• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Honorable Doge,

I,Mikael of the Gatt family will join you in the next session of the Senate.
As you may not know my family is one with a proud tradition in the Venetian Navy and I would be very grateful if you got Capitan Fodoroni to find me a position where I could use my family's experiance to the Republic's advantage.
Here is my vote for Election 50.2

Election 50.2
Alexandria, Cataract, Nile

Yours Mikael Gatt

dogalshield.png
Great news my dear Senators,

I know many of you have grown restless from the difficulties of making peace with the Turks. The commerce has been closed down, as sailors and merchants fight in our navy. Our young die in the war. The products that we trade from Crimea and the Ottoman empire had been unavailable. To that reduction of income we must add the war effort. Some of you have not understood the policy of the Signoria, and have grown angry at the rejection of the repeated offers from the Ottoman Sultan. You do not understand that we could end once and for all the Turkish menace in our lands, and yet we embark in occupying foreign lands while we allow the Turks to remain at the doors of our homes. We have failed to explain to our subjects the wisdom of our policies, and they only see greedy merchants driving their sons to the grave for a profit, denying the freedom to our Orthodox neighbours only to subjugate the Muslims of far away lands. It is therefore not surprising that a political crisis has taken place.

1563c.jpg

But after four years of war, weakened and exhausted, with rebellion risk mounting in our cities and countriside, we have triumphed. Fodoroni has sent report from Alexandria that the Sultan of the Ottomans has bowed to our will and accepted our demands. We have acquired Alexandria, Cataract and Nile. Victory is ours. Let's order a week of celebrations and religious processions now, and more when our heroes return home.

Our country is finally at peace.

Your Doge

Priuli2.gif
Girolamo Priule, LXXXIII Dux Venetiarum. Sep. 1563. [No pic available]​

Cornaro_G.gif

Breathless, a runner from the Cornaro family races into the Senate. My lords, I have a message from Senator Meryoni still on post at the front, presumably Rumelia.

"Rejoice my friends and lovers of the Republic, we conquer. I hope to post a more full account of our action in Rumelia where, it appears, the forces under my command were the sole force to emerge successful initially in our war. If there were more time, I might stop to ponder if such success were a note of endorsement from our Almighty God of my family's long stance against the infidel and desire to rid all of Europe of their stench.

But there is no such time. The world revolves far too fast to take glory when obviously glory is due to many of us and our families. The cost has been high, none higher than our friend Arturo Gandolfi. Certainly I know to share glory as my station was only held with the timely arrival of my dear friend Moro.

But rumors have reached my ears on the front and quickly dispatched a runner. We have emerged victorious? Taken what we wished for? And, supposedly we have ventured out quickly towards the wild lands of India? I am amazed, happy and nervous. I have also heard that some citizens in our Republic are now eager to move to this new place, form a colony? If this indeed is so, Doge, then even from the front (and ESPECIALLY if the story of our negotiations by excellent Fodoroni are true), I resoundly CALL FOR US TO VOTE FOR A COLONY IN THAT PLACE.

But worse, other rumors have reached my ears that something unthinkable has happened. I tell you what my soldiers have heard and they are stunned and concerned---a civil war has broken out? Is this possible? Other spies have spoken indeed of war, but that the treacherous Austrians have seen our forces scattered and declared war on us.

I am vexed to be so far from the front when rumors such as these are swirling. Moro and I have been hard pressed to even keep the army together as some men are determined to return home at their own speed, deserting the army if need be.

Yes, it is a time to rejoice and I look forward to a trip to our new Center of Trade, a place that I have never visited
[ooc--not even in any of my games, all GCs, have I ever taken that place or fought there, so as I said many pages back, this is exciting for me to have to deal with islamic lands and Africa and such] but I cannot merely leave my family ventures without knowing what has transpired.

Please dispatch a speedy galley towards our position. And I might add that you should send messengers to all of our forces, particularly those led by Senatorial families. A civil war at this point would be horrendous, but we must all be of one mind if we are to hold our own. And, if it is an attack from without, the Hapsburgs or others, then so be it, let us every man drink anew from the cup of freedom and strap on the armor again of the Republic to defend her at all costs.

I await your reply---Meryoni Cornaro."

What word should I take back to Cornaro, Doge?

Rejoice all of Venice, for the great victory! We are now truly masters of the Eastern Mediterranean, and Suleyman has been soundly defeated and humiliated in just four years thanks to the well-planned and excellently conducted war! The route to India is opened, I cannot wait to get my personal copy of the maps taken in Bursa after an unprecedented short siege by Bragadin.
Many have fallen, and I mourn especially for the brother of Ernesto Gandolfi II, who fought so bravely in the Crimea against strong forces. He died a hero's death.

But, terrible rumors have spread to my palace, and my household is stirring with them. Bring us news fast, this state of uncertainty cannot last!!

Aureo Barbarigo.

[What a cliff-hanger Fodoron! :D ]

By God's eternal grace, Venice is truly favored. The trade of the mediterranean is ours, and soon, so will India's all riches and legends. I purpose we take this colonial endevor truly serious.
The war is already over, and we have emerged even stronger. Victory for Venice! I am only sorry I could nto self fight among the men in combat, for I have an old leg injury from my time as a sailor in the navy, almost twenty years ago.
I now see a golden age coming near for Venice, a golden age which we will, with God's love and mercy, leave for our children.

//Benito Lando

The Suebian said:
Ah, I hate those cliffhanger ends. Waiting was never one of my prime virtues ;) .

[OOC] Well, I had to write all this, and besides I wanted everybody to enjoy the good news before bringing in the bad news :eek:

dogalshield.png
Treason!

1563e.jpg

The Austrians are attacking us without provocation. They are already at the gates of Milan while our armies are in Africa, in the Balkans and in the Black Sea. Long have we cultivated their friendship and defended Europe from the Turkish menace to be repaid in this way. We have been backstabbed by our trusted "friends". We are at war against Austria, Bavaria and Berg.

To the arms! To the arms! We must defend ourselves. Venice is at her darkest hour. The enemy will soon reach the lagoon.

We have not requested help from our allies, as our current relations are not very good with any of them. I have made Fodoroni travel in a fast ship from Alexandria to explain the situation to us.

Your Doge

Priuli2.gif
Girolamo Priule, LXXXIII Dux Venetiarum. Sep. 1563. [No pic available]​

armes.gif
Honorable senators,

I am here today to explain the military situation so your honors can take an informed decision for the good of the Republic. I will also convey explanations about why we find ourselves in such a difficult situation, so responsibilities can be purged. I am willing to present my resignation if the Consiglio decides to ask for it.

First let's talk about Austria, our former "friend". Between 1519 and 1522, we paid the Archduke 193[,000] ducats in diplomatic gifts. He certainly took the money, and we trusted that by taking it, a compromise of friendship and no aggression was undersigned. But Austria has already demonstrated the kind of Christian nation it is. In 1540 Hungary declared war to the Ottoman Empire, to recover lands lost to the Turks in previous wars. His ally, the Archduke of Austria not only dishonored the call to fulfill his compromises, but declared war to the King of Hungary, and together with the Sultan of the Ottomans, took lands from Hungary, gaining the province of Steiermark, while Transylvania was lost to the Turks. Not happy with that, five years later, in 1549, when Hungary was still licking her wounds, Austria declared war to her, robbing her of Odenburg and Presburg, and debilitating further the nation that was keeping the Turks from overrunning Europe.

It seems that it was now our turn. Debilitated also from our exhausting war against the enemies of Christendom, Archduke Ferdinand has decided to stick his knife in our trusting back. Senator Cornaro warned us against leaving our back door unguarded, but 10,000 men would have ment nothing, and we did not have the 25,000 men necessary to at least have a presence in the area. To understand the effort that the war against Suleyman has constituted to our resources, suffice to say that we started the war with 93,000 men, and during the course of the war we have lost 44,000 men. We also recruited 20,000 men, so at the end of the war we had 69,000 men. Apparently not enough to deter the Archduke.

1563war.jpg

The land and naval forces of the Ottoman Empire and Venice prior to the last war. Our loss of 24,000 men does not appear to be well represented, and perhaps has not made it to the graph yet. The naval loses, however, are clear.
-------------------​

Some responsibility must be bore by former Doge Lorenzo Priuli, now conveniently dead, as he forgot to enter a royal marriage with Austria in 1556, when Austria cancelled her vassalization to Spain. Doge Girolamo Priuli should not be blamed, as the war with Suleyman has taken all his attention. Without fault from our part, Ferdinand of Austria now hates us beyond reason (-199).

And now let's talk about the military situation. I would not go as far as to say that it is hopeless, but it is very serious indeed. We are severely under-armed and totally unprepared for this war. It will take us months to get ready, and by then it is likely that we will have lost control of some provinces. The Austrians assault our fortresses repeatedly sending wave after wave of Czechs and Slovenians to die, but finally storming our cities. Milan has already been subjected to one of such assaults, and when reinforcements arrive I fear it will fall. Besides fighting with a severe strategic disadvantage, we must add that our armies do not perform as well as could be desired, considering what happened in Steiermark, where 3,000 Austrians defeated 16,000 Venetians. We should also add that our navy, our most efficient war tool, is completely useless in this war, since all our enemies are land locked and don't have a single ship. A final very important factor is that we have been at war for four years already, and our revolt risk is rising alarmingly. Frankly we cannot ask many more sacrifices from our subjects without risking a general rebellion.

So we essentially have two choices. To embrace ourselves and prepare for an all out war, that will tax our resources to the maximum, that will force us to constant minting to replace our loses in the battlefield, that will see us fighting the Austrians, the Bavarians and our own rebels everywhere. In the end such war might force us to accept a truce gaining nothing, and even that would be a favourable scenario. We must also consider the possibility that Savoy or Hungary might decide at some point that we look too yummy to resist, and also attack us.

The other choice is to accept now that the war is lost. Prepare ourselves to offer a significant amount of money, or if the Austrians reject it, even land to buy peace and time. If we are forced to surrender land, we wil make sure it is a core province. We will then fully arm and invest in military technology to make sure that they don't reach Land 14 before we do (they are at 13 to our 12), or even that we reach it before they do.

Five years after the peace, when we see Austria distracted in another war or in serious trouble, we will introduce our armies in all her provinces, and we will declare war to one of his allies. Bavaria has also embargoed us, so it is a prime candidate. That way we will pay back their courtesy. Perhaps we could accept the gold of Tirol as rightful compensation for the lost revenues.

Whatever the senate decides, I will carry out my duty to the best of my abilities, unless removed from the post.

Capitano Generale Fodoroni

Respected Senators,

Forgive my impudence as, despite my youth, I am the first to speak on this issue.

The resignation of Fodoroni is UNTHINKABLE! How can he be blamed for Habsburg treachery. He has shown his skill vs. the Turk and we need him now, more than ever.

In my heart, I would like to thrash the German dogs for their crimes, but I know now is not the time; we simply are not strong enough.

I say we buy peace with ducats (I am loathe to give up land). Since Bavaria embargos us, we can resume the war at our leisure.

Let us have peace now, despite the dishonor, and turn all our efforts to preparing for the next war (25% minting, and 75% land research).

In five years, we march on Vienna, and accept nothing short of the vassalization of Austria and Bavaria. Then our northern flank will be forever secure.

Vengefully,

Ernesto Gandolfi III

Barbarigo.gif
Aureo Barbarigo​

I agree with senator Gandolfi, Fodorini mustn't be blamed for this. He is our foremost military hero and if anyone is to be blamed it is our former Doge, for neglecting to find a bride to please some German noble, and the senate, who were fully responsible in declaring war on the Turks and the preparations for that war!
I think we shouldn't give in, but put up as much fight as possible with our limited resourses. Unless we can beat them off our land, I accept that we use gold for restoring peace. That might be the cheapest way out of this war.

Last edited:
Having now arrived back home with my forces, I see we are in peril. As I feared (well, actually hoped---the thought of civil war was far too much for my mind to bear; war is much more manageable), the Hapsburgs have pounced. I will not say "I told you so" but it is clear this has been building since they announced an embargo against us. Even in the dark years of last century, we knew that the German north of us was treacherous. Augustus himself discovered this in the Teutoberg Forest, so why should we be surprised? The timing though is not good for us.

Forget not, my friends, that the war we have fought was not a "one time" occasion. We have wounded a powerful enemy AND left his nation connected to our own. No, do not think the infidel will run from us so easily. Thus, this 5 years you each pray for will not be simply time to prepare to engage the Hapsburgs, but will be needful for us to prepare for another encounter with our enemy, the Turk (and that time, can we PLEASE eliminate the Turk from Europe once and for all--the pleas of those in Rumelia still ring in my ears--"do not desert us brave Venetians.")

We cannot overlook the fact that long before we lived, our ancestors decided to NOT become embroiled in Germany, thus a war with them is useless for us. We do NOT want their land nor are we eager to find a larger role in Europe. Our future, according to our plans, lay south and east. Of course we can vote again, but why discount the wisdom of our ancients, those who led the Republic from the days of 3 provinces to the greatness that sits bestride the Eastern Med!

So, we cannot count of an easy 5 years for that time will probably see a return declaration of war with the Ottomans. And if we wage the war and win with Austria, we do not want their land which will only further embroil us in northern Europe. Plus, as Fodoroni has pointed out, the people are tired of war (though they must know more war is coming---this generation is a generation born of peace and prosperity---we should instruct our teachers and historians to share our story so that those under the age of 35 will remember that our ancestors FOUGHT WARS to get this land and our merchants RISKED MONEY to get this prosperity).

Buy them off, Doge, but give up NO land! Yet, as you know, to buy them off, we will need to fight them. Can we gain military access through the Swiss? If not, you might have to allow their main armies to proceed into Italy or down the Adriatic coast in order to then have our forces fight their way northward. We must bring this was to their lands using our strength in siege warfare!

Oh, forget this nonesense of Capitano Fodoroni resigning! We are in pressing times and any Senator who considers that offer as a serious one should reconsider their own skill in politics!

Gentlemen, we have been here before, beset on many sides, with dwindling resources and WE HAVE EMERGED TRIUMPHANT! We will again.

Let us get to work!

Vendramin.gif

Matteo Vendramin​

I agree with my estimated collegues that Fodoroni is not to be blamed for events not under his control. Because of our weak position we should seek to terminate the war with Austria as soon as possible, using any means at our disposal, preferably money, but even land as a last resort - only to get it back when we regain control and power.

This will indeed cause a grand debate among my family, and even though I have been told to attend to a family meeting, I have decided to instead stay here and serve our country's needs, for I am a senator first, and a Lando second.

I do not blame Fodoroni for this, if anything I blame Austria! Let us amass our forces and punish them for this!

//Benito Lando

(OOC: Who is sieging Genoa on that last screenshot?)

HoChiMinh said:
(OOC: Who is sieging Genoa on that last screenshot?)

They are 17,000 rebels :D You can see them in one of the pics of post 126 of the brother thread.

armes.gif
I am honored by the confidence of the senators. Once the Consiglio decides on the issue by election, I will be back to lead our armies into combat once more. As Flavius Belisarius defeated the barbaric Ostrogoths in Italy, I will drive the barbaric Germans out of our borders.

Fodoroni

1559-1563 Account:

Year 1559
Set new budget policies: 15% Land, 25% Naval, 45% Trade, 12% Minting
-Recruited 5,000 inf. and 50 cannons for 225D in Thrace
-Offensive -1 (now 1) Stability dropped by -1 to +1
Investment shifted to Stability when it reached +0
Girolamo Priuli became our new Doge
-Recruited 2,000 inf. for 32D in Kerch
We gained control of Anatolia from Ottoman Empire

Important international events nearby
Hungary, Poland, Brandenburg, Liv. Order & The Knights DoW Moldavia
Bavaria became a vassal of Austria

Our diplomacy
Renewed royal marriage with Theodoros
Broke royal marriage with Ottoman Empire Stability dropped by -1 to +0
Venice DoW Ottoman Empire, Mughal Empire and Crimea.

Year 1560
We lost control of Anatolia to Ottoman Empire
Monopoly company formed happened to us. +100D
Stability rose to +1
We gained control of Sochi, Bujak, Wallachia, Rumelia and Transylvania from Ottoman Empire
We gained control of Azov from Crimea
Sent two traders to Kerala for 34D. The first failed, the second succeded.
-Built 2 warships in Veneto for 92D

Moldavia was annexed by Hungary

Our diplomacy

Year 1561
Inquisition succesful in Kerch
We gained control of Bosnia, Dobrudja and Serbia from Ottoman Empire
We gained control of Crimea from Crimea
-Recruited 5,000 inf. and 20 cannons for 132D in Thrace
Nobles demand recovery of former rights happened to us. We accepted, Aristocracy +1 (vs. Revolt Risk +4 for 2 years or -1 Stability, -1 Aristocracy)
Stability rose to +2. Investment shifted to research.
-Recruited 3,000 inf. for 48D in Kerch
-Recruited 2,000 cav. for 62D in Kerch

Our diplomacy

Year 1562
-Built 2 warships in Veneto for 98D
Rush of colonists happened to us. +3 colonists
We gained control of Alexandria from Ottoman Empire

France had wars of religions. Huguenots takes 5 of France 13 provinces and DoW France & Burgundy

Our diplomacy
Renewed royal marriage with Spain

Year 1563
-Built 2 warships in Veneto for 96D
We gained control of Cataract & Nile from Ottoman Empire
Political crisis happened to us. Stab. -2, monarch ADM -2 for 1 year.

Livonian Order disappears as a country. Courland appears in its place.

Our diplomacy
Ottoman Empire surrenders Alexandria, Cataract & Nile to Venice
Austria, Bavaria & Berg DoW Venice

[size=+1]1563 Report (December)[/size]

1563h.jpg

Economy
Stability +1
Stability cost = 1507D/level [huge increase from 810D 5 years ago]
Treasury = 1D
Inflation 11.2%

Code:
Number of provinces:
1419     6
1443    11
1468    13
1493    20
1518    25
1543    26
1558    26
1563    29

Yearly income from provinces:
           Tax       Prod     Manp
1419      29.86      23.48     6.2
1443      80.78      55.47    12.0
1468     111.33      90.87    17.0
1493     180.55     175.82    27.5
1518     199.73     206.22    34.5
1543     223.00     249.01    42.5
1558     255.16     314.92    44.5
1563     232.86     325.73    45.8

Monthly income:
           Tax     Prod     Trade    Gold    Total   mil. maint. (50%)
1419       9.3      2.0       5.9     0.0     17.2       -1.7
1443      17.7      4.6       7.9     0.0     30.3       -3.4
1468      22.8     11.8       4.4     0.0     39.1       -4.1
1493      33.7     16.7      16.0     0.0     66.9       -5.7
1518      38.7     21.1      17.9     0.0     79.2       -8.2
1543      48.4     23.8      24.3     0.0     96.5       -7.6
1558      52.9     29.2      36.9     0.0    119.1      -11.4
1563      56.1     29.0      36.0     0.0    121.1       -8.7

65 merchants in CoTs (+1). 6.8 merchants/year
Trade efficiency is 71% (first nation). Production efficiency is 62% (first nation)

National
Monarch Girolamo Priuli
Administrative Average (6) [4 until May 1564]
Diplomacy Average (6)
Military Good (7)

Code:
Domestic policies:
Year 1500 +     1419 03 08 13 18 23 28 33 38 43 48 53 58 63
Aristocracy        4  3  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  4  -  -  -  5
Centralization     3  8  -  9  8  -  -  - 10  9  -  -  -  -
Innovative         4  5  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
Mercantilism       5  8  -  -  -  -  -  7  -  -  -  -  8  -
Offensive          2  4  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  3  2  1
Land               2  1  -  -  -  0  -  -  -  -  -  -  1  -
Quality            6  8  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  7  -  -  -  -
Serfdom            4  1  -  -  -  0  -  -  -  -  -  -  1  -

Technology + % of next level (estimated date, current investment)
Land 12 + 74% (1567, 15%) [Bonus = 3D]
Naval 12 + 66% (1567, 25%) [No Bonus]
Trade 6 + 42% (1578, 48%) [No bonus]
Infrastructure 5 + 8% (1849, 0%) [No bonus]

Manufactories:
Refinery in Crete (finished in 1456)
Refinery in Morea (finished in 1478)
Refinery in Napoli (finished in 1495)

Provinces of wrong religion: Muslim (Alexandria, Cataract, Nile).

Military

Leaders:
Barbarigo, Vice Admiral (naval 2, 4, 4)
Bragadin, Maj. General (land 2, 3, 3, 2)

Army 48k infantry, 30k cavalry, 89 artillery
maintenance cost at 50% is 6.9 D/month
Army support limit = 113 000 (25 000 from trade)
Cost of army units:
Infantry 16D
Cavalry 30D
Artillery 26D

Navy 25 warships, 127 galleys, 20 transports
maintenance cost at 50% 3.6 D/month
Navy support limit = 227
Cost of naval units:
warships 48D
Galleys 10D
Transports 14D

Manpower pool = 63 (30,000/year)

International

1) Standing
Allies: Spain, Bulgaria and Theodoros
Bad Boy 22.6/43 rather bad
Permanent CB: Genoa, Austria, Bavaria, Berg
Temporary CB:

Countries with permanent CB on Venice:
Hungary, Ottoman Empire, Papal States, Spain, Savoy, Bulgaria, Crimea

1563i.jpg

Dark Green represents countries with > +150 relationship to us. Light Green represents countries with +75 to +150 relationship to us. White countries have -75 to +75 relationship to us. Bright red countries have between -75 and -150 relationship to us, and dark red countries have < -150 relationship to us.

2) Neighbours and near-neighbours by areas (allies). Underlined countries have land/strait border to Venice:

Italy:
Papal States
Venice (Spain RM MA, Bulgaria, Theodoros RM MA)
Genoa
Savoy MA (Bayreuth, Palatinate)
North:
Switzerland
Bavaria
Danubian:
Austria MA (Bavaria, Berg)
Hungary (Poland, Brandenburg and the Knights)
Balkan/Carpatian/Asia minor:
OE (Mughal Empire, Crimea, Qazaq Horde)
Mediterranean:
Black sea:
Uzbek (Afghanistan)
Kara Koyunlu (Oman, Yemen, Adal)
Other:
France (Burgundy)
Portugal

3) Vassalages:
Papal States and Bulgaria are vassals of Venice
France is a vassal of Burgundy
Genoa is a vassal of Spain
Hungary is a vassal of Poland
Scotland is a vassal of Savoy
Bavaria is a vassal of Austria

4) Changes in our area:
Bavaria became a vassal of Austria
Moldavia was annexionated by Hungary.
Huguenots became independent from France
Ottoman Empire surrendered Alexandria, Cataract & Nile to Venice

Senators, we have a serious issue to debate and vote. The Austrians are, as we speak, assaulting the walls of Milan. The choice is clear. Either we fight back or we submit. However Fodoroni will need some indications about what the Consiglio considers aceptable and what is unnegociable.

[size=+1]Election 54. 1563 war against Austria[/size]

1. Our attitude over the war. Choose one.

A. We are too weak at this moment. Make peace as soon as possible. Preferibly give them money, as we are likely to lose a lot more in troops, but if it becomes necessary give away one province and we shall recover it later.

B. We are not that weak. Lets fight them back to a draw or accept paying money in the worst case. They must learn to respect our borders.

C. What kind of cowards are we? This is a godsend opportunity to afirm our supremacy over the Empire. Venice never lost a war against Austria. Fight like a man and concede a truce or a defeat only if it becomes hopeless. Use our riches for something useful.

2. Our negotiating room. Answer yes or not to all.

A. We should offer them one province (core) to stop the war as soon as possible

B. We should offer them money to stop the war, but not land.

C. We should ask them for one province at reduced reputation loss. Name it. Remember that Tyrol is the one with gold, and not Steiermark.

D. Take as many provinces as possible at reduced reputation loss as long as they are Catholic.

E. Vassalize them, and they will pay for the rebuilding over the years with their taxes.

[size=+1]Election 55. Colonization of Kerala[/size]

Kerala has over 10,000 medium agressive natives. Nothing will be done until we finish the war.

1. Leave it as a trading post for the time being, and replace if burnt by the natives

2. Build a few ships in Nile, send some soldiers and replace the TP by a colony keeping the natives alive

3. Send a big army, kill the natives and replace the TP by a colony.

Dear senators,

We are still strong. We can not give up without fighting back. I say, if we are going down, we are going down kicking and biting, and if we again gain the upper hand, we use it to punish our enemy.
As for our colony, I thuink we should expand it now, for I believe it will be a good asset in the future.

//Benito Lando

Code:
Election 54. 1563 war against Austria
1. Our attitude over the war.
B. We are not that weak. Lets fight them back to a draw or accept paying money in the worst case. They must learn to respect our borders.

2. Our negotiating room.
A. NO
B. If we are forced too, YES
C. YES, Tyrol
D. NO
E. If possible, YES, but don't do anything foolish to make this possible

Election 55. Colonization of Kerala
2. Build a few ships in Nile, send some soldiers and replace the TP by a colony keeping the natives alive