• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enewald- Let's just hope the Castillians decide to ignore it for now

cocodtim- I'm sure Incan gold will seduce them

Babington-Smyth- As far as I get the westernization event nothing else matters

aldriq- They'll pay, sooner or later, they'll pay :D

Z3RuZ- Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the comments, update coming soon!

So now we've found the Castillians, there's nothing much left to do, until I'm able to establish a colony next to them, so let's get my army out of there. I was checking Kazmir's map and I noticed that Itenines it's near my southern border, so there's where I'm sending my army, through kilometers and kilometers of Terra Incognita.

EU3_4-1.png
The long journey to Itenines​

As for the other army, I must get the Military Access from Zapotec, so let's try again, shall we? First, a Royal Marriage, so things get easier:

EU3_6-1.png

Nope, it's not working, but I'll keep trying. Meanwhile I discover Alpercatas and I get the Castillians to open their market:

EU3_8.png

I really don't know what for, since I can't even see Andalucia. Guess I was bored. On August, I send another diplomat to the Zapotec, this time with the direct proposal of Military Access, but they didn't accept :mad: Now it's time to make some new friends, so I ask for Miltary Access from Castille, and I get it :)

EU3_12-1.png
My new friends​

I discover Oeiras. It's December and a new attempt with Zapotec it's made. It's seems they were getting tired of me, because they accept! :D

EU3_13.png

Finally...

Now, it's time to move my troops:
EU3_14-1.png

As 1468 starts, I get a new colonist and I send it to Bogotá, which succeeds a month later. As the months pass, I discover Diamentina and on May, I arrive to Tenochtitlan, capital of the Aztec Empire.

EU3_16.png

Now I must get Military Access from them, and the first towards it, it's a Royal Marriage, so I get it:

EU3_18-1.png

On November, I discover Guayra and get a new colonist, who is sent to Antioquía. One month later, the Aztecs prove to be just as stubborn as the other two:

EU3_21.png

As my troops continue to explore, I discover Itenines:

EU3_23.png
Another goal province​

A couple of months later, I discover Guachichil and I finally get Military Access from the Aztecs:

EU3_25.png
Wasn't so difficult​

I keep moving and my armies discover Sayultecas and Chaco Boreal, which is just next to my southern provinces, and would be colonized to access to Itenines if it wasn't for the angry natives there, and I want to focus as well in westernizing.

EU3_31.png

I get a new colonist in September, but I decide to hold him until Antioquia is colonized, while I wait, Zacatecas is discovered and after that, I get bad news:

EU3_34.png

Let's send the colonist I saved. During 1470, I discover Coahulia, Tama, Lipan, Arica, Waco, Mescalero, Wichita, Comanche, Jicarillo and I send a colonist to Bogota, that is almost a city now. Ozark, Osage and Kansas are discovered as well. I get a Royal Marriage wit Chimu and on November Antioquía is colonized:

EU3_35.png

Now I have access to the Caribbean Sea, let's make Antioquía a city so we can get near the Castillians. Over the next four years the only thing that happens is the sending of colonist to Antioquía. In 1475, I discover Illionis:

EU3_38.png

And Iowa:

EU3_39.png

On March, 1476, I new king rises to the Incan Throne:
EU3_40.png

His stats will certainly be useful for the westernization event. Meanwhile, my army in North America is being kicked by the natives, so after the discoveries of Missouri and Pawnee, I recall them. On 1477, I discover Chianchon, Cartagena and Magdalena. And by 1478, the last colonist is sent to Antioquía, one month later, it's a full fledged city and we're ready to establish a colony near the Castillians, that have expanded a bit now:

EU3_41.png

Unfortunately Itamarca is out of my range by 13, so I'll have to colonize Maranhao, but that's fair enough for now, as long as we are next to the Castillians.

Well done so far, I'm impressed. :cool: So first the goal provinces in South America and then North America? Then what, head East? Good luck. :)

Joe

Excellent ! A path to westernisations ! Also , well done in finding Iowa and Illinois !

Ah... so the Incas have discovered the barreness that is my home state of Iowa. Will they flee, like most people do? :rofl:

Capibara said:
Unfortunately Itamarca is out of my range by 13, so I'll have to colonize Maranhao, but that's fair enough for now, as long as we are next to the Castillians.

That's annoying, I hope they leave Itamarca in peace until you get there. I can't remember now, if you place one of your armies in the province, would it prevent foreign colonisation?

It would be best to keep the Castillians as allies through the game, they could help you out against other European powers.

comagoosie- Hopefully it won't take long before I join the Latin world

Fijj- I'll westernize first, then I'll take the South American provinces I need and finally I'll probably conquer the Aztecs and company so I have enough strength to start my trips to Europe.

Storey- Thanks! Glad to see you around! Yes, I'll take the American provinces first and then I'll probably start colonizing in the Pacific, so I can jump to Japan.

Enewald- I'll be leaving Paris as the final province, because of the challange, the city it is, etc, so we have a good finale.

canonized- Yep, now the problem will be to reach them, I have to colonize several provinces before getting to them, or I could conquer the North American natives and save some time, but still, they're far away.

General_BT- Hope they'll do it, otherwise I'll have to take other measures so they don't interfere in the colonization.

aldriq- I'll keep the Castillians as my friends as far as I can, but ultimately, I'll go to war against them, since they have already colonized Ilheus, but that will be one of my last moves as well. As for the placing of an army, it'll just help them to colonize it more quickly, since it keeps natives from attacking the colony.

Why can't you reach the province? You whrote that you whas ganted a military access by Castille. :confused:

Z3RuZ said:
Why can't you reach the province? You whrote that you whas ganted a military access by Castille. :confused:

It is the stupid colonial limit.
Too far away from neareast harbor.
In eu3 that problem didn't exists, so the knights usually fled to tasmania quite quickly.
Now you can't escape the sinking ship called Europe that well in NA.

Hopefully you don't have to wait too long for westernization. Would be a rather useless and boring game if you have to wait long.

Z3RuZ- Colonial Range

Qorten- I know, that's why I'm putting all of my resources on achieving it

cocodtim- Westernization! :D

February 1478

Everything is ready to westernize, I just need to make some moves before that happens, so let's get moving. First, I have to wait until I get a new colonist, so I may send it to Maranhao, for now, I'll dispatch and army over there, so they handle natives, and dissuade the Castillians of starting any hostilities. On June, I get to change my sliders again, so I move towards Free Trade, so I get more colonists.

EU3_2-2.png

+.20 colonists, -1 stability

Finally, on november I get the so awaited colonist, who is sent quickly to Maranhao, westernization can't wait!

EU3_3-2.png

My army arrives in January and I decide to take care of the natives, nothing can stand betwen me and the Latin World.

EU3_4-2.png

On July I get another colonist and a month later Maranhao is colonized! Now we have a border province with the Castillians, we must start to rise our relations with them.

EU3_5-2.png

So, the first step, is to give them Military Access, for two reasons: Our relations increase by 10, and that gives them another reason not to DOW on me. They accept.

EU3_6-2.png

Some months later I recover the stability lost when changing slider.

EU3_7-1.png

Now, it's time to tell you a little story, called "The Road to the 100", enjoy it ;) (This occurs in a period of a year an a half, nothing else happens, just the continuous colonization of Maranhao and the arrival of more troops there)

EU3_10-2.png

EU3_11-2.png

EU3_12-2.png

EU3_13-1.png

EU3_14-2.png

EU3_15-2.png

EU3_16-1.png

Finally, after that last gift, I reached the goal:

EU3_17-2.png

Now, it's just a matter of time before the event fires, maybe 10 years if my calculations are fine, in the mean, I still send another gift, for anything that could happen and I keep colonizing Maranhao. For my great surprise, a year and four months later, it happens:

EU3_18-2.png

WESTERNIZATION!!! Just one year!!! :D :D :D, now it's time to start with the important plans, which means: getting the South American Provinces, conquering the Aztecs and get the North American ones, and then, to Japan!

Congratulations ! :d