• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Just to temper some of the excitement.

It's been no secret that we think the management genre is interesting, we've done a bunch of different cool games that have been inspired by the classics. Sims definitely was an inspiration for parts of Crusader Kings 2. But as always whenever we make a new game we try to do it our way - we're not going to release anything that directly competes with Sims any time soon - of course not. But we think it's a great game and has a bunch of really interesting mechanics.

Many of us are big fans of the series and have played all the games.

But be vocal - we're always listening - As for 2016 - we've got tons of fun games in the pipeline that I think a lot of management/sim game fans would potentially enjoy - in the meanwhile try Crusader Kings 2 :)

/shams

Reactions:
Buy the rights to the Romance of the Three Kingdom series of games from KOEI.

It's a cool series - but I think Koei are very happy with having it in their safe hands :)

I purposely kept the same name as I have on the sims forums. I will be buying cities: skylines, I just need to wait one more week. A game of dwarves looks fun, I'm not really a fan of the 3D style but I still might pick it up. I'm keeping an eye on paradox games future and past so next time I'm in the game shopping mood I'll grab what I like.

Lol. One of the pre-order bonuses for Pillars of Eternity is a "giant miniature space piglet". I like the sound of that.

a game of dwarves is OK - but we kinda fell short. Wait for the steam summer sale before you pick it up to be honest.

/shams

Reactions:
How frustrated are people with Sims 4 really? it's still a great game no? regardless of the lack of content a bajillion Sims 3 expansions introduced (and everyone is now expecting).

/shams

We do try and keep the forums Work safe though, as many people here are adults and surf from work.
So it is not that we ban language from as sense that you are too immature to handle it, more from the other end, that we are too sophisticated to resort to it. ;)

I retcon'd your post a bit.

Reactions:
Just a note to avoid personal attacks or abuse towards individuals, I am sure that the people themselves are nice and friendly people, you may not agree with what they say or the way they say it, that is fine, but please do not get personal or nasty about it. You are looking for a more adult game, let demonstrate that we are adults and above childish pettiness.

Twitter has been a thing for a while. As to what people say there: they can say whatever they want. The fact is no one knows who/what/when/where/why or if a competitor will happen (except for a competitor) at this point, and it will take several years if it does. No one can say anything will ruin anything based on assumptions as fact and make it be a fact. Only time will tell.

As for Paradox stating they have no plans: if it came straight from the horse's mouth, all it means to me is that they have no plans.

Plans also change, and PI isn't the only other company out there; something new pops up every day.

Also, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but PI didn't actually create Skylines. I believe they only published it? Not 100% sure.

The Sims Community has become an interesting one over the years. I'll give it that.

City: Skylines was made by Colossal Order and published by Paradox Interactive.

Reactions: