• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is just me but why not have the war start over North Korea? America invades on the assumption of Nukes or whatever is floating around the media these days. China considers communist Korea part of her sphere of influnce. Plus the US so close would no doubt bring up memories of the Korea War and why China got involed there.

just a thought. Cause with so many sides to any issue, America invading to stop a anti-american Nuclear power from starting up, and China fighting to secure her borders.

Good Ideas....

Good ideas so far. As we all well know, that in today's modern world, the U.S. has invaded 2 countries so far in the pretexts of:

1 - Protecting Democracy
2 - Spreading Democracy
3 - Defeating Terrorism
4 - Preventing the prolifiration of WMD's
5 - Removing Tyrants and Oppressive Regimes

These are valiant reasons for any country, however it is all well known that:

1 - Afhganistan was valid, but Iraq was not. Iraq was better off before the U.S. "Liberated" the country, now Iraq is far more dangerous than even before the invasion and occupation
2 - Spreading Democracy through force is a SURE way to make everyone wary and suspicious, it also makes the area where Democracy is being spread that much more resistant to its ideas
3 - Terrorism is not country-specific, it is everywhere. By invading Iraq, the U.S. has opened a Pandora's Box that may very well be impossible to close, Bush said that Iraq harbored Terrorism, they didn't actually, but now they do....Thank Bush for that
4 - No such WMD's were found in Iraq, considering that its the main reason (Excuse) to invade Iraq in the first place. It doesn't matter if the weapons were shipped to neighboring countries, the fact of the matter is, that they were not found
5 - Tyrants? Oppressive Regimes? More like cleaning up their old mess considering that the U.S. Supported Saddam during the Iraq-Iran war. Thank the CIA for this

Fenwick and Ringwraith18 made some good points:

1 - A third country that ignites the war that makes the other countries choose sides
2 - China would consider a united Korea under the South Korean flag so close to its borders as an imminent threat since it could be used as a launching point for a possible U.S. invasion of the Mainland
3 - Taiwan could be the igniter, but there should be more options, each country should have a Valid Justification and Options to choose whether to choose sides or to stay neutral

Fenwick said:
This is just me but why not have the war start over North Korea? America invades on the assumption of Nukes or whatever is floating around the media these days. China considers communist Korea part of her sphere of influnce. Plus the US so close would no doubt bring up memories of the Korea War and why China got involed there.

just a thought. Cause with so many sides to any issue, America invading to stop a anti-american Nuclear power from starting up, and China fighting to secure her borders.

You want to know why? Because a victory on the Korean peninsula will force a reunion of the two koreas, which is something South Korea is not willing to do. Why? Because the civil infrastructure, medical care system, educational system etc in the north is at a third-world-level (if not lower), while the south enjoys a western living standard. A Reunion will force the south to spend an enourmous amount of money on rebuilding the north, an expense which will severly cripple the economy. The south likes it as the situation is. As George Orwell put it: "War is Peace"

Red China said:
Man, I was expecting a lashing-out regarding my bluntness regarding the issue, but your professionalism in handling my reply is just awesome! I sincerely appreciate the gesture.

That's because you are talking to a Norwegian. We're as objective as you get a man. That's why we make such good negotiators :D
Seriously though, I don't like powerhouses, so the US is down the drain for me. If China ever rules as the new hyperpower, I won't like China :) Get the point? :)

Guys, guys, I like the new discussion, but I'd prefer we keep it in our HoI2 thread (check my sig) as the moderators will complain.

Reunion? Who said reunion? America just invades. Keep the story line simple. The simplier the story is the more open ended it can be. America can invade N. Korea saying their are nukes. Not maybe there are, not might be, there are nukes. China feels threatened by the US so close to its borders and starts a preemptive war.
OR
China invades Tiawan, because it is a rogue province. The US defends democracy and goes to war.