• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Loaded it and got a CTD after one day. At the same time a intel message reported that JAP and CHI signed a white peace (plus 2 other event masseges that were covered by that box). So it is indeed related to the JAP-CHI theatre.

However, the mod did not alter any events involved here except for the US oil embargo, so I can not be sure it is "my" fault. I will try loading the save as Japan, China and maybe even with vanilla AoD and check the history for ahistoric CHI behavior.

edit: confirmt it is related to CHI surrender. Loaded as JAP and got the crash even before choosing an event option.

edit2: I resolved the issue by loading as JAP and firing event 3815 ("Fate of China") via console. Attached the fixed save game, you should be able to continue your campaign.

Last edited:
A pleasure. ;)

And, yes, maybe you should post this in the bug report forum.

Looks good so far.

Please post another screen of your AoD scenarios folder and one of the mod-GAGA scenario folder.

Looking at them, I have no idea what could be the problem. Try to copy/paste the AoD scenario folder inside the mod-GAGA scenario folder and see if that does the trick... :eek:o

Did you try any other mods? Maybe steam isn't that mod friendly...

Honestly, apart from that I have no idea what might cause this issue, nor do I have the slightest clue how to fix it...

A very last idea from my side: Give me a screen of your empty in-game scenario folder.

the mobilization of infantry technology... I think i made a mistake in researching it. My infantry divisions are all reporting they are out of fuel and they have no fuel storage!
arghhh

That could very well be an issue. I thought that storages depend on actual consumption. If that is not the case (as it looks like), it would lead to the problem you describe. Can you upload a save game, please?

Sending a screen isnt needed. its just the normal szenarios screen, just with no szenarios to choose.
Well, it would help, since I could check a few things, for example the exe command line configuration.

Thank you, I will take a look at it today.

edit: Confirmed, the fix should be trivial. Thanks for the report.

Last edited:
Hee GaGa is it possible to use the 1.04 beta patch and install your mod over it ? or at least use some files of the 1.04 beta patch ?

Love your mod its for me the most realistic one :cool:
Haven't tried 1.04, so no guarantees. You can simply try it, but from what I have heard you will have to delete some files to make it work:
config.eu *might* cause trouble, db/misc.txt *will* do for sure. Apart from those two, the res should be compatible.

supply bug is killing germany in the middle east
an update ? 1.6 on the aod 1.4
Could you elaborate a bit on this one?
Since I don't have 1.4, I don't know of any "supply bug".

PS: It's called "Bratwurst" ("Roastsausage"). ;)

Hee GaGa i try to explain what i mean i conquered the whole middle east whit all its oil and protect it whit valuable armies but i making no profit from my conquered oil wells and still have an oil shortage ???

I concoured the middle east so that i was sure that i have the money and oil
to support the german war machine but that is not happening ?
The answer is simple:
First, the big oil fields in the middle east were not as heavily exploited in 1930 and 1940 as they are today, so there is oil avaiablle, but far less than today. Second, all occupied provinces that are not cores suffer a large penatly on IC, ressources and manpower to simulate resistance from it's population against hostile occupation.

If you need oil desperatly, you should build some synthetic oil plants or try to capture Baku and release Asserbaijan as a puppet, since it will get 100% ressource income from this province.

You could also post a savegame and let me have a look at your mess. ;)

I would like to announce that there will be no further updates on the GAGA TECH Mod until 1.4 final is released. My machine can't bear with later war slowdown, so testing most changes is not possible.

Unlike in EU3 and HoI3, I see no option to load a mod via the game launcher. So if you want to use the modification, you will need a new exe that runs the mod. The regular AoD.exe will only allow you to play the vanilla version.

Or am I missing something?

Yes - and that's exactly what the instructions on page 1 recommend, ain't it? :D

Well, sometimes you get the impression that reading in general is considered being overrated by many... :(
:D

Version 1.2 has been released (link inside first post on page 1).

Changelog 1.2:

+ Compatibility:
- Ensured AoD 1.4 compatibility.

+ New units, techs and models:
- Added 1939 Heavy submarine model.
- Added 3 Fire Control and 3 Capital Fire Control models to electronic computer techs.

+ Balance:
- Mountaineer techs now also increase performance for all land units in hills & mountains by 2.5% per level.
- Marine techs now also increase performance for all land units in swamps and across rivers by 2.5% per level.
- AT techs now increase defensiveness and hard attack for all non-motorized units.
- TD techs now increase defensiveness, toughness and hard attack for MOT, MECH, ARM and L-ARM.
- R-ART techs now increase toughness and soft attack for all non-motorized units.
- SP-R-ART techs now increase toughness and soft attack for MOT, MECH, ARM and L-ARM.
- AA now increases air defence and air attack for all land units.
- Moved some AAA efficiency from Semi Modern and Modern techs to Early and Basic techs.
- Added some AAA efficiency to AA brigade techs.
- Removed AA speed reduction and added a small soft attack bonus.
- Rebalanced A-ARM a bit.
- Reduced AC supply consumption by 0.1.
- AC, L-ARM, A-ARM and ENG now also provide a small morale bonus.
- AC techs now also give 1% land unit ORG and 2,5% army detection chance each.
- Advanced and Semi-Modern L-ARM now give 1% land unit ORG each.
- Increased H-ARM basic softness reduction to -30% (from -20%) and reduced progression to -3% (from -5%).
- Slightly increases R-ART stats and reduced supply cost.
- Moved some submarine model stat increases to mid-war submarine techs.
- Reduced early sub model visibility.
- Assault Concentration: Added 5% morale for all land units, decreased ART bonus to 10% (from 20%), added 10% bonus to R-ART, SP-ART and SP-R-ART.
- Air-Land Combat: Will now activate Assault Helicopters (you still have to meet all requirements to research the tech).
- Assault Helicopters now grants 3% land unit ORG and MOR.

+ Tech and model years:
- Moved two Great War Artillery models from 36->18 and heavy Great War Artilery from 36->32
- Moved Radar tier II from 42->41 and Radar VII from 44->45
- Moved Semi Modern AT, TD and SP-R-ART tech to 45
- Moved SP-ART techs from 43->42, 45->44 and 47->46
- Moved air transport models from 47->45 and 51->49

+ Rebalanced research and tech difficulty:
- Techspeed changed to 175% (from 150% by patch 1.04).
- Moneycost per skillpoint reduced to 1.5 (from 1.65 by patch 1.04).

+ Surrender events changes and additions:
- Added Portugal, Nationalistic Spain and Republican Spain to surrender events.
- Most countries will now also surrender to England and Italy.
- Dissent hit for non-favored options reduced by 1%.

+ Typo fixes:
- Renamed Army-Navy Interaction to Navy-Airforce Interaction.
- Fixed incorrect tech activation for Infantry and Artillery Motorisation techs.

Last edited:
I will look for an alternative asap.

edit: New link is up.

Last edited:
Just checked, the linked file is available and Antivir remains calm.

Regarding the availability it could be related to public holiday (plus we had some serious node issues around Frankfurt the past few days).

Regarding the virus warning it might be related to some adds on the page?

I will add a new link for version 1.25 on file front on page 1.

Changelog 1.25:
- Moved tier I AA brigade from 38->37.
- Modern TD now requires modern AT tech.
- Reduced AG upgrade time and cost to regular values.
- SH-ARM tech now provides a stat boost to H-ARM.

I also added a spreadsheet for brigade stats from 1936-1945. I will use this one for balacing out brigades for the next version. Comments and suggestion regarding the current values are welcome.

Please upload a save game.

I suspect this is once more the infamous "Japan annexes China" CTD... :eek:o
...not mod related.

Last edited:
Upload them anyway. I can still have a look in the save file itself. :)