• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(163618)

Recruit
9 Badges
Sep 6, 2009
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pillars of Eternity
To nitro team,

Thank you for East India Companies, my favourite trading game ever and one of my favourite games ever.

I am sending you some suggestions for your future developments of the game.

1- Cohesion between strategic map and tactical map.

How can you be pursuit from behind on the strategic map and see you opponent ahead when you are on the tactical map ?

2- In depth management of trading post.

Been a governor and develop you trading post should involve much more investment, decisions and planning. The required goods to carry on for the trading post should be numerous as an example. Decisions should be numerous as well.

3- Introduce the challenge of money management

How can you pay valuable goods on the other side of the planet if you do not have gold or silver onboard of your ship? How much gold or silver will you need to purchase your goods when you will reach the other side of the planet? Should you rely on silver, gold or other valuable goods to have a bank account? With the discovery of America, the value of silver, gold will intensively fluctuate over time.

4- Realism in crew management and tactical battle.

How can you be sure you Captain will not flee with your gold? How can you rely on you crew members if they do not rest enough when you reach a port? How can you be sure your crew will not flee your ship at the first port? How can you cross the ocean without loosing a crewmember? How can you effectively replace them?

How can you drop tons of goods overboard in a single click? It should need time and affect the overall workload of the crew.
How can you change direction quickly in battle if you do not have valuable crewmembers? How can they fight for you to death if you do not treat them well?

Thank you once again for your valuable game.

There's a sticky thread for suggestions...

1. Pre-battle manoeuvres that lead to each captain fighting to be upwind? :)

2. Agreed. Ability to hire those governors just like captains but with a whole new set of skills would be really cool.

3. Ships do carry cash at the moment and if they are captured or sunk you will lose this cash. But they don't carry nearly enough to cover most of the purchases. Sloop carries around 10k, Flute 50k and so on.

4. Indeed. I posted a bunch of things like that to the suggestions thread.