• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((well since you killed him off, I'd watch your back.))

((I Guess my speech played in well to your plotline, how ahead are you in the Game? If the South is to lose i will need to PM you my death))

Oh dear. :D

I'm on March 1st 1858, but the South is going to lose. That's almost for sure. I'm placing a fight-to-the-death rule on the Civil War, and the South doesn't have enough cannon fodder to survive that. Sorry. :(

Oh dear. :D

I'm on March 1st 1858, but the South is going to lose. That's almost for sure. I'm placing a fight-to-the-death rule on the Civil War, and the South doesn't have enough cannon fodder to survive that. Sorry. :(

Unless the british Intervene, or the french. did you enact the ostend manifesto as per the cuban liberty act?

WIll there be multiple war updates more than usual? or should I begin finalizing the details of my persona's death immediately?

Unless the british Intervene, or the french. did you enact the ostend manifesto as per the cuban liberty act?

WIll there be multiple war updates more than usual? or should I begin finalizing the details of my persona's death immediately?

Yeah. That would turn ugly. I did, and now I've got to spend all my diplomacy points on currying favor back from 50 to 200 with the Brits and, surprisingly, the French. We had 200 with them. :confused:

The war updates will come one year at a time. The next one's going to be 1858: The Year of First Blood. Then 1859: The Year of... so on.

Yeah. That would turn ugly. I did, and now I've got to spend all my diplomacy points on currying favor back from 50 to 200 with the Brits and, surprisingly, the French. We had 200 with them. :confused:

The war updates will come one year at a time. The next one's going to be 1858: The Year of First Blood. Then 1859: The Year of... so on.

It Also wouldnt be so historically unrealistic for them to intervene now given that my efforts have diluted southern slaery to its mildest possible form, nonwithstanding the Ostend manifesto.

It Also wouldnt be so historically unrealistic for them to intervene now given that my efforts have diluted southern slaery to its mildest possible form, nonwithstanding the Ostend manifesto.

Perhaps, although the game mechanics mean they'd have to declare a separate, BB-inducing war since for some reason you're not allowed to intervene in the ACW.

Perhaps, although the game mechanics mean they'd have to declare a separate, BB-inducing war since for some reason you're not allowed to intervene in the ACW.

Ive Seen it Happen, The British AI in particular is extremely oppurtunistic. I would be intresting from a political point of view how America would react to losing the south.

Ive Seen it Happen, The British AI in particular is extremely oppurtunistic. I would be intresting from a political point of view how America would react to losing the south.

It would, but I think it's rather unlikely considering the superclose ties the US and UkK have TTL. The -150 drop is a little big when you remember the Nicaragua and Forsyth-Ashburton treaties, not to mention all the military cooperation and sharing between Britain and what is now the Union.

Also, I think that point of view is better fitted for an AAR with the House Divided Expansion.

It would, but I think it's rather unlikely considering the superclose ties the US and UkK have TTL. The -150 drop is a little big when you remember the Nicaragua and Forsyth-Ashburton treaties, not to mention all the military cooperation and sharing between Britain and what is now the Union.

Also, I think that point of view is better fitted for an AAR with the House Divided Expansion.

Is Mexico in the US Sphere? Ive also seen them help the CSA before

((What happened to the good Senator Hensdale's write off?))

Cameron is dead and we are at war with the perfidious South. Methinks I can relaunch my political career and finally destroy the SNM for all.

I suggest to the new president, in the strongest terms, that he disestablishes the loyalist finger of the SNM led by Khur, wipes away their old identity, and integrates those troops fully into the federal army as we mobilize troops and create new conscript formations.

All seasoned fighters will be needed to train and leaven units made up of primarily conscripts. We cannot have the romantic idea of keeping old units to meet their rivals on the field in this day and age.

Let this war be the final death of the Southern National Militia in all of its forms!

Also, immediate abolition in all territory we hold or capture would be nice.

I think I'll be president again in '61 after all. Not running for Pres this time around has its advantages - I can run in '61 according to the no more than twice in a row rule, seeing as I didn't run for pres but only as VP this time around.

((Whelp, with Sebastian's death, I suppose it's time to introduce his son.))

Name: Calvin C. Carr ((the triple C!))

Political party: Independent, due to the chaos caused by the most recent election/whatever ends up being TTL's Radical Republicans

Shortish biography: Born from a marriage between former senator and vice president Sebastian Carr and a pretty Manhattan girl, Calvin was interested in politics early on just as his father had been, however he wanted to spend his time in Germany aiding the liberal pan-nationalist movement there. Therefore, he spent a large deal of his time in Germany, attempting to liberate the German people from the autocratic tyrannies of the many fragmented German states, primarily the Kingdom of Prussia. After having little success, Calvin decided to return home back to the United States. However, by the time he arrived home, the Union had already began to unravel, and his father had been brutally maimed by a bomb going off in his residence in Washington, D.C. He saw his father shortly before he died of his wounds, and was filled with anger and hatred towards the South and the secessionists. He has thus sworn to avenge his father's death and bring the Southern States back into the Union, even if he has to kill every person south of the Mason-Dixon Line to do it.

Richmond, Virginia
Confederate States of America​

Fellow Citizens,

We are now embroiled in a deep sense of longing for our Cause. Various state legislatures have been called up and declared secession from the United States. I do not celebrate the Death of President Cameron nor the man who killed him. This was not the way to bring about change, change should be done by the Governments themselves or the Citizens at the ballot box. Seeing as the Governments have decided upon secession, I join alongside them, and my native state of Alabama. I condone the rash actions taken by these states, for I feel compromise is the best way to achieve lasting peace and stability, however, given the grave situation we are in, I will side with the Southern States and their Confederacy. I will work with the news political establishment in Richmond and the old one in Washington to try and mediate a peace deal that can be accepted by both sides.

I will hope to see cooler heads prevail in this grave situation we find ourselves in.

God Rest President Cameron
God Save the Confederate States!
Ex-Senator James Davis

I, Colonel Eric Vandrove, pledge my allegiance to the Union along with the almost entirely African American brigade I have raised! We shall march south and end the tyranny that the south inflicts upon it's black population! End slavery, end secession, end tyranny!

((Assassinations and deaths galore! What a fitting way to enter the Civil War.
(Didn't cameron say once that if anyone kills him he'd rise from the dead and eat them alive?)
Hmm, but Harme's already dead. Apparently Col. Mandrake didn't just save the president's wife and avenge the assassination of Cameron by killing off the assassin, but he also PREVENTED THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. :rofl:

If Brass becomes President again I'll roll in my grave.
"Here lies the grave of President Cameron.
Active in life, more active in death.
I'd stay away from this if I were you,
Who knows what his dead body will do nex-" ))

I propose that Khur's troops be placed as a special regiment in the Army of the Potomac, as the National Southern Militia, our first, but hopefully not our last, set of soldiers from our nation who reject this treason and work to reclaim their wayward region.