• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unseengundam

Recruit
8 Badges
Apr 29, 2014
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
I am kind of stuck as Japan since Germany hasn't moved to take over Czechoslovakia or Poland in Aug. 1940. As Japan, I have progressed to attacking the United Kingdom homeland.

The problem is as the UK gets knocked out Soviets declare war on the Axis and the only front they have is against Japan. Poland and Romania serve as a neutral buffer and Germany basically doesn't lift a finger against the Soviets.

How do I get Germany to engage and get them to take over Poland & Czechoslovakia, plus get Romania in Axis or Conqueror it?

Honestly, right now I am stuck reloading old saves before USSR DoW because not ready to face the USSR alone.

Its about a bug in the LUA update this may concern all kind of mods.
I know that it does.
It might not concern the Vanilla game, true.
I just wanted to give some help.
Maybe you have a better suggestion?

Wonder if Germany step up and do what is supposed to?
Doubtful, but try and report back.
You might have to reload the whole thing anyway since the game is a mess it seems.
A game without an active Germany is usually unplayable for ther rest of the axis.

Reactions:
Without the manpower bonuses from annexing CZE by decision, GER is going to struggle against the Soviets later in the game, even if you declare the wars yourself and drag them in. I don't see it as salvageable. Did GER at least annex Austria, or is their AI completely dead?

Excuse me, this may be a stupid question. But did Japan join the Axis? Without Japan in the Axis many of the event that move Germany along never happen.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not really. Germany should have done the Remilitarization of the Rhineland in early 1936, otherwise the rest of the event chain is bugged. They should annex Austria (Anschluss of Austria) in spring of '38. If that happens, they should be able to trigger Danzig or War in 1939, regardless of whether they do Munich and First Vienna. Japan is not needed in the Axis for any of those events, and normally doesn't join until sometime in late '38 or '39 anyway.

The first question is, did GER trigger Anschluss? If that hasn't happened, then the game is a complete write-off. If they did, then it's still problematical because GER won't get the manpower and IC bonuses from CZE, even if they do a DoW on Poland.

The second question is, did Japan do anything to affect Austria or CZE? Using spies to boost a party OTHER THAN Germany's ruling party, or else killing German spies while trying to eliminate AUS/CZE spies, might prevent GER from fulfilling the requirements for those decisions. There's a 10% chance that CZE will refuse the demands, leading to an early war, but it doesn't sound like that happened in your game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you want to have a WW2, you better make sure that Germany annexes Austria and occupies the Czechs before going to war over Danzig. If those things don't happen, the German AI is pretty much doomed unless it gets really lucky somehow.

Reactions: