• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chinese panama has really become Chinese panama!

When I looked after some time at Chinese panama did I not only notice that it had become a state, but that it has become quite completely Chinese. At first thought I that that province had assimilated, but only 24.7% is Manchu and I thought that people only assimilate to your primary culture. Quite 60% comes from other Chinese cultures who have completely overwhelmed the rest, so is this really all from immigration?

I think that this is actually plausible alternate history, even without china owning any American Provinces migrated many Chinese people to America, so it is logical that a Chinese American province would be a magnet for them.

... I think that this is actually plausible alternate history, even without china owning any American Provinces migrated many Chinese people to America, so it is logical that a Chinese American province would be a magnet for them.

While I believe that if China had actually controlled/owned a state there would be an increase in migration - I think the plausibility of China actually developing and securing the Panama or Suez canal is very suspect. Even a China that went through a Meji-style modernization campaign as Japan did. At least for the game's timeline.

v225.png

... Right.

While I believe that if China had actually controlled/owned a state there would be an increase in migration - I think the plausibility of China actually developing and securing the Panama or Suez canal is very suspect. Even a China that went through a Meji-style modernization campaign as Japan did. At least for the game's timeline.

Yes I think you are right, especially because all research I put into industrial research in order to get industrial dominance(which I achieved) meant that my army tech is still just as pathetic as before I civilized.

In reality would the great powers realize how weak my gigantic paper army actually is and take panama from me. I think that Britain would have acted even earlier against me: the moment I started to threaten their industrial dominance.

Given the current real world politics, this screenshot did make me giggle...

AfghanGood.jpg

that is 2 provinces above

He was talking about a battle that did have that many involved I suppose? Though I'm not sure how many Verdun had.

If paradox could code the AI correctly not to throw all its troops in and then allow the player just to walk around it and take all their provinces it would be a great show of ww1 warfare. Just casualties need to be upped. A lot.

Hmm.. never had a look at the Verdun numbers. Amazing to say the least. By my calculations each person did not have more than 10m square on average. That's a square hardly more than 3m on the side. Hardly a tenable position for more than a few days!