• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah I noticed that too, for being so small they can round up a good sized army, but I struggled getting a good industry going as them.

I guess it is a sort of Balkan thing, due to the low pops and low literacy. I only have like 3 industrial points from capitalists who made a factory on their own. I don't really need an industry but it sucks that I can't be a G.P due to that

So what is going on with chancellor Nazaretian, general Niloa Petrov and the young heir of Tsar Kuzman!? I admit, that I didn’t comment here for a while, which was mostly due to my shock caused by Tsar Kuzman’s murder. But that definitely doesn’t mean, that I lost the interest to see how the story develops further. In another words, I would be very happy to see this AAR back on track. And I would say, that I am not the only one.

I believe, if you selected them to be public, you can get the URLs to the pics. But IFRC, you have to upload the screenshots for sharing.

Chapter 6 The Siege of Foreign Oppressors

Niloa Petrov sailed back to his home country; for the foreign dogs were at it again. Could something go his way just once? He had received news that Ottoman armies were moving in on Bulgaria.

But then he received news that nearly made the blood vessels in his eyes burst.

That Coward Dimitar Vasilev allowed the Wallachians to obliterate nearly 9,000 young and healthy Bulgarians! That is completely unacceptable! Those heathens! Niloa Petrov swore on his mother's grave that no general who chose to put his army in his way would leave with it intact! Every single Citizen of the Ottoman Empire who is not Bulgarian is responsible for this war crime! They will pay!

Unfortunately for Niloa Petrov; the Ottomans were prepared for sea-born relief.

Nazaretian was running about the palace in Sofia and packing his things. He figured that one of Bulgaria's enemies would be knocking on his door by the end of the month and he didn't want to be the one to answer it. He had Captain Radko Genadiev put Konstid in his quarters and guard the door, not allowing Konstid to leave. Once Nazaretian had his bag full he fled Sofia for a small vacation lodge in Varna.

Niloa Petrov had a different idea of how to deal with this threat. As his ship approached Bulgaria's southern coast the atmosphere onboard his ship changed from an army wanting righteous revenge to one realizing the weight of their situation; this could be the end of Bulgaria. Bulgaria was being invaded on all sides and Russia could not handle the French Army, worse yet the Bulgarian coast was sealed off.

This did not dampen Niloa Petrov's resolve.

He had the admiral out maneuver the Ottoman blockade and landed on the shore all guns blazing.

Niloa Petrov had last his sanity, he planned on butchering every Ottoman citizen who crossed his path. He slaughtered scores of his enemies but it wasn't enough; the front line was closing on all sides. Foreigners advanced closer and closer to Sofia everyday.

And then one day Niloa Petrov made a fatal mistake.

He had been in Silistre, cleaning out another wave of Ottomans when it happened; 18,000 Ottomans pinned his then weakened and battered army of 10,000 against the Black Sea. Niloa Petrov quickly ordered his men to dig trenches and create barricades out of trees, but it looked to be over. The 18,000 Ottomans pushed day after day against Petrov's defences; losing scores of men but taking down one Bulgarian for every man they lost. The casualties were roughly equal but the Bulgarians were numerically inferior. This was the end of Niloa Petrov, and with it all of Bulgaria's armed forces.

But then early on the morning of March 7th, a shout is heard in the distance; followed by a roar of gunfire. Niloa Petrov exited his tent to see over 30,000 green-clad Russians charge over the horizon firing their rifles and giving aggressive cries to frighten their enemies. The Russians are here! They came! They Came! Within two days the remainder of the Ottoman forces were easily beaten and routed.

This was however a minor victory for at this point in the war the entire Northern, Southern, and Western parts of the nation had been destroyed and occupied. And a French force was sitting contentedly in Sofia. Niloa Petrov took a risky venture and attacked the army in Sofia, after several days of fighting he managed to drive the army out. This made the first engagement between France and Bulgaria a victory for Bulgaria.

French soldiers under fire on the outskirts of Sofia

The French; being shocked that such a puny nation could even consider surviving their "mighty" army let alone defeat it quickly realized that the Bulgarian resolve to remain independent could not be destroyed during this engagement. They would have to regroup and try again at a later date.

After two years of fighting, a peace treaty was signed on May 25 1862

Konstid hid in an alley. Nazaretian had disappeared and he had no clue as to what was happening. He sat in his room for what seemed like an eternity when a cannonball blew his west wall down. At that point he figured it was best to flee and had been living on the streets of a war torn Sofia ever since.

However at the wars end he had no problem seeing Niloa Petrov arriving to unveil the new statue that had been built in his image to honor him.

Sorry it took so long to get the thread re-opened, I've been rather busy.

To clarify, the necromancy limit is 6 months, not 30 days; however we would ask that posts be more constructive than an iteration of "When you update?!" We consider it spam.

Thank you.