• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
APD figures are 3x what they actually are to get the AI to co-operate.

What appears as 3000 soldiers is actually 1000 POPs, and will do 1/3 the damage of 3000 vanilla soldiers.

Yeah, if you play as Germany in APD and you fight Russia around Great War time, you can expect nearly 2000 brigades doing battle against you, but most of them will be standard Infantry. It actually tends to create very realistic situations. Usually in a German vs France-Russia war I fight a very mobile battle against Russia while France gets bogged down unless I flank through Belgium and manage to encircle them(which often ends up just being a continuation of the war with France inside Belgium).

As Russia I had an army of 2000 briagdes plus another 3000-4000 when mobilized.

Speaking of Russia:
2012080700002g.jpg

Someone(probably you) dismantled the UK. Alsace was either in on the war or had fought a separate war against the UK in the same general time frame. That explains your last two screens. First one is just a strange happening(and super ahistorical because a state in that land would not call itself Prussia, even if ruled by Hohenzollerns, and that's a democracy).

2012-12-27_00003_zps0b5f9ca8.jpg

Well america your policy of isolationism after the civil war didnt really work out, I think you should just give up. Infact 10 years later the confederates would have the largest/most powerful army/navy in the world, having a military score of 2800 with 1300 navy score(dreadnoughts FTW) 1300 land score and 200 leader. This ment that everyone else didnt want to attack me because my army was to strong, even 200 infamy wasnt enough lol. Britain the only power close had 2200 military score well everyone else was under 600.

2012-12-28_00001_zps885eab91.jpg

Well I know theres alot of cultures out there but, fur? Thats just such an odd name.

2012-12-28_00002_zps70ccb572.jpg

WEll this explains why this naval battle has lasted 2 years... There not point there guns at each other, I guess deep down inside dixies and romanians are best friends.

2012-12-30_00001_zps14f858a8.jpg

Well I feel bad for dai nam here there just trying to saying that they dont want to buy opium from the middle man since it inflates the price alot. Personal i dont know what my merchants where thinking wanting to buy opium then sell it to another country.

2013-01-03_00001_zps5697c8f9.jpg

Well this is player done so I guess its not that strange but, still... Its quite strange.

manhattan_zpsbe5242ca.jpg

First time I've ever seen Manhattan Commune

Seen an independant manhattan commune as GP and a HUGE industrial score cause they had like 3 million population and 70% was craftmen.

Sorry I don't have a screenshot, but in my game the industrial score of Communist France jumped from about 800 to 743,000 in 4 days in-game. Meanwhile, they had built up their navy to an armada of 40,000 ships. However, their number of land brigades... 2

Sorry I don't have a screenshot, but in my game the industrial score of Communist France jumped from about 800 to 743,000 in 4 days in-game. Meanwhile, they had built up their navy to an armada of 40,000 ships. However, their number of land brigades... 2
You've used the 'inc' cheat? Sometime capitalists go nuts on railways, if they're built immediately (related to the way how capitalists work ingame). The same goes for ships - sometimes the AI decides to spam ships (most times dreadnoughts), to buff their military score, so if the AI has enough money at the hand and can build ships in one day it would spam them just as hell.