• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I'm thinking Liberia is too small anybody have a cwalm with Ambassador Dolbert being Ambassador Dolbert to the UK?

New Democrat: Thomas Howard

General Mandrake slaughtered innocent Americans and burned their homes and towns to the ground. Destroying the families, economy and lives of the south and thousands of Americans. His actions were unessisary and heavy handed. Southers can never forgive you sir.

((Boom. Didn't see that coming, did you?))

Once again the New Democrats have resorted to vile slanderous attacks against those patriotic Americans who risked their lives to defend this nation. America can not trust this bunch who slanders our military for cheap political gain. True patriots support Gen. Mandrake and the Republican Party.

Once again the New Democrats have resorted to vile slanderous attacks against those patriotic Americans who risked their lives to defend this nation. America can not trust this bunch who slanders our military for cheap political gain. True patriots support Gen. Mandrake and the Republican Party.

The only cheap action was when your republican Goverment slaughtered thousands of innocent Americans. War is fought on the battlefield, not in the homes of innocent men, women and children. Their blood is on your hands.

You may want everyone to forget the dirty deed and hide under the lies. I tell you this, the southern people can never forget. America will never forget.

America can not trust this bunch who slanders our military for cheap political gain. True patriots support Gen. Mandrake and the Republican Party.

I'm am not slandering anybody or being unpatriotic. Only speaking the truth.

((This is getting interesting))

Last edited:
Mr. Orange, I have to ask you: who really slaughtered innocent Americans?

My father was brutally murdered by a Southern secessionist, for no reason other than he was affiliated with a president who disavowed states' rights. Despite all the hardships he went through, despite all the political engineering that he had to face, my father stood up for the South and its rights, and how was he repaid? He was blown to pieces.

Don't you dare attempt to criticize us for the actions we took and then completely ignore how it was the Southern aristocrats who started the war. I have no love for General Mandrake's presidential platform, but by God, at least he doesn't desecrate the memories of the fallen with hypocrisy!

Are fools like these who would willingly open up old wounds and then throw salt on them for no real reason other than political ambition really the kind of people we want leading us? I say nay! Let every True American see these scoundrels and liars for what they are!

Last edited:
After the southern nationalist revolt of 1869, that Gen. Mandrake and his men courageously fought against, it is the height of irresponsibility to try and rile up southerners. I know President Jamous has firmly opposed southern nationalists sentiments, does the rest of his party share his views, or do they want more violence and internal strife.

Mr. Orange, I have to ask you: who really slaughtered innocent Americans?

My father was brutally murdered by a Southern secessionist, for no reason other than he was affiliated with a president who disavowed states' rights. Despite all the hardships he went through, despite all the political engineering that he had to face, my father stood up for the South and its rights, and how was he repaid? He was blown to pieces.

Don't you dare attempt to criticize us for the actions we took and then completely ignore how the South started the war. I have no love for General Mandrake's presidential platform, but by God, at least he doesn't desecrate the memories of the fallen with hypocrisy!

Are fools like these who would willingly open up old wounds and then throw salt on them for no real reason other than political ambition really the kind of people we want leading us? I say nay! Let every True American see these scoundrels and liars for what they are!

The truth hurts gentlemen. The fact is that if the south had done this to any northern settlement, every participant would have been hung. It's is only because we won that these murders are allowed to walk free. I'm glad we won. Slavery is wrong and we had to fight the south. But the way we fought the war was also wrong.

I would like you to tell me how I am a scoundrel or a lier. I would also like to say that these are my views. Not my parties. Any abuse should be directed at me, not my party.

I only speak the truth. If you don't like it fine. But nobody can say that was nessisary or just. Those were our own people! Americans!

Last edited:
((Atlanta, GA. A Speech on the front lawn of the Mayoral Mansion. Upon Recieving the news that he is unnoposed))​

Peoples of America! Southerners and Northerners and Negroes! Our Victory is soon at hand! Firstly I would like to thank all of you for your unwavering support of me in the last election and the recently concluded primaries. It means a great deal to me that myself and the ideal of National Vinogradism have been so well recieved by all of you and the Libretarian Party as a whole. Together, My Friends, we shall move forward to build a better America for all of its citizens be they rich, poor, young, old, rotund, or emaciated. I also cannot fail to mention, lest I'd be a liar, the great deal of effort towards this common goal that Trade Unionists and Marxists-Vinogradists have also given. Equality with Democracy, Freedom with Justice, this is what we stand for in the Libretarian Party. And just as the factions of Libretarianism must cooperate with one another to secure victory and bring justice to the people, You the people of America must cooperate with one another to secure a brighter future. No Violent revolution can bring a better future. Especially one with only a minority of support amongst the Populace. This is proven by the recent events known as the "Little Anarchy." Only a peaceful revolution can succeed. With the moves toward Universal Education, Universal Equality of Opportunity, and Universal Liberties that I will undertake should I be elected shall constitute such a peaceful revolution in and of itself without the modification of ther constitution and following in the footstreps of our founding fathers and heroes. This is why I ask for your vote today, to bring a peaceful, constitutional, and positive Revolution to our people. The Democrats and Republican argue amongst themselves over who is more corrupt in a endless cycle of mudslinging and Counter-Accusations. I Even saw a poster fluttering through the streets a few weeks ago claiming that the New Democrats ate babies. They may not agree with us Politically, but that is a entirely untruthful and ludicrous accusation. Be particularly wary of the Republicans, they seek a Counter-Revolution to garuntee that those who have wealth and power are never challenged by the people, thier equals in Natural Rights, and superiors in the fruits of thier labour, ever again. In response to this Mudslinging and the more based accusations of Corruption should I be elected I shall pass tough anti-corruption legislation; furthermore laws will be passed making those who publish political adveritisements making verifyably false claims will be able to be sued in civil court. With regards to increased southern Nationalist sentiment I state that I would not approve of another War or Warlike Rebellion and would prosecute the ringleaders accordingly as well as holding no more such sentiments myself. But if you wish to express your views peacefully through protest and Non-Confrontation then you shall go unmolested. If you are a Southern Nationalist ignore the Government in Exile's calls to arms but forge your own movement relevant to your own time. All it takes is someone wth the courage to speak up, look to Vinogradism as your example. Through these policies, these Ideals, the Ideal of National Vinogradism, we will achieve a peaceful revolution improving the lives of all. I Humbly on these policies request your votes. Vote Bryan for a brighter future. Vote Libretarian for Peace & Prosperity. I am Confident the American People will make the right choice.

How can the General not raise taxes and provide a full system of education for the poor? Streamlining will only go so far, and he will have to raise funds for education. My system would require less spending and would provide the same results; a good education.

But regardless, attacks on the General's character are unprovoked, and, more importantly, unfounded, Mr. Ambassador!

Senator Henry J. Jarvis of California, Champion of the Constitution and Republican Candidate for President

How can the General not raise taxes and provide a full system of education for the poor? Streamlining will only go so far, and he will have to raise funds for education. My system would require less spending and would provide the same results; a good education.

But regardless, attacks on the General's character are unprovoked, and, more importantly, unfounded, Mr. Ambassador!

Senator Henry J. Jarvis of California, Champion of the Constitution and Republican Candidate for President

((I assume you are referring to me when you say ambassador? I'm senator of Pennsylvania, but anyway...))

Are the Republicans completely blind? How is my attack unprovoked or unfounded? We all know it's true. There is proof. There are witnesses. There is evidence. The republicans belive this act of butchery is fine, but we all know it isn't.

The Army's jobs is to protect the American people. Not to slaughter them!

We have already had one president who has murdered innocent Americans. I wish not to see another!

((I'm taken my character towards a more radical, hardline view))

((I assume you are referring to me when you say ambassador? I'm senator of Pennsylvania, but anyway...))

Are the Republicans completely blind? How is my attack unprovoked or unfounded? We all know it's true. There is proof. There are witnesses. There is evidence. The republicans belive this act of butchery is fine, but we all know it isn't.

The Army's jobs is to protect the American people. Not to slaughter them!

We have already had one president who has murdered innocent Americans. I wish not to see another!

((I'm taken my character towards a more radical, hardline view))

That I am targeted by an attempt at character assassination, during the primaries, is unbelievable. That I am targeted by lies, and lies from a Senator of Pennsylvania, a state I fought to protect, is betrayal. Would your constituents be so quick to pass judgment on my actions during the war? You can ask any person here, Northern, Southern, libertarian or Democrat, and all will tell you that I gave every foe opportunity to surrender under fair conditions. During the war I was always in the public forum with the loudest voice crying out for moderation when prosecuting the war. And it was I, sitting outside of Charlotte, South Carolina with my Army, that offered safe passage to all people that surrendered and registered for reconstruction. I was also foremost in pushing for a gentler reconstruction policy that reintegrated Confederate soldiers and officers into American society, and it was under my guidance that reconstruction unofficially began, by providing jobs to destitute Southerners in my region of command so that they could clothe and feed their families. Sir, I do not like to speak in "I's", but I cannot let a baseless lie such as this besmirch my character.

Such unpleasantries aside, a vote for Max Mandrake and the Republican Party is a vote for progress that this country needs. We will put the divisions of the past behind us, and we will strive together for a better America. I will work with all parties to provide better governance - a government of conscience and positive action - to achieve things that most Americans have only dreamed of. I challenge all Americans, every last one of us, to join me and the Republican Party in a crusade to rid this country of illiteracy and ignorance. I challenge all of us to establish a transcontinental railroad that will connect this country like never before. I challenge all of us to provide a stronger environment for American business to flourish the globe over. For decades we have stumbled from year to year, facing each problem of the moment with little forethought. Always that glimmer of hope of what America could be, on the distant horizon, masked by the fog of apathy, uprisings, war, and class struggle. With your help, America, the Republican Party and I will roll up our sleeves and go to work to make that dream of America, your dream, a reality.

In Service,
General Maximilian Mandrake

General Mandrake is my choice. I must say that I am appalled by this ungentlemanly tactic of slander; were I a lawyer, I would recommend that General Mandrake consider a lawsuit.

Thank you for your support, Senators Demchak, Edmonds, and everyone else who has defended my character and cast a vote for me. I will not return fire with such detestable tactics. It goes against everything I stand for. This country needs unity of purpose, not the hostilities of the past being dredged to the surface again.

General Max Mandrake

I condemn both sides of this argument. The Republicans for taking such offense at personal attacks, when they did the same to me 8 years ago. And my fellow New Democrats to sinking to the Republicans level. Both sides are in the wrong here, but what I would suggest is that the Republicans grow thicker skin and learn to deal with what they have brought into modern American politics. As for my fellow New Democrats, I suggest that you refrain from bringing issues from the past into the present. Yes many of us, including several current Republicans, condemned General Mandrake for his harsh treatment of the Southern population, but what is done is done. The American people shall decide if his actions in the past will dictate how he may run the nation.

Now that that is settled, I must Abstain from this year's primary. As I do not agree with the policies of Mr Walsh, and I will not force myself to choose between my former VP and my current VP, both of whom are respectable men.

Screw it all, Ill remove myself from the primaries and put behind Mandrake.

(Im getting to thinking my character should off himself from his failure in politics. Is anyone Governor of New York? I think my guy could use a promotion to Governor of New York).

Last edited:
General Mandrake, Given that charlotte is in North Carolina, I Can only assume you meant Charleston SC in your speech. (:)p))

I condemn both sides of this argument. The Republicans for taking such offense at personal attacks, when they did the same to me 8 years ago. And my fellow New Democrats to sinking to the Republicans level. Both sides are in the wrong here, but what I would suggest is that the Republicans grow thicker skin and learn to deal with what they have brought into modern American politics. As for my fellow New Democrats, I suggest that you refrain from bringing issues from the past into the present. Yes many of us, including several current Republicans, condemned General Mandrake for his harsh treatment of the Southern population, but what is done is done. The American people shall decide if his actions in the past will dictate how he may run the nation.

Now that that is settled, I must Abstain from this year's primary. As I do not agree with the policies of Mr Walsh, and I will not force myself to choose between my former VP and my current VP, both of whom are respectable men.

I too no offense to what were clearly baseless lies. I expected it, and I moved on. But I shall say this: War is hell. It takes in men and returns dark shells of their former selves. No man comes out unscathed. That I emerged with a sense of compassion and honor for our defeated foes - I sir, have a clean conscience.

General Mandrake

General Mandrake, Given that charlotte is in North Carolina, I Can only assume you meant Charleston SC in your speech. (:)p))

((Yeah that was a doh on my part... I even flew through Charlotte, NC a few days ago and still got it confused... Charlotte, Charleston... heck I even live in Charlottesville. You'd think I wouldn't make that kind of silly mistake. :p))