• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Code:
Election 71. 1609-1619 International Situation
1. Dear Friends: Jerusalem, Savoy
2. Friends: Austria, Bosnia, Papal States, Bulgaria
4. Enemies: Vijayanagar, Genoa, OE
5. War! Always and forever war!

Random yadda, sorry

Code:
Election 72. Crimea
A. That we keep Crimea for the time being and build a governor in the province.

Code:
Election 73. Long term goals
9. 12. 7. 8. 6. 1.

Code:
Election 74. New symbols

No opinion in the matter, do whatever you decide Fodoron, or rather, what the senate decides

Code:
Election 75. War against Bavaria

3. Ducats, military access and Alsace for Savoy (if they manage to conquer it)

let the war weariness begin :)

Last edited:
Senator Insane,
You are a true member of your family. I am old enough to remember your grandfather addresses to the Consiglio, always asking for war against the enemies of the Serenissima. The Blue party will be happy to have you within his ranks. We seem to still have two or three wars every decade, yet Venice still prospers.
Welcome to the senate.
Doge Leonardo Donà

Senator Sergio Gradenigo,
your wisdom in the case of Crimea is obvious. Venice has to stay firm, and show everyone that it can handle this province, just as it can handle all other provinces in our wide-spread domain. Even if it was taken with other plans in mind, we should now make sure it's treated fairly and equally, and the tatars there should eventually be brought into the bosom of the catholic Church, and pay taxes to the greatest city in the Mediterranean: Venice.
Respectfully,
Senator Cataldo Barbarigo

Prussian_King said:
Due to prior commitments I will have to resign my family's seat in this great assembly of the noble families of Venice.

Mikael Gatt
Farewell, Senator Gatt. You will be missed. If at any time you happen to be in Venice, drop by the Consiglio to say hello to your old friends, and perhaps cast a quick vote.
May fortune accompany you,
Leonardo Doná

Code:
Election 72. Crimea
B. Let's those eathen Crimeans go with their idols
Code:
6, 7, 4, 3, 8, 12
Code:
Election 74. New symbols
New is better
Code:
I know Spain was an old friend, but getting Sicily and stealing maps taking Madrid can be done in a single step :p

Senators,
We need your votes for the Republic advancement. Is perhaps this election badly designed and confusing?
If you vote I promise I will tell you everything that I know about the Spanish conspiracy against Venice of 1618 in a few years. It will be so tasty that you will throw your copy of "A History of Venice" by John Julius Norwich to the trash for saying that the dogeship of Giovanni Bembo, Nicolo Donà and Antonio Priuli was unremarkable.

Code:
Election 72. Crimea
B. Let them do whatever they want when they want to
Code:
Code:
Election 74. New symbols
The new ones will give new incentives to the population.
Code:
Lets keep it on a low down

Some map rading would be nice, but it might inflict too much damage on our nation, whilst the maps wont bring us much

Barbarigo.gif

Cataldo Barbarigo​

Code:
1. Savoy, Jerusalem, Bosnia, Serbia
2. Austria, Papal States, Bulgaria, Dauphiné, Burgundy, Hungary, Wallachia
3. The Knights, Morroco, Ottomans, Russia, Portugal, England, France
4. Genoa, Spain, Vijayanagar, Netherlands
5. Peace (colonial wars are fine)
I think we should aim for including Bosnia or Serbia in our alliance, and diplo-vassalise them. The Knights are possible adversaries, for possible vassalisation to conquer the last Greek province. I have a very long list of adverseries since it included potential targets for map stealing.

Code:
Election 72. Crimea
A.
I vote we keep it. Venice has to show strength and not let ny province rebel from us, that can set a ghastly precedent for other people.

Code:
1. Conquer any exotic CoT available
12. Conquer the two Indian colonies of Vijayanagar before they convert in city provinces
4. Obtain maps from European explorer nations by conquering their capital
7. Recover all Italian cultured provinces (Liguria, Corsica, Sicily, Messina)
8. Recover all Greek cultured provinces (Rhodes)
2. Conquer any European CoT available
Eventually we want all Italian and Greek land, but our reputation prevent swift action.

Code:
Election 74. New symbols
Old shield
New flag

Code:
Military access will be useful if they should attack us again. It would give us better supply. I don't think it's worth it to help Savoy get Alsace. That would only make Savoy harder to annex, should we want to, and expose our alliance even more with a new neighbour.

Last edited:
Cornaro_G.gif

Dear friends and my Doge, forgive my silence of recent days. I have been hard pressed at work and have also feared that I have been far to verbose in the chambers. So, I have listened to some speeches and had my messangers keep me posted to our position. Yet, I will not fail to cast my vote on these matters, particularly since the Doge so graciously placed our request for long term goals on the docket.

Election 71
1. Savoy, Jerusalem, Bosnia, Serbia
2. Austria, Papal States, Bulgaria, Dauphiné, Burgundy, Hungary, Wallachia
3. The Knights, Morroco, OE, Russia, Portugal, Poland
4. Genoa, Spain, Vijayanagar, Netherlands
5. Peace

Election 72
A

Election 73
12 -- Long ago we set our sights on this new land of India; let us begin the great colonization/conquest.
4--As Senator Hastu said, we can do this in one action. Again, this is a nod to our old goals of uniting Italy, the old Roman Republic. We are close and now is the time to finish the task. Note, I am NOT saying "attack Spain now--note election 71--I vote for peace now--these are long term goals. Let's let Spain come to us; already our relations are down and I would guess within the next 20-30 years (yes after some of us have passed on) the opportune moment will arise for this.

None of the other stated goals really interest me (well, there is always eliminating the OE from Europe, but I know how that vote will go) :cool: however, I wanted a vote on expanding our explorers. Perhaps that is not an easy enough option to voice. WHat I mean is deciding to fund expeditions to explore the great oceans. We know of India, but what lies beyond. I think if we do find the moment to sack Castille, then we can find new maps, but till then I would be most eager to shift all or most of our research into naval research. I am under the impression that we are close to having new research that would allow any of our brave sailing captains to search the open seas. Long ago we knew of the Far East through Polo and others and rumors continue to swirl through maps and such that there is another continent on the bottom of the world. My traders have even heard rumors that the Dutch have found land to the south and east of our colony in India. I suppose it is too late now to add this idea to the voting, but that is my final vote on the long term goals. We are a sailing nation. We have controlled the Black Sea. We have controlled the Eastern Med. We now control the Red Sea. I say we invest our money into our navy with the goal of mapping the oceans and spreading our Republic wherever our navy may lead us, in the East only. Let the northern nations fight over the scraps of Charlemagne's empire; let the Atlantic nations fight over this New World they have discovered. Let us make the Indian Ocean and whatever lies East the domain of the only true Republic in the world!

Election 74
Old shield
New flag

Election 75
3 if they can manage it relatively quickly, but if they get bogged down, then 2 is fine.

Election 71
DF KoJ, savoy, Austria, Bosnia
F Knights, Serbia, Bulgaria, Poland, Wallachia, Pope, Dauphine, Burgundy
Adv Spain, OE, Hungary
En Vijayanagar, Neth, Port
War (colonial only)

Election 72
A

Election 73
12, 10, 5, 4, 1, 7

Election 74
old, old

Election 75
3. Only if Savoy is making progress. If not $

Sorry for my absence.

AG

Pesaro.gif
Noble members of the Consiglio Maggiore,

I think everything concerning the current election is already said, so I won't bother you with repeating it all again.

Election 71:
Dear Friends: Jerusalem, Savoy, Spain
Friends: Austria, Bosnia, Pope
Adversaries: France, Netherlands, Portugal, Ottoman Empire
Enemies: Genoa, India (whatever they may call themselves)
Warmonger: Peace! for Europe, War! for colonies

Election 72:
B: Get rid of those tartars. Our future is in the east, not in the north!

Election 73:
12, 1, 4, 6, 7, 8

Election 74:
As a traditionalist I vote for the old flags and shields

Election 75:
3. Alsace for Savoy! Duration? What else do we have the troops for than fighting?

Regards,
Angelo Pesaro

Election 71, 72, 73 and 75

Dear Senators,

My votes for the coming elections are:

1. dear friends - jerusalem, savoy and austria
2 friends - Bosnia, papal states, burgundy, hungary, portugal and bulgaria
3. rivals - spain, france, england, russia and the netherlands
4. enemies - the ottoman empire, genoa and indian minors
5. war only against indian minors, peace in europe

B. We have no duty to civilise the tartars, it is best left to the Russians.

(In order of priority)
12, 9, 1, 7, 8.

I wish to also add that I am in agreement

I wish to also add that I am in agreement with senator Carlec that we must explore the land east of india. This land which I call the East indies I have heard is rich with territory that has so far not been claimed by any nation let alone a european one. I emplore that our doge looks into the the feasibility of taking this land. I reccomend declaring war a minor easter nation with a centre of trade and taking their maps forcibly from them to find other nations and other lands.

your faithfull senator
Cuthbertus

Here are the results of the past election:

1. Dear Friends. Jerusalem and Savoy (6/6 votes), Bosnia (3/6 votes)
2. Friends. Papal States (6/6 votes), Bulgaria (5/6 votes), Austria and Burgundy (4/6 votes), Burgundy, Dauphiné, Hungary and Wallachia (3/6 votes)
3. Adversaries. Ottomans (4/6 votes), France, Russia, and Portugal (3/6 votes)
4. Enemies. Vijayanagar (6/6 votes), Genoa (5/6 votes), Netherlands (3/6 votes)

5. Warmonger clause. A colonial war has been called for (5/6 votes)

Election 72. Crimea
A tie (4/8 votes) has been produced over the question of keeping Crimea. It is then up to the Doge, who for the moment decides to wait and see how troublesome that new peovince results.

To be enforced:
38 points: 12. Conquer the two Indian colonies of Vijayanagar before they convert in city provinces (already at level 8).
27 points: 7. Recover all Italian cultured provinces (Liguria, Corsica, Sicily, Messina)
19 points: 4. Obtain maps from European explorer nations (Portugal, Spain, Netherlands, England, France) by conquering their capital
18 points: 1. Conquer any exotic CoT available
17 points: 9. Seek a stable alliance with one European major (Spain, France, Burgundy, England, Austria, Netherlands, Poland, Russia)
---------------------------
Not to be enforced (less than half of the highest scoring):
12 points: 8. Recover all Greek cultured provinces (Rhodes)
12 points: 6. Expand into Africa
8 points: 3. Trade for maps
5 points: 10. Push the Ottomans out of Europe
4 points: 5. Expand into the New World (Americas)
1 point: 2. Conquer any European CoT available
0 points: 11. Take control of every port province in the Black Sea

This does not mean we will not colonize in America or Africa. It will just not be one of our main goals, but if a tasty province is available, we will bring the issue.

Election 74. New symbols
New flag (4/6 votes), but old shield (4/6 votes).

We should request from Bavaria:
3. Ducats, military access and Alsace for Savoy (if they manage to conquer it) (5/8 votes)

Well we have a clear goal and a mandate for a colonial war. No point in waiting for a casus belli. I will start transporting troops to India as soon as the military situation in Bavaria allows it.

Today we have a contest. Whoever wins gets to be the next King of Jerusalem. If there are several winners, I will draw one randomly between them. In the case of Norrefeldt, he can participate, but he cannot be chosen King again so soon.

From the following list of countries, pick 8 that you believe were not at war with us during the 1609-1614 period. They have been ordered alphabetically.
  • Bavaria
  • Berg
  • Brandenburg
  • Courland
  • Dauphiné
  • Hungary
  • Ottoman Empire
  • Poland
  • Rajputana
  • Russia
  • Switzerland
  • The Hedjaz
  • Vijayanagar
  • Yemen

Fodoron said:
Today we have a contest. Whoever wins gets to be the next King of Jerusalem. If there are several winners, I will draw one randomly between them. In the case of Norrefeldt, he can participate, but he cannot be chosen King again so soon.

From the following list of countries, pick 8 that you believe were not at war with us during the 1609-1614 period. They have been ordered alphabetically.
  • Bavaria
  • Berg
  • Brandenburg
  • Courland
  • Dauphiné
  • Hungary
  • Ottoman Empire
  • Poland
  • Rajputana
  • Russia
  • Switzerland
  • The Hedjaz
  • Vijayanagar
  • Yemen
Hmmm, none of them ?

Ambassador said:
Hmmm, none of them ?
Don't waste your vote. There are 8 countries in that list with which we were not/are not at war during last five years :wacko:. It is not a tricky question.