• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Something I always think tends to be missing in Paradox games especially lately with the move that "removing determinism means you don't get nice events to read, you have to look at spreadsheets"(or atleast that's what it can feel like sometimes in Victoria II) is good sense of 'immersion'. Seeing an icon light up and then looking at an entry in a huge table and reading the tool tips is ok but wouldn't it be lovely to have a nice descriptive and flavourfull event if applicable? I also tend to feel a little sense of isolation from the rest of the world. Seeing France covered in communist revolutionaries isn't something I should accidently notice when scrolling across the map or get a little notification that they have enforced their demands after the fact. Similarly there are some inventions that being the first to discover gives a huge prestige bonus, like romanticist art, if its such a big deal it'd be nice to get a little notification when it's first discovered like you can do when a country discovers or enables a new ideology. Another thing that could be nice is a sort of war correspondant so if the GPs/SPs are at war and there is a particularly decisive or remarkable battle you can know about it. Things like this would really help integrate and flesh out the world and make it feel less like a load of coloured numbers, so to speak.

Also;
SPIES

You can already do a lot of this. Go to the menu (ESC key) and click "Message settings". Look for whatever messages you want and click the box (probably red, since you aren't seeing anything now) on the right side (this will enable a pop-up message anytime whatever it is you clicked happens).

I just want to force governemnts onto other people. For example, play as Russia and force facisim on Sweden, or Play as France and force Communisim onto Spain. Or even force Monarchys onto Democracy's (Having a Habsburg the head of state for the US would be entertaining).

i would like to see urbanization in the expansion
after certain amount of pop, industry and infrastructure a province should turn into an urban which will attract emmigrants and investments

also i would like to see opposing rebels fight each other. for example if fascists rebel, jacobins would rebel too to stop them if they have enough numbers and org.

furthermore i would like capitalist not to invest railroads too much. they build them in arctic and desert zones too :wacko:. remember, russians built railroad moscow to vladivostok by the government. none of the capitalists ever tried to do it.

Embargo for a certain countrie would be nice: tanks trade with potential enemy can be fatal...
And it would be good to create inflation, because countries have too much free money.

You can already do a lot of this. Go to the menu (ESC key) and click "Message settings". Look for whatever messages you want and click the box (probably red, since you aren't seeing anything now) on the right side (this will enable a pop-up message anytime whatever it is you clicked happens).

Ive looked in message settings a lot(every time I try a mod etc. I have to go through them again :) ) there is one that'll tell you when a country discovers/enables, say facism, and one that'll tell you they've fallen to rebels and one that will tell you when two different countries go to war(and what allies join or betray them etc.). But there isn't one, that I've noticed anyway, that tells you the Romantic movement has started in, say, Portugal, or that a million communist revolutionaries have taken to the streets in Brazil, or that during Russia's war with Austria they lost half their army during a month long battle for Cherson.

I'd love inflation to be added, think post war Germany. I'd also like more economic in dept, such as economic stagnation and crises that doesn't come from war.

I support inflation as well. Not for the depth though, but if prices went up during the game it would help balance the prices as the availability of income raises exponentially as well. As it is, you end up with more money than you can spend towards the end of the game, if prices went up as the GDP went up, the economy and challenge for the player would be better balanced.

Oh, a big problem is that now you do not know how the preferences of people with the right to vote will change after the expansion of voting rights. For example, I'm willing to give a right to vote to medium stratum, but if it leads to the rise to power a party that does not suit me, this reform will not happen. And find out which party will win next election after the reform can only be as a result of "save-load"

I've been playing communist Germany lately. With a huge colonial empire.

The only change I reeaallyy want for AHD is being able to build railroads, forts and troops from the ledger AND by shift-clicking provinces to build in multiple provinces at once. It will do wonders when building forts along a long border.
If I have to build 500+ railroads for every railroad level again... I will most likely get carpal tunnel syndrome.

also please add "set rally province" option for troop and ship construction. it is so boring to collect and merge all those ships and troops

I'd like to see a few changes in rebels:

1. Allow ideological rebels (A-H, Jacobins, Communists, Reactionary, and Fascists) to spawn only in full states/territory contiguous to the capital/core territories. It's annoying to have to fend off rebels in colonial territory that have no chance of enforcing a government change as they cannot reach the capital. An alternative would be to have high militancy POPs in colonial territory join a nationalist rebel group instead.

2. Reduce/eliminate ideological rebels for uncivs. I've noticed in recent versions that many uncivs are bounced back and forth between A-H and Reactionary revolutions with no end. As many small uncivs (and even medium-sized ones, like Siam) tend to lose their armies pretty quickly and do not mobilize when rebels pop up. They then fall easily to rebellions. I'm hard pressed to name an "uncivilized" state other than China that fell to ideological rebels during the time period. True, there were palace coups and tribal leadership changes, but actually changing the form of government (from say monarchy to dictatorship) happened rarely. For China eprhaps there could be a care-out in that with a certain level of militancy or number of Boxer rebels it would force a regime change.

Thoughts?

This might of been commented on in a Bugs thread or elsewhere but it seems to be a feature and should be changed.

Whenever in the late game I acquire a massive debt, but finally get enough money to pay it off in full, I still only can pay it off in 60-70k increments. Too much clicking. This has been constant through 1.3 to the latest Beta 1.4. This is why I think it's a feature and not a bug.

Also...would it be possible to make so you can repay specific debts you owe to individual countries instead of the present system where you don't know who you're paying off as you pay off debts. I think the present system defaults on paying off your national bank debts first. I would rather, as an aspect of strategy, pay off debts for a specific country at a time if possible.

Also, perhaps a field in the screen where you could simply enter the amount you want to pay off, instead of using a slider. I would be very happy to remove the slider if possible. Way too much mouse clicking in my opinion. If not, fix it so I can pay off everything at once with the whole of my treasury instead of small bits at a time.

thanks,

Brycef

I also have some suggestions for AHD:

1. New Casus Belli: "Renounce claims" - can't be used as primary war goal and only for provinces which are owned by one country and second has cores on it, for eg. Germany could use it on France after they take the Alsace-Lorraine, so there won't be annoying wars like "7th French liberation of Elsass-Lothringen".

2. As AHD focuses on civil war, I would like to see civil wars happening not only in USA, but also in other countries, for eg. when rebels change government the areas not taken by them will create country and start a civil war - something like Spanish Civil War 1936-39 or Civil War in Russia (this might be difficult to make because of TAGs)

3. When rebels in SOI'ed country change government, the sphere leader should receive a "restore order" CB which restores former government type and includes country into SOI

4. Reworking nationalist rebels - now they have to control all the core provinces which is extremely difficult to obtain, even for small countries. I think the rebels should release not whole countries, but regions instead, and thus creating country.
Nationalist rebels should fire also when the country already exists, for eg. Greek or Serbian nationalists in OE or Romanian in Siebenbuergen.

5. Annexing SOI'ed uncivs, max. 4 states - something like "establish protectorate" CB, but without war and after "Nationalism & Imperialism" is discovered

6. When rebels create new country (eg. Catalonia breaks out of Spain), it should start a Civil war in country (in this case Spanish Civil War)

7. New decision for GPs - "Unite Italy/Germany/India/AnyOtherCountry" - after SOI'ing all countries from culture union the decision would create united country as satellite or in SOI of creator.

PS. Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker. I hope everybody will be able to understand what I mean ;)

With the proposed introduction of overseas investment, I'd like to see a CB which allowed investor nations to intervene if a country went communist (and presumably nationalised its industry). Maybe it should only kick in if communism is imposed by revolution as perhaps the more gradualist methods of elected communist regimes would include compensation for foreign capis (after all their system's just going to collapse under its own weight eventually).

Secondly, and this is a pet peeve - I'd like to see electoral voting patterns tied more closely to game events. No-one ever seems to reward a government for competence or punish one for jacking up taxes to the limit. Successfully reclaiming cores, presiding over a booming economy and keeping taxes down should provide a boost to a government no matter how their ideology differs from that of the electorate.

Similarly, anti-military POPs should punish an anti-military government if it ignores its own principles and starts wars everywhere. Votes should either switch to other anti-military/pacifist parties, or the whole policy area should be ignored when deciding how that POP votes.

With the proposed introduction of overseas investment, I'd like to see a CB which allowed investor nations to intervene if a country went communist (and presumably nationalised its industry). Maybe it should only kick in if communism is imposed by revolution as perhaps the more gradualist methods of elected communist regimes would include compensation for foreign capis (after all their system's just going to collapse under its own weight eventually).

How about a mechanism whereby nations can "Refuse to Repay Debts" to loaner nations. They already have a "Repay Debts" CB, but historically some nations refused to repay debts WITHOUT going into Bankruptcy to do it. That way you can strategically initiate wars by this action. Also if the loaner nation refuses to act on the CB, they should lose some prestige for it. After all historically it wasn't just that Russia under the communists was bankrupt, it was also that Bolsheviks refused to repay Russia's war debts at all over ideological and political reasons. This lead to a Britain and America intervening in their civil war. My point is that it wasn't just economic bankruptcy.