• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Realm on 27 AC

Branderburgian

Corporal
72 Badges
Aug 28, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
House of the Dragon made me dig out this old gem and as usual the timelines that come out of it are both interesting and surprising. I decided to play 100 years as Aegon and his heirs and see what I could make out of it. To keep things interesting, I put in a few rules.
-Deal with Dorne differently: It is extremely easy to handle Dorne if you want to be gamey and I didn't. Even if I had a hundred percent of war score, I wouldn't end the war before one of these things happened a) I managed to imprison the ruling Prince or Princess either through battle or plot, b)killed or capture Aegon or one of his sisters, c)Winter came before the war was finished
-Roleplaying as much as I am able: Character makes a bad decision, good, roll with it.
-Have some things happen as they did: Building the Dragonpit for example close to 42 AC and things like that

Now, on to the main show
IMG_20220917_131827-min.jpg
IMG_20220917_131851-min.jpg

The Conqueror's Realm, seemingly a unified entity but deep down.
A patchwork of Lords kept together by the Conqueror.
The situation in the various Realms of Westeros

Crownlands: Housing the center of Targaryen power, Dragonstone and the City of King's Landing, the Crownlands are the direct vassals of the Crown. An area with rich fields and trade ports, the Crownlands have prospered much under the Dragon's peace and its Lords are the most fervent allies of the Crown.

The North: The largest region in all of Westeros but hardly populated, it is ruled over by the aging former King Torrhen Stark. The Starks quickly accepted the Targaryen's as their overlords after the burning of the Eyre and have remained loyal ever since, fighting a small war with their Karstark kin for control of the region. The Crown has given its royal backing but it has stopped short of deploying troops as long as the conflict remains small and contained.

The Vale: As ‘’High as Honor’’ are the words of house Arryn and they used to stand true. The mountains and valleys of the Vale are home to some of the oldest and proudest houses in Westeros, with house Arryn traditionally ruling from the mountain fortress the Eyrie, far above the clouds. This changed with the arrival of the Dragons. Spurring the offer of the Targaryens, the Vale turned into the hardest part of the Conquest before Dorne. The war in the Vale took a personal dimension when the King's uncle, Daemon Velaryon was captured in a skirmish as his smaller force was moving towards the Vale and tortured at the Eyre by the Queen Regent. That led Aegon to take flight alongside his two sister-wives and burned the Arryn's out of their perch. The Queen was eaten by Balerion the Black Dread while the young King was given the mercy of a beheading alongside any living Arryn's captured at the peak. An assasination hunt was launched for the surviving members of the House. The Vale was given to a branch of House Royce of Gulltown.

The Riverlands: Had a troubled recent history. Giving brief battle to the Targaryen's, Harren the Black was captured and forced to accept the suzerainty of the Aegon but being stripped of his mighty fortress. Turned over to one of the local Ironborn Lords who rebeled during the War with Dorne, Harrenhal and the Riverlands were given to the Blackwoods, who refused to join in their Lord's treachery and rebelled against him. Ever since, the Riverlands have upheld the King's Peace with loyalty and leal service.

The Westerlands and Iron Islands: Hate and war had united these lands long before King Aegon made it official. Ruled over my Marq Lannister, nephew of King Loren Lannister who fought well against the Conqueror and provided his services as Master-at-Arms ever since he bent the knee. Loren and Harren the Black at first and then his son, Harwyn, fought a bitter five year conflict after the Conquest over compensation for raiding and a deep mutual rivalry between the Houses. King Aegon, his attention diverted to Dorne at the time didn't pay much attention until the end of that war. Taking the side of the more dependable Lannisters and after his calls to end the War were rebuffed by Lord Harwyn, King Aegon raided the hold of the treacherous Lord and arrested him, awarding overlordship of the Islands to House Lannister in order to pacify and bring that rebellious area into heel.

The Reach: The food basket of the Realm is a land of chivalry and plenty, where the wine flows as freely as the countless fields of flowers and grass. Ruled over by Garse Greenhand, grandson of Garth Greenhand, King of the Reach and one-time Master of Law of King Aegon, the Reach continuous to prosper under the overlordship of the Dragons.

The Stormlands: Given personally to the brother of the King, Orys Baratheon has managed to bring his realm under control after two small revolts from local lords. Ruling alongside Monica Velaryon, the Lord of the Stormlands has began his own private war with Dorne with the implicit backing of the Crown, seeking to control the passes towards the country, learning from the mistakes of past campaigns.

Dorne: The Dornish Princes might have managed to survive the onslaught of the Targaryen dynasty through a long campaign of irregular warfare, tiring out Aegon's armies until the coming of Winter and a revolt in the Riverlands forced the King to return home. However the war has left its marks, weaking the Princes in Sunspear as many revolts have broken out in the north of the Principality. Orys Baratheon and the Crown have taken advantage of such weaknesses, methodically seeking to control the Mountain Passes before another attempt at Conquest is made.

The Royal Family
The King-min.png
The Patriarch of the House of the Dragon, King Aegon First of his Name , King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. A large title for a large figure, King Aegon forged the majority of a land long divided into one unified whole. Now, a settled Monarch, he has sought to retain a balance within the Realm, shore up his Strength and that of his House. His sisters, Visenya and Rhaenys are still alive, their bond still unbroken but all these legends are slowly fading away. Aegon has grown rotund after he has followed his beloved brother Orys in one banquet too many, Visenya still keeps her sword arm strong but has shown signs of being tired while Rhaenys spends her days in bed, disassociated with the world that she so loved after some illness.
Daemon-min.png
Crown-min.png

Daemon Brilliant Commander-min.png
Lord Daemon, Prince of Dragonstone and recently, Hand of the King (is one of the most fortunate products of RNG that I've ever seen)
has been heralded by many as a perfect copy of his father. Born in 7 AC after much pomp and relief throughout the realm, Daemon is the child of Aegon and Monica Velaryon, the youngest daughter of Aegon's fallen uncle. Growing to be tall, broad and fearsomely handsome, he was trained from the first moment alongside his father in rulership and war. Described as generally just, diligent and kind there was a darker side within him who craved violence, death, and absolute mastery over all he deemed his. Keenly aware of his future, he had once stolen the crown of his father and wore it around court to the consternation of many but the delight of King Aegon. Growing into a brilliant strategist, Daemon supports his uncles strategy against Dorne and even swayed his father to support the Lords of the Prince's Pass when they rebelled against Dorne, joining Orys and an army of 17000 bannermen into the passes and driving away the Dornish armies. The Prince's Pass quickly swore loyalty to King's Landing and governed from Storm's End. When he turned sixteen, Daemon was given his lands in Dragonstone and the Handship, with his uncle Oryn stepping into the role of Master of Laws. Daemon sees many things that he dislikes in Westeros. The Faith is far stronger than it should be, King's Landing could be larger, the Lord's power could be brought closer to heel, Dorne could be subjugated. For now, the Prince is his father's right and loyal hand waiting patiently on the wings of the Dragon for his time to rule.

Valaena-min.png
Dragon Valaena-min.png
Princess Valaena Targaryen was born in 11 AC after much effort, Queen Rhaenys became pregnant. As Daemon is a mirror of his father, Valaena has much in common with her mother. Ethereally beautiful, kind, somewhat slow-going and relaxed, fiercely intelligent and scheming but kind and devoted to her elder brother and husband, the Princess of Dragonstone is the perfect influence and supporter for the future King. A dragon rider since 12 and soon a mother-to-be at sixteen, she's expected to bring stability to the succession of the Iron Throne and anchor it on stable ground.
Shaena-min.png
Princess Shaena came in 14 AC, the second-to-last and final surviving child of the Conqueror. Raised primarily by her mother, the Queen Visenya, she was given much less care than her elder siblings. She is quick to anger and fiercely proud of herself and her heritage. She is betrothed to Alaric Baratheon, her cousin and heir to the Stormlands, a match that is as much a product of their father's machinations as well as a teenage infatuation that has blossomed between the time when Alaric came to be fostered by the King.
Monica-min.png

The unofficial third Queen of Westeros and a powerful figure in the politics of the Realm, Lady Monica Baratheon (née Targaryen and Velaryon) is the Matriarch of two dynasties and perhaps the most important woman of her generation. Brought into King's Landing after the King was afraid of his line and taken as a third wife in late 6 AC, fifteen year old Monica almost immediately proved the better of her older cousins, quickly producing the long awaited heir to the Throne. Remaining at court for a few years, she was married to Lord Orys Baratheon after Argella Durandon was tried and executed for taking a lover and having his bastard. The King engineered the wedding due to the proven fertility of Lady Monica and young age for Orys was getting close to 50 without any heirs of his name. The couple has proven quite successful both politically and as a family, having four children in quick succession ensuring the stability of Orys' line.

Notes: Since I can't include every little detail, I welcome any questions you might have, I have kept a few notes. I am currently aiming to play until the end of the first post-Conquest century (100 AC)

• 3Like
Reactions:
A Targaryen AAR that starts after the war with Dorne and the Conquest? I'm interested.

What will you do besides attempt to conquer Dorne? Invade the Wildlings? Make a dominion in Essos? Get embroiled in familial struggles? Spend all of your time dealing with the other noble houses rebelling?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Invade the Wildlings?
I don't think I will but that's a good idea if I ever get a mad King on the Throne, I must admit
Make a dominion in Essos?
Not out of the question. I have my eye on Tyrosh and the Disputed Lands in general in Westerosi Campaigns because of the control of the Stepstones and the trade through the Narrow Sea but these lands will become short of like Westeros' Crusader States. That's a bit down the line though, there's work to be done at home.
Get embroiled in familial struggles?
We'll have to acquire a family first. Years of inbreeding have done a number on the fertility of the line and there are exactly four Targaryens alive (with only one being male) which are really close to each other. The Baratheons are blood by they have no claims (yet, the incoming marriage will change that) so I think the familial front will be quiet for now.
Spend all of your time dealing with the other noble houses rebelling?
They'll be some of that sure, I'll also try to simulate an event closely related to the Faith Uprising using some console commands and such, during the years of Maegor if you know your ASOIAF lore, although it will look much different, Daemon is no Maegor. I would have preferred it if it happened organically and there are many indicators that a conflict is brewing, one of Daemon's sisters has been excommunicated twice as a child of incest but it's a shame that there is no way to trigger this event. This mod is excellent sure but not perfect sadly, there are limitations.

Last edited:
Welcome to the ck2 agot aar club!

Very interesting premise, the Greenhands still alive, Lannisters given overlordship of the isles, Arryns all dead or fled (I think the execution of young Ronnel was too harsh on Aegons part). Daemon is an impressive heir, looks like he has the trifecta of genius, strong, and attractive. Also very good rping for providing Orys with a fertile wife to rule the Stormlands alongside him so that his house may continue.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Planning on dealing with the ruins? The random one color provides is very distracting
When I get spare money I'll probably rebuilt Oldstones as an alternate seat for a Targaryen, like Summerhall was for example. For now there are so many things that require money.
Welcome to the ck2 agot aar club!
Streaker77... Wait a minute, I think I've seen you in alternatehistory forums. Your Targ campaign actually convinced me to start mine. Small world.
the Greenhands still alive
Yes and for the moment they occupy a similar position as the Tyrells. No remarkable figures from there as of yet.
Lannisters given overlordship of the isles
The Hoares were getting very aggressive, starting rivalry wars with the Lannisters all the time and even rejecting my order to stand down. I remembered that the Lannisters had conquered the Isles in revenge for a killing way before the Conquest, so I thought it was a natural way to stop the conflict for now. Things are calm now, no revolts after Loren took over and the Lannisters have culled the Hoare family tree significantly. The current lord seems to be cooperative. I am thinking if I should foster his children and restore them to their titles at some point since I envisioned this as a provisionary solution until the Ironborn calmed down, although perhaps that's further down the line. The current Targaryen leadership is not eager to trust them.
Arryns all dead or fled (I think the execution of young Ronnel was too harsh on Aegons part).
I envisioned it as a knee-jerk reaction from losing someone close to him. The Targaryens tend to be somewhat erratic when death comes too close for comfort.
Daemon is an impressive heir, looks like he has the trifecta of genius, strong, and attractive.
Insanely good RNG. He inherited both good traits from his parents and got the genius from the coin flip.
Also very good rping for providing Orys with a fertile wife to rule the Stormlands alongside him so that his house may continue.
Thanks. Monica had provided an heir in a relationship that was always transactional. Aegon never loved her enough or needed her to keep her on a permenant basis, I was planning to set her aside anyway but the opportunity to also help Orys came up and she was an easy candidate for his hand. Good pedigree, Valyrian blood and proven fertility.

Corrections, Interesting bits and AI Art
Correction
Clarification: I made a mistake in my notes. Loren Lannister is still the Lord of the Westerlands at 54. I got an event that he had gone into a regency for a bit, probably took a trip and my brain wrote it down as if he had died. I'll retroactively correct it above.

Interesting Bits
Ser Joffrey Lannister-min.png

The Prince's sworn sword and personal bodyguard is a Lannister, Ser Joffrey. He's one of my better Kingsguards hence why he's send in that mission. His only drawback seems to be his temper and he's an absolute fan of the Prince although that's not reciprocated, with the Prince keeping his distance. He also has a lot of positive stats he is diligent, kind, charitable and content with his position albeit he has a temper at times and likes to be fashionable. The Lannisters are making a good case for being Kingsguard in this timeline.

Princess Valaena-min.png

Looks like Daemon and Valaena might be this timeline's version of Jaeherys and Alicent. They are absolutely besotted with each other and I plan to make her a key part of his council since her intrigue stats are amongst the best in the Kingdom at this time, so they will be doing a lot of ruling together.​

AI Art
IMG_20220917_194038.jpg

Prince Daemon
IMG_20220917_194056.jpg

Princess Valaena
IMG_20220919_234006.jpg

Princess Shaena
I always feel more comfortable having faces for my characters and Midjourney has been such a helpful tool for someone like myself that is only somewhat of a passable writer and definetely not a painter. These are the children of the Conqueror at 27 AC

• 4Like
Reactions:
Good to see the Targaryen families second generation is seemingly getting along, it was the same for mine but things are slowly veering away torwards familial cooperation to rivalries in mine, also good to see you from AH, I did just start posting there, small world indeed, I post on several forums and this isnt the first time ive seen a familair face.

Also, extremely creative idea for using AI generated art, I had never heard of that program but I saw you include the name of it and tried it out a bit and damn it looks cool, what keywords did you use for those 3 portraits if you dont mind me asking?

Looks like your Targaryens have had a problem with stillborns.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good to see the Targaryen families second generation is seemingly getting along
It's situational I think. The siblings grew up together and Daemon and Valaena are so devastatingly charismatic that if we follow the stats I would have to say that Shaena positively idolizes them. Daemon is also the only son and the first born. That leaves little room for ambiguity.

what keywords did you use for those 3 portraits if you dont mind me asking?
Ι got this format from a reddit post and it produces excellent portraits: [describe the subject you want here], [hair color and style], [clothing], highly detailed, digital painting, hyperrealistic, artstation, artgerm, Greg Rutkowski, Alphonse mucha, Jesper Ejsing, concept art, smooth, sharp focus, illustration, Unreal Engine 5, 8K

You can be as specific or as general as you want. For example, I specified an actor for each Targaryen in the prompt and while it didn't get them 1-1 it gave them a slight resemblance. Daemon was based on Henry Cavill, Valaena on Anya Taylor-Joy and Shaena on Bella Ramsay of Lady Mormont fame. Play around with stuff and you can get interesting results.
Looks like your Targaryens have had a problem with stillborns.
A serious one and as I said in a different post, it concerns me more than rebellions, Dorne or anything else.

Last edited:
I am a sucker for any AARs based on the AGOT mod (and one of my top favorite mods to boot) so I will be definitely following this! By the way, does Orys adopt the Durrandon sigil or did he keep the pre-Durrandon one since I take it he didn't marry Argella Durrandon given that he has a Velaryon wife instead.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Let's see how this relationship works out, but that's a good start.

Let's also hope that this Joffrey is nothing like canon's in the time of the main series.

• 1Like
Reactions:
By the way, does Orys adopt the Durrandon sigil or did he keep the pre-Durrandon one since I take it he didn't marry Argella Durrandon given that he has a Velaryon wife instead.
They were married by Lady Argella was found with a bastard, tried and executed. House Baratheon has their canon sigil. The marriage was Lady Velaryon was Orys' second.
Let's also hope that this Joffrey is nothing like canon's in the time of the main series.
He's a decent lad this one.

27-30 AC - Swansong of a Dragon
December 27 AC-min.png

At the closing days of 27 AC, the Faith which had remained silent and even proclaimed King Aegon as Westeros' King and supreme authority in temporal matters made one of its more aggressive moves yet. While the High Septon at the time of the Conquest as well as the next three kept their silence on the matters of the incestuous marriages of the King's family, the new High Septon came from a faction that had other ideas. The Fundementalists loathed the Targaryens as spawns of Incest and they made that clear for all to see when an edict of Excommunication was proclaimed at the steps of the Starry Sept in Oldtown. Its aim was the Princess Shaena, the Conqueror's youngest child. It was as logical a target as it could be under the circumstances. The Princess didn't have the popularity of her older siblings neither the ear of her King Father but Aegon was quick to stifle any dissention. The first edict was withdrawn relatively quickly and another one was lodged soon after that which was again quickly withdrawn when King Aegon and Queen Visenya, the mother of the Princess made an "unscheduled" visit to Lord Hightower on their dragons Belarion and Vhagar. For now, the Faith backed off but the current High Septon would be the source of trouble for years to come. Princess Shaena came to be called by the smallfolk as Shaena the Twice Damned, a nickname that the young Princess came to love and fervently adopt.
February 28 AC-min.png
Tragedy though strikes early into 28 AC when the Prince and Princess of Dragonstone suffered a stillbirth. The young girl that lived for a few minutes was cremated in a somber ceremony in Dragonstone, Princess Valaena's dragon Lykax providing the flame. For now, the first couple of Westeros would continue to remain childless and the Realm would hold its breath.
Ninth Month, Fourth day, 28 AC-min.png
Funeral-min (1).png

Ninth Month-min.png
Screenshot (701)-min.png

Further tragedy would befall the House of the Dragon in the seventh day of the Ninth month of 28 AC as the long suffering Rhaenys Targaryen finally passed on. Confined in her bed for years and non-responsive, her chambermaids discovered that she no longer had a pulse. The distraught King Aegon was heard shrieking in the halls of the Red Keep, confining himself in his room for a week and a half. Meraxes, her dragon's wails would pierce the heavens and make the people of the City scared of dragon fire and blood. While the King was holed up in his quarters, Prince Daemon took the situation under control in order to organize the funeral of the woman that the Targaryen children called Mother. Every lord, large and small, in the Realm was invited for the ceremony and no expense was sparred.
January 28 AC-min.png
asdasd.png
As the King returned to his duties a month after his beloved sister-wife's death, King Aegon finally came to the realization that his end was finally closer than ever before. His thoughts turned to Legacy and how his reign and that of his House would be remembered.

16, 11th, 28 AC-min.png
Meraxes also didn't remain unoccupied for long. Princess Shaena, long ignored by the King, made her presence known by taming her stepmother's dragon in the 11th month of 28 AC. The young Princess made a concentrated effort in locating the lair of the wyrm in the King's Wood before approaching and taming it. Landing at the yard of the Red Keep, she requested an audience with her father. In the packed Throne Room, she informed him in front of the Court that Meraxes would fly again. The King was very pointedly reminded that the Twice Damned Princess was also the blood of the Dragon, even if she came from the woman that she married for Duty.
12th, 28 AC-min.png
Another new Dragon would also come into the fray. Prince Daemon hatched one of the eggs given to him when he was a child, spawning the she-dragon Rhaenion. All members of the House of the Dragon were dragon riders at this point.
Screenshot (706)-min.png
Screenshot (707)-min.png
29 AC passed in peace with more work being put into the Red Keep and the Royal Fleet while the ruling duo of Father and Son devote their time more into the work of organizing the realm.
30 AC-min.png

Relations with Dorne had cooled down significantly after the War for the Prince's Pass with trade flourishing between the two states, punctuated by the occasional border skirmish. But on the opening days of 30 AC, the Dornish sought to heat things up again with a covert jab. Prince Doran of Dorne proposed a wedding between his father and power behind the throne, Prince Lewyn Martell with a low level noblewoman in the court of King's Landing. The families of more highborn ladies were offended urging the King to not satisfy their request. The King did just that, declining to even send a reply to the court of Sunspear.
New Heir in 7th, Second, 30 AC-min.png

The Second Month brought some measure of joy back into the halls of King's Landing as Princess Valaena gave birth to a little girl. Princess Monica Targaryen became the first living child of the new generation although her birth was not without its controversies. The Princess was cursed with an affliction that split a part of her face close to her upper lip and nose. The Maesters tried to fix it with whatever method they could but they proved unsuccessful, forcing the Princess to wear a veil that covered the lower half of her face.
Death of Orys-min.png
His heir-min.png

Shaena grown up-min.png

At the second day of the 3rd month, the King's brother, the legendary politician, military commander and Royal Confidant, Orys Baratheon joined his half-sister in death. The three most prominent families of Westeros, the Targaryens, the Velaryon's and the Baratheon's met in a private ceremony in Storm's End to bid farewell to the giant that supported the Conquest and the Crown with extreme will. The King was seen weeping once again before Princess Shaena, the future lady of the Stormlands lit the pyre of the deceased, standing next to and consoling her young betrothed, Lord Alaric.

Great tour planned in Seventh of 30 AC-min.png
Screenshot (716)-min.png

As half of 30 AC came to an end and in pursuit of establishing his legacy, King Aegon and Prince Daemon began planning a grand Royal Progress planning to reach the Capitals of all the major regions of the Realm. Receiving additional funds through the Bank of Qarth to speed up the process, a large part of the year's budget already thrown into an expansion of King's Landing, the King amassed a vast entourage.
Previous tour.png
Screenshot (696)-min.png

Security was a Paramount concern as an assasination attempt in a past visit to Winterfell had only been averted by the timely intervention of Lord Torrhen Stark and his men, the Lord becoming the Warden of the North in a much more literal manner than ever before.
Brothel-min.png
Screenshot (717)-min.png

The first leg of the trip would be towards Dragonstone. The King would be accompanied by his son to a visit of his old home before Prince Daemon would return to the capital to assume the role of a Regent. During that time, the King found himself even in some of the seedier parts of town, refusing to partake in the pleasures that older Dragons would have. He wasn't interested in spreading any more Dragonseeds than Dragonstone already had, thinking it beneath him.
However, two days after the visit was concluded tragedy struck.
IMG_20220920_155426-min.jpg

Death of a legend-min.png

The ship that carried the Conqueror and his wife Visenya failed to appear at the lookout point on Claw Isles. The Royal Fleet quickly spread out to search for the King, Daemon, Valaena and Shaena mounted their dragons to search for him. A week after, Queen Visenya was located on an islet in the Narrow Sea, deathly pale, shivering and clinging to the Crown of Aegon. As soon as she saw her stepson, the battered woman went to her knees and offered him the Crown, proclaiming him feebly as the new King before passing out from the exhaustion and the vicissitudes of the Sea. In the middle of the next week, Balerion's body was washed out on a beach at Cracklaw Point. The monster of Valyrian legend had died trying to save its master.
Screenshot (721)-min.png

The day that Prince Daemon waited and dreaded ever since he understood how the world worked was here and the future of the House of the Dragon was in his hands...

Notes:
-Shaena shows everyone that they shouldn't have underestimated her. What I mean by "the King never paid her much thought" came from the fact that Aegon had his perfect pair of children. He educated them personally and provided extensive funds for their activities. Shaena was given to her mother and provided with exactly enough to have a decent education but not more, Aegon being slightly more cold towards Visenya. Her siblings though love her according to their stats. The three heads of the Dragon remain undivided.
-We lost Orys. Another legend gone.
-The thing about Dorne wasn't exactly an in-game mechanic but it really reflected my reaction. At that moment my court was populated by nobles from many of the realm's first families that came with their folks that served on the Council and the Dornish ask for the daughter of a landless noble? It must be a jab at all of us.
-And so the Conqueror passes into legend, a towering figure that met an ignominious end.
-King Daemon prepared for this role for his whole life yet the task ahead of him is treacherous. The House of the Dragon is severely depopulated, their greatest weapon is reduced in power and the Faith is nipping at their heels. There's still much to be done.
-The shock of the King's death in such a mundane manner will remain relevant to Targaryen of the future.
-Aegon's death is connected to one of the events during the progress which I was so shocked I failed I forgot to screenshot, an accident at sea.
-Αs always, I welcome any questions you might have.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
The age of the conquerer is ending and a new generation is being ushered in, Orys, Aegon, Rhaenys...all gone, Daemon will have to begin his reign without those who would have been his greatest allies.

I can completely understand your shock about the shipwreck at sea.....in my own story my Aegon died the exact same way, albeit while on a royal progress on the other side of Westeros(shipwrecked off of Fair isle), with Balerion also dying trying to save his master, though his crown made it through the event.....was Blackfyre lost in your event? Very coincidental our leaders both met the same end as I believe that event just has a 10% chance of death. Very Ironic he died close to the place he first made his landing. I wonder what the Ironborn will think about Aegons death at sea and if they interpret it as a sign from the drowned god.

but the current High Septon would be the source of trouble for years to come
I kind of expected this given in a previous chapter you shared some of Daemons attitudes torwards the faith, but this is just another thing that makes the Targaryen families situation so precarious, a new ruler(though his experience as hand of the King) should help him, a dwindling family, and the loss of their greatest dragon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The age of the conquerer is ending and a new generation is being ushered in, Orys, Aegon, Rhaenys...all gone, Daemon will have to begin his reign without those who would have been his greatest allies.
Only Visenya is alive at 57, probably too angry to die.
though his crown made it through the event.....was Blackfyre lost in your event?
Both the Crown and the Sword made it through the event thankfully. We have at least retained the symbols of Targaryen rulership.
Very coincidental our leaders both met the same end as I believe that event just has a 10% chance of death.
Yeah and it is probably the first time it has killed one of my rulers. A punch in the gut.
I wonder what the Ironborn will think about Aegons death at sea and if they interpret it as a sign from the drowned god.
I would presume that they would be very happy and feel somewhat rowdy but I trust Lord Lannister will bop them in the head. Breaking up the Iron Islands really hampers the Iron Fleet.
I kind of expected this given in a previous chapter you shared some of Daemons attitudes torwards the faith
He really didn't like the leeway they had under his father and after especially after the events of the Twin Excommunications of Shaena, he is really tired of their shit.
a new ruler(though his experience as hand of the King) should help him
This is actually his greatest strength and his personal diplomacy. I continued the game into half of 31 AC and all of the Lord's Paramount are in the Crown Loyalist faction with Torrhen and Loren Lannister having a full +100 opinion of him. It has been a very smooth transition so far.
a dwindling family, and the loss of their greatest dragon
These two are the most scary prospects, especially the lack of heirs. I don't want to find myself in a "Viserys-Rhaenyra" situation and more children would let me ensure the loyalty of various houses

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Late 30 AC to Early 31 AC
King Daemon's opening moves

Screenshot_726-min.png

At the 11th month of 30 AC, the Conqueror's funeral took place in Dragonstone. It was a grand but somber event with every lord of Westeros receiving their invitation from their Mormonts of Bear Isle to the Fowlers of the Prince's Pass in Dorne arrived at the volcanic island to attend the send off of the most influential man in Westeros' recent memory. Even an envoy from faraway Qarth came, to remind the King of his father's outstanding debt. The envoy wouldn't have returned with his head upon his shoulders hadn't been for the timely intervention of Queen Valaena, who assured that the Iron Throne was reminded of its obligations and would never imagine forsaking them.

The death of the King passed in popular legend throughout the Seven Kingdoms in various ways. Many people refused to believe that he simply died for he was a legend. Some said that the King left them to only return at the hour of the Kingdom's need, others that he had descended into the volcanos' of his home, turning into stone and resting until he is needed again. Some of the more radical of Ironborn rejoiced at the manner of the King's death, claiming to have been the Drowned God's revenge.

What was readily accepted though was that King Daemon had made a favorable impression on both High Lords and the smallfolk. A known figure throughout the years and much admired due to his successful service as late King's Hand, he enjoyed much support especially from the Houses of Stark and Lannister. Lords Loren Lannister and Torrhen Stark, the last surviving former Kings before Aegon's Conquest had excellent relations with the late King and threw their support behind the newly minted Daemon readily with the rest of the Lords Paramount following suit. The only source of discontent came from Oldtown. While the Faith made a special service in the memory of the King, they refused to send a representative to Dragonstone to participate in the ceremony or even discuss the particulars of the Coronation. The High Septon, it was rumored had gone into hiding upon King Aegon's death for Daemon's opinions on the institution were known far and wide. Always loath to recognize an authority other than the Crown, Daemon believed that the autonomy of the Faith and its exception from taxation was an anathema thrice more despicable than what the faith had claimed about his sister in 27 AC.
New_Priorities-min.png
The_Queen_1-min.png

The King didn't return to King's Landing immedietely, sending his step-mother Visenya to rule in his stead for the remainder of the year while he took stock of the situation. There were many issues that burdened him. The loss of Balerion was a devestating blow to the Dynasty's power while the Faith nipping at his heels was a hassle but the thing that occupied Daemon's mind the most was the thinning out of the Conqueror's blood. He was the only male descendant of King Aegon, a very precarious position for him. Deciding to spend the last days of 30 AC at their first seat, the King and Queen enjoyed themselves for what would be the last time that they wouldn't have Royal Duties with an endless procession of balls, feasts and events.
New_Council-min.png

Their stay wasn't merely for entertainment purposes though. On Dragonstone, the Royal couple formalized the shape of their new Council.
Master_-_at_-_Arms-min.png
Master_of_Laws-min.png

The Lannister family featured heavily on its makeup with Lord Loren retaining his position as Master-at-Arms with the King's close confidant, long-time collaborator and sworn shield Ser Joffrey Lannister joining the Council as Master of Laws.
Master_of_Coin-min.png
The_Queen-min.png

His sisters assumed prominent positions as well with Queen Valaena receiving the position of Master of Whispers while Princess Shaena receiving the post of Master of Coin. Both of women were noted for their abilities in those sectors but they were also chosen to underline the close unity of the House of the Dragon.
Screenshot_752-min.png
Screenshot_753-min.png

Various other smaller positions were given out to the various Lords of the Realm with Lords Blackwood and Stark serving as advisors with little duties whenever they were in King's Landing and the noted scholar Grand Maester Talbert, a noted poet, wiseman and Master of Languages and Geography rounding out the roster.
New_Hand_of_the_King-min.png

Finally, Symond Shawney, a minor noble from the Riverlands and former Master of Coin for the Conqueror was raised to the Handship. Noted for his organizational acumen and just character, Daemon held immense respect for the man and they shared many ideas while they worked together in the past. Shawney was a proponent of central road system for Westeros and in that endeavour he would receive the King's full support.
Screenshot_724_1-min.png
The_New_King-min.png

The King, his sisters, their Court and their dragons returned to the Capital on the first day of 31 AC. After a brief ceremony at the Sept of Remembrance, he was crowned once again by his private Septon from Dragonstone in front of an adoring public, a direct challenge to the hidden High Septon.​

Notes:
-Yes, the High Septon is hidden for some reason. It happened slightly after the King's death. There's probably someone after him but I am spinning it in my favor.
-The Faith has indeed refused to Crown me and I can't organize a coronation through decision and neither are they approaching me for it so either the game is bugged or we're in a tense stand off with the Faith. Either way I am glad cause it fits narratively.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Oh, great. The Faith and the Targaryens are in conflict. This'll end well.

Why am I worried about Princess Shaena taking extreme actions? Maybe it's the Twice-Damned thing...

• 1Like
Reactions:
A new kinsman! How delightful!
Hello there, fellow Dragon. Happy to have you.
Why am I worried about Princess Shaena taking extreme actions? Maybe it's the Twice-Damned thing...
Oh how I would wish for the game to simulate such agency... But for now and since she has the largest dragon amongst the siblings, she's going to be Daemon's attack dog in the fight.

Ive never seen the faith decline to crown a new ruler, interested to see if theres a compromise, if not, Daemon should find out who seeks the High Septon dead and offer some suppourt, perhaps the new leadership of the faith will be more complaint, but with Daemons just trait, hed likely want to pass the sentence himself or avoid murder all together rather than sending hired knives at the High Septon.

• 1Like
Reactions: