session peace was offert to him & he agreed wich only leaves john to defend himself and i think ill pay dublin a visit just to test those nice generals out

outside that war very little happend to egypt , the army was rebuild the fleet expanded & no conversions where made due our really bad monarch, land & navaltech is our priority at this time and where also tryng to reduce inflation wich is working pretty good so far

-2inflation(didnt get it last week)

The Roman Empire: 1650-1671

Disappointment seems to be the order of the day. The war against Switzerland, begun so hopefully by the combined effort of Bremen, Ireland, Andalusia, Egypt, and Byzantium has ended, it seems, in dismal failure. Aside from perhaps Andalusia, Byzantium probably endured the worst of the conflict, sustaining as it did a 3-front war and largely abandoned by is supposed allies (with the exception of Ireland, which came to Byzantium's defense, and Andalusia, which due to geography could not help) to face the Slavic States and Ingria alone. However, miraculously Byzantium escaped that war territorially undiminished, though New Rome repeatedly asked for terms of surrender that were never answered.

The Empire considers the whole endeavor to have been a worthless catastrophe on the diplomatic and strategic front, evidenced by the subsequent, simultaneous attack from three directions only a few short years after the end of the first war. The details of the war are unimportant, because, outnumbered at least three to one, the outcome of the war was not in doubt. Consequently, it is the opinion of New Rome that it is to wash its hands of all such endeavors. New Rome cannot, it is plainly evident, tie its fortunes to the bumbling, counter-productive whims of its erstwhile allies. Thus, a diplomatic volte-face is preferable, nay, essential for New Rome's future prosperity. The Slavic States may have been rendered harmless for a generation, but this was never a goal of imperial policy. Malacca is simply not worth the price that is demanded of the empire.

Unless a truly remarkable offer can be made to persuade New Rome contrary to the sentiment so expressed, it seems that the task of New Rome for the foreseeable future will be to commit itself to a policy of internal growth: colonization and consolidation, trade, scientific pursuits, centralization of administration and emancipation of serfs, and the expansion of manufacturies. New Rome is, after all, homogenous in religion and filled with mutually supportive cultural and nationalist elements conducive to public harmony.

Neustria: 1520-1545

Number of provinces: 37 (10th/10).
Income: 6th/10.
Army: Weak
Neighbors: Better.

After many sessions being exausted by wars against my neighbours, neustria finally achieved to have some time for itself.

The main goal of neustria became to find agreements with his neighbours to get peace for a long time.
3 agreements had been made during this session. One with Switzerland, which made us annex and took stabhits for annexing his vassals, against some lands in central america (included one gold mine). We also agreed upon borders in central america, where north zapotecs would go for him, while i'll get south zapotecs and mayas.
A second agreement has been made with Roman Empire, who would give me isles in the carribean against some ducats (300).
A third agreement has been made with Delian, which would result in the exchange of the CoT in america he got from Roman empire against Koln and Trier. 2 Cities which are cores for him but not for me.

All those agreements had been made for only one purpose : recovering.
During those years, we decided to keep neutral on all conflicts around us. We have seen Crimea being badly beaten by ingria, byzantines, moors and swiss ganging egypt.

A new area is opening for Neustria, where we need to mainly catch up our neighbours in technology (9th in 1520 and 5th in 1545).

The goal is nomore to become one of the 4 superpower (eire-moors-swiss-egypt), but more about being the 5th.

Neustria 1545-1568

Number of provinces: 48 (8th/9).
Income: 5th/9.
Army: Average
Neighbors: Peaceful

At start of the session, Eire asked me if i wanted a NAP. It already had been 40 years that we had been had peace, and we wanted to continue our reconstruction.
John allowed me to annex britanny, his 100 years' vassal. The effort has been made another time in the colonial policy, trying to create a sphere of coprosperity around cuba and haïti. Having a big and concentrated empire could allow us later to expand easier into Mexico (swiss lands), where are aztec gold mines and CoT, or into Moors lands in Incas. The 5th place was being done, since Bremen had been many times at war against Swiss and United Slavic States (that's the cost of being allied to john :D)

But since those 2 are superpowers, fighting them alone would be simple suicide.
My position in the middle of 3 of the 4 superpowers is quite unconfortable, and it's already a miracle that Neustria is still alive in this earth. From now i think that Neustrian independance is quite safe, and i can finally do some real diplomacy without fearing being simplly destroyed by my greedy neighbours.

Neustria 1568-1597

Number of provinces: 53 (7th/9).
Income: 6th/9.
Army: Strong
Neighbors: Business is business.

Even if i had already been at war against John the bulimic many times, i usually consider this session as the real starting one. Real wars and diplomacy against others real powers could be made, which would finally end by letting neustria having a new place in the sun.
The session could have begin really bad, if i didn't agreed with John and Mats to attack Moors some years after the session. Moors were barely at peace during all the game, and were now the 1st country by far in the statistics.
Probably because John had a NAP with Moors ending in 1575, Aladar decided to attack me at start of the session. Our agreement against moors made Mats enter the war on my side. Of course i was totally overwhelmed by moors, but Mats achieved to get a white peace against them.
After some years of preparation, we finally started the war against moors. Mats invaded africa and me his colonies in south america allowed us to get the right warscore pretty fast to allow us to get everything we wanted. Some colonies in america, and a good defense line in north of Spain which will prove useful in the next war.

Some years later, i've seen Moors teching LT, probably to seek for revenge against anyone of us. Having hear that finally Moors were going to fight me, i've decided to forestall the moors and attacked them before they reached their LT. They were very prepared for the war (i've saw a lot of packs of 50-60k going to north of spain after war started)
This decision proved great, since the war was won, mostly thanks to the aragonese mountains. I've gained 3 more colonies and some ducats in the peace (stabhit) deal.
But after that war, i knew that i wouldn't be able to hold this line when Moors will reach his CRT. He's still bigger and stronger than me, and with the breaking of the Mats-John alliance which protected me against him at the start of the session, i entered negociations with Aladar to let him get back his 3 aragonese territory before another attack.
Finally i've been able to get a lot of new colonies in brazil and incas in return of those provinces + a NAP which allowed me to get the CRT myself before it ends.

Yeah i know there is still 100 years to catch up but that's still 3 aars so -3 infla.

Last edited:
UNITED SLAVIC STATES - 1651 - 1671

eu_flag.jpg
+
flag_d_pol.jpg
=
flag_d_usa.jpg

AGE OF BETRAYAL

Wars

Disgrace! Treason! Perfidy! No words to describe how treacherously USS was treated! After years of peace relations with Romans worsened. They started to oppress Slavs and even threat USS with vassalisation. There was no other way like war in order to save our honour. Some may say it was more like a tournament, since USS was preparing for a long time to attack and it was obvious armies will soon cross the border. But when they finally did it was no longer as tournament. Romans managed to win few battles with help of their good cavalry leader , but later Slavs crushed their defence and start to hit near capital. Even combined forces of Swiss and Ingria did not manage to do what USS army did in matter of months. At first Roman Empire Started to ask for peace, but our king was a bit too greedy and he did not see great danger coming - The Moors. For no apparent reason this uber nation decided "it is time to punish USS" (for what?! We were so good!). Moors huge armies landed on baltic coast and cut our lines of supplies. Short after that our so called "allies" Swiss and Ingria peaced out and left us alone with two heavy fronts. USS tried to fight for a year or more, but there was no hope. When stability reached critical levels we were forced to give up to Moors. Now Slavs are semi slaves but we are proud people and our pride was noticed. Mighty Egypt who was at war with Moors too decided it is honorable to help us and forced evil from the west to end vassalisation soon. So right now USS people are gathering in rallies and shout for revenge on those who betrayed us!

deflation