• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
so i made everyone in the empire dress up like satanists:
rzVIdKi.png

now if I had some more artistic ability I could make Imperial specific clothes

I tried to make the retinue buildings increase retinues by a percentage, but it wasn't working very well as the starting retinue cap is really really low, so even if a building increased it by 100% it increased it very marginally compared to just using flat numbers. Right now if you have the max 16 demesne holdings and maxed retinue buildings in all your demesne, you should have a retinue cap of 64000, retinues have higher morale and organization that levies, AND you should still be getting a substantial amount of vassal levies unless you have max Tax laws (with just Myr, Tyrosh, and Lys, I'm able to get 25-30k.)

well i didn't mean that it should only be percentage, the idea of the camps is good, but they give too much too soon (in my opinion), if instead each camp gave 2000 fully upgraded, and you added somewhere a percentage modifier based on realm size lets say +0% up to 150/ +50% up to 200 / +500% on realm size 500 or some numbers like that, it would provide the ilussion that you are getting recruits from the provinces to train them in your camps,
Another thing, the camp modifiers hile they do make some sense they arent exactly what i feel they should be. Unless i am mistaken which i could be, troop modifiers only affect retinues when on your capital, so they are mostly fluff in your camps (you dont get any levies that profit from it),
the tax modifier... well you have your reasons, i just don't understand/share them, #For Balance / More hands to plow the fields, etc. etc. for those reasons i think it should be instead a modifier to garrison, because building those camps make it so siegeing your counties becomes a walk in the park, when at least in my opinion, if i have a huge ass training camp near/ inside some of my cities/castles it should make them MUCH MUCH harder to siege rather than easier (you can send the trainees to man the walls).

TLDR: camps should give a flat amount of retinues (just a tad lower on the higher levels) and increase the garrisons of the province, in your capital holding you shold get the bonuses to the troops (so the retinues get it) and a percentage increase of the reinue size as your empire grows as a character modifier akin the reduced retinue cost you already get.

it is my opinion that it would make it feel more like a growing empire when you do expand, and would penalize less those that prefer having a few cities in their capital so they can swim in gold. (it would still be a trade-off)

When I boot this with Valyria Colonization there ends up being two Valyrian religions and two Valyrian Empire decisions. Did I install wrong or something?

How would those nice new threads work with some of the submods that add more variety to the portraits in general?

Well. Ive have a new playthrough and while if I switch players to my autocrats I can effect the taxes and desmene balance obligations to push them down. They cant effect hereditary/appointed nobility and the autonomy of vassals laws. The emperor title can do so but it only applies to his direct vassals opinions so the duke's opinions are all given a permanent -40 or so to their king-tier overlords from the laws being stuck at the highest levels of authority and cant be changed by the kings. Please tell me this is gonna be fixed in the next updates. I don't want to play the mod when I'm having my kings overthrown in favour of myself all the time as I'm in the middle of colonising loads of land. It's an unnecessary hassle.

Eh, I think you should rethink the Imperial government thing, the way it works now means that I can't have merchant republics as vassals since they all convert to Imperial. I suggest something like the Empire-gov from the Warhammer mod that grants a new post-feudal gov (complete with being able to hold cities) for feudal lords while still allowing for republics under it.

what files would I need to delete so its compatible with the dlc portrait mod since I'm assuming that its not compatible with the added clothing
Probably all the same files that the portrait mod adds. You might need to modify files in \interface\portraits but try the first solution first