• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you do the stats analysis Dano? :D

Oh guys... once Indonesia shifts it's massive amount of farmers and labourers into factories it will pwn you so badly... there are probably more unassigned POPs in Bengal and Bihar-Orissa than Africa can field in total. :p

Time for some "Death to Indonesia" calls.

Seems like the only way to secure peace in Asia is to partition the territory as a whole between cultured nation, namely everyone who is not Georgia, China, or Indonesia.

Death to Asia!

:)

But I'm the peace loving Democracy with no intention of world domination other than making more capitalists!

Seems like the only way to secure peace in Asia is to partition the territory as a whole between cultured nation, namely everyone who is not Georgia, China, or Indonesia.

Death to Asia!

:)

And as for Asia, Indonesia and Japan have been world leaders in culture and the very meaning of modern. We are the advanced civilizations of this world, not Europe, they are the backwater countries that no one cares about :p

We're largely finali\ing the converter during this week, politics seemed to have quieted down.

On a side note until resources are adjusted norway, italy and georgia are the worlds overwhelmingly leading producers to the point that every other nation except for maybe 1 exception will be completely unable to support any kind of navy, mechanized army or airforce of even the smallest sizes.

Is that a result of the depopulation of RGOs to increase Vicky industry output?
Nah it's the result of the converter currently using HoI vanilla province resource production values. As such we still have the wildly uneven world production in oil, where nations like France, Transvaal and China basically get no oil whatsoever, and Italy and Georgia hog up the vast majority of world production of oil.

Finding some clever way to redistribute resources is on KoM's to-do list.

Is that wanted or unwanted?

After all the geography of oil and rares has been known (and talked about) since before the EU3-->Vic conversion ... yet there were no murderous wars for Arabian, Texan or Caspian oil? Despite the weaknesses of the nations owning those provinces. Italy in particular never once saw invasion despite woefully inadequate land forces. Georgia was not raped tenfold and partitioned when Chinese and French forces laid her low. No price was paid by Italy and Georgia for the protection of the other powers...

Thinking about it, a nice way to put dynamics into the late game would be to have the size of the oil finds in various regions of the world be dynamic. Instead of knowing that Baku, Texas, Kuwait, Ploesti and so on are going to become big oil centers while Hannover, the Carpathians, the Kazan region, Pennsylvania and others will only be minor centers, maybe random events could determine which in fields the major oil finds of the 1920s and 1930s will be made? After all in real history people did not know either which oil fields would prove to be huge and which not. Pennsylvania saw a brief oil boom in the 19th century but that ended soon when the wells ran dry.

You should have KoM or someone else write random, non-deterministic Vic events set to trigger between, say, 1920 and 1936 which determine the final sizes of the oil provinces. Maybe also some follow up events for the 1936-1946 period in HoI where increased prospection efforts in the minor fields may or may not open up some more fields.

If you "seed" it so that 6-8 out of maybe ~30 provinces in HoI in different regions, which historically produced oil to some extent, may become the "big ones" like Baku or Kuwait or Texas, then it should become a bit more exciting. And not so annoyingly deterministic.

Write about 30 events, each one causing one successful exploration effort (flagging a field as "big strike") and two-three unsuccessful exploration efforts (flagging other fields as "disappointments") and sleeping some of the other events, each one set to a random frequency, and you could model this kind of process within the Victoria engine.

Last edited:
Yeah, i'm quite surprised you guys didn't decided on resource conversion as early as possible. Arguably, it's more important than IC conversion, which can be geared for even late in the game, while for resources one has to plan from the beginning.

Straaange.

Random redistribution between the pre-existing producers isn't a bad idea, but I would do it in the conversion rather than Victoria.

Well in Victoria the process will be a bit more transparent. Also you can get some people to think again about maybe conquering the odd province here or there (or get it through blackmail) before the conversion makes everyone think "i shouldn't start a war just now, next year i will have so much more stuff" and postpones all conflicts yet again. Realignment of alliances and all that, might be more exciting to have before you go into HoI.

Not to mention that it would be unrealistic to assume that your highly militarized imperialistic states would not try to find resources ASAP instead of in 1936.

What ratio would you like? Bear in mind that France has roughly 300 divisions at the moment.

That admittedly apocolyptic number would equal to something like or less than the historical 1936 start up for France under your system, would it not? One is a continental collossus industrialised to an ahistorical extent, and the other is a shell of a france with a military insufficient to its international commitments.

Of course, I am only a bystander, here. It may make the game more interesting if everyone starts with a near-fresh start. As for myself, were I in the game, I think i'd want perhaps a 6:1 ratio.

And even 3:1 would do, since that colossal militarized France could certainly have 100 divisions in HOI terms.

Why not decide on it later? It's not like absolute numbers matter that much... compared to the ratio between countries.

Absolute numbers do matter in terms of production. Building 5 divisions is a lot easier then building 50 divisions. So if country A has 100 divisions and country B has 50 divisions then country A has a clear advantage as it would take a long time for enough forces to be built to turn the tide. However if it was 10 to 5 then country B could quickly build enough forces to change the balance of power.

Nah it's the result of the converter currently using HoI vanilla province resource production values. As such we still have the wildly uneven world production in oil, where nations like France, Transvaal and China basically get no oil whatsoever, and Italy and Georgia hog up the vast majority of world production of oil.

Finding some clever way to redistribute resources is on KoM's to-do list.

Are you going to redistribute them at all? I mean, it's not like an alternate history would change the fact that Texas has more oil than Spain, for example, or that North America has a disproportionate chunk of the world's coal...