• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Im not angry, Im a bit surprised that resources were spent on something like this rather than improve or add other things to the game.

A crazy DLC like this would have been more acceptable after a bunch of official DLC's have been released, or if its agreed that the game is "finished" or done with.

This whole situation is wildly implausible, from the whole Aztec invasion thing (try visiting some serious alternate history forums for proper arguments on the subject) to the random abuse from some posters about what, essentially is an optional add-on that doesn't take away time from the major DLCs. As a poor student, though I'm massively enthusiastic about experimentation (after all, without it, how would companies know what their consumers want?), I probably won't buy it until it gets discounted in a Steam sale, though I think it may help balance out the game, especially in multiplayer, somewhat. After all, in mp, you often see Western players waiting for the Mongols to launch their own assaults in the East to take advantage of the disorder caused by the Mongols there.

Just my two cents.

Paradox,

Pls use your resources on history, not fantasy.

It is upsetting to customers that you contemplate a fantasy direction because the fantasy realm goes wholly against the grain of what we love about CK2.

The post above mine states Aztec invasion to be "wildly implausible" - that I wholly agree.

Whilst there are some 'fantasy' elements in CK2, potential for which we enjoy (eg. Muslims conquering Rome), in respect of Aztecs in Western Europe - this is completely out of whack. This is almost as bad as aliens from outer space.

As a customer of Paradox, I would like to see Paradox use its resources wisely. I'd rather Paradox use its resources to improve Aztecs in EU4, than putting Aztecs in CK2.

This DLC makes me wonder if the developers have had a little too much derp sauce. I mean seriously. Aztecs? To quote Kanye: "that [stuff] is [freaking] ridiculous". Was making republics playable too cool and popular?

Im not angry, Im a bit surprised that resources were spent on something like this rather than improve or add other things to the game.

A crazy DLC like this would have been more acceptable after a bunch of official DLC's have been released, or if its agreed that the game is "finished" or done with.

This game will never be finished or done with.

I'm still angry that this is happening. Now I will explain. Paradox has gone to great length to make CkII historical. Not only this the Aztecs really. Why don't you have the Zulu and Invade to. The last reason this makes me angry is it looks like a big slam for my money. Paradox please try not to destory the name you've made for yourselfs.

This was made by a separate team of artists & scripters who literally weren't doing anything else at all. There is still an expansion pack in development, Sunset Invasion isn't taking ANYTHING away from that as everything is all planned out in detail.

Furthermore you musn't have very good reading comprehension since Johan, yes that Johan, said in the VERY FIRST POST:

Did it take time from something else?
No. I could write a detailed explanation of this, but if you need to be told that artists and scripters are NOT working on code-bugs or code-features, you might not understand the explanation anyway.

NO. He said it takes NO TIME AWAY FROM ANYTHING ELSE!

I guess I must be one of the dummies incapeable of understanding the magical parallel universe in which these artists were able to defy time and space and create something using zero time and zero resources.

The fact is time and effort and resources were expended which could have been used on something else (something non-lame and plausible and logical which improved CK2). Currently modders are not able to modify or create army models and textures nor can they or modify or create shield frames. We can only use what Paradox release. This DLC was a marvellous oppurtunity to release something that modders and the community have been requesting. In keeping wiht the spirit of fun and fantasy they could have released an Orc/Elven/Dwarf portrait/shield/event/army pack which would have helped LoTR and Warhammer mods. Or an undead/zombie/demon, or an Indian/Japanese themed mod or countless other things.

Instead they chose to use these resources to produce Aztecs.

I guess I must be one of the dummies incapeable of understanding the magical parallel universe in which these artists were able to defy time and space and create something using zero time and zero resources.

The fact is time and effort and resources were expended which could have been used on something else (something non-lame and plausible and logical which improved CK2). Currently modders are not able to modify or create army models and textures nor can they or modify or create shield frames. We can only use what Paradox release. This DLC was a marvellous oppurtunity to release something that modders and the community have been requesting. In keeping wiht the spirit of fun and fantasy they could have released an Orc/Elven/Dwarf portrait/shield/event/army pack which would have helped LoTR and Warhammer mods. Or an undead/zombie/demon, or an Indian/Japanese themed mod or countless other things.

Instead they chose to use these resources to produce Aztecs.

Because Paradox is obviously made up of one or two people and don't have two offices with a multitude of people, because that would be crazy.

Let me be clearer: one group of people are working on the next patch/expansion and a few people who had nothing to do with that worked on Sunset Invasion.

You arent even making sense by your own flawed logic and imaginary "what ifs".

I am stating facts like: "the people who worked on Sunset Invasion could have worked on something else that wasnt Aztecs"

You are trying to "convince" me of your own fictions and arguing your own misconceptions "Do you work there and know what they do?" and in the next sentence come up with the brilliant "it was done in the devs free time".

You arent even making sense by your own flawed logic and imaginary "what ifs".

I am stating facts like: "the people who worked on Sunset Invasion could have worked on something else that wasnt Aztecs"

You are trying to "convince" me of your own fictions and arguing your own misconceptions "Do you work there and know what they do?" and in the next sentence come up with the brilliant "it was done in the devs free time".

My fictions? Johan stated no resources were wasted, and if you think Johan lied, well, that's fine for you I guess. So if no resources were wasted, it was done in free time.

Did it take time from something else?
No. I could write a detailed explanation of this, but if you need to be told that artists and scripters are NOT working on code-bugs or code-features, you might not understand the explanation anyway.

My fictions? Johan stated no resources were wasted, and if you think Johan lied, well, that's fine for you I guess. So if no resources were wasted, it was done in free time.

How about you stop telling me what I am thinking, coming up with bizarre strawmen and odd obviously false little conclusions like "it was done in devs free time".

Are you at least capeable of acknowledging the simple premise that:

"the people who worked on Sunset Invasion could have worked on something else that wasnt Aztecs"

How about you stop telling me what I am thinking, coming up with bizarre strawmen and odd obviously false little conclusions like "it was done in devs free time".

Are you at least capeable of acknowledging the simple premise that:

"the people who worked on Sunset Invasion could have worked on something else that wasnt Aztecs"

I am not even going to continue this, because a look through recent posts show you are always like this. Goodnight.

I am not even going to continue this, because a look through recent posts show you are always like this. Goodnight.

Like what? Making sense :)

All I am saying is that I personally think the Aztecs theme was a mistake. From the screenshots they look like they are very well done (hardly done in a devs a spare time). Personally I think its a shame that the resources used coming up with the portraits, army textures, shield graphics events etc were not used to improve the base game; or a fantasy motif that a lot more players would have wanted.

Like what? Making sense :)

All I am saying is that I personally think the Aztecs theme was a mistake. From the screenshots they look like they are very well done (hardly done in a devs a spare time). Personally I think its a shame that the resources used coming up with the portraits, army textures, shield graphics events etc were not used to improve the base game; or a fantasy motif that a lot more players would have wanted.

Well, now that your not hostile anymore, sending diplomat for White Peace. :laugh:

Anyways, I'm sure someone could figure out how to port the DLC shields/other stuff into the base game with a mod. But anyways, a giant free patch and expansion that will contain one of the following(pagans,republics, theocracies) is coming out soon™, this was supposed to be the 'unexpected surprise' before it, and boy was it unexpected.

Because you have no right to tell them what they should've been doing during their spare time.

Or would you like your parents/teachers/wife/boss telling you to stop complaining on the forum during your spare time so you can do your chore/study/work/work during your spare time?

Besides, I think you've overestimated the amount of coding required to implement a DLC like that compared to implementing a brand new system such as faction, retinue, decadence and w/e you want them to put in.
Hell, I'd imagine most of the work time is spent on the sprite work, and those are not even that much work compared to the coding portion of a regular expansion/game.