• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
guys, forgive my noobish question but what do blueprints do?
and how do i get that event that allows you to have a theoretical breakthrough?

Blueprints speed up research.

thanks guys, but there's still one last thing. Isn't there ANY cheat that will give you a desired technology immediately? because this would speed up my work a lot. If there isn't well, then there are two things i can do:
-load as EVERY SINGLE NATION and make them research nuclear production;
-use the cheat "nuke [country id]" and pray for them to develop the technology themselves.

or you could edit the save game and give the countries the tech there

Use tech [tech id] [country tag]

From secret_weapons_tech.txt from db/tech in Doomsday folder
# Intercontinental Ballistic Missile
application =
{ id = 7130
# Nuclear Waste Bomb
application =
{ id = 7170
# Semi-Fission Bomb
application =
{ id = 7180
# Fission Bomb
application =
{ id = 7190
# Miniaturized Fission Bomb
application =
{ id = 16010
# Fusion Bomb
application =
{ id = 16020

tech 7130
tech 7170
tech 7180
tech 7190
tech 16010
tech 16020

So to give your current nation Intercontinental Ballistic missile you need to type this cheat:
tech 7130

Tough you migh want to try to type
tech 7130 YUG
and then load Yugoslavia to see if they gain ICBM tech.

BUT. It seems you plan to make nations build their own missiles and Nukes.
If you are going to rely on AI to do it for you you won't get anywhere. And on top of stuff, for nuke production in foreseeable time you need reactor. TOugh you CAN avoid that by giving nations nukes with
nuke 100 - gives current nation 100 nukes
Try also nuke 100 YUG

But final problem would be getting AI to build ICBMs.

or you could edit the save game and give the countries the tech there
Won't work. If you simply add IDs into researched tech in a savegame, it will only display the technology as researched BUT it won't give you that effect.

Best course of action would probably be to use Doomsday Editor to edit savegame from 1 January 1936 and add 100 ICBMs (flying rocket 3) and 100 nukes.

What's the nation code for Ethiopia? ETP? ETH? ETI? cause i really want to see ethiopia nuking Rome:rofl:

What's the nation code for Ethiopia? ETP? ETH? ETI? cause i really want to see ethiopia nuking Rome:rofl:

Just open up config/world_names.csv in notepad, go to file/find and type ethiopia. It'll take you right to it.:D

Right, so i finally finished the modding. so, whith which nation should i start? germany against everybody(true classics never die) or an insane free for all?

france against everyone?

Free for all, it'd be so awesome!

if everyone has nukes than I would have to go with free for all.

just played through the first session.
it was largely disappointing, I must say:(
even with Furious agressiveness on, the main powers did not bother using their nukes. (only two- knowing that the country that was hit was germany, if you guess the first two nuked cities you get da money in da box). but, the show must continue, or at least begin... if i feel there's not being enough carnage, i'll just stop the AAR.

cologne and essen?

or berlin and frankfurt?